Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? (7975 Views)

Is Jesus God? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 7:58pm On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

But same Bible recorded that jesus(your supposed creator) urged the accomplice of murder(Judas) to do what he has to do quickly. Is he playing double standards by laying a curse on him initially and luring him into it?

First it was not a murder. Jesus had the power to take his own life no one took his life. Second how does this apply to he being Jehovah or not. If you want us to discuss if Jehovah committed a sin or not, you could open another thread.
Jehovah endorsed killings and genocide in the old testament did he break his own law?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well if you agree with my explanation regarding the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit then these are the questions that can help sincere and honest hearted individuals identify the GROUP that perfectly befits this description.

[1] I'm black and African, will my religion/Church permit me to pick up weapons against people from other races at the order of selfish politicians? Mark 12:31
[2] Am i contented with what my religion promised me regarding the future or my religion promotes accumulation of material possessions? Luke 18:18-23
[3] Is there PEACE amongst those taking the lead in my religion? Is this PEACE permeating the entire group globally? John 14:27
[4] What is my religion teaching me about worldly achievements? Am i happily and patiently anticipating the coming of God's Kingdom? Matthew 6:10
[5] Can members of my religion engage in any kind of protest against the authorities? Romans 13:1
[6] Am i under any obligation towards unbelievers in my neighbourhood? Matthew 10:11-13
[7] Does the teachings in my religion promotes fearlessness? Matthew 10:28; John 11:25-26
[8] As a religionist am i free to practice hooliganism? 1Peter 3:15
[9] How many times have members of my religion been involved in cases due to lack of self discipline? 2Timothy 2:15

The above 9 questions will help each person know if his/her religion befits what could rightly be called Christianity!

After considering the first three questions, i realized some twenty six years ago that Islam can't be the group Jesus talked about, that's why i began searching for Jesus' GROUP though it took me 18 years more before i said goodbye to Islam. smiley

Another nice writeup. I think only the first point is unique to JW.
And that is the beauty ofmodern christiandom. Every organization picks a few aspects as their main focus
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

But same Bible recorded that jesus(your supposed creator) urged the accomplice of murder(Judas) to do what he has to do quickly. Is he playing double standards by laying a curse on him initially and luring him into it?

Across the pages of the bible the Jehovah of the old testament commanded mass murder, yet you still worship him as a perfect God right?
But now you seem troubled by Jesus action. Isn't that hypocrisy?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

Unlike you, I have been on the side of Christ since the beginning of this discussion but the further the discussion goes, the more you pitch your tent from Christ. Now you doubt his atonement? Or you are just playing devil's advocate to win am argument

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
Well i disagree with you on that!

Each point goes along with the nine qualities of God's Holy Spirit.
Number
1 ~ LOVE
2 ~ JOY
3 ~ PEACE
4 ~ PATIENCE
5 ~ GOODNESS
6 ~ GENTLENESS
7 ~ FAITH
8 ~ MILDNESS
9 ~ SELF-CONTROL
Surely you can notice individuals having one or two of these qualities because we were created in the image of the one who possessed it all, sin is what degraded us to this extent! Romans 3:23

But apart from JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, you can never find a group of people with just one of these qualities as ONE BODY! That's impossible! smiley
That's impossible !! smiley

Tcwork:

Another nice writeup. I think only the first point is unique to JW.
And that is the beauty ofmodern christiandom. Every organization picks a few aspects as their main focus
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well i disagree with you on that!

Each point goes along with the nine qualities of God's Holy Spirit.
Number
1 ~ LOVE
2 ~ JOY
3 ~ PEACE
4 ~ PATIENCE
5 ~ GOODNESS
6 ~ GENTLENESS
7 ~ FAITH
8 ~ MILDNESS
9 ~ SELF-CONTROL
Surely you can notice individuals having one or two of these qualities because we were created in the image of the one who possessed it all, sin is what degraded us to this extent! Romans 3:23

But apart from JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, you can never find a group of people with just one of these qualities as ONE BODY! That's impossible! smiley
That's impossible !! smiley

This is where I would ask you, how do you know? Personally, I have met the good, bad and ugly from your organization just like most other organizations. That's my personal but honest opinion. I am not sure there is a big character difference
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Jman24(m): 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

First it was not a murder. Jesus had the power to take his own life no one took his life. Second how does this apply to he being Jehovah or not. If you want us to discuss if Jehovah committed a sin or not, you could open another thread.
Jehovah endorsed killings and genocide in the old testament did he break his own law?

