Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin (36961 Views)

Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis / Private School Teachers Are Currently Benefiting From The Closure Of Schools. / Coronavirus: Enugu Govt Directs Closure Of Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
bolaayenimo:
hijab in Governments schools stupidity of the highest order
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by ThatFairGuy: 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2021
AustineE1:
Why can't this Muslim students go to a Muslim or govt schools littered all over Kwara state,must you attend a Christian school.
Some people just like causing problem where there is non! Enough of this nonsense!!!Christian schools like most schools have rules and regulations guiding them and it is called 'dress code'. Should traditionalists dress in masquerade or native apparel to schools because of freedom of religion?
Man, those are not Christians or Muslims school but GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS.

I don't know why you lots are intolerant about Muslim lady using hijab in government schools.

In an Ansarudeen Government school, ARE HIJAB FORCED ON STUDENTS?

Don't be a Hypocrite please. Government has taken over every schools and it's under their control now

5 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by JaffyJoe(m): 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2021
Onlyonebuhari:

But it's a must to use government money to pay staff. Christianity and intolerance! You can wear pants but allow others to cover themselves

Stop with the BS. These mission schools told the government to keep their grants since 2014 to avoid issues like this.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by basadenet: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
Why the closure of only Christian schools? and why not all? from the closure, it has now shown that the Kiara state government is partial and indirectly backing Muslims against Christians..
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by ThatFairGuy: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
Yobabad:
When I told you people that Yoruba Muslims are very foo.lish and use.less you all didn't believe me. Now Muric have proven me to be correct, Muric started started this Yoruba Muslims Miscreants YMM) movement
Animal like you
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by ThatFairGuy: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2021
EzeNri:
Only christian schools? Yoruba Moslems are problem of yorubas
Carry your Terrorism to the East, we don't want your kinda intolerance behavior in our land.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by BaeMercy(f): 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:
I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied their constitutional rights.

Moreover, these schools are government schools (though bearing Christian names). All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.
You know the truth let's be plain here
can I attend Muslim school without wearing hijab? will they even admit me in knowing I'm a Christian?
Even the Arabs that brought Islam have grown pass this extreme stage
You people like looking for qualm when there's none

Heaven is not opened to people who cover their heads but the ones who follow the word of God and shun away from sins

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by kilonshele101(m): 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2021
Stupidity of the highest order.
A legal action must be taken.

These schools are Christians
School, students and parents have no other option than to abide with their rule. Must a Muslim attend a Christian school?

A friend of mine was in a Muslim school (al-something) in that same Ilorin years back for a program, it was surprising and annoying to discover that you have to use hijab regardless of your religion, they claim that is their rule and everyone must obey or find the exit.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by descarado: 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2021
Archaic and outdated tradition.
Others have moved on.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Empiree: 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2021
Moblux:
The war has been on for a long time. I think the issue should be handled with care to avoid a riot. It is not a must for Abdul to attend C&S College now.

These schools were built by Christian community which government is not renovating and the Christians still contribute money to maintain their "legacy". What was the compensation paid when the schools were forcefully taken over?

The point is that it got so bad in Kwara that Christian boys and girls were not getting admitted to some of these schools in the early 90's. That was why C&S Laduba, Emmanuel College Tanke, Chapel, ESS Ganmo etc came up as private/ mission schools
Guy, govt has responsibilities to oversees school activities whether private or public schools. Whether religious school or not. Why is hijab and religion always issues in Nigeria?. Muslims attend St this and St that in any schools in Western world with their hijab on. Why the intolerance?.

And just because it is named "St.- saint" doesn't mean it is religious school. It could also be in honor of religious figures.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by BaeMercy(f): 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2021
kilonshele101:
Stupidity of the highest order.
A legal action must be taken.

These schools are Christians
School, students and parents have no other option than to abide with their rule. Must a Muslim attend a Christian school?

A friend of mine was in a Muslim school (al-something) that same Ilorin years back for a program, it was surprising and annoying to discover that you have to use hijab regardless of your religion, they claim that is their rule and everyone must obey or find the exist.

They want others to abide by their laws but they can't reverse it instead they start playing victims
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2021
And Yoruba never learn.

Femi Falana your education is rubbish.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Omeifa: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:
I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied their constitutional rights.

