Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? (7820 Views)

Is Jesus God? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 12:15am On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

I feel you are trying to make a point but maybe you are not properly expressing yourself.
Are you tying to ask me why I don't worship other saviours?

The Eras of those Saviour have passed.

Let just Go back in time to Othniel days .
Othniel was sent by Jehovah to God's people. If it happens you're alive then .
Would Othniel be worthy of your worship?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:16am On Jan 16, 2021
haddeylium:

You'll shortly.

Why is Othniel not worthy of your worship as a Saviour?
Remember, he was Sent just as Jesus was sent by Jehovah.
Don't you get it, in the scriptures, Christ speaks of his kingdom. He rules over us. And he paid the ultimate price for our soul.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:17am On Jan 16, 2021
haddeylium:

Read my last 2 post I just answered this question
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 12:22am On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

Good question. We worship Christ because he is the Great Jehovah. The creature of heaven and earth. For a child has been born to us,+
A son has been given to us;
And the rulership* will rest on his shoulder.+
His name will be called Wonderful Counselor,+ Mighty God,+ Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
He is our great king and leader. That is why we worship him

Is this why you won't worship Othniel?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:22am On Jan 16, 2021
haddeylium:

Like I said, Christ is our heavenly king.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 12:23am On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

Don't you get it, in the scriptures, Christ speaks of his kingdom. He rules over us. And he paid the ultimate price for our soul.

So, you wouldnt worship Othniel...why?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 12:27am On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

Like I said, Christ is our heavenly king.
But Jesus is not heavenly Father that should be worshipped right? wink
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:27am On Jan 16, 2021
haddeylium:

Revelations 19.12-16

His eyes are a fiery flame,+ and on his head are many diadems.* He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, 13 and he is clothed with an outer garment stained* with blood, and he is called by the name The Word+ of God. 14 Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen. 15 And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword+ with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron.+ Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.+ 16 On his outer garment, yes, on his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
This is who Christ is and why we worship him. Listen to his titles, King of Kings and Lord of lords, these are Jehovah's titles. That is who he is

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:32am On Jan 16, 2021
haddeylium:

But not heavenly Father that should be worshipped right? wink
Jehovah is not Heavenly Father. Do we worship him? Depends on the version of bible you read, the answer is yes
Matthew 28.18
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
He holds all authority.
But then let me ask, when you say worship, what do you mean
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 12:40am On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

Revelations 19.12-16

His eyes are a fiery flame,+ and on his head are many diadems.* He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, 13 and he is clothed with an outer garment stained* with blood, and he is called by the name The Word+ of God. 14 Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen. 15 And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword+ with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron.+ Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.+ 16 On his outer garment, yes, on his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
This is who Christ is and why we worship him. Listen to his titles, King of Kings and Lord of lords, these are Jehovah's titles. That is who he is

It's not about quoting scriptures.
The important thing is, do you understand it?

Jesus was exalted by his God 'Jehovah' to the position of 'king of king', 'Lord of Lord' over all the earthly ruler .. (Php 2:9-11)

Now, go back and answer the question.
Why is Othniel not worthy of your worship. Address this
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by haddeylium(m): 12:42am On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

Jehovah is not Heavenly Father. Do we worship him? Depends on the version of bible you read, the answer is yes
Matthew 28.18
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
He holds all authority.
But then let me ask, when you say worship, what do you mean

You missed my point.
I modified it.
check it again
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:46am On Jan 16, 2021
haddeylium:

Jesus was exalted by his God 'Jehovah' to the position of 'king of king', 'Lord of Lord' over all the earthly ruler .. (Php 2:9-11)

Now don't forget, he said his kingdom is not of this world..
And that is why we worship him.
Isaiah 9.7
To the increase of his rulership*
And to peace, there will be no end,+
On the throne of David+ and on his kingdom
In order to establish it firmly+ and to sustain it
Through justice+ and righteousness,+
From now on and forever.
The zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:50am On Jan 16, 2021
haddeylium:

You missed my point.
I modified it.
check it again
Thanks for quoting Phi 2.
so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground+— 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord+ to the glory of God the Father.

