Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin (36963 Views)

Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis / Private School Teachers Are Currently Benefiting From The Closure Of Schools. / Coronavirus: Enugu Govt Directs Closure Of Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
AustineE1:
Why can't this Muslim students go to a Muslim or govt schools littered all over Kwara state,must you attend a Christian school.
Some people just like causing problem where there is non! Enough of this nonsense!!!Christian schools like most schools have rules and regulations guiding them and it is called 'dress code'. Should traditionalists dress in masquerade or native apparel to schools because of freedom of religion?
Baba these are government schools in question
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
dvdwed:
Very senseless people, must Rukayat attend CAC college? Animals.
Si far it's government a school
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Abeyjide: 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2021
Brendaniel:
And all the schools are Christian Schools, we already know what they want to do, most of these schools are missionary schools...

see my school oooo. St Anthony secondary school
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2021
BabaIbo:
Those Christian schools should resist any move to allow those Muslim students wear hijab.

What's even the usefulness of that hijab?

Will they allow others to dress in their different attires to a Muslim school?

Hypocrites everywhere.
It's a government school just bearing Christian name
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2021
Brendaniel:
And all the schools are Christian Schools, we already know what they want to do, most of these schools are missionary schools...
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
Yeye. That their nonsense plated short african hair dem dey cover

afonja muslim ajoka
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2021
rowland545:
This doesn't make sense ...every sch have rules and guidelines just like kano state are saying nobody should drink alcohol in der state but can take all sort of illicit drugs...

You can't wear hijab and go to a Christian sch....u don't see a Christian student entering a mosque with shoes on.

If u must go to the SCH then also respect there rules ....Nigerian matter don tire me... How on earth did I end up in such a stupid volatile country....small issue everybody go wan raise dust
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2021
Yankee101:
In short they are targeting Christian schools

Go and find out what happened to the standard of education in nigeria when missionary schools were seized

If you want to attend a Christian school you better be ready to follow Christian standards, or go ahead and build your own school and set whatever standard you want

The extremism coming out of illorin is another explosion waiting to happen
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Empiree: 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2021
Kingspin:
The writer must be taken poo for breakfast instead of tea.
this your response is not academic

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tamdun: 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2021
aremuforlife:
This is part of their jihadis, they want to dominate other religion with their ideas, and they will do everything to stop other from dominating them.
Ondo gov demolished ansarudeen sec sch in ondo nothing happened and am sure u guys were not blind then,u did not complain because he's a xtian gov,now that a muslim gov did something similar, una dey foam for mouth, those students will wear hijab to those sch and nothing will happen, nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by eteba(m): 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2021
this thing is very simple, wear your hijab jejely to ur Islamic school, shikena case closed......these yoruba muslims that the hausa muslims are not taking seriously, their own dey pain me pass......spits
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by ThatFairGuy: 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tareq1105:

Point of correction here.

They're not government schools.

Government forcefully took over the schools from the churches that own them but couldn't change the name bcoz government hasn't paid what it agreed to pay the original owners.

Trust Kwara State Muslim government they would have removed C&S, St this, Baptist that.

Therefore, it continues to carry Christian names until government pay them and only then would hijab be allowed.

For those living or grew up in Ilorin, how has hijab changed anything in Ilorin?

Answer me with true conscience and the fear of God.

All na hypocrisy as if without hijab you cannot enter aljanah.
Your argument is stale.
That's how those schools carries their names all across the country.

For hijab matter. Answer is YES.
It's a commandment and compulsion from Allah for every Muslim women to use hijab. This is why we take it very serious.

It's part of our women dressing. Just like covering genitals is a compulsion for human, so adult Muslim female's hair
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Sterope(f): 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
The one funded with everyone's tax money? They took over most religious schools not just the Christian's ones though.

Sounds like an intolerance issue. Like when my grandfather and his dad to convert to Christianity back then and change their names to be admitted to school.

Same issue. Different religions.

Moblux:
The war has been on for a long time. I think the issue should be handled with care to avoid a riot. It is not a must for Abdul to attend C&S College now.

These schools were built by Christian community which government is not renovating and the Christians still contribute money to maintain their "legacy". What was the compensation paid when the schools were forcefully taken over?

