Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! (35686 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV) On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by hammers(m): 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2007
:oReally shocked, but on the other side this is a reality show, its just unfortunate it happened that way, this could happen to anyone.The challenge involves a lot of adventures and physical activities which poses a hell of risk on contestants. So such should be expected, this is reality 4real.What if the contestant had died of asthma?,
  However organizers have 2 learn 4rm this mistake and put all necessary security and safety facilities in place  in case of other future occourences. MAy his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ollykay(m): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2007
The misery has not been unraveil.wil d organiser tell me there is no provision for emergency case like dis or ther is no safety officer to recue him while he was drowning pehaps they an't proffessional enough to do it.
see en we are talking about life,i mean someones future husband.

We should all learn to realise dat wat no man sees,God is there to judge.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by kamuzu(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2007
This is a lesson for NBL and us all in general. , SAFETY FIRST THEY SAY, but the nigerian factor is deeply entrenched in our organisational patterns and ways in general.

On second thought, how could someone drown? in a reality show with cameramen and backstage crew all there. I suggest the matter be investigated deeply.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by iyken(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2007
Adieu Mudiaga, Adieu!

Shame NB, Shame NB leadership

Lessons to be learned.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2007
Well dts wat happens when magoo magoo is involved in screening.

It baffles me.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by katherinae(f): 4:44pm On Aug 06, 2007
its things like this that piss me off. nigerians always want to copy stuff but when they do they cant even do it properly. Bull Bull bUll, they copy everything from clothes to music to tv shows, yet they cant use common sense to provide a back up plan for their contestants. what BS is this. im just sick of it, i dont even bother to watch these stupid shows because they are okrika made.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by kaygeegee(f): 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2007
Hey, is there somebody, online to chat?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ryu11(m): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2007
this will drastically  reduce the number of participants next time

\

You must be joking. You don't know Nigerians. They will risk it. With the level of unemployment and hardship in the country thats what one gets.

On my part, It is apparent that the show is poorly organized. NB ought to have had life guards and a medical team on ground in case of such emergencies.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by webemerald(m): 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2007
Im speechless and i hope they dont plan to go on with the show.I fear for the other contestants.Where was the security.

REST IN PEACE BRO.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2007
Its unfortunate, this is how wastefull Nigeria and Nigerians are. If the late guy was gainfully employed, the chances of embarking on this risky and deadly adventure would be remote. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by iyes(m): 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2007
WHY DO YOU GUYS CASTIGATE NBL FOR THIS SHOW. INTRINSICALLY, IT WAS CLEAR TO EVERYONE ENTERING IT THAT THERE WAS A RISK, JUST AS THERE IS A RISK IN EVERY HUMAN ENDEAVOUR THAT YIELDS PROFIT/INCOME (WHATEVER THE NAME)

MORESO, IT WAS TAGGED FOR "THE STRONG", "THE ULTIMATE MAN OR WOMAN" ETC. NOW, HOW'RE THE ORGANIZERS GUILTY IF SOMEONE BUCKLES ALONG THE WAY? TO ME, IT MAKES THE SHOW EVEN MORE CREDIBLE, AS REALLY TOUGH! NO PLAY-ACTING, NO FILM-TRICKS, JUST PLAIN. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET.

JUST BECAUSE OF A CASUALTY, SOME PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR IT TO BE SCRAPPED?!!!! KAI, WHEN ARE WE (NIGERIANS) GOING TO LIVE UP TO FACE REAL CHALLENGE AND REALITY OF LIFE WE JUST GIVE UP ANYTHING SO EASILY!!!!!!!!!! AND EACH TIME WE FACE A CHALLENGE/PROBLEM, OR THE UNEXPECTED, WE RETREAT, RESIGN TO OUR FATE (MANY, TO THEIR FAITHS) BELIEVEING THAT BY TAKING THE LEAST LINE OF RESISTANCE, THINGS WILL GET BETTER.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE CANNOT FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS, BECAUSE, THE MOMENT A POLICEMAN SHOOTS ONE PERSON, , THAT'S IT! , C'EST FINI.

HAVE YOU EVER PONDERED ON HOW MANY WHITE MEN DIED IN OUR LAND IN EXPLORATION & DURING COLONIAL ERA? DID YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED WHEN THEY WERE BUILDING THE RAILROADS IN 1896? DID YOU ASK HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED WHEN THEY WERE BUILDING KAINJI & JEBBA DAMS? HABA, COME OFF IT GUYS, & FOR ONCE, BE BOLD. PERHAPS YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW HOW MANY YOUTH CORPERS DIE YEARLY DURING NATIONAL SERVICE, SHOULD THEY (OR RATHER, WHY HAVEN'T) THEY STOPPED NYSC PROGRAMME?

