Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin (36932 Views)

Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis / Private School Teachers Are Currently Benefiting From The Closure Of Schools. / Coronavirus: Enugu Govt Directs Closure Of Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Pymetrics: 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2021
Well, many are just replying ignorantly or emotionally.
Those schools you see there were expanded, and funded by state government. Both Muslims and non Muslims pay taxes to the government, and therefore you cannot say the school solely belongs to Christians. Though Christians established them, but they are no more funded with Christian money.

Some people will ask why don't Muslim quit those schools? If you care to know, Ilorin is a Muslim dominated city. The available Muslim schools cannot contain the Muslims and neither the Christians can fill the spaces of Christian established schools. So resource management came to play and this is the reason why you see both of them in the same classroom. Peaceful coexistent is what we should seek.
To buttress with example, I attended Mount Carmel College, Ilorin. I can confidently tell you that 95% of students there were Muslims while the other 5% covers Christians. This is almost similar in those affected schools. In this case, resolving issues amicably is a way to go because the Muslims have become a stakeholder and contributor in those schools. They also pay taxes which government is using to pay staff and also fund amenities.
The Alumni association known as old students which comprise of majority Muslims are also contributing to repair those schools. You can see that Muslims are already stakeholder.

Outside Ilorin, Christians are much in public schools like ìsìn local governments, Omu Aran and others. So you build large space schools in the center of ilorin where Muslims are dominated, and you expect them not to attend while collecting fund from state government. This may not be possible.

The very small population of Christians in ilorin made them not to attend Muslim public schools, and even Muslim private schools.

Please don't respond with emotions, come with fact.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by jacoik(m): 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:
I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied their constitutional rights.

Moreover, these schools are government schools (though bearing Christian names). All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.
my friend if you don't know what to say you short up! who told you it a government schools. it's a missionary school if you don't know. government don't own missionary school but the church. clown

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2021
Onlyonebuhari:

But it's a must to use government money to pay staff. Christianity and intolerance! You can wear pants but allow others to cover themselves

But someone who is too inferior to build his own facility should not be quick to make the rules in others facilities.

It's just that inferiority complex.

I just have never seen a Muslim school before. Even though Islam got to the north and the Yorubas were conquered a very long time before the British took over, I still have not seen ANY SINGLE school that were build by the Muslims.

Yet in their wicked inferiority, they think that others do wear pants, and so they want to dress like a terrorist in which their other Muslim countries are already banning.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by joefelin2345: 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2021
Moblux:
The war has been on for a long time. I think the issue should be handled with care to avoid a riot. It is not a must for Abdul to attend C&S College now.

These schools were built by Christian community which government is not renovating and the Christians still contribute money to maintain their "legacy". What was the compensation paid when the schools were forcefully taken over?

The point is that it got so bad in Kwara that Christian boys and girls were not getting admitted to some of these schools in the early 90's. That was why C&S Laduba, Emmanuel College Tanke, Chapel, ESS Ganmo etc came up as private/ mission schools
This type of problem once occurred in Osun State during the reign of a former Governor. The Baptist were unjustly accused of religious intolerance when it was obvious that Govt goofed. How can you rob Peter to pay Paul? Let them resolve the matter amicably as there is already tension in the land.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by joefelin2345: 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
PatriotExact:

But someone who is too inferior to build his own facility should not be quick to make the rules in others facilities.

It's just that inferiority complex.

I just have never seen a Muslim school before. Even though Islam got to the north and the Yorubas were conquered a very long time before the British took over, I still have not seen ANY SINGLE school that were build by the Muslims.

