Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience (36976 Views)

Why Nigeria Are Been Denied Visa / So Sad Now!!! I Was Denied Visa Today / UK Grandmother Laments After Her Younger Nigerian Husband Is Denied Visa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Mide3367: 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
I was almost denied visa to UAE. A visa i
Processing of 24 hours took a week to come out.. When I don give up, I got call that visa is out. I weeped tears of joy and gave God the glory.
Modified: I forgot to add that I applied for 2 weeks visa and got 2 months visa. Even after paying for 2 weeks visa o. Big miracle

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Silvershadow81(m): 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2021
US embassy 2005, F1 visa application, very serious looking old consular officer, ask hey Mr. X why do u wanna travel to the US? and I simply answered for further studies. Old man says what's wrong with the university of Lagos or university of NIGERIA, I was so angry at the question but kept my cool, and simply answered, based on recommendations from my high school counselor, I decided to bla bla bla.... Long story short, he said hey Mr X, it's ur lucky day, come back bla bla time for ur visa, congratulations. But guess what, all this happend in my dreams grin still stock here in the shit hole.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by vincent7000(m): 7:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
Got my Visa to the United States on my first attempt

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by mercysamuelson(m): 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2021
Once posted this and Asking for a friend...

Please a friend of mine had his divorce decree from the High court in Lagos but not duly registered. Now he need to provide his divorce decree certificate to the embassy but the problem is that embassy now make verifications of divorce decree certificates to ascertain if its genuinely done and he has already uploaded the decree certificate on the embassy's system during his application . Please, anyone with genuine suggestions or solution... TNo answer from anyone since then but I think its better I put it up again
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by puremaker7(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2021
Springboot:
I was denied US visa 2 x only to realize I was making one mistake and after I corrected it, I got the visa with ease.
what mistake bro we can learn from you abeg
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Hayjay231(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
To the UK Na Canada even Dey my mind sha but I know it is settled as soon as I entered the Canadian embassy
petux:
Okay. So I created this thread just to read about the challenges people faced, while trying to travel out of the country.... Let's hear your story..

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by emmydee(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
Dem village people, e no go better for them.
I went to the US embassy on Walter Carrington, I was to enter through the main entrance not the visa gate on a visit to the Consular General. The big man who sent me had an arrangement. I was supposed to be issued a visa. Others got theirs that way. This was many years ago. I don't want to be exact on dates abeg.
So, before that day, I had already booked my flight to US in 5 days time, in fact, packed my things, ready to move.
So, I arrived the gate very early but was asked to wait for the time for visitors. When it was my time, I approached the security man, I told him I had come to see Mr blah blah blah. He said ok, then checked the system for an appointment. He turned and said, "Sorry, I could not see your name on this appointment list". I insisted, then he asked if I would like to speak with the secretary, I said ok. He dialled the lady's extension and gave me the phone, I introduced myself to the lady and told her who sent me, and what the security guy told me. She shouted and bagged me to submit my document (passport) to the security guy, that he would forward it to her TO ENABLE HER BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR ME IN FUTURE. I said ok. That FUTURE I heard just burst my head.
Omo, do you know that I just turned and left. I went home in anger.( Village people, una no die better). I went home straight. I couldn't even go to report to the man who sent me on Lagos island o. I went home. It was after 3 weeks that I went to meet the man. He was so angry that I couldn't get the visa cos the man's secretary forgot to book my appointment BUT angrier that I failed to report to him immediately. He then called the man's secretary for a new appointment, he was told the man had proceeded on his annual leave and won't be back till the new year.( He never returned to Naija).
My people, na so I take dey chop this nonesense with Buhari for Naija since o. If not, who born monkey?
See, anger no good. Be in control of your emotions. Don't always over react. Good luck.

26 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by jesmond3945: 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2021
JaySterling:
One can easily make money here in the states, send money home to Nigeria and build mansions and buy a lot of properties

Plenty jobs and business to do
Educational opportunities too for those looking to further

Many things mehn

Come and see for yourself
can you say the same for uk?
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Hayjay231(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2021
Ehya sorry broda go learn welder it is well with your soul
samuel19222:

You don finally japa. Abi no be you put your iPhone 7+ Inside rice that year?

Abeg help me tell my picker for Florence, SC, say that pick up wey she japa with don cost casala for street ooo, boyz sef bring soja come treat my fuvk up

She don turn me ripper for guys eyes, na me suppose pick for those wey chop benefits but na aboki Acc dem dey use now embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Mbbscentric(m): 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2021
PediakAuthor:

I have sent you a mail
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by ipobarethieves: 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2021
grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin what if he scale heaven gate and mistakenly fall inside HELL FIRE grin grin grin grin
HRprof:

You dey at your village backyard dey talk about USA. You got USA visa 2 months ago and on your imagination you see all the opportunities to build mansion and buy properties when the increase of jobless people in America have increase because of covid. People like you force gullible Nigeria youths to pass through Libya in search of greener pastures. You will not make heaven
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by chaloskyx: 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
DENIED VISA TO US AND CANADA BUT NOW AM NOW A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF CANADA smiley

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by JUSTDREY: 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2021
JaySterling:
I was denied US visa 3 times but got it on the 4th attempt

Just 2 months ago!!