THAT SHOW HAS TO CONTINUE, AND IN FACT BE SOLD TO THE ENTIRE WOLD AS THE REAL "REALITY" SHOW FROM AFRICA, BECAUSE THE C.V. SPEAKS FOR IT (NAMELY; IT IS REALLY DANGEROUS, AND SOMEONE HAS LOST HIS LIFE IN IT ALREADY)

IT PROVES THAT TRUELY, IT'S A SHOW OF SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST! (NOT JUST BUILDING UP OF MUSCLES, AS THAT HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH STRENGTH, MOST ESPECIALLY MENTAL , PSYCHOLOGICAL OR/AND INNER STRENGTH)

ULTIMATE SEARCH 5 (2008) INTENDING CANDIDATES, BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (DON'T DARE IT IF YOU CAN'T COPE)
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by seun001(m): 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2007
@iyes
so why didnt you enter for the show ehn!!!
so because its supposed to be daring,somebody is supposed to get killed.i wonder how you will feel if its your broda or somebody close to u that this happened to.haba na wa ooo for ur thinking.

even if its dangerous how many people have died abroad while doing even more dangerous thing ehn.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2007
iyes:

WHY DO YOU GUYS CASTIGATE NBL FOR THIS SHOW. INTRINSICALLY, IT WAS CLEAR TO EVERYONE ENTERING IT THAT THERE WAS A RISK, JUST AS THERE IS A RISK IN EVERY HUMAN ENDEAVOUR THAT YIELDS PROFIT/INCOME (WHATEVER THE NAME)

MORESO, IT WAS TAGGED FOR "THE STRONG", "THE ULTIMATE MAN OR WOMAN" ETC. NOW, HOW'RE THE ORGANIZERS GUILTY IF SOMEONE BUCKLES ALONG THE WAY? TO ME, IT MAKES THE SHOW EVEN MORE CREDIBLE, AS REALLY TOUGH! NO PLAY-ACTING, NO FILM-TRICKS, JUST PLAIN. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET.

JUST BECAUSE OF A CASUALTY, SOME PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR IT TO BE SCRAPPED?!!!! KAI, WHEN ARE WE (NIGERIANS) GOING TO LIVE UP TO FACE REAL CHALLENGE AND REALITY OF LIFE WE JUST GIVE UP ANYTHING SO EASILY!!!!!!!!!! AND EACH TIME WE FACE A CHALLENGE/PROBLEM, OR THE UNEXPECTED, WE RETREAT, RESIGN TO OUR FATE (MANY, TO THEIR FAITHS) BELIEVEING THAT BY TAKING THE LEAST LINE OF RESISTANCE, THINGS WILL GET BETTER.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE CANNOT FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS, BECAUSE, THE MOMENT A POLICEMAN SHOOTS ONE PERSON, ,  THAT'S IT! , C'EST FINI.

HAVE YOU EVER PONDERED ON HOW MANY WHITE MEN DIED IN OUR LAND IN EXPLORATION & DURING COLONIAL ERA? DID YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED WHEN THEY WERE BUILDING THE RAILROADS IN 1896? DID YOU ASK HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED WHEN THEY WERE BUILDING KAINJI & JEBBA DAMS? HABA, COME OFF IT GUYS, & FOR ONCE, BE BOLD. PERHAPS YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW HOW MANY YOUTH CORPERS DIE YEARLY DURING NATIONAL SERVICE, SHOULD THEY (OR RATHER, WHY HAVEN'T) THEY STOPPED NYSC PROGRAMME?

THAT SHOW HAS TO CONTINUE, AND IN FACT BE SOLD TO THE ENTIRE WOLD AS THE REAL "REALITY" SHOW FROM AFRICA, BECAUSE THE C.V. SPEAKS FOR IT (NAMELY; IT IS REALLY DANGEROUS, AND SOMEONE HAS LOST HIS LIFE IN IT ALREADY)

IT PROVES THAT TRUELY, IT'S A SHOW OF SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST! (NOT JUST BUILDING UP OF MUSCLES, AS THAT HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH STRENGTH, MOST ESPECIALLY MENTAL , PSYCHOLOGICAL  OR/AND INNER STRENGTH)