The point is that it got so bad in Kwara that Christian boys and girls were not getting admitted to some of these schools in the early 90's. That was why C&S Laduba, Emmanuel College Tanke, Chapel, ESS Ganmo etc came up as private/ mission schools
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Sterope(f): 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2021
You won't have existed if this were true.

aremuforlife:
This is part of their jihadis, they want to dominate other religion with their ideas, and they will do everything to stop other from dominating them.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Yankee101: 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2021
oloyedewaris:

You said you are full stack?

1. Can you do a 3 layerbapplication with database, processor and front end?

2. Can you do serverless layer with API gateway to trigger requests, process, respond and store in a database? With unique name/account retrieval systems?

3. What's your price, if you can deliver with specific timeframe?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Abeyjide: 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2021
oloyedewaris:

I went to St Anthony and then Muslims were giving a place to pray and i know you will agree with me that' fair enough .but making it mandatory for Muslims to wear hyjab while in such a school will distort the peace. it is better the government follows their mode and acceptable uniform to avoid
wahala.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Yankee101: 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2021
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by imam07: 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2021
imagine. i saw some muslims gathering around one of d schools and saying they should allow ijab because they are govt schools.imagine some of these schools were given small area within d presises for doing prayers. where in Muslim schools will u see small church. these people are selfish. i saw my former secondary school and I wanted to cry. the school was neglected by d govt. no any renovation at all. it was we old students that are contributing fund to keep it in shape. churches should collect their properties back from d govt. d govt are using it to favour the muslims. we can all see how they turned university of ilorin and their secondary school to Muslim property.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tamdun: 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
Ansarudeen sch did not force any xtian to wear hijab, they are allowed to dress as they pleased, so why is ecowa and baptist forcing students to remove their hijab,in ilorin of all places?
This is my problem with xtians, they can pretend,see how their sisters dressed in the picture below, what makes what they are wearing different from hijab?

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by TheVictim01(m): 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
Would a Christian send his child to a Muslim school? Then shouts at the school officials to allow wearing of mini skirts, and to let his/her ward attend without hijab
Don't be delusional, here in kano I see a lot of Christian students attending Muslim schools and they wear hijabs, especially the government schools around this region.

Empiree:
go and get education before you open your mouth. You have no idea. Govt has the right to regulate schools.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by BaeMercy(f): 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

Muslim schools do admit Christian students and the students are never forced to wear the Hijab.
Good, Christian schools don't wear hijab so Muslims are not allowed to wear hijab in Christian schools

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Empiree: 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2021
TheVictim01:
Would a Christian send his child to a Muslim school? Then shouts at the school officials to allow wearing of mini skirts, and to let his/her ward attend without hijab
Don't be delusional, here in kano I see a lot of Christian students attending Muslim schools and they wear hijabs, especially the government schools around this region.

we are talking about ILORIN here. This is thread about ILORIN. And why would christians wear miniskirt to school?. Can you wear miniskirt to courthouse or professional settings?. And where in your Bible Jesus encouraged miniskirts?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Kingspin(m): 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2021
Ayilara1:

You're digressing and bringing what's not in the topic into it.

Just because some or even many of your pastors goes around sleeping with church member would that means pastors or church be scrapped?

We're talking hijab, you're talking fornication .... How does allowing everyone to remove their hijab curb fornication.

Take it or leave it, a hijab wearing environment will have reduced fornication rate to a non-hijab wearing environment. Abi do you want to tell me fornication is higher in the north than in the south?

A society where they do something secretly is still better than where they do it openly. As doing it openly means calling others into it. Or a child of yours that fornicate secretly and the one that do it to your face in your parlour, which of them respect you more?

By the way, how many Muslim women wears the Muslim hijab?

Lastly, I'm a Muslim boy, virgin, never kissed or touched a lady romantically, infact, and I've also gotten green light from Christian women.

So, what's your point? Leaving hijab will curb fornication?
Imams don't sleep with minor, you guys are always funny. There are things i cannot say knowing it can happen in both religion.

For your information what you wear has nothing to do with your personality. Just like saying putting on suit make someone a gentleman, it doesn't work that way.