He killed himself or he allowed himself to be killed. These are the two possibilities from your submission.
It isn't a different thread .. Dont shrug it off yet
did he the creator (Christ according to you) violate his law "thou shalt not kill" since a killing occurred??
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2021
Surely you don't understand my post, you just keep admiring the skill!

I told you the highlighted is what Satan is using to blind fold people so that you won't recognize God's people! Surely you will find good and evil people everywhere and believe me there is on human being on this planet that will not possess at least one or two of those qualities, and at the same time there is no human that can possess all these qualities as a person! undecided
So in every religion you will find both nice and evil people, the unique thing about Jesus' true followers is that despite the fact that they are just like all other people, God's Holy Spirit will organize them so that all these NINE qualities will reflect not in each individual but IN THEIR ASSEMBLY AS ONE BODY! John 17:20-23

That's why Apostle Paul said when you notice all these qualities in a GROUP of worshipers, don't think there is any LAW against them! Galatians 5:22-23 smiley

Tcwork:

This is where I would ask you, how do you know? Personally, I have met the good, bad and ugly from your organization just like most other organizations. That's my personal but honest opinion. I am not sure there is a big character difference
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Surely you don't understand my post, you just keep admiring the skill!

I told you the highlighted is what Satan is using to blind fold people so that you won't recognize God's people! Surely you will find good and evil people everywhere and believe me there is on human being on this planet that will not possess at least one or two of those qualities, and at the same time there is no human that can possess all these qualities as a person! undecided
So in every religion you will find both nice and evil people, the unique thing about Jesus' true followers is that despite the fact that they are just like all other people, God's Holy Spirit will organize them so that all these NINE qualities will reflect not in each individual but IN THEIR ASSEMBLY AS ONE BODY! John 17:20-23

That's why Apostle Paul said when you notice all these qualities in a GROUP of worshipers, don't think there is any LAW against them! Galatians 5:22-23 smiley

So how does it reflect on the body but not the members
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:42pm On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

He killed himself or he allowed himself to be killed. These are the two possibilities from your submission.
did he the creator (Christ according to you) violate his law "thou shalt not kill" since a killing occurred??
How does this imply in our discussion. Please explain . We are discussing is Jesus Christ is Jehovah.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 10:45pm On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

Maybe to understand you better did the creator violate his law when he commanded wiping out of entire countries in the old testament ? Maybe I would understand you better if you can answer this
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31am On Jan 17, 2021
LOVE is God's predominant attribute, there are four kinds of love [1] Sexual Attraction [2] Relations [3] Friends [4] Unconditional
The fourth is called Agape in Greek, it's the love God have before creating life but because we humans are flesh and we can only develop love for visible things not what we've not seen it's not easy for imperfect humans to love someone without first having anything to do with the person. But due to FAITH Jehovah's Witnesses have cultivated love for all kinds of people and most importantly those who are related to us by FAITH {Galatians 6:10 compare to Matthew 12:46-49} this is why we don't carry weapons for any reason!

JOY is what comes naturally from a pure heart and because we're imperfect it's difficult for us to be joyful without nothing to show for it. But due to FAITH Jehovah's Witnesses have been taught to be joyful always. Imagine what could prompt your neighbour to come visiting you uninvited! ask yourself "how many times have i thought of going to visit someone uninvited if not for selfish reason?" Well it's only when you're joyful that you can think of doing so, hostility is the fruit of Joylessness.

PEACE amongst people is impossible when there is inequality, because someone has what you don't envy, jealous and strife will set in. That's what is destroying the human society but Jehovah's Witnesses have PEACE amongst themselves, the SPIRIT gave no room for envy so JWs from world's richest nations feel bitter seeing their brothers suffering in poor countries, even amongst those leading the group, there is perfect PEACE. You can't see this in any other group because Mammon (money) is involve in their goals, they can't do anything for God without material possessions.

PATIENCE is another scarce quality though you will see people in different religions who are patiently living their lives with whatever they have. But when politicians and other agitators incite them to protest their patience will die naturally. Jehovah's Witnesses will never join in any form of protest due to the SPIRIT controlling their Organization!