ULTIMATE SEARCH 5 (2008) INTENDING CANDIDATES, BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (DON'T DARE IT IF YOU CAN'T COPE)

very true. all the contestants entered voluntarily.his death is a shame, but he should have been aware of the risks. you must always consider the risks in any endeavor you embark on. It seems most of the posters have not been doing that. the contestants  probably signed waivers , in any case. and they'd probably have looked at it from a typically nigerian perspective 'not my portion!'

also, a hefty build in no way means a guy is physically fit! i should know, i carried enough weights back in school.i didn't do much by way of aerobics , which are the real test of fitness. for all you know, the dude was muscle bound.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by kenflipper(m): 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2007
Guys and Girls, i hope you all learn from what has happened to this guy, he was gym fit! and university graduate, i wondered what experience he got from school, common sense should have told he to say no he couldnt swin!!! this life no be power it takes the grace of GOD, no be because 2pac take five gun shuts and survive one Nija man go say him too be Nigga. Nija is not America, in Africa u need you brains and the grace of GOD to take u through. Be yourself and dont try to be someone else. Yes i would blame NB for not providing life guard if they didnt have one. But u all must not forget the guy's slogan "Unstopable" so i m sure they werent lookin' after him cos' they knew or thought he was capable. All thesame we lost A REAL MAN, young and Youthful, i feel for the parents who suffered to see him through university, Mama and Papa take heart GOD Dey
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by iyes(m): 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2007
@seun001

IF HE WAS MY RELATIVE, I'D HAVE SAID THE SAME THING, 'CAUSE I'D HAVE WARNED HIM OF THE INHERENT RISK, AND IF HE WENT AHEAD AND DIED, SO BE IT. MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE IS NOT LIVING OR NOT DIEING, IT'S NOT HOW LONG YOU LIVE OR HOW SHORT, IT'S HOW WELL YOU DO.

TWO THINGS ARE PARAMOUNT:

1. WHAT'S YOUR POSITION WITH GOD?

2. HOW WOULD PEOPLE RECEIVE YOUR LOSS? (HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL MISS YOU SORELY, IS A POINTER TO HOW WELL YOU LIVED) WILL PEOPLE CELEBRATE/JUBILATE THAT YOU'RE GONE, OR THEY'LL HOLD ANNUAL MEMORIAL FOR YOU?

PERHAPS, THE GUY IS ENJOYING IN THE BOSSOM OF THE LORD RIGHT NOW, AND IS SORRY FOR MANY WHO ARE WEEPING FOR HIM?!!!

WHENEVER SOMEONE DIES, THE GOOD BOOK HAS ADMONISHED US NOT TO OVERDO MOURNING, BECAUSE THE "DEAD ARE SIMPLY MOURNING THE DEAD"

IN A FEW YEARS' TIME (SAY 100 YEAR, MAX) WE SHALL ALL LEAVE THIS REALM AND BE HISTORY!!! NO MATTER HOW LONG ANYONE LIVES, LIVE IS LIKE A VAPOUR - SHORT.

THINK ABOUT THAT!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by denex: 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
The show should not be suspended for any reason. It's a reality show as they said and death is a reality. So let the reality show carry on.

I've said it on this thread before that muscle does not float.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by odada(m): 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2007
Darn mate! cry cry one moment of silence to the departed!and to think i was just gonna start getting analysis on the contestants-the way i'd torn the BB housemates apart.
pity now i dont have any more comparism to make 
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by holythug(m): 10:44pm On Aug 06, 2007
who send am come, frm him we come unto him we return grin
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by holythug(m): 10:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
Adieu cousins
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by celemel(m): 11:00pm On Aug 06, 2007
Death is reality. Thats it. A reality show brought a real incident.Chikena! Let the show go on. I watched BBA and I had to close and open my eyes several times to convince myself, i was still in Africa. We are the masters of copy copy. What we sow, we reap. The moral fibre of our society has decayed horribly yet, people (so-called producers) think they can make easy money of the moral crises. Whats do we get in return? Disasters, just like this. On BBA, that senile and completely corrupt Loreta (I hope I get the name right) was busy, showing off the nipples of her breasts yesterday and, MNET was very happy, sending those offensive pictures into our TV screens. You may ask, for what purpose? The answer is simple! To lead our teeming young population into believing that the 'nuder' you are, the more successful you get. I wish that God, who avenges a sick generation will send down more of His fire and rage to consume all persons, connected to the evil schemes called reality TV. This is just the beginning!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by dafman(m): 3:48am On Aug 07, 2007
This is unbelievable, you mean a show of this nature does not have safety nets incase of eventualities. There's supposed to be a lifeguard around, this is really bad.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by kellorah: 3:51am On Aug 07, 2007
Sorry i haven't read it properly but did he happen to die ON the show? shocked
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by dafman(m): 4:05am On Aug 07, 2007
yeah, it appears the contestant where supposed to swim across a river and somehow the guy drowned.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 4:19am On Aug 07, 2007
oyb:

very true. all the contestants entered voluntarily.his death is a shame, but he should have been aware of the risks. you must always consider the risks in any endeavor you embark on. It seems most of the posters have not been doing that. the contestants probably signed waivers , in any case. and they'd probably have looked at it from a typically nigerian perspective 'not my portion!'