Yet in their wicked inferiority, they think that others do wear pants, and so they want to dress like a terrorist in which their other Muslim countries are already banning.
Oga point of correction. The Yorubas were never conquered. Yes Alimi betrayed Afonja at the end of the day and Ilorin became an Emirate but time is changing and we never know tomorrow. Empires have risen & fallen. It is not yet time to lay wreath. Night threatens, time devolves & there is no acquittance with tomorrow. Let's be careful how we twist history.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by benpuzzy(m): 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
AustineE1:
Why can't this Muslim students go to a Muslim or govt schools littered all over Kwara state,must you attend a Christian school.
Some people just like causing problem where there is non! Enough of this nonsense!!!Christian schools like most schools have rules and regulations guiding them and it is called 'dress code'. Should traditionalists dress in masquerade or native apparel to schools because of freedom of religion?
St. Michael International school where my daughter attend made it compulsory for every student to own chaplet and catholics hymns, they observe their angelus at noon daily, if you know that you are against the catholic doctrins, don't push your lads to the school, may be the governor of Kwara state is a muslem that is why he is wedging in.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by RamessesIV(m): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2021
Lol awon yoruba's are united,our muslim brothers can never grin grin grin

know this and know this now no MUSLIM is your brother they are only nice and peaceful when they are a minority or loose political power if you think am lying go and ask Coptic christians of egypt how tolerant muslims are to them

Sha I don't blame the Muslims is the Southern christians who tolerate and make excuses for Muslim extremism i blame lol when they did their sharia law in northern states no one remembered the rights of non-muslims ohhh

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Akanbiedu(m): 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2021
RamessesIV:
Lol awon yoruba's are united,our muslim brothers can never grin grin grin

know this and know this now no MUSLIM is your brother they are only nice and peaceful when they are a minority or loose political power if you think am lying go and ask Coptic christians of egypt how tolerant muslims are to them

Sha I don't blame the Muslims is the Southern christians who tolerate and make excuses for Muslim extremism i blame lol when they did their sharia law in northern states no one remembered the rights of non-muslims ohhh

Islam was in the SW long before christianity came, so who is tolerating who?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by RamessesIV(m): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2021
And you just proved what i wrote thanks alot afonja
Akanbiedu:

Islam was in the SW long before christianity came, so who is tolerating who?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by LiesSlayer007: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2021
embarassed embarassed the stupidity with which poor nigeria muslims practice islam is not only disgusting but slavish. the brain washing is abhoring. it is only in nigeria that children of poor muslims will be wearing a masquerade looking smeling hijab covering the whole body,why the children of the rich in the north,west,south and even soudi arabia will be beautifully decked in a very beautiful head gear,looking very attarctive.
bia moderator before you ban me as ussual,ask yourself ; shey iro ni Bobo yi npa? cry cry

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Tareq1105: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2021
Ayilara1:

Do you wear your church gown everywhere? Do Muslims wear there hijab everywhere? That should answer you dear!

When they say they won't greet you during your festive you say it's lack of tolerance. Now, they want to wear their own hijab that they wear everywhere to a government funded school you say No. You people are the hypocrite.

You're the number one hypocrite.

How has even full hijab helped to reduce the level of "nonsense" and Omo ale in Ilorin?

Answer me.

I did my Nysc in Ilorin as a teacher in 1992.

You know what I'm talking about.

How?

Married and unmarried.

One old man with plenty wives in hijab. What do you expect?

They go about (with hijab) visiting younger men even youth corpers.

At age 12, you can't vouch for them even with hijab 24/7.

I ran away from one woman like that bcoz my religion tells me to run away from such.

She contracted me to give the son extra lessons in Maths and Chemistry bcoz the boy actually needed it.

She started behaving funny.

She would want to bring the payment to my house personally in the night instead of giving it to the son. Mostly when the son had gotten home.

And she would remove hijab and be talking for hours about how the husband abandoned the boy education to her alone.

How the other wives did not allow the husband to have time for her and her 3 children.

I ran for my life. I told her I was a virgin and truly I was then.

To me, hijab or any dressing code is hypocrisy. It doesn't stop those nonsense they do.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Akanbiedu(m): 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2021
RamessesIV:
And you just proved what i wrote thanks alot afonja

You osu people cup will eventually be full. You mischief makers.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by samwillyco1(m): 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2021
Religion of peace indeed, they are good in causing confusion everywhere they are.