Yankee sweet sha. And lots of opportunities over here
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by catice(m): 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2021
It only takes you 2 weeks to thank your luck. he might not be lying afterall. Who no come no know!
YorubaPrince:

LIAR! angry

Just imagine a newbie like you who's fresh off the boat and in the U.S for <2mths saying this sort of NONSENSE! angry

You're probably being fed, clothed and definitely squatting with someone and already acting like you're all that. undecided This exactly is the result of the negative thinking of the typical Nigerian and why they don't make it in the diaspora.

You indeed have a very long way to go and we'll see how 'easy' you'll make that money. cool
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by learner007(m): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2021
Novartis:
But with your F1 visa, have you legalized now ?

Have you got your papers ?

No, I haven't. I am absolutely taking things easy and following due process. I will file for EB2 once I get a few of my PhD papers published. This is one way to save myself from more dramas. I have had enough with these Western women. Once you are Nigerian, some will straight up tag you 'paper hustler'... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by catice(m): 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2021
Wait oo, how you take book flight when you never get visa?
emmydee:
Dem village people, e no go better for them.
I went to the US embassy on Walter Carrington, I was to enter through the main entrance not the visa gate on a visit to the Consular General. The big man who sent me had an arrangement. I was supposed to be issued a visa. Others got theirs that way. This was many years ago. I don't want to be exact on dates abeg.
So, before that day, I had already booked my flight to US in 5 days time, in fact, packed my things, ready to move.
So, I arrived the gate very early but was asked to wait for the time for visitors. When it was my time, I approached the security man, I told him I had come to see Mr blah blah blah. He said ok, then checked the system for an appointment. He turned and said, "Sorry, I could not see your name on this appointment list". I insisted, then he asked if I would like to speak with the secretary, I said ok. He dialled the lady's extension and gave me the phone, I introduced myself to the lady and told her who sent me, and what the security guy told me. She shouted and bagged me to submit my document (passport) to the security guy, that he would forward it to her TO ENABLE HER BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR ME IN FUTURE. I said ok. That FUTURE I heard just burst my head.
Omo, do you know that I just turned and left. I went home in anger.( Village people, una no die better). I went home straight. I couldn't even go to report to the man who sent me on Lagos island o. I went home. It was after 3 weeks that I went to meet the man. He was so angry that I couldn't get the visa cos the man's secretary forgot to book my appointment BUT angrier that I failed to report to him immediately. He then called the man's secretary for a new appointment, he was told the man had proceeded on his annual leave and won't be back till the new year.( He never returned to Naija).
My people, na so I take dey chop this nonesense with Buhari for Naija since o. If not, who born monkey?
See, anger no good. Be in control of your emotions. Don't always over react. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Predstan: 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
JaySterling:
One can easily make money here in the states, send money home to Nigeria and build mansions and buy a lot of properties

Plenty jobs and business to do
Educational opportunities too for those looking to further

Many things mehn

Come and see for yourself

Lol... Just 2 Months OkAy ooo
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Predstan: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2021
JaySterling:
I applied for a conference and came in through B1/B2 visa

And you don day make millions for mansion? I pity you ooo

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by thatigboman: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
I have not. twice i went to UK embassy. 1st one i was given 6 months multiple entry visa the next day, though because it was official trip. And then i went for private visit for 2 year multiple entry, and was given after 1 week. For south korea, our south korean consultants just collected our passports in abuja and went and got us 6 months single entry. But at seoul, immigration officer asked me how long i would stay, i replied 2 weeks and he stamped 2 weeks single entry for me. And at the end of my stay, i went back home. Who want stay in a very cold country that they dont understand english sef.
But my friend was denied US visa at 1st attempt. She say she sat in her car, put AC and was sweating. At 2nd attempt, she was still denied. At 3rd attempt, she was given. She came back and at 4th attempt, she was given again. Just went for holidays and came back.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Predstan: 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2021
starbuck:
At this point in my life , i am no longer interested in traveling out but will fight everything within me for my kids to escape this he'll hole of a country

Tell yourself the truth... You alone cannot fight it. I advise you do it for your kids or they will curse you someday . If you can, travel before they are born so they don’t have to fight for visa

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Oneday82: 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2021
Springboot:
I was denied US visa 2 x only to realize I was making one mistake and after I corrected it, I got the visa with ease.