We all wor ship Christ everyone, both in heaven and earth
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:52am On Jan 16, 2021
haddeylium:

You missed my point.
I modified it.
check it again
So sorry, I am not sure I see what you modified. Resend please
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:01am On Jan 16, 2021
@highlighted
I think Moses was a man! John 1:18
The man who penned down what i cited up there is one of the followers of Christ, and by the time he was writing it he has become a Born Again Christians!
I believe he knows the TRUTH {John 14:6} better than the writer who thought Moses saw God face to face!
So soothe yourself Sir! wink

Tcwork:

I really love the simply way you see life. Anyone that does not agree with your line of reasoning is against Christ..
And it's funny than whenever we come up against what we can't explain we end up saying "You can't understand."
Who told you it is about me? This is a forum. Explain yourself. Even if I am so stupid that I can't understand. Someone else would.
Now you are claiming monopoly of understanding, go ahead and let's hear from your immense knowledge. Tell us, did Moses see Jehovah or not.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:03am On Jan 16, 2021
What do you think? wink

Jman24:

So which organization is the love permeating from ?
Funny max grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:36am On Jan 16, 2021
The rich man in Jesus' illustration dearly wanted Lazarus to cool his thirst {Luke 16:24} his five brothers are still out there criticizing Moses and the prophets {Luke 16:29} they are confused and scattered {Luke 11:23} so even though they want to relate as brothers in the same faith they're not in agreement due to the rebellious spirit living in them! Luke 16:28

Haddeylium my brother, God's holy spirit has given us the wisdom to identify procrastinators, no amount of the dew can quench his thirst, so why not live him with his other (five) brothers? Luke 16:28
Let them solve the problem they created within themselves due to their Love for TRINITY! Matthew 7:6
Remember how precious our time is! Ephesians 5:15-17

haddeylium:

You missed my point.
I modified it.
check it again
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Jman24(m): 7:18am On Jan 16, 2021
haddeylium:

Hmmm. Intelligent question
And some are already grasping for breath
Quoting all sorts of conjectures grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Jman24(m): 7:28am On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

Good question. We worship Christ because he is the Great Jehovah. The creature of heaven and earth. For a child has been born to us,+
A son has been given to us;
And the rulership* will rest on his shoulder.+
His name will be called Wonderful Counselor,+ Mighty God,+ Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
He is our great king and leader. That is why we worship him

. Christ is the creator of heaven .. now born to us in flesh after creating fleshy Adam and Eve.

You ended up mocking the creator.. grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 7:44am On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

. Christ is the creator of heaven .. now born to us in flesh after creating fleshy Adam and Eve.

You ended up mocking the creator.. grin
That's your opinion. If you think the bible is mocking Christ.
Without him was nothing made that was made. Again the bible teaches that the word became flesh.
You should have noticed by now. Everything I say is consistent with the verses of the bible
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 7:47am On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

Hmmm. Intelligent question
And some are already grasping for breath
Quoting all sorts of conjectures grin
Wow, the entire Squad is ready to eat me raw.
Oga take it easy. You have no question that I can't easily answer. I just don't know the question he is referring to
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:11am On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The rich man in Jesus' illustration dearly wanted Lazarus to cool his thirst {Luke 16:24} his five brothers are still out there criticizing Moses and the prophets {Luke 16:29} they are confused and scattered {Luke 11:23} so even though they want to relate as brothers in the same faith they're not in agreement due to the rebellious spirit living in them! Luke 16:28

Haddeylium my brother, God's holy spirit has given us the wisdom to identify procrastinators, no amount of the dew can quench his thirst, so why not live him with his other (five) brothers? Luke 16:28
Let them solve the problem they created within themselves due to their Love for TRINITY! Matthew 7:6
Remember how precious our time is! Ephesians 5:15-17

Wow.. I can't believe your arrogance. This is a public forum where people share opinions, and ideas and are free to disagree

Who gave you the idea that you are coming here to save anyone.
Oh, you thought that when you wrote a post, everyone would automatically come over to your church?
Nna, that isn't how it works.
I noticed you hate any kind of opposition. You love people who wouldn't engage you and challenge your beliefs.
When you come across any real challenge, you get frustrated.
I am sure that you believe your doctrine is Superior, but so does almost everyone here. And you must have noticed that many of us here understand the bible so you can't just woo anyone with a verse or two.
My brother, don't be discouraged. Your religion has some good in it yet it isn't perfect. It does not answer all questions.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:27am On Jan 16, 2021
Matthew 10:13 smiley