One Amina wanted to try this rubbish in law school one certain time but was asked to leave the school immediately if she can't obey the school rules.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by ALISMILE(m): 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2021
AustineE1:
Why can't this Muslim students go to a Muslim or govt schools littered all over Kwara state,must you attend a Christian school.
Some people just like causing problem where there is non! Enough of this nonsense!!!Christian schools like most schools have rules and regulations guiding them and it is called 'dress code'. Should traditionalists dress in masquerade or native apparel to schools because of freedom of religion?
The schools are govt schools
Mimi
Govt cannot be funding intolerant academicians
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by LLSAINT(m): 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2021
I dey tell you
Islam is a religion of peace but ALL TERRORIST ARE MUSLIMS

sweetonugbu:
If I wear masquerade dress to an islamic school will they allow me to enter?. Ordinary to comment on islamic section here you must swear an oat not to talk of entering their school or mosque
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by OpinionCounts(m): 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:
I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied their constitutional rights.

Moreover, these schools are government schools (though bearing Christian names). All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.

You should also see no reason why Christian business men should be denied their constitutional rights of selling alcoholic drinks in Kano, zamfara and co.

Moreover, these states are states in a secular country (though have more Muslims). All Christian business men, in particular, non-northerners should be allowed to sell their drinks since these states are part of Nigeria and for all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by RamessesIV(m): 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2021
Am not igbo try again,lol jihadist
Akanbiedu:

You osu people cup will eventually be full. You mischief makers.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by orlaglobal234: 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2021
Yoruba Muslims are the most problem of Yorubas that they indirectly control by northern Muslims and if care is not taking it will end to religion crisis
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by etrouble: 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2021
EzeNri:
Only christian schools? Yoruba Moslems are problem of yorubas

Who are the problems of your family?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by tinktanker: 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2021
Do Muslims schools admit Christians? The ans I guess is no. So Christians schs shld stop admitting Muslims period. Muslims are just trouble makers by default
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by etrouble: 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2021
Moblux:
The war has been on for a long time. I think the issue should be handled with care to avoid a riot. It is not a must for Abdul to attend C&S College now.

These schools were built by Christian community which government is not renovating and the Christians still contribute money to maintain their "legacy". What was the compensation paid when the schools were forcefully taken over?

The point is that it got so bad in Kwara that Christian boys and girls were not getting admitted to some of these schools in the early 90's. That was why C&S Laduba, Emmanuel College Tanke, Chapel, ESS Ganmo etc came up as private/ mission schools

All liars will go to hell. I am not surprised anyway, you are from the same compound as Lie Muhammed.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Patrioticman007(m): 4:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
Onlyonebuhari:

But it's a must to use government money to pay staff. Christianity and intolerance! You can wear pants but allow others to cover themselves

These products of the anti Christ hate to see the cloths Mary mother of Jesus wore.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by RamessesIV(m): 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2021
Are you minding them fucking hypocrites
OpinionCounts:

You should also see no reason why Christian business men should be denied their constitutional rights of selling alcoholic drinks in Kano, zamfara and co.

Moreover, these states are states in a secular country (though have more Muslims). All Christian business men, in particular, non-northerners should be allowed to sell their drinks since these states are part of Nigerian and for all Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by TheVictim01(m): 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
I'm a Muslim faithful but I wonder what Muslims were doing in Christian schools in the first place. Mbanu!! There's something sinister and it's got no place in the Quran, just narcissism and oppression. These aren't Muslims but pretenders!

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Tareq1105: 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
Onitola2:
those schools are owned by the state government but named after individuals, just like sheikh abdulkadir, so it's for everybody. But what will a principal gain in telling students not to wear hijab.

Liar.

The school were never owned by the government. Christians built the schools.

Kwara State, being a Muslim majority state, couldn't have built schools and name it after Christian churches or individuals.

Never, such level of accommodation and tolerance doesn't exist in Kwara state.

The schools were originally owned by Christian bodies but forcefully taken over by the government.

