Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin (36931 Views)

Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis / Private School Teachers Are Currently Benefiting From The Closure Of Schools. / Coronavirus: Enugu Govt Directs Closure Of Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tamdun: 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
Moblux:

I bet it, you can stand a rosary with a criss insignia/pendant in Ansarudeen
Why not, it's a gov sch for fvck sake
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
Abeyjide:

I went to St Anthony and then Muslims were giving a place to pray and i know you will agree with me that' fair enough .but making it mandatory for Muslims to wear hyjab while in such a school will distort the peace. it is better the government follows their mode and acceptable uniform to avoid
wahala.
So far it's a government property, i see no reason for students to be forced to pull off their hijab

Simple...

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Funkeshuga(m): 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
Omeifa:

He's not liening he spoke the truth 100%

you Igbo are hate filled people but only North and Muslims are the problem, your hate filled is a great pandemic to any nation
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Abeyjide: 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2021
oloyedewaris:

So far it's a government property, i see no reason for students to be forced to pull off their hijab

Simple...

is it now government took over the school?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tamdun: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2021
Funkeshuga:

you Igbo are hate filled people but only North and Muslims are the problem, your hate filled is a great pandemic to any nation
Igbo are the worst, u need to see the way the mock their fellow Igbos just because they are muslim, do not be surprised, these people still practise Osu Caste among themselves
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by eternityk: 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
Ayilara1:

You're digressing and bringing what's not in the topic into it.

Just because some or even many of your pastors goes around sleeping with church member would that means pastors or church be scrapped?

We're talking hijab, you're talking fornication .... How does allowing everyone to remove their hijab curb fornication.

Take it or leave it, a hijab wearing environment will have reduced fornication rate to a non-hijab wearing environment. Abi do you want to tell me fornication is higher in the north than in the south?

A society where they do something secretly is still better than where they do it openly. As doing it openly means calling others into it. Or a child of yours that fornicate secretly and the one that do it to your face in your parlour, which of them respect you more?

By the way, how many Muslim women wears the Muslim hijab?

Lastly, I'm a Muslim boy, virgin, never kissed or touched a lady romantically, infact, and I've also gotten green light from Christian women.

So, what's your point? Leaving hijab will curb fornication?
guy,I'm not taking anybody side,but based on what I heard,even from Muslims
they will always say,won she shina ni ilu ilorin
even ronke oshodi said it and y there are many hotels in ilorin
d fact is many people even people from ilorin know promiscuity is plenty there
now im not accusing any religion or people
it's based on what I noticed as I am in plenty ilorin groups and pages on FB
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Abeyjide: 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
tamdun:

Call people terrorist because they refused to dress the way u want, why can't they wear hijab? Ur Catholic sisters can dress similarly but u people will always complain when a muslim wear hijab

when someone says nothing will happen for things that can disturb the peace in the land ,what do u call such a person?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by vince2016(m): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
ThatFairGuy:

Man, those are not Christians or Muslims school but GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS.

I don't know why you lots are intolerant about Muslim lady using hijab in government schools.

In an Ansarudeen Government school, ARE HIJAB FORCED ON STUDENTS?

Don't be a Hypocrite please. Government has taken over every schools and it's under their control now

Did Government buy over the schools or enter into partnership with the missionaries?
Schools are institutions with rules and regulations guilding every students and even teachers as well.

The schools were established to propagate Christian believes and value.
Now that Govt is involved, the school cannot reject any student into the school base on their religion and cannot also force any student to join Christian faith. However, every student must to comply with the ethos of the school.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by oloyedewaris(m): 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2021
Abeyjide:

is it now government took over the school?
I don't understand, what do you mean
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by slivertongue: 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:
I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied their constitutional rights.

Moreover, these schools are government schools (though bearing Christian names). All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.

they ain't govt schools but faith based schools hijacked by govt
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Sickmod(m): 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2021
sweetonugbu:
If I wear masquerade dress to an islamic school will they allow me to enter?. Ordinary to comment on islamic section here you must swear an oat not to talk of entering their school or mosque

That part where you have to swear to comment on islamic section is sick. It shows how biased this nairaland is...
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by blackboy(m): 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2021
sweetonugbu:
If I wear masquerade dress to an islamic school will they allow me to enter?. Ordinary to comment on islamic section here you must swear an oat not to talk of entering their school or mosque
good point
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tamdun: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2021
Abeyjide:

when someone says nothing will happen for things that can disturb the peace in the land ,what do u call such a person?
How is student wearing hijab will disturb the peace of the land? How
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tamdun: 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2021
sweetonugbu:
Would xtians allowed masquerade attend their sch?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Awoo88: 5:36pm On Feb 19, 2021
AustineE1:
Why can't this Muslim students go to a Muslim or govt schools littered all over Kwara state,must you attend a Christian school.
Some people just like causing problem where there is non! Enough of this nonsense!!!Christian schools like most schools have rules and regulations guiding them and it is called 'dress code'. Should traditionalists dress in masquerade or native apparel to schools because of freedom of religion?
It is not about going to their school. It is about imposing their view on others.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by compton11(m): 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
AustineE1:
Why can't this Muslim students go to a Muslim or govt schools littered all over Kwara state,must you attend a Christian school.
Some people just like causing problem where there is non! Enough of this nonsense!!!Christian schools like most schools have rules and regulations guiding them and it is called 'dress code'. Should traditionalists dress in masquerade or native apparel to schools because of freedom of religion?
It is Govt school not private
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tamdun: 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
Awoo88:

It is not about going to their school. It is about imposing their view on others.
Exactly
There's what we call freedom of expression, they will see ladies walking around half naked and they won't say pim but always complain about hijab, hypocrites
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by compton11(m): 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
EzeNri:
Only christian schools? Yoruba Moslems are problem of yorubas
boy face your own problem first
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by compton11(m): 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2021
BabaIbo:
Those Christian schools should resist any move to allow those Muslim students wear hijab.

