Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government (58369 Views)

Lekki Massacre: All You Care About Is Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu Slams Lagos Assembly / DJ Switch To Canadian Parliament: How Soldiers Shot At Us At Lekki Toll Gate / Gbolahan Macjob: DJ Switch Should Be Prosecuted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by kunleham(m): 9:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
Beremx:
leave the messenger and focus on the message.
Which message? Are you trying to rationalize driving against traffic? Can anybody try that in a sane environment?

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Flyingngel(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
Beremx post:

so auctioning the car of the traffic offender is a good way of prosecuting someone who killed people? What happened to arresting the traffic offender and sending him to jail?

So he pay fine or go jail after few years or days he then come out while the people killed by driving one are lost forever bringing excruciating pains to the people he or she left behind? Can we try some of this nonsense in developed countries.
People that drives one way, are they not aware that it is against the law? or perhaps they don't have brain.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by guy222: 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
Even if you are a human right advocate, what is your business with selling of impounded vehicles. The question that is needed to ask is does lagos state government has such right to auction impounded vehicles? If yes than i can boldly say this girl is nothing but a cheap attention seeker. If she like make she continue to the find wetin no the find her, very soon she go see am. them no the tell blind man say rain don the fall.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by RealSleek(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
plaindealer:

When you drive against traffic, people die, sadly.

This lawless and thoughtless woman need to explain to families and victims of these dangerous and reckless drivers why they should not be punished and just receive a slap on the wrist instead.

I know u are trying to make a point..but you know that picture isn't from Nigeria..and what's wrong with jail term, heavy fines..if you fine someone 200k in this economy, I'm sure that person won't repeat the same offence twice..you are as crazy as your government

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by oyebanji(m): 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2021
If the law permits it yes its fine in addition to other possible punishments.
In the so called "abroad" what are the sanctions for such reckless behaviour that endangers human lives?

Anyone who comes out to condemn this is just being clever by half.

Beremx:
so auctioning the car of the traffic offender is a good way of prosecuting someone who killed people? What happened to arresting the traffic offender and sending him to jail?

1 Like

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Shokoloko(f): 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2021
TheStakeHolder:
Endsars don make this one turn activist overnight.

Failed DJ

Actually she wasn't a failed Dj. She was doing quite well. See post below. Even is she was worth only a tenth of $800,000 which is $80,000 (N36,000,000). That is not a small figure.

I await any superior argument or link showing how a DJ worth $80000 - $800000 can be termed as "failed"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by plaindealer: 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2021
[s]
tcharrisson:

oga.... Let me define lawlessness... Lawlessness is when 15 becomes greater than 18.. Lawlessness is when you steal mandate that was not given to you...
Lawlessness is when you hide covid 19 palliative
Lawlessness is when you grant terrorist amnesty and pay them 5X minimum wage while law abiding graduates are being paid 30k minimum wage..
Lawlessness is when you romance boko haram and reintegrate them into the society but send hoodlums in khaki to kill innocent protesters...
Lawlessness is when you told my father that the youths are leaders of tomorrow and today you are still there telling the same lie....
Should I continue to educate you or should I stop here?....
[/s]

Stay on topic and stop rambling about boko haram, if you feel like talking about terrorists and boko haram, go and start your own thread and have a blast.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by KunleyY19(m): 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2021
During FASHOLA's time who born anybody to talk... And law enforcement was stricter then
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by kunleham(m): 9:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
Unemadu:

The punishment should fit the crime. This is too extreme confiscating people’s cars because of one way driving. You may say that one way driving may lead to fatal accident. Well a simple scuffle/fight may also lead to death. So tell me, what should be the punishment for a fist fight? Do you know how many times i have driven one way on a street without any sign to indicate such.
The punishment is commensurate for God's sake! They should go back to their respective states to disregard government orders.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
osazsky:
did the truck drive one way...pls we are talking of one way..most big trucks experience break failure alot..that y when driving small cars u use wisdon when u see dangote coming
They do drive one way, I see them all the time. And what do you mean brake failure? Only in Nigeria i hear about brake failures on a vehicle. Brakes failures are also caused by human error, sometimes the drivers are drunk while driving.

Why is no one arresting Dangote or his drivers? Or seizing his trucks.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Flyingngel(m): 9:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
RealSleek post:

I know u are trying to make a point..but you know that picture isn't from Nigeria..and what's wrong with jail term, heavy fines..if you fine someone 200k in this economy, I'm sure that person won't repeat the same offence twice..you are as crazy as your government.