However, government could not change the names because it hasn't paid the agreed compensation to the original owners.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by santos247(m): 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2021
While your argument may look valid, will you also consent that all Muslims schools should allow teachers and students from a non-Muslim background and be allowed to dress as much as their conviction and liberty allow? Even if it means they do different shades of hairstyle and dressing or is Rleigious freedom only for Muslims?

Tranquility4u:

3 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Kingspin(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2021
What is wrong with jihadi people, there are schools for hijabs, niqab and school for non-hijab.

All schools cannot be for extremist. Government schools can tolerate that fanatic not a school open by me.
Are these people dead on brain?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Empiree: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
The Fundamental Right To Wear Hijab Of Female Muslim Students Of St. Anthony And C & S Secondary School, Ilorin By Abdullahi Soliu Dagbo

https://thenigerialawyer.com/the-fundamental-right-to-wear-hijab-of-female-muslim-students-of-st-anthony-and-c-s-secondary-school-ilorin-by-abdullahi-soliu-dagbo/

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Judolisco(m): 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tranquility4u:

christian churches built those schools to help the public.. Government took over most of it in ondo, ekiti,kogi kwara etc why must it be in kwara alone that they are having dis issue I think also osun... Can u teach CRS in an Islamic sch?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Empiree: 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2021
TheVictim01:
I'm a Muslim faithful but I wonder what Muslims were doing in Christian schools in the first place. Mbanu!! There's something sinister and it's got no place in the Quran, just narcissism and oppression. These aren't Muslims but pretenders!
go and get education before you open your mouth. You have no idea. Govt has the right to regulate schools.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Ayilara1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
Tareq1105:

You're the number one hypocrite.

How has even full hijab helped to reduce the level of "nonsense" and Omo ale in Ilorin?

Answer me.

I did my Nysc in Ilorin as a teacher in 1992.

You know what I'm talking about.

How?

Married and unmarried.

One old man with plenty wives in hijab. What do you expect?

They go about (with hijab) visiting younger men even youth corpers.

At age 12, you can't vouch for them even with hijab 24/7.

I ran away from one woman like that bcoz my religion tells me to run away from such.

She contracted me to give the son extra lessons in Maths and Chemistry bcoz the boy actually needed it.

She started behaving funny.

She would want to bring the payment to my house personally in the night instead of giving it to the son. Mostly when the son had gotten home.

And she would remove hijab and be talking for hours about how the husband abandoned the boy education to her alone.

How the other wives did not allow the husband to have time for her and her 3 children.

I ran for my life. I told her I was a virgin and truly I was then.

To me, hijab or any dressing code is hypocrisy. It doesn't stop those nonsense they do.

You're digressing and bringing what's not in the topic into it.

Just because some or even many of your pastors goes around sleeping with church member would that means pastors or church be scrapped?

We're talking hijab, you're talking fornication .... How does allowing everyone to remove their hijab curb fornication.

Take it or leave it, a hijab wearing environment will have reduced fornication rate to a non-hijab wearing environment. Abi do you want to tell me fornication is higher in the north than in the south?

A society where they do something secretly is still better than where they do it openly. As doing it openly means calling others into it. Or a child of yours that fornicate secretly and the one that do it to your face in your parlour, which of them respect you more?

By the way, how many Muslim women wears the Muslim hijab?

Lastly, I'm a Muslim boy, virgin, never kissed or touched a lady romantically, infact, and I've also gotten green light from Christian women.

So, what's your point? Leaving hijab will curb fornication?

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin by Kingspin(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
Empiree:
The Fundamental Right To Wear Hijab Of Female Muslim Students Of St. Anthony And C & S Secondary School, Ilorin By Abdullahi Soliu Dagbo

https://thenigerialawyer.com/the-fundamental-right-to-wear-hijab-of-female-muslim-students-of-st-anthony-and-c-s-secondary-school-ilorin-by-abdullahi-soliu-dagbo/
The writer must be taken poo for breakfast instead of tea.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Top Reasons Why Some Girls Go Into Campus Runs. My Experience / US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria / Ayomide Adeoye Enrolled Into Avi-cenna International School, G.R.A, Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.