Tcwork:

Wow.. I can't believe your arrogance. This is a public forum where people share opinions, and ideas and are free to disagree

Who gave you the idea that you are coming here to save anyone.
Oh, you thought that when you wrote a post, everyone would automatically come over to your church?
Nna, that isn't how it works.
I noticed you hate any kind of opposition. You love people who wouldn't engage you and challenge your beliefs.
When you come across any real challenge, you get frustrated.
I am sure that you believe your doctrine is Superior, but so does almost everyone here. And you must have noticed that many of us here understand the bible so you can't just woo anyone with a verse or two.
My brother, don't be discouraged. Your religion has some good in it yet it isn't perfect. It does not answer all questions.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:33am On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Don't you get it?
My bible also has Matthew 10.13
So enough with the hypocrisy already.
You expect the rest of the world to accept your faith, no questionsecrets asked. How does that even work?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:34am On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I have seen you enjoy yourself on nairaland when you thought the argument was in your favour so don't pull the Matthew 10.13 now.
Like most religious, yours is incomplete so if you don't to answerve questions, you shouldn't be in a forum with people outside your faith.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:38am On Jan 16, 2021
Philippians 2:2; 1Timothy 6:4; Titus 3:9 smiley

Tcwork:

I have seen you enjoy yourself on nairaland when you thought the argument was in your favour so don't pull the Matthew 10.13 now.
Like most religious, yours is incomplete so if you don't to answerve questions, you shouldn't be in a forum with people outside your faith.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:42am On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Lol.. I can imagine your excitement the first time someone showed you Titus 3.9
You couldn't wait to use it on another person.
It's your game changer
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:45am On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Just have a think, if we all were like you, ready to run as soon as anyone challenge's our faith with scripture.
I never say your religion is wrong or bad, only that it is incomplete and I can add a little more to the truths you already have.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:55am On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
@highlighted
I think Moses was a man! John 1:18
The man who penned down what i cited up there is one of the followers of Christ, and by the time he was writing it he has become a Born Again Christians!
I believe he knows the TRUTH {John 14:6} better than the writer who thought Moses saw God face to face!
So soothe yourself Sir! wink

Your point here discredits the bible. You believe John''s writing to be correct and Moses false.
So if we assume Moses and all the other writers of the old testament were not born again then the real bible starts from the new testament. Is that your point
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:32am On Jan 16, 2021
Please don't be offended! undecided
I only spoke our language to my own brother in faith {Zephaniah 3:9} JW Organization is just one out of over 41,000 religious groups out there claiming denominations in Christianity.
Please do well to exchange ideas with the others who feel like exchanging ideas with you, our own teachings is not for interchange, we don't practice interfaith, if you don't agree with us what we were asked to do is TAKE OUR LEAVE! Matthew 10:13 smiley

Tcwork:

Just have a think, if we all were like you, ready to run as soon as anyone challenge's our faith with scripture.
I never say your religion is wrong or bad, only that it is incomplete and I can add a little more to the truths you already have.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:49am On Jan 16, 2021
God dealt with the Israelites using prophets beginning with Moses who wrote the first five books. The reason why the book was splitted into two segments was because what those who lived before Jesus thought about God differs from what Jesus said about his father. That's why his own people (Jews) finds it hard to accept that it's the same God who sent this man.

Of course God spoke with Moses directly not through dreams, visions or signs like other prophets {Numbers 12:8} but the idea that Moses saw God face to face is not INACCURATE {Exodus 33:20} that is why God inspired Apostle John to correct that notion. John 1:18

There are many of such instances we are the only people that can TEACH you all these secrets but if you want to turn it into some debate of no profitable end, then we'll take our leave to continue our search for those who are anxious to learn from us! Matthew 10:6 smiley

Tcwork:

Your point here discredits the bible. You believe John''s writing to be correct and Moses false.
So if we assume Moses and all the other writers of the old testament were not born again then the real bible starts from the new testament. Is that your point
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Jman24(m): 9:55am On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What do you think? wink

You tell me. Are you scared? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. / The Great Helper. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye. / Plaetton's Pantheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.