GOODNESS is what you will notice in all humans, even hired killers does good to people when their heart permits them, but what about being good towards people you don't know? Surely it's due to goodness in others that makes a beggar sit by the road side confident that he/she will get something from passerby but you can never find a JW begging in the streets, their brothers and sisters will not allow such to happen due to that SPIRIT! Psalms 23:1

GENTLENESS is another quality that is well spoken of by all people but it's only amongst JWs where the SPIRIT dwells that everyone believes gentleness could be found. Please from which religion do you think people can never expect hooliganism? Even during Christmas when the Spirit of hooliganism controls people to throw firecrackers (bangers) up and down. The SPIRIT will never permit JWs to join in such.

FAITH is the unusual stuff! 2Thessalonians 3:2
Scarcely will you find a group of people known globally for unwavering faith in the promises of their God. But Jehovah's Witnesses set the pace, people are still wondering why JWs refused to approve food offered to Idols (unscriptural festivities) casual sex, blood transfusion. Well it's the SPIRIT not individually choices! Act 15:28-29

MILDNESS people everywhere wants others to join them in worship but what do you hear from them? Religionists will say God their intends to roast all those who refuse to join them in worship forever, yet they will still curse those unbelievers at the slightest thing, but JWs will present their strict rules with mild temper and deep respect for the audience {1Peter 3:15} so whether you agree or not their attitude towards you doesn't change because the SPIRIT have already set limits to which they can deal with unbelievers and they'll tell you why they'll not join you in certain things, all other things you'll continue to do together as neighbours. Please don't forget what JWs told you about their faith because they will not compromise but they'll remain your friendly neighbour always!

SELF-CONTROL religious leaders have set so many unscriptural rules for their members ranging from don't drink alcoholic beverages, don't play with unbelievers, don't put on earrings, don't wear make-ups, don't put on trousers, don't dress your hair and so on. Why all these rules? their leaders strongly believe they lack self discipline! So what is the effect of Mr Holy Spirit they're always talking about as another person living inside them? undecided

One or two of these qualities you will certainly find in people anywhere you go but only God's Holy Spirit can bring imperfect humans together to exhibit all these qualities as ONE BODY that's why Jehovah's Witnesses refer to this SPIRIT as God's Active Force! smiley

Tcwork:

So how does it reflect on the body but not the members
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Jman24(m): 7:56am On Jan 17, 2021
Tcwork:

Maybe to understand you better did the creator violate his law when he commanded wiping out of entire countries in the old testament ? Maybe I would understand you better if you can answer this

Stop dodging or responding with a question.
We are talking about Jesus whom you claim is the creator.
Did he violate his law "thou shalt not kill.." since a killing was involved?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:02am On Jan 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
LOVE is God's predominant attribute, there are four kinds of love [1] Sexual Attraction [2] Relations [3] Friends [4] Unconditional
The fourth is called Agape in Greek, it's the love God have before creating life but because we humans are flesh and we can only develop love for visible things not what we've not seen it's not easy for imperfect humans to love someone without first having anything to do with the person. But due to FAITH Jehovah's Witnesses have cultivated love for all kinds of people and most importantly those who are related to us by FAITH {Galatians 6:10 compare to Matthew 12:46-49} this is why we don't carry weapons for any reason!

JOY is what comes naturally from a pure heart and because we're imperfect it's difficult for us to be joyful without nothing to show for it. But due to FAITH Jehovah's Witnesses have been taught to be joyful always. Imagine what could prompt your neighbour to come visiting you uninvited! ask yourself "how many times have i thought of going to visit someone uninvited if not for selfish reason?" Well it's only when you're joyful that you can think of doing so, hostility is the fruit of Joylessness.

PEACE amongst people is impossible when there is inequality, because someone has what you don't envy, jealous and strife will set in. That's what is destroying the human society but Jehovah's Witnesses have PEACE amongst themselves, the SPIRIT gave no room for envy so JWs from world's richest nations feel bitter seeing their brothers suffering in poor countries, even amongst those leading the group, there is perfect PEACE. You can't see this in any other group because Mammon (money) is involve in their goals, they can't do anything for God without material possessions.

PATIENCE is another scarce quality though you will see people in different religions who are patiently living their lives with whatever they have. But when politicians and other agitators incite them to protest their patience will die naturally. Jehovah's Witnesses will never join in any form of protest due to the SPIRIT controlling their Organization!