Is the person that decided to drive one way not aware before he/ she start driving that it is against traffic laws? Does he need tutelage to understand that? Why didn't he drive into a river and see if he will not die?
Can he try such in developed countries.
Why are we this lawless in this country.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by ChidiAlaigbo: 9:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

Actually she wasn't a failed Dj. She was doing quite well. See post below. Even is she was worth only a tenth of $800,000 which is $80,000( N36,000,000). That is not a small figure.

I await any superior argument or link showing how she is a DJ worth $80000 - $800000 can be termed as "failed"

Rubbish!
I am worth 100B dollars

1 Like

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Josh2fun: 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2021
plaindealer:

Our prison sef don full , make government sell their vehicle is better.
This is not about your own personal opinion, this is about obeying the law and and playing your part as a responsible member of the society.

Obey the law and they won't impound and auction your car, simple.

Btw, the penalty for driving against the traffic is 3 years in prison so which do you prefer? 3 years in prison or your car?
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Shokoloko(f): 9:37pm On Jan 19, 2021
ChidiAlaigbo:

Rubbish!
I am worth 100B dollars

When you say "rubbish", Let me have your source?

When you say you are "worth 100b dollars", let me have your source?

When a person begins to insult rather than present facts and verifiable links, its obvious who won the debate

I await the links, thank you

1 Like

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Brunicekid(m): 9:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
Beremx:
600 years of blessing for you... God bless you for this reply!!

1 Like

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by INCREDIBLE007(m): 9:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
plaindealer:
This is what I don't get about the so called Nigerian youths and the lost, destructive, lawless and misguided Sorosoke loudmouths, they lied and spread dangerous fake news and propaganda that destroyed Lagos state, destroyed jobs, destroyed businesses and decimated the IGR base while demanding a better country when in fact they are the most destructive and lawless people in Nigeria.

Now we have lawless mentality youths and hypocrites rioting and demanding a better country, but simple laws and reflections of a better, sane and orderly society they can not obey, abide by or even support.

People don't drive against traffic in sane and orderly societies not only because they know that it's very dangerous and deadly, but also against the law and it comes with serious repercussions.

in as much as what you just said is correct but note this

endsars protesters were peaceful
na government send thugs to disrupt them.

PEOPLE IN THE GOVERNMENT ORDERED THE LEKKI SHOOTING OF INNOCENT NIGERIAN YOUTHS,
90% OF THESE PEOPLE @ THE LEKKI TOLL ARE GRADUATES
DEY JUST WASTE THEM LIKE THAT

they might have done abracadabra to make it look like fake news but GOD will judge
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Brunicekid(m): 9:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Like Kanu Nnamdi and ojukwu like dj snitch. It runs from generation to generation
*dj switch
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by RealSleek(m): 9:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
Flyingngel:
RealSleek post:

I know u are trying to make a point..but you know that picture isn't from Nigeria..and what's wrong with jail term, heavy fines..if you fine someone 200k in this economy, I'm sure that person won't repeat the same offence twice..you are as crazy as your government.

Is the person that decided to drive one way not aware before he/ she start driving that it is against traffic laws? Does he need tutelage to understand that? Why didn't he drive into a river and see if he will not die?
Can he try such in developed countries.
Why are we this lawless in this country.

Oh please, we can go back and forth with this. Ur so called developed country will fine you no for disobeying traffic laws...if we never go we dey watch am for tv...you Africans too like over do..I'm not saying they are right but let's be proportionate
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by GrandFinale2021(m): 9:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
TheStakeHolder:

Failed DJ
I love this comment

1 Like

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Brunicekid(m): 9:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
naptu2:
In "saner climes" like Australia, not only is the car impounded, but it is crushed.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/police-resume-car-crushing-in-a-bid-to-deter-dangerous-drivers-and-repeat-offenders/news-story/a11806dccd86ec5198bbfe14d7b8db09

This also happens in the United States.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna19339955

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T2YamA2h28

Auctioning the cars gives crazy people the chance to buy back their cars.
Wooooww
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by segun18(m): 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
TheStakeHolder:

Failed DJ

Focus on the message pls.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
TheStakeHolder:

Failed DJ
I disagree. Her performance during BBN lockdown was the overall best. This is without sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by jaxxy(m): 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
Nigerians really need to stand up to their leaders and tell them the truth.
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by GrandFinale2021(m): 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
Beremx:
but she's a DJ, how is this any of her concern?
Re: You Are A Thief - DJ Switch Slams Lagos State Government by MoIbrahim: 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Like Kanu Nnamdi and ojukwu like dj snitch. It runs from generation to generation

Not cool. Pls stop such attacks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari Visits His Cows In Katsina After Refusing To Visit Kankara - SR (Video) / Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story / Dolapo Osinbajo Greets Tinubu And Buhari Respectfully (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.