Moreover, these schools are government schools (though bearing Christian names). All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.

Rubbish thinking, can I attend a Muslim school without using an hijab rubbish people

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Omeifa: 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2021
Valur20:
I'm a Muslim but wearing of hijab in Christian schools when it is not part of dress code is arrant nonsense. Must you attend the Christian schools if must do obey dia rules. Those idiots in govt should not cause religious violence. The Yorubas are not known for religious extremism.

God bless you 100%

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Omeifa: 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2021
Funkeshuga:

carefully read the gibberish you cooked up there

cc: MYND44, lalasticlala and Seun won't ban you for insulting a whole tribe because of some unavoidable circumstances

this uncultured member just broke 2 Into pieces, I hope justice is served to tame any future occurrences

He's not liening he spoke the truth 100%
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by ANTIlSLAM(m): 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
Since Anything That Belongs To WESTERNERS Is NOT Part Of Islam, Slaves Of allah Should Carry Their KETTLES Go Islamic Schools NOT By Force To Attend Christian's Schools..
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Tareq1105: 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2021
Komu1048:

I will take them serious, when it afrects faith academy

No o o o, Faith Academy? They no fit.

Faith Academy is, as the name suggests, faith based, wholly owned and funded by Living Faith Church Worldwide.

The governor would not try it.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Cherez: 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2021
Moblux:
The war has been on for a long time. I think the issue should be handled with care to avoid a riot. It is not a must for Abdul to attend C&S College now.

These schools were built by Christian community which government is not renovating and the Christians still contribute money to maintain their "legacy". What was the compensation paid when the schools were forcefully taken over?

The point is that it got so bad in Kwara that Christian boys and girls were not getting admitted to some of these schools in the early 90's. That was why C&S Laduba, Emmanuel College Tanke, Chapel, ESS Ganmo etc came up as private/ mission schools
But honestly, I don't understand why we have shallow minds, I inclusive.
How on earth should I deprive a child education cos such is on hijab?
It makes no sense to me
Everyone should accept each other
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2021
Yobabad:
When I told you people that Yoruba Muslims are very foo.lish and use.less you all didn't believe me. Now Muric have proven me to be correct, Muric started started this Yoruba Muslims Miscreants YMM) movement
Yoruba Land will hardly see peaceful coexistence untill they stop listening to the extremist, intolerant Christian bigots among themselves or neighbouring intolerant Christians who always see Hijab as a way of Islamising their territory; I very well know it pained the bigots among them to see Muslims enjoy their religious right in their own land.
Many Muslims are facing serious persecution from this same matter but the bigots remain adamant abt their rights. Islam is a modest religion and it's the right of Muslims to cover their body because if we were to expose our nudes the supreme God would have created us to live naked like animals; one of the infinite mercy of God on humans is by creating us beautifully perfect, ability to cover our nudes and being an intelligent animals otherwise we would've never look different from beast.
The way Christians uphold nudity and immorality just to deviate or look different from Muslims is giving them very bad impression, when in your scripture modesty is strictly uphold.
There was Islam in Yoruba Land centuries before whites imposed their religion on you, so why should you persecute them.
Those schools, market & advertise for admission and those people got admitted but now they're denying them right which is enshrined in FRN's constitution; the schools should've made it clear in their rules and regulations that Muslims are not admitted, period!
If Christians like they should keep living nude like animals and allow Muslims uphold their religious right.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Tranquility4u: 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
BaeMercy:
You know the truth let's be plain here
can I attend Muslim school without wearing hijab? will they even admit me in knowing I'm a Christian?
Even the Arabs that brought Islam have grown pass this extreme stage
You people like looking for qualm when there's none

Heaven is not opened to people who cover their hands but the ones who follow the word of God and shun away from sins

Muslim schools do admit Christian students and the students are never forced to wear the Hijab.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Onitola2: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
Doraty1:
Hijab: Govt directs closure of affected schools

https://twitter.com/YinkaFafoluyi/status/1362735431889149959?s=19
those schools are owned by the state government but named after individuals, just like sheikh abdulkadir, so it's for everybody. But what will a principal gain in telling students not to wear hijab.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Tranquility4u: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
Omeifa:

Rubbish thinking, can I attend a Muslim school without using an hijab rubbish people

Christian students are never forced to wear the Hijab in Muslim schools. You should know that
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by zealousayo(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:
from your comment it's obvious that you're a frustrated he-goat

On the contrary you're the frustrated goat not the person you quoted.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Why must they wear HIJAB?
Is HIJAB your culture?
You no longer answer your indigenous names; instead na Kabir, Nurudeen, etc..
Do Saudi Arabians adopt any of your culture; dressing pattern or language?
..because it is meaningless to them!!!
You are killing your CULTURE!!!