GOODNESS is what you will notice in all humans, even hired killers does good to people when their heart permits them, but what about being good towards people you don't know? Surely it's due to goodness in others that makes a beggar sit by the road side confident that he/she will get something from passerby but you can never find a JW begging in the streets, their brothers and sisters will not allow such to happen due to that SPIRIT! Psalms 23:1

GENTLENESS is another quality that is well spoken of by all people but it's only amongst JWs where the SPIRIT dwells that everyone believes gentleness could be found. Please from which religion do you think people can never expect hooliganism? Even during Christmas when the Spirit of hooliganism controls people to throw firecrackers (bangers) up and down. The SPIRIT will never permit JWs to join in such.

FAITH is the unusual stuff! 2Thessalonians 3:2
Scarcely will you find a group of people known globally for unwavering faith in the promises of their God. But Jehovah's Witnesses set the pace, people are still wondering why JWs refused to approve food offered to Idols (unscriptural festivities) casual sex, blood transfusion. Well it's the SPIRIT not individually choices! Act 15:28-29

MILDNESS people everywhere wants others to join them in worship but what do you hear from them? Religionists will say God their intends to roast all those who refuse to join them in worship forever, yet they will still curse those unbelievers at the slightest thing, but JWs will present their strict rules with mild temper and deep respect for the audience {1Peter 3:15} so whether you agree or not their attitude towards you doesn't change because the SPIRIT have already set limits to which they can deal with unbelievers and they'll tell you why they'll not join you in certain things, all other things you'll continue to do together as neighbours. Please don't forget what JWs told you about their faith because they will not compromise but they'll remain your friendly neighbour always!

SELF-CONTROL religious leaders have set so many unscriptural rules for their members ranging from don't drink alcoholic beverages, don't play with unbelievers, don't put on earrings, don't wear make-ups, don't put on trousers, don't dress your hair and so on. Why all these rules? their leaders strongly believe they lack self discipline! So what is the effect of Mr Holy Spirit they're always talking about as another person living inside them? undecided

One or two of these qualities you will certainly find in people anywhere you go but only God's Holy Spirit can bring imperfect humans together to exhibit all these qualities as ONE BODY that's why Jehovah's Witnesses refer to this SPIRIT as God's Active Force! smiley

I think I am not getting you. Almost every Christian organization believes in these virtues. I have personally been to the JW kingdom hall 4 times.
Their mood of worship has it uniqueness but I did not witness a big difference in personal virtue of the congregation from any other good church.
Christ said, a city set upon a hill cannot be hid. So tell me what to look out for the next tone I visit the kingdom hall?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:04am On Jan 17, 2021
Jman24:

Stop dodging or responding with a question.
We are talking about Jesus whom you claim is the creator.
Did he violate his law "thou shalt not kill.." since a killing was involved?
I ask a question so I can better understand you and know how to best answer you.
I have 2 perfectly good answers but I need to understand where you are coming from to know which better suits your need that is why I asked.
Was God a murderer when he ordered mass murders and genocide in the old testament?
Numbers 21.2-3
So Israel made this vow to Jehovah: “If you give this people into my hand, I will without fail devote their cities to destruction.” 3 So Jehovah listened to Israel’s voice and gave the Caʹnaan·ites over to them, and they devoted them and their cities to destruction. Therefore, they named the place Horʹmah.*
Deuteronomy 20.16-17
But in the cities of these peoples, which Jehovah your God is giving you as an inheritance, you must not allow any breathing thing to live.+ 17 Instead, you should devote them completely to destruction, the Hitʹtites, the Amʹor·ites, the Caʹnaan·ites, the Perʹiz·zites, the Hiʹvites, and the Jebʹu·sites,+ just as Jehovah your God has commanded you;
And many more.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by johnw47: 9:11am On Jan 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
because we humans are flesh and we can only develop love for visible things not what we've not seen

false jw mad max

of course you false jw's cannot develop love for God
who you have not seen

christians with God living in them cannot help but love Him

MaxInDHouse:
Surely you don't understand my post, you just keep admiring the skill! smiley

1Co 13:4  Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:22am On Jan 17, 2021
There is nothing like "good church" it's either the church of God or the church of Satan!

