Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government (58366 Views)

Lekki Massacre: All You Care About Is Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu Slams Lagos Assembly / DJ Switch To Canadian Parliament: How Soldiers Shot At Us At Lekki Toll Gate / Gbolahan Macjob: DJ Switch Should Be Prosecuted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by unitysheart(m): 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
Beremx:
Don’t tell me people follow one-way on Third Mainland Bridge. Really?

They do
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by SmartPolician: 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
Bouz:
Don't Lagos Government officials follow one way?, police, army, navy follow one way both danfo's and these lastma officers look away.

Whataboutism doesn't take any people far.

I remember that a general's car was once impounded in the time of Fashola for plying a BRT lane. The absence of Fashola should not change the law.

I strongly believe that there should be some exceptions though, especially when it has to do with uniformed people in transit to tackle a robbery operation or something of that nature or ambulances trying to save a situation.

Everyone else should obey the law or forfeit their cars. As someone rightly pointed out, those cars should be destroyed after the owners have been heavily fined. Selling the car allows them to buy them again.

We are completely losing it as a people.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Unemadu: 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
plaindealer:
This is what I don't get about the so called Nigerian youths and the lost, destructive, lawless and misguided Sorosoke loudmouths, they lied and spread dangerous fake news and propaganda that destroyed Lagos state, destroyed jobs, destroyed businesses and decimated the IGR base while demanding a better country when in fact they are the most destructive and lawless people in Nigeria.

Now we have lawless mentality youths and hypocrites rioting and demanding a better country, but simple laws and reflections of a better, sane and orderly society they can not obey, abide by or even support.

People don't drive against traffic in sane and orderly societies not only because they know that it's very dangerous and deadly, but also against the law and it comes with serious repercussions.

The punishment should fit the crime. This is too extreme confiscating people’s cars because of one way driving. You may say that one way driving may lead to fatal accident. Well a simple scuffle/fight may also lead to death. So tell me, what should be the punishment for a fist fight? Do you know how many times i have driven one way on a street without any sign to indicate such.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by abir: 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2021
make she face her music jor.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by princemartinsG(m): 9:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
For a corrupt nation wishing to sanitize itself, no amount of punishment is too big to deter criminal offenders

In saner climes the punishment for riding against the traffick is more serious than auctioning off one way offenders cars

VOTE FOR A CRIME FREE SOCIETY

1 Like

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by RoRoo: 9:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
This is what I don't get about the so called Nigerian youths and the lost, destructive, lawless and misguided Sorosoke loudmouths, they lied and spread dangerous fake news and propaganda that destroyed Lagos state, destroyed jobs, destroyed businesses and decimated the IGR base while demanding a better country when in fact they are the most destructive and lawless people in Nigeria.
Now we have lawless mentality youths and hypocrites rioting and demanding a better country, but simple laws and reflections of a better, sane and orderly society they can not obey, abide by or even support.
People don't drive against traffic in sane and orderly societies not only because they know that it's very dangerous and deadly, but also against the law and it comes with serious repercussio
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by abysirius(m): 9:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
DJ Switch is mad! If u drive on one way and the only punishment u are served is to forfeit ur vehicle then u should consider urself lucky. They criminals that deserve no pity. People sometimes die as a result of their stupidity and carelessness.

Almost all our landlords at Cement (beside Mangoro) were killed by one way traffic offenders in
hit-and-run accidents... You can criticize the govt when they mess up but not when they are doing the right thing. You don't just open ur mouth to say rubbish out of hatred.

3 Likes

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
Cburke:

Iv seen footages of saner societies with similar scenes we witness here in Nigeria. Still doesn't justify the court order, as far as I'm concerned.
I am not sure which saner climates you mean, if anyone drives against traffic's rules over here, The authorities would be very glad to fine them.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
NON INDIGENOUS PEOPLE OF LAGOS STATE KNOW THAT OBASA AND THE REST ARE COMMON CRIMINALS WHO SEE POLITICS AS CASH AVENUE
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by osazsky(m): 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
Bouz:
Don't Lagos Government officials follow one way?, police, army, navy follow one way both danfo's and these lastma officers look away.
the fact that A did it and got away with it doesnt mean that B should do it and thinks he will also get away with it..i was watching discovery lD one day..A killed and raped someone and the judge gave A 24 years...on another episode B did the same crime and he faced the hangman..america judges enn at times them dey smoke weed and need psychiatric evaluation the thing shock me
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
abysirius:
DJ Switch is mad! If u drive on one way and the only punishment u are served is to forfeit ur vehicle then u should consider urself lucky. They criminals that deserve no pity. People sometimes die as a result of their stupidity and carelessness.

Almost all our landlords at Cement (beside Mangoro) were killed by one way traffic offenders in
hit-and-run accidents... You can criticize the govt when they mess up but not when they are doing the right thing. You don't just open ur mouth to say rubbish out of hatred.
Dangote trucks have being killing Nigerians whilst driving recklessly since the world began and no one! No one is ever held responsible.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by barragan: 9:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
If they start sending offenders to 3 years jail terms na still you go still come shout say inhumanity. I know in my heart that you, Udeh (or whatever your name is) don't want the progress of Lagos State like the rest of your co-travellers from online country of biafra, but you will all fail.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by plaindealer: 9:21pm On Jan 19, 2021
Cburke:

Iv seen footages of saner societies with similar scenes we witness here in Nigeria. Still doesn't justify the court order, as far as I'm concerned.

