Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,261 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? (44704 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / Ab Isong: Our Parents' Beds Lasted Longer Because They Were Missionaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Ryan03(f): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2021
SchoolPedia:

A healthy marriage will surely last just as a lasting marriage indicates a healthy marriage.

Now, we want to know why marriages these days don't last.
I disagree. A lasting marriage does not indicate a healthy marriage. One partner might just be dying in silence
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by WeRblessed(f): 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2021
Social media.

Some ladies try to compare their husbands wallets with that of others on Instagram and Facebook.

Because of social media they try to keep up with the Joneses, but by the time they realized that what they saw on social media or what their neighbor said is a mirage, their marriages have already gone beyond repair
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by greatefa1011(m): 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
Reason is because many are what I called "inside out"
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Etinosa1234: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2021
bukatyne:

@Bold:

Not true.

Some men want to continue enjoying the privilege to misbehave because they are the 'head'/provider.

Any society that is 'succeeding' because of the oppression of a gender would not last long.

First of all, what's ur definition of long?
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Etinosa1234: 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
Pochettino:
Because your mothers could take severe beatings in silence.

This is very wrong... In the past, the average African man has more than one wife.. some 3,4 depending on how they can take care of them... So there is less probability of them beating up one woman when they have other women to satisfy them...

I don't know about other tribes but my late step grandma(my grandfather 2nd wife) told me that a man in Benin can't beat his wife because he'll be severely punished... The wife's family will collect their daughter from them and it comes with sanctions.. now imagine that kind of rules, how do u expect the man to perform Taekwondo on the woman...

Domestic violence was uncommon in the past... Only weak men do so and are likely to be ostracised from society

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
Etinosa1234:

This is very wrong... In the past, the average African man has more than one wife.. some 3,4 depending on how they can take care of them... So there is less probability of them beating up one woman when they have other women to satisfy them...

I don't know about other tribes but my late step grandma(my grandfather 2nd wife) told me that a man in Benin can't beat his wife because he'll be severely punished... The wife's family will collect their daughter from them and it comes with sanctions.. now imagine that kind of rules, how do u expect the man to perform Taekwondo on the woman...

Domestic violence was uncommon in the past... Only weak men do so and are likely to be ostracised from society

True that. Strong men know how to rule with a word. Only weak men resort to violence; whether it's on their wives, children or even students.

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Rayshon44: 10:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Marriages are not lasting because many don't recognise the devil strategies to destroy the home. The long hours at work, the gadgets , the new satanic mentalities on marraige i.e women refusing to submit and men having extramarital affairs. All these are subtle but the devil key strategy on killing marriages. The couple must take conscious effort to make sure it works by all means Evry single day kiss
I see no reason why we need to blame the devil all the time. No one even knows whether he truly exists just because his name was written down in some book doesn’t validate his existence. the problem with nowadays broken home is vast ranging from indiscipline, little knowledge about the institution, doing it only to impress the public, peer pressure, unidentification of individual roles and so on....
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Gamesmart: 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
SchoolPedia:

A healthy marriage will surely last just as a lasting marriage indicates a healthy marriage.

Now, we want to know why marriages these days don't last.

So a marriage where the husband beats the wife and has multiple children outside but she refuses to leave is a "healthy marriage"?
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by lereinter(m): 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2021
Funny submission
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Rayshon44: 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
Righteousness2:
Whether our Fore Fathers or Great Grand parents or Grand Parents or our parents or ourselves! Any Marriage that is void of the standard set by Institutor of Marriage ( GOD ALMIGHTY), will Collaspe.

What is the Standard?

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

Humans can change
Times and Seasons can Change
The World can change
The Word of GOD cannot Change. What it is written is written.
It's our choice to follow or not! Our choices have their corresponding results
baba, forget, if there’s no discipline all na wash, be it the word of God change or not. If it doesn’t change and we are to follows it accordingly, does it now mean we should stone our wife to death because she’s not a virgin. Deu 22:21
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
Because men are now women and women are now men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Image123(m): 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2021
They have widely and wildly deviated from the biblical blueprints.
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by perrol(m): 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2021
Let me add this.. This issue of gender equality, people have brought in marriage.
You do this, I do this
You say this I say my own.
The place of Head and Help meet as been discarded. God help us
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by EndRape2(f): 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
Senseless comment, it shows women have used and break your heart, so you have turn to a misogynist.