Both will be filled with humans who were created in the image of God, but while the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit permeates the church of God {Galatians 5:22-23} Satan's Church will be filled with the normal human traits. Galatians 5:19-21

You don't need to get to the Kingdom Hall or Churches of Christendom before you can notice the work of God's Holy Spirit in the midst of God's people.

Look around you and observe the way religionists dearly treats members of their group. For instance during the intertribal conflict between Ilé-ifè and Modákéké in Osun state, there was no religion that could control their members not to allow tribalism come in between their fellow worshipers. What about Rwanda? The Hutus and Tutsis were slaughtering each other. What about Apathied in South Africa? The white were against the blacks to the extent that all the religions in South Africa have separate places of worship for the white separately from the ones where blacks were assembled. Only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES remain united in all of these. The SPIRIT maintained the LOVE, JOY and PEACE in the midst of God's true worshipers!

What can you observe in their place of worship?

Even Sango worshipers will treat themselves well in their gatherings. It's life outside their place of worship that will reveal if truly what they displayed in their place of worship surely have an impact on them! 2Timothy 3:5 smiley

Tcwork:

I think I am not getting you. Almost every Christian organization believes in these virtues. I have personally been to the JW kingdom hall 4 times.
Their mood of worship has it uniqueness but I did not witness a big difference in personal virtue of the congregation from any other good church.
Christ said, a city set upon a hill cannot be hid. So tell me what to look out for the next tone I visit the kingdom hall?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
There is nothing like "good church" it's either the church of God or the church of Satan!

Both will be filled with humans who were created in the image of God, but while the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit permeates the church of God {Galatians 5:22-23} Satan's Church will be filled with the normal human traits. Galatians 5:19-21

You don't need to get to the Kingdom Hall or Churches of Christendom before you can notice the work of God's Holy Spirit in the midst of God's people.

Look around you and observe the way religionists dearly treats members of their group. For instance during the intertribal conflict between Ilé-ifè and Modákéké in Osun state, there was no religion that could control their members not to allow tribalism come in between their fellow worshipers. What about Rwanda? The Hutus and Tutsis were slaughtering each other. What about Apathied in South Africa? The white were against the blacks to the extent that all the religions in South Africa have separate places of worship for the white separately from the ones where blacks were assembled. Only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES remain united in all of these. The SPIRIT maintained the LOVE, JOY and PEACE in the midst of God's true worshipers!

What can you observe in their place of worship?

Even Sango worshipers will treat themselves well in their gatherings. It's life outside their place of worship that will reveal if truly what they displayed in their place of worship surely have an impact on them! 2Timothy 3:5 smiley

I understand your point but I think you are not understanding my questions. First some Churches not just JW have fought discrimination. More than a dozen churches gave refuge during the Rwandan crisis.
These good acts of kindness are widespread. I am not sure you have been able to mention that act of good that is specific to JW. Tell me something that I wouldn't find in almost every Christian organization
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
Haba! smiley
Please have pity on your own soul nah! smiley

If you want to be truthful to yourself, then ask yourself who are those involved in the fighting and killing if all the religions are the same as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES?
If just 20% out of all religions in the world insist on resolving issues without the use of weapons, i tell you shame will not allow anyone to pick up weapons again! But because it's only JWs that doesn't interfere in politics others can't help it when their political hero motivates them to fight! smiley

Tcwork:

I understand your point but I think you are not understanding my questions. First some Churches not just JW have fought discrimination. More than a dozen churches gave refuge during the Rwandan crisis.
These good acts of kindness are widespread. I am not sure you have been able to mention that act of good that is specific to JW. Tell me something that I wouldn't find in almost every Christian organization
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Haba! smiley
Please have pity on your own soul nah! smiley

If you want to be truthful to yourself, then ask yourself who are those involved in the fighting and killing if all the religions are the same as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES?
If just 20% out of all religions in the world insist on resolving issues without the use of weapons, i tell you shame will not allow anyone to pick up weapons again! But because it's only JWs that doesn't interfere in politics others can't help it when their political hero motivates them to fight! smiley