May we know the common mistake you keep making?
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Predstan: 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2021
TheNoble007:

Please be careful what you say here. There are opportunities, yes but don't make it seem as if the grass is very green.I lived in the US, so I know what I am saying.

Hey Man, how have you been... lost your contact. Let’s talk man. How is winter going. It’s very disruptive over here oo
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by ipobarethieves: 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
Golan007:

grin
u go fear some Nairalanders with their lie

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by overseasnbeyond: 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
Stop the bullshit, where are the jobless people? Americans will always says they are jobless because they prefer free weekly payment than to work (unemployment)
Tell me if you need a job ? I will connect you instantly
HRprof:

You dey at your village backyard dey talk about USA. You got USA visa 2 months ago and on your imagination you see all the opportunities to build mansion and buy properties when the increase of jobless people in America have increase because of covid. People like you force gullible Nigeria youths to pass through Libya in search of greener pastures. You will not make heaven
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by fid3fid: 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
optimusprime2:
Looool this brought back hilarious memories... grin

When I was a teenager(about 16) on one particular US visa interview, the consular officer interviewing me was soooo darn cuuute, her eyes were like hypnotic stones , her voice was like running water and mheeeeeeeen did that chic have massive jugs (I don't even know why the US embassy kept that lady there that day) ...

I basically forgot why I came for the interview and started staring at her jugs sheepishly... Anyway I got a boner from all the simulations my mind was running and as soon as I realised my rocket had lifted off, I started trying my best to conceal it from people around me, since I was standing in front of the consular window situated like in the middle of the salon, I literally was acting soooo fidgety, anxious, totally weird and the whole thing got awkward for me that I couldn't even answer her simple questions, I was making incoherent statements, stammering unnecessarily... heck! I forgot my own name... long story short, I was denied by the same woman I was crushing on...

it was when I came out of the embassy that I realised what happened, gosh I felt sooo dumb... I had neverfelt that dumb (till today it still turns me inside out) grin. Anyway I just told my family that I was denied... though I didn't include why grin

I learnt a big lesson from that daygrin

P.S
Las las Fear women o grin

Bro, you kill me with laughter... Iol

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by HRprof: 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2021
overseasnbeyond:
Stop the bullshit, where are the jobless people? Americans will always says they are jobless because they prefer free weekly payment than to work (unemployment)
Tell me if you need a job ? I will connect you instantly
Bro try listen to CNN news na them talk am no be me. I'm not in America and i got no plan to enter there anytime soon. I'm comfortable where I am .

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by JIREN01: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
Springboot:
what mistake boss?
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Chykes4micheal: 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
PastorandMentor:
I am a man of God, the moment i enter embassy, I speak the word and and look straight into the eyes of the Oyibo immediately i am granted visa.
I am currently in Chicago and that was how i did.
I don't beg for it.
Who them be?

See as you dey brag on top pastor level grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by ghettochild(m): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
My first experience was in March 2015.
When my American ex wife send $3500.
I had told her that incase I get denied she'd have to come to Naija..
Na blue paper Dem give me... Damn... I couldn't eat n was demoralized like say na my papa house Dem refuse me to go.
So I had to pay a lawyer to help her get a 24mths naija visa. Then also booked her ticket via united airlines...
29th May 2015 she landed.
The next day we headed to ikoyi..
Was a Saturday...
Then on Monday I had another interview at the embassy..
This time na black woman interview me..
She just say... Your wife has to file for u when she gets back to America..
Na then I know say.... Women interviewer na bad luck for me...
Fast forward 2017 March 15, I applied again..
Na another white woman again.. I knew my papa curse strong Gan.. Upon all the questions she asked n I answered correctly... She still gimme blue paper.
Already had my SA visa then.
Had to jet out to OR Tambo 7th april
Anywhere is better Than naija. But to b honest I don't hate USA now..
To go there no even hungry me again..
Maybe when time is right.
We go try Canada or Belgium..
I no like stress for my life again

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Oneday82: 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
[quote author=Avangard post=99259951]My visa was approved 16th December, 2020. I never had travel experience. In addition I was pessimistic owing to the various denial story have heard. I'm presently schooling and hopefully something good would come out in the end.

I give all glory to God!

Did you employ the service of an agent?
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by overseasnbeyond: 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2021
I dont care whether you are comfortable or not but stop spreading rumour like Nigeria covid -19.
I work in the united State, if i recommend people to work in my office, I get a referral fees of $500 instantly because these people don't want to work.
HRprof:

Bro try listen to CNN news na them talk am no be me. I'm not in America and i got no plan to enter there anytime soon. I'm comfortable where I am .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Falls Inside Flooded Gutter Due To Badagry Express Bad Roads (Photos) / My Trip To Fiji And Travel Tips For Nigerian Passport Holders / 19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.