Mtcheew.

uote author=lilmax post=97922207]Men didn't change

Women changed.....most of the ones unmarried at the moment are rotten

They are not intelligent, innovative

They just want to party, hookup, hoe till the find a SIMP that is moved by tears, then hold him down for marriage because he has low self-esteem

According to studies, the simp eyes tends to open in the 7th year of marriage, we can say dna can cause his eyes to open, or he's no longer moved by her body

[/quote]
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by EndRape2(f): 11:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
If God bless you, one person can not make marriage work.

rriage no work...na the fault of both parties.

No gender is perfect in any aspect.....marriage is all about compatibility which our forefathers had that the current generation lacks[/quote]
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by SchoolPedia: 11:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
NoToPile:

Yeah but There are lots of unhealthy marriages that last.

Just saying

Hmm
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by SchoolPedia: 11:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
jericco1:
It is simple
SUBMISSION!
Women have been brainwashed

To believe they are equal with their husbands in everything, right?

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
People don’t want to suffer. There are many many options in the market now. I still believe in marriage and commitment to one partner and I am loving it with all the grace one can pray for. Marry your friend so you build together. Leave olosho men and women alone.
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by SchoolPedia: 11:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
Legitz:
Wife are no longer submissive and husband are tired of financing the home

Another citation on submission.

Thanks
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by SchoolPedia: 11:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Things have changed! Not everyone can swallow bullshit.
Ehen

Na so? So, bullshit dey for marriage?
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by SchoolPedia: 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2021
wizygreat2000:
My is going to last by God grace � mean why here in Deutschland

A big Amen.

It's yours according to your faith. Your Home is blessed.
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by SchoolPedia: 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2021
baggioni:
smiley
The Preaching of Non-existent Gender Equality

Thanks... those brain washed teachings, right?

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Greeland(m): 12:13am On Jan 13, 2021
The simple answer is the level SIN in the society. The sting of sin is death and death doesn't mean when we stop breathing, Death has to do with every bad things happening in the society ranging from sickness to accident and break down of marriages. And the only solution is life and Christ is the Way the Truth and Life. At the absence of life lies death.
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Chris2863(m): 1:39am On Jan 13, 2021
debbydams:
in addition, social media.
When he or she said gadgets, what comes to your mind?
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 2:07am On Jan 13, 2021
Also one main reasons that people tend to overlook is that homo sapiens i.e Humans are biologically made to be polygamy especially the Man.

This is a trait shared by our distantly related cousins such as the great apes where a whole group is made up of several females and a male.
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by banmee(m): 3:34am On Jan 13, 2021
You have to consider that marriages back in the day were basically slavery for the woman. They had no choice. In Africa, women mostly do not have a choice. Especially the uneducated ones.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by egoldman(m): 5:51am On Jan 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
Whether our Fore Fathers or Great Grand parents or Grand Parents or our parents or ourselves! Any Marriage that is void of the standard set by Institutor of Marriage ( GOD ALMIGHTY), will Collaspe.

What is the Standard?

What about those marriages before the coming of Christianity?

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

Humans can change
Times and Seasons can Change
The World can change
The Word of GOD cannot Change. What it is written is written.
It's our choice to follow or not! Our choices have their corresponding results
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Blitzerz: 6:08am On Jan 13, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

But do you think its just the devil to blame?
She didn't blame only the devil
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Blitzerz: 6:11am On Jan 13, 2021
banmee:
You have to consider that marriages back in the day were basically slavery for the woman. They had no choice. In Africa, women mostly do not have a choice. Especially the uneducated ones.
What are u trying to say?
That freedom for woman equates more bad marriages or what?

Or that the olden days women who raised better children were working from slavery marriages?

I disagree
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by Regex: 6:57am On Jan 13, 2021
Pochettino:
Because your mothers could take severe beatings in silence.

That your mother takes it because she's into BDSM doesn't mean other people's mothers takes beating too.

Although nothing wrong in her liking it. It's a form of sex. Hardcore sex.
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by thunderbabs: 7:31am On Jan 13, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

But do you think its just the devil to blame?

It's part of the spiritual warfare
Re: Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? by kingbee90: 7:44am On Jan 13, 2021
gypsey:
Because people in today's marriages are selfish, impatience, rude, obnoxious, golddigging, anoying, greedy and overweight.

Who da hell wanna get married nowadays anyway? I have had sex with atleast 160 women already.. from prostitutes, married women and single women, fat, short, tall, beautiful, ugly you name it. cheesy most of them i cannot even remember their names or faces.

Bros the married women you slept with, did you toast them or they toasted you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

This Nigerian Lady Is So Proud Of Her White Hubby (see Pics) / Lady Burnt To Death Beyond Recognition In Her House After Church (Graphic Pics) / I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.