I get that JW have an issue with war. Is that the difference you mean. That's actually a big difference but I need to be certain here is that basically what you have been trying to say?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
Well do you still remember the two greatest commandment? Matthew 22:36-40
Claiming you know and love God but failure to love your neighbour means something is wrong somewhere! 1John 4:8
So YES! We have a serious issue with WAR, God promised that by the time his ACTIVE FORCE gather people from different races throughout the earth as one big family they will destroy all weapons of war and they will not learn war anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4
That's what many other religions who wants to imitate JWs finds difficult to achieve.
Do you know WHY they can't succeed in doing so? Well it's another top secret!
People still believe in human effort to solve the world's problems, so they're trying all forms of government.
Today the last form of government that will soon collapse is DEMOCRACY, people have to choose every four four years who will rule them but each time they do so the coming government will prove to be worse than the previous!
The truth is 99% of people in the world are miscreants and hoodlums so if the majority will choose the next ruler then try to envisage what will happen! embarassed
Relief only comes whenever an unwanted dictator comes to power not through casting votes but the politicians will track him down no matter what good he does for the masses. So JWs knew all these that's why we solely rely on the coming Kingdom of our God {Matthew 6:10} but that's not just it, Satan now seize the opportunity to promote killings amongst people that's why humans will continue to kill themselves {Revelations 6:3-4} but despite the fact that we are also humans and all these affects us too, the temptation of taking sides also could infect us but God's Holy Spirit camped us as one so that we may remain neutral at all times!

That's the secret! smiley

Tcwork:

I get that JW have an issue with war. Is that the difference you mean. That's actually a big difference but I need to be certain here is that basically what you have been trying to say?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Claiming you know and love God but failure to love your neighbour means something is wrong somewhere! 1John 4:8
So YES! We have a serious issue with WAR, God promised that by the time his ACTIVE FORCE gather people from different races throughout the earth as one big family they will destroy all weapons of war and they will not learn war anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4
That's what many other religions who wants to imitate JWs finds difficult to achieve.
People still believe in human effort to solve the world's problems, so they're trying all forms of government.
Today the last form of government that will soon collapse is DEMOCRACY, people have to choose every four four years who will rule them but each time they do so the coming government will prove to be worse than the previous!
The truth is 99% of people in the world are miscreants and hoodlums so if the majority will choose the next ruler then try to envisage what will happen! embarassed
Relief only comes whenever an unwanted dictator comes to power not through casting votes but the politicians will track him down no matter what good he does for the masses. So JWs knew all these that's why we solely rely on the coming Kingdom of our God {Matthew 6:10} but that's not just it, Satan now seize the opportunity to promote killings amongst people that's why humans will continue to kill themselves {Revelations 6:3-4} but despite the fact that we are also humans and all these affects us too, the temptation of taking sides also could infect us but God's Holy Spirit camped us as one so that we may remain neutral at all times!

So basically the no war thing is your strong unique point. Ok I get that. Maybe a topic for another day because it is a really controversial issue.
Also as much as that is unique, JW is not the only religion in history with a no war policy.
Also if a new church comes up with such policy, would you rate it as much as JW?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Members of the Historic Peace Churches such as Quakers, Mennonites, Amish, Old Order Mennonite, Conservative Mennonites, the Bruderhof Communities and Church of the Brethren object to war from the conviction that Christian life is incompatible with military action, because Jesus enjoins his followers to love their
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
Jesus said Go therefore and make disciples of people from all nations... teaching them to observe what i commanded you! Matthew 28:19-20

One thing is to object to something another is to go disturbing your neighbours why that thing is evil! smiley

Well all my life as a Muslim the only group that came pleading with me at my door are Jehovah's Witnesses! Matthew 10:11-13; Romans 10:13-15

Tcwork:

So basically the no war thing is your strong unique point. Ok I get that. Maybe a topic for another day because it is a really controversial issue.
Also as much as that is unique, JW is not the only religion in history with a no war policy.
Also if a new church comes up with such policy, would you rate it as much as JW?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
Even Guru Maharaj objects to killing, but what effort are they making to reach out to everyone in their neighbourhood?

My friend, thanks for sharing your time with me, i really appreciate the moment we share together on this forum. I was a soldier and i know many Asian religions that will say it's wrong to kill but why aren't they zealously preaching and industriously teaching people this virtuous message globally?