also, a hefty build in no way means a guy is physically fit! i should know, i carried enough weights back in school.i didn't do much by way of aerobics , which are the real test of fitness. for all you know, the dude was muscle bound.

waivers mean diddly swat when a man is dead.
A TV show involving swimming has an obligation to provide trained and able divers and lifeguards who are current in rescue and resuscitation.
That's the least they could do.

It's sad to imagine that a Camera crew filming saw this poor man drown.
That is a big shame.
follow follow will kill us and it has here.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 5:10am On Aug 07, 2007
Sad indeed.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by nguage(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2007
This is not funny at all, it tells a lot about how organised things are. Is Nigerian TV that bad?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by seun001(m): 7:42am On Aug 07, 2007
this aint about doing something risky,its about adequate emergency procedures.like somebody said,abroad a human life is worth 500 lives.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by julisure: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2007
hello people, according to the experience a very close friend of mine had at the 1st , 2nd& 3rd stages of the ultimate search screening, people's life was not put into consideration. he told me men and women alike fainted, and nothing was done abt it. no first aid was available, no parmedics. well u may say am talking as if am from another planet, but one question stands; where is the love?, how come human life means no jack to us? the guy went to try his luck, he should not be blamed any strong, adventurous man  would do so  even without the hard times we face in this country .he might have over looked some clauses but what of the organisers? was safety a measure for  them? am happy my friend was not the one, but it could be anyone.
rest in peace anthony!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by denex: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2007
Shebi I've worked on Productions of this nature for 2 years now. These people want to use less than the barest minimum to produce such a big income project.

Abeg let the show carry on. They promised us a reality show, we came to see a reality show and that's what we'll get.

They sacked that daft Chidi Mokeme guy just because for the first time in his life he used his brain and told them that everybody on the set needed better welfare and security.

They sacked one of my senior directors in Calabar because he decided to put the names of some behind-the-scenes crew and staff in the end credits. Well, abeg let them continue with our show. Reality abi? They've not seen anything yet!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by edeone(m): 8:16am On Aug 07, 2007
the organizers of the show shud be questioned how the he pass if he cud not swim,there are suppose to be measures to watch against such tins,well its so sad,i feel for the family,but the organizers of the show shud be held responsible for this,as it show that there was no propare planing as such shud have been expected.

its a big set back for dem
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by iyes(m): 8:57am On Aug 07, 2007
PEOPLE, WHY DO WE LOOK FOR ALIBIS, LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME. NOW IT'S THE ORGANIZERS!

WHAT HAPPENED TO SIMPLE HONESTY? WHEN THE GUY COULD NOT SWIM, WHY DID HE NOT SAY SO? WHEN HE ATTEMPTED SWIMMING, AND WAS HAVING PROBLEMS, WHAT IS WRONG IN SHOUTING FOR HELP? AN ALARM RAISED ON TIME WOULD HAVE SAVED HIM.

IN LIFE ONE SHOULD BE TRUTHFUL TO ONESELF (EVEN IF YOU DECEIVE THE WHOLE WORLD) ONE OF THE IMPORTANT RULES IN LIFE IS; BE YOURSELF. THIS PRESUPPOSES THAT WE SHOULD BE REAL, AND NEVER TRY TO BE SOMEONE ELSE (DON'T COPY OTHERS)

I'M VERY SORRY FOR THE GUY, BUT HE ALSO SEEMED TO HAVE BEEN DECEIVING OTHER & IN THE PROCESS DECEIVED HIMSELF!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by rowlandwhy: 9:02am On Aug 07, 2007
All i know is that something must be wrong somewhere because iif he is not fit to swim or if he can not swim he wouldnt have passed to this stage.
Something must be responsible for this .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

Any Other Movie Site For Series Apart From Fztvseries / BBNaija: How Ike Reacted After Mercy Hugged Joe / BBNaija: Tunde Ednut Blasts Tacha For Failing To Define "Characteristics"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.