You should have included what happened to the offenders and their cars in the saner societies you are talking about.

Your opinion about justification is just your opinion and from the law's point of view, it's irrelevant because infractions against the laws have consequences.

Instead of lamenting over justification, you should be supporting the government and advising motorists to stop driving against traffic because it kills innocent people.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by knowhowk: 9:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Like Kanu Nnamdi and ojukwu like dj snitch. It runs from generation to generation
. Meaning she said nothing meaningful .I understand how brain of people who type like this works ....Upside down
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Mac2016(m): 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
tutudesz:

Nigerians are too stubborn, dey auctioned about 20 some weeks back undecided whether you jail, fine or auction their cars, they will still drive one way
You're right, my brother. The reason why people act like this is what many fail to think about. Nigerians understand the society perfectly and how it runs that's why they are recalcitrant. They know their is no government, it's a Banana Republic. You can go away with whatsoever. We have bad people in government as examples. Judiciary is subservient to Executive and Legislative. So nobody to look up to for justice that's why they take law into their own hands and await fate and stubbornness to be their only judge.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by maak400: 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
Beremx:
I can see that the thread is about Igbo/Yoruba feud and DJ Switch seems to be the bait. Sorry Sir, I don’t indulge in ethnic bigoted topics on nairaland. I have buttressed my point already.

Good bye
Beremx, you should know that a lot of politically sponsored divisive elements abound on nairaland, there aim is to always turn every thread into Igbo vs Yoruba eFight. They are agents of destabilization profiting from the disunity of the south, so it's better to always ignore them. Peace.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Omoslim26: 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
Beremx:
I can see that the thread is about Igbo/Yoruba feud and DJ Switch seems to be the bait. Sorry Sir, I don’t indulge in ethnic bigoted topics on nairaland. I have buttressed my point already.

Good bye

My giy dats wat nairaland has turned into ooo

on every thread you will see how some useless and hopeless idiots will be masturbating on yoruba vs igbo like people wey no get future and destiny

if you write anything against Yoruba news you automatically become Igbo

if you write anything against Igbo you automatically bcome yoruba

e remain make oga seun just change the name o this forum to yorubaigboland forum make we even know watin dey occur for here

you drop any news on Swimming pool and see if those useless bunch of hopeless idiots wey e no fit better for no go turn swimming pool matter to Yoruba vs Igbo

just leave dat one wey you mention make him carry him problems they go

na set awon yoruba vs igbo himself be

1 Like

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
Dangote trucks has being kllling Nigerians for many years. No one! No one! dares touch him or his trucks. nigerian laws are only made/used to oppress poor nigerians.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
GhostWisperer:
What she said is fact. Where in th world would a traffic offense equal losing your car?

failed dumb fool like you . Emotional mumu.

naptu2:
In "saner climes" like Australia, not only is the car impounded, but it is crushed.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/police-resume-car-crushing-in-a-bid-to-deter-dangerous-drivers-and-repeat-offenders/news-story/a11806dccd86ec5198bbfe14d7b8db09

This also happens in the United States.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna19339955

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T2YamA2h28

Auctioning the cars gives crazy people the chance to buy back their cars.

Also crime for driving against traffic is 3years jail term
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by cliffypatt(m): 9:26pm On Jan 19, 2021
GBAM!

Beremx:
leave the messenger and focus on the message.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by ChidiAlaigbo: 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2021
Beremx:
leave the messenger and focus on the message.

Shut up!
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by osazsky(m): 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2021
gypsey:
Dangote trucks has being kllling Nigerians for many years. No one! No one! dares touch him or his trucks. nigerian laws are only made/used to oppress poor nigerians.
did the truck drive one way...pls we are talking of one way..most big trucks experience break failure alot..that y when driving small cars u use wisdon when u see dangote coming
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Golan007: 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
[s]
tcharrisson:

oga.... Let me define lawlessness... Lawlessness is when 15 becomes greater than 18.. Lawlessness is when you steal mandate that was not given to you...
Lawlessness is when you hide covid 19 palliative
Lawlessness is when you grant terrorist amnesty and pay them 5X minimum wage while law abiding graduates are being paid 30k minimum wage..
Lawlessness is when you romance boko haram and reintegrate them into the society but send hoodlums in khaki to kill innocent protesters...
Lawlessness is when you told my father that the youths are leaders of tomorrow and today you are still there telling the same lie....
Should I continue to educate you or should I stop here?....
[/s]

Biased view.

I know you are from the east.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by plaindealer: 9:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
This unfortunate activist, a fake news peddler and a liar, really should be out there doing public service announcement about the dangers associated with lawlessness and driving against traffic.

This is what real activists do.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead / Buhari Visits His Cows In Katsina After Refusing To Visit Kankara - SR (Video) / Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.