Well God's ACTIVE FORCE is not working with them, so they can't be energized to propagate it like JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Act 1:8 smiley

Tcwork:

Members of the Historic Peace Churches such as Quakers, Mennonites, Amish, Old Order Mennonite, Conservative Mennonites, the Bruderhof Communities and Church of the Brethren object to war from the conviction that Christian life is incompatible with military action, because Jesus enjoins his followers to love their
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:40am On Jan 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus said Go therefore and make disciples of people from all nations... teaching them to observe what i commanded you! Matthew 28:19-20

One thing is to object to something another is to go disturbing your neighbours why that thing is evil! smiley

Well all my life as a Muslim the only group that came pleading with me at my door are Jehovah's Witnesses! Matthew 10:11-13; Romans 10:13-15

Every Christian organization has a form of missionary service.
Some definitely are more successful than others.
If we take winners Chapel for example.
They have been able to grow their organization into the millions in just a few decades.
Clearly they areally ahead of JW in getting their message to the world.
I am not trying to compare. I only wanted to show you that everyone is reaching out no only
JW.
Only that some methods are more effective.
Philippians 1. 14
Now most of the brothers in the Lord have gained confidence because of my prison bonds, and they are showing all the more courage to speak the word of God fearlessly.
15 True, some are preaching the Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter are proclaiming the Christ out of love, for they know that I have been appointed to defend the good news;+ 17 but the former do it out of contentiousness, not with a pure motive, for they are intending to create trouble for me in my prison bonds. 18 With what result? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being proclaimed, and I rejoice over this. In fact, I will also keep on rejoicing.

I rejoice at the good work your organization performs.
I have many times given financial support for your publications. I believe you are sharing light to the world. But obviously not the fullness thereof.
JW is unique in it's ways.
Your teachings are different from many other organizations.
Maybe one day we would discuss this uniqueNess better.
Still the one thing I think that sets JW apart is their stand against war.
The idea may not be totally original, but I give it to you guys. It's a hard one.
You guys are also against blood transfusion. Basically these are the 2 most distinctive characteristics that set JW apart.
If I missed anyone forgive me I am not a member.
And for the missionary work aspect, I thing some other organizations beat you to it in the effectiveness.
Take the seven day adventist, you don't see them knock from door to door yet they are 20 million members worldwide.
They obviously have a more effective way of reaching out.
To me it's not a competition
Everyone is doing his part with the little truth he has. You do not have a monopoly of the gospel truths. You don't have all the gospel truths.
There are some many great things God is yet to reveal, so much he is revealing today.
As we all continue to hunger after his words, he would lead us to where he wants us to be.
All men are children of God. Our father has a plan to save everyone of his children. Salvation is not limited to a few millions. It is far reaching.
The sacrifice of Jesus Christ has the power to save every human being that has ever lived in this world.
One day the truth would be made know to all, and at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:12am On Jan 18, 2021
God has never and will never use two Organization that's contradicting themselves!
It's just one group. God's word called Noah the preacher of righteousness {2Peter 2:5} this indicates that when Noah was preaching what God wants people to do, Satan also sent out his own agents to preach but there preaching was falsehood!
And regarding the number of people that will be saved Noah only managed to gather just seven persons to enter the Ark with him!
Moreover you're comparing groups of people whose teachings have no effect on WARS, WEAPONS OF WAR and RECRUITMENT of killers! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Micah 4:1-3

I have delivered the message to you my friend, it's left to you and your conscience.

Farewell! smiley

Tcwork:

Every Christian organization has a form of missionary service.
Some definitely are more successful than others.
If we take winners Chapel for example.
They have been able to grow their organization into the millions in just a few decades.
Clearly they areally ahead of JW in getting their message to the world.
I am not trying to compare. I only wanted to show you that everyone is reaching out no only
JW.
Only that some methods are more effective.
Philippians 1. 14
Now most of the brothers in the Lord have gained confidence because of my prison bonds, and they are showing all the more courage to speak the word of God fearlessly.
15 True, some are preaching the Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter are proclaiming the Christ out of love, for they know that I have been appointed to defend the good news;+ 17 but the former do it out of contentiousness, not with a pure motive, for they are intending to create trouble for me in my prison bonds. 18 With what result? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being proclaimed, and I rejoice over this. In fact, I will also keep on rejoicing.