What's even the usefulness of that hijab?

Will they allow others to dress in their different attires to a Muslim school?

Hypocrites everywhere.
is it your hijab?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by foreshore(m): 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2021
Doraty1:
Hijab: Govt directs closure of affected schools

https://twitter.com/YinkaFafoluyi/status/1362735431889149959?s=19

Why would you come to a Christian school and want to use hijab. Rubbish!
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Angelmichael63: 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2021
Komu1048:

I will take them serious, when it afrects faith academy
LOL NA DIE BE THAT OO......
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Kingspin(m): 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Baba these are government schools in question
I doubt your claim and it will be impossible for Christians to drag a solely government established schools, many of these schools were built by missionaries on behalf of churches, fund and manage by Church.

I guess if you look around you will found school established by the government not st catholic schools.

Why should I take my ward to an Islamic school? Never.

Stop fishing for trouble where is non.

You have money to open Mosques while not schools.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
Positivepoint:
but kwarai is a muslim State so rather the schools should relocate to a christian state.
What a foolish, senseless and annoying statement.

How the Bleep is Kwara a Muslim state?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by truentalk: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
TheVictim01:
Would a Christian send his child to a Muslim school? Then shouts at the school officials to allow wearing of mini skirts, and to let his/her ward attend without hijab
Don't be delusional, here in kano I see a lot of Christian students attending Muslim schools and they wear hijabs, especially the government schools around this region.
Is Xtian meant for mini skirts. Go and read your Bible well.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Ayilara1(m): 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2021
Kingspin:
Imams don't sleep with minor, you guys are always funny. There are things i cannot say knowing it can happen in both religion.

For your information what you wear has nothing to do with your personality. Just like saying putting on suit make someone a gentleman, it doesn't work that way.

If Muslims are truly a religion of peace the hijab things should never cause confusion.

How can an American woman wear G-string paint and bra to Mecca, knowing fully well, it is not acceptable. It is either she didn't go or wear the recognise dress. It more simply than A,B,C. The rule is strictly in Mecca.

I can never ever take my ward to Muslim class or school since i dont want he or she to study it unless is a mix school permit that for example in government own schools.

Trying to force your way into other's privacy or rules invitation for trouble.
Since you have money to open Mosques, while not open many schools?.

Who told you imams don't do all wrongs? What I'm telling the guy is that people abusing use of something doesn't mean we should criticize the thing, most importantly when it's not that thing thats the cause of it.

What you wear has 1000000000 of things to say about you. There are somethings abroad that are normal trends of fashion that only irresponsibility that can push you to it down here. Even in that so called "saner climes", there are ways you dress to different locations.

Look, we Muslims knows what's right from what's wrong and we won't bend to backwardness just because everyone feel it's right. Why should a lady dress like that to anywhere in this world? Why should a lady be naked in front of men? It's not civilization but backwardness.

I can't allow my own child to be under anyone tutelage for any reason except for that in which I trust and believe in too.

Lastly, I'm not saying covenant should allow Muslims to wear hijab in their privately owned schools because I won't allow such in my own school too but preventing student to wear hijab in public school is what's wrong.

Hope your irreligious?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by darecool(m): 6:06pm On Feb 19, 2021
Muslims and trouble making everywhere. I've not read anywhere that a Muslim community or leader complained about the standard of education or the quality.
Their only problem is hijab.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by BabaIbo: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2021
oloyedewaris:

It's a government school just bearing Christian name

*Fixed*

It is a missionary(i.e church owned) school that the government wants to hijack or already hijacked in the past.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by BabaIbo: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
compton11:
is it your hijab?

Why not tell your people to enrol in your religion's inclined school instead of disturbing others.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by BabaIbo: 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2021
tamdun:

Exactly
There's what we call freedom of expression, they will see ladies walking around half naked and they won't say pim but always complain about hijab, hypocrites

You are the hypocrite here.

Do you know how may atrocities your people commit under that hijab?

Go to a Muslim school or take your wards to a Muslim school simple.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
Akanbiedu:

Islam was in the SW long before christianity came, so who is tolerating who?
Which year did Islam get to Yoruba land?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by emilo2bad: 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2021
rowland545:
This doesn't make sense ...every sch have rules and guidelines just like kano state are saying nobody should drink alcohol in der state but can take all sort of illicit drugs...

You can't wear hijab and go to a Christian sch....u don't see a Christian student entering a mosque with shoes on.

If u must go to the SCH then also respect there rules ....Nigerian matter don tire me... How on earth did I end up in such a stupid volatile country....small issue everybody go wan raise dust
My friend these schools are no longer Christians schools they have be taking over by government. They only keep their names for legacy sake please get your facts right be commenting like others above
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by TheVictim01(m): 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
Isn't that the new normal? FYI I ain't a Christian.
Empiree:
we are talking about ILORIN here. This is thread about ILORIN. And why would christians wear miniskirt to school?. Can you wear miniskirt to courthouse or professional settings?. And where in your Bible Jesus encouraged miniskirts?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" / 5 Top Reasons Why Some Girls Go Into Campus Runs. My Experience / US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.