If Muslims are truly a religion of peace the hijab things should never cause confusion.

How can an American woman wear G-string paint and bra to Mecca, knowing fully well, it is not acceptable. It is either she didn't go or wear the recognise dress. It more simply than A,B,C. The rule is strictly in Mecca.

I can never ever take my ward to Muslim class or school since i dont want he or she to study it unless is a mix school permit that for example in government own schools.

Trying to force your way into other's privacy or rules invitation for trouble.
Since you have money to open Mosques, while not open many schools?.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Abeyjide: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2021
tamdun:
Ansarudeen sch did not force any xtian to wear hijab, they are allowed to dress as they pleased, so why is ecowa and baptist forcing students to remove their hijab,in ilorin of all places?
This is my problem with xtians, they can pretend,see how their sisters dressed in the picture below, what makes what they are wearing different from hijab?

you are a blatant liar. is hijab part of dress code for St Anthony before? what does ilorin of all places implies? with atrocities here and there?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Abeyjide: 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2021
tamdun:

Ondo gov demolished ansarudeen sec sch in ondo nothing happened and am sure u guys were not blind then,u did not complain because he's a xtian gov,now that a muslim gov did something similar, una dey foam for mouth, those students will wear hijab to those sch and nothing will happen, nonsense

one terrorist showing face. this are the kind of people distorting the peace in our land.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by felzokugo(m): 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2021
[q uote author=sweetonugbu post=99222666]If I wear masquerade dress to an islamic school will they allow me to enter?. Ordinary to comment on islamic section here you must swear an oat not to talk of entering their school or mosque[/quote]

[color=#990000][/color I never see religion wey mumu like dis moslem pipo...especialy d yoruba own....d hausa dem own na worse!... I jus tire.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Kingspin(m): 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2021
Empiree:
this your response is not academic
Fellow the rule while your in my house when i step into yours, i am guided by common sense to obey your house rule.

You have all the right to walk me OUT.

It is more simple than ABC.
Hijabs cannot be wear in all schools.

It is not intolerance but peaceful coexist.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tamdun: 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2021
Abeyjide:

you are a blatant liar. is hijab part of dress code for St Anthony before? what does ilorin of all places implies? with atrocities here and there?
So why did they close the sch? Is it not because the students were not allowed to wear hijab and let me repeat myself, "ilorin of all places", ilorin is majorly muslim and there's nothing anyone can do about that, did anyone complain when ondo state gov demolished ansarudeen?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by thesmallgod(m): 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2021
They know what they are doing. They claim it is government school so they think they have power to use their religious bigotry on those Christian. For more than 20 years of living in kwara, I've never seen where a government deploy a christian as a vice principal to a Muslim secondary school but they are always eager to deploy Muslim to head a christian schools.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tamdun: 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2021
Abeyjide:

one terrorist showing face. this are the kind of people distorting the peace in our land.
Call people terrorist because they refused to dress the way u want, why can't they wear hijab? Ur Catholic sisters can dress similarly but u people will always complain when a muslim wear hijab

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Moblux(m): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
tamdun:

I bet it, you can stand a rosary with a criss insignia/pendant in Ansarudeen
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
Yankee101:

You said you are full stack?

1. Can you do a 3 layerbapplication with database, processor and front end?

2. Can you do serverless layer with API gateway to trigger requests, process, respond and store in a database? With unique name/account retrieval systems?

3. What's your price, if you can deliver with specific timeframe?

1. I said i am a mern stack developer meaning i work with mongo db, express, react, and node.js and that's also a full stack because these tools can be used to build a full web application of any type, so i don't understand what you mean by layerbapplication. By the way i use react for my front-end jobs

2. Remember i said i am a mern stack developer, so i use node.js and express with a mongo db database to build servers of all kind, i never said i'm an aws developer.

3. For enquiry about price and delivery range, you can chat me up on whatsapp 08108745769. You can visit my portfolio to know more about me and my works, you will even find my other social platforms and resume there

THANK YOU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics / Michael Okpara University Agriculture Umudike Admission 2013/2014 / Victory Yinka-Banjo Gets 19 Scholarship Offers Worth $5m From US And Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.