I rejoice at the good work your organization performs.
I have many times given financial support for your publications. I believe you are sharing light to the world. But obviously not the fullness thereof.
JW is unique in it's ways.
Your teachings are different from many other organizations.
Maybe one day we would discuss this uniqueNess better.
Still the one thing I think that sets JW apart is their stand against war.
The idea may not be totally original, but I give it to you guys. It's a hard one.
You guys are also against blood transfusion. Basically these are the 2 most distinctive characteristics that set JW apart.
If I missed anyone forgive me I am not a member.
And for the missionary work aspect, I thing some other organizations beat you to it in the effectiveness.
Take the seven day adventist, you don't see them knock from door to door yet they are 20 million members worldwide.
They obviously have a more effective way of reaching out.
To me it's not a competition
Everyone is doing his part with the little truth he has. You do not have a monopoly of the gospel truths. You don't have all the gospel truths.
There are some many great things God is yet to reveal, so much he is revealing today.
As we all continue to hunger after his words, he would lead us to where he wants us to be.
All men are children of God. Our father has a plan to save everyone of his children. Salvation is not limited to a few millions. It is far reaching.
The sacrifice of Jesus Christ has the power to save every human being that has ever lived in this world.
One day the truth would be made know to all, and at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
God has never and will never use two Organization that's contradicting themselves!
It's just one group. God's word called Noah the preacher of righteousness {2Peter 2:5} this indicates that when Noah was preaching what God wants people to do, Satan also sent out his own agents to preach but there preaching was falsehood!
And regarding the number of people that will be saved Noah only managed to gather just seven persons to enter the Ark with him!
Moreover you're comparing groups of people whose teachings have no effect on WARS, WEAPONS OF WAR and RECRUITMENT of killers! Isaiah 2:2-4 compare to Micah 4:1-3

I have delivered the message to you my friend, it's left to you and your conscience.

Farewell! smiley

Thanks brother, but like I stated you guys are unique in that you are opposed to war.
And the great day promised in Isaiah and Micah is not yet at hand.
I remain grateful to the great nations who fought and defeated Adolf Hitler.
I support the nigerian army fighting terror in the north east.
So, I may not be totally blown away by an organization opposed to defending it's nation.
But then that is a topic for another day.
Again you make brilliant contributions. Thanks
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Maamin(m): 5:56am On Jan 20, 2021
Janosky:

Bros Maamin, well done..
I have ended my convo with Bros Tc...
His claim is more valid to him than the holy scriptures..

I can see that as well

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Janosky: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
Maamin:

I can see that as well
Good evening, Bros Maamin.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 7:43am On Jan 23, 2021
Maamin:

I can see that as well
Maamin and Janosky the great tack team. Obviously, both of you share the same believe and probably have the same religious leaders.
But if you would be honest with yourselves, I was the one on the scriptures side while you both depended more on logic and basically promoted your church's position.
At a time you guys started questioning the purity of Christ's sacrifice just to prove that he isn't the Savior.
I have 10s of questions you couldn't answer all bible based.
Your best question was why Jesus allowed Judas to betray him. That was your proudest moment. You felt you were able to put Jesus Christ in a tight angle.
If he allowed Judas to betray him, then he can't be Jehovah.
But that isn't how it works.
He is Jehovah. He bore the name before his mortal life.
Everything Jehovah promised to do in the old testament was fulfilled by Jesus.
Moses, Isaiah and other prophets saw him face to face.
Every prophet since the time of Adam testified of him.
Revelations 19.10
At that I fell down before his feet to worship him. But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that!+ I am only a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing concerning Jesus.+ Worship God!+ For the witness concerning Jesus is what inspires prophecy.”+
We learn a few from this verse
1. All the prophets of old witnessed Christ/Jehovah. The witness of Christ is the spirit of prophecy.
2. We too are called to witness for Christ/Jehovah.
No man can come to the father, no man can know the father without Jesus Christ.
We follow Jesus Christ /Jehovah only and he would lead us to the father.
This is the message of the old testament and of the new testament.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.
I pray we all continue to learn and grow until we come to the fullness of his knowledge. Until we all like Job see him again.
Job 19.25
For I well know that my redeemer*+ is alive;
He will come later and rise up over the earth.
Job testimony of Jesus Christ is same as mine.
He is my redeemer and saviour.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Maamin(m): 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2021
Janosky:

Good evening, Bros Maamin.
Shalom

I'm doing great brother.

Shalom Aliekhem

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

What Is Sin? / Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? / Thinking Out Loud!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.