ISLAMIC slave..

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Ayilara1(m): 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
Oladipo1166:

nah Government build am from the beginning?
and if it is there right
that means I can wear my Choir garment to sch also to enjoy my rights

Do you wear your church gown everywhere? Do Muslims wear there hijab everywhere? That should answer you dear!

When they say they won't greet you during your festive you say it's lack of tolerance. Now, they want to wear their own hijab that they wear everywhere to a government funded school you say No. You people are the hypocrite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by zealousayo(m): 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
Coronabirus:
Yoruba Land will hardly see peaceful coexistence untill they stop listening to the extremist, intolerant Christian bigots among themselves or neighbouring intolerant Christians who always see Hijab as a way of Islamising their territory; I very well know it pained the bigots among them to see Muslims enjoy their religious right in their own land.
Many Muslims are facing serious persecution from this same matter but the bigots remain adamant abt their rights. Islam is a modest religion and it's the right of Muslims to cover their body because if we were to expose our nudes the supreme God would have created us to live naked like animals; one of the infinite mercy of God on humans is by creating us beautifully perfect, ability to cover our nudes and being an intelligent animals otherwise we would've never look different from beast.
The way Christians uphold nudity and immorality just to deviate or look different from Muslims is giving them very bad impression, when in your scripture modesty is strictly uphold.
There was Islam in Yoruba Land centuries before whites imposed their religion on you, so why should you persecute them.
Those schools, market & advertise for admission and those people got admitted but now they're denying them right which is enshrined in FRN's constitution; the schools should've made it clear in their rules and regulations that Muslims are not admitted, period!
If Christians like they should keep living nude like animals and allow Muslims uphold their religious right.

You are a very senseless person... Useless bigot.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Positivepoint(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2021
Moblux:

but kwarai is a muslim State so rather the schools should relocate to a christian state.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Tareq1105: 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2021
ThatFairGuy:

Man, those are not Christians or Muslims school but GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS.

I don't know why you lots are intolerant about Muslim lady using hijab in government schools.

In an Ansarudeen Government school, ARE HIJAB FORCED ON STUDENTS?

Don't be a Hypocrite please. Government has taken over every schools and it's under their control now

Point of correction here.

They're not government schools.

Government forcefully took over the schools from the churches that own them but couldn't change the name bcoz government hasn't paid what it agreed to pay the original owners.

Trust Kwara State Muslim government they would have removed C&S, St this, Baptist that.

Therefore, it continues to carry Christian names until government pay them and only then would hijab be allowed.

For those living or grew up in Ilorin, how has hijab changed anything in Ilorin?

Answer me with true conscience and the fear of God.

All na hypocrisy as if without hijab you cannot enter aljanah.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by authority2006(m): 3:25pm On Feb 19, 2021
Moblux:

Who's paying the teachers? Who is maintaining the buildings?

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by authority2006(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2021
AustineE1:
Why can't this Muslim students go to a Muslim or govt schools littered all over Kwara state,must you attend a Christian school.
Some people just like causing problem where there is non! Enough of this nonsense!!!Christian schools like most schools have rules and regulations guiding them and it is called 'dress code'. Should traditionalists dress in masquerade or native apparel to schools because of freedom of religion?

dvdwed:
Very senseless people, must Rukayat attend CAC college? Animals.

If the CAC college is being funded by the government, it means that the school belong to all irrespective of their religion or dressing.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2021
Komu1048:

I will take them serious, when it afrects faith academy
No private school affected.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by authority2006(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2021
letristian:
Madness!

Can these extremists learn from UAE?

You saw extremists when you should have seen bunch of intolerant people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics / Michael Okpara University Agriculture Umudike Admission 2013/2014 / Victory Yinka-Banjo Gets 19 Scholarship Offers Worth $5m From US And Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.