Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? (9356 Views)

Why Do Muslims Ask Christain To Wear Hijab Before Entering Their Premises / Temiloluwa Adeboye Celebrates Her Birthday (Photo) / Is It Right For A Christain To Own A Club/bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 6:07am On Apr 13, 2021
Janosky:
The occasion of the feasting referred to in Job 1:4 is not clear. As the seven days appear to have been consecutive, they could hardly have been birthdays.
Also, the Hebrew word for birthday or celebrations of annual birthdays is yohm hule'dheth ( as is in Genesis 40:20).

Is Hebrew yohm hule'dheth in Job 1:4?

I follow Jesus Christ , 1 Corinthians 11:1,
1 Peter 2:21.
Not the sons of Job or their life of indulgence.
Job1:5, Job sef, no too trust children say them no commit.. grin grin grin

The simple answer you have decided to choose from question raised is ........I BACKTRACK.

Why? According to you:

1. The occasion of the feasting referred to in Job 1:4 is not clear

Meaning the feasting done by Job's sons could be for birthdays. Therefore, show us where Jehovah hated them for doing so?

2. As the seven days appear to have been consecutive, they could hardly have been birthdays.

When I want to speculation or make assumptions what word will come up for such....... COULD. That's the all I needed here. I told you earlier in the first response to your reference material from your organization that the writer based the ban on birthdays based on speculations, suppositions and assumptions that have open ends. That is why he decided to go to Genesis 40:20 than see Job 3:1 where the same his day was used. The his day refers to day of birth

Your image tells you it is a strange construct and learn to use the familiar and simpler day of birth aka his day

Hope you understand what is going on here?

Job sef, no too trust children say them no commit

As if you trust yourself enough not to pray to
your Jehovah to forgive your sins even in cases you are not aware you had sinned

Here is what CALEB had to say about eating what was used to celebrate birthdays with his friends in those Caleb videos you love to watch. Caleb asked: " what if Jehovah does not want to be my friend anymore

The question becomes where does Jehovah say he is not friends with those who celebrated their day of birth?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2021
achorladey:

One can only hope you get a response for this

True
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:38am On Apr 13, 2021
Janosky:

Job's children did NOT celebrate birthdays.
I've addressed that claim in my posts.
1 Corinthians 11:1 "imitate Jesus" our examplar.
So what were they celebrating, Nigeria independence?
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2021
Barristter07:

Nothing like Birthdays existed in the Case of Job.

What were the children celebrating?
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:40am On Apr 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
There is a great chasm fixed between our people and yours {Luke 16:26} so keep what you've got while we'll also keep our heritage! Isaiah 54:17 smiley

You see how you craftly dodged to answer my question to avoid exposing yourself.

You rather believe your false prophet than the words of Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2021
Don't worry yourself my friend! smiley

You don't need all this stress. You can't be arguing in support of Sabbath as if it's compulsory while your fellow birthday celebrators don't agree nah! cheesy

What you asked is about birthday and from all indications there is not a single worshiper of God mentioned celebrating BIRTHDAY nevertheless you feel like celebrating your birth with your cohorts who don't agree with your view regarding Sabbath. That's why i reminded you of the great chasm fixed between our people and your people.
So keep your heritage while we keep ours! smiley

blueAgent:

You see how you craftly dodged to answer my question to avoid exposing yourself.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
achorladey:

The simple answer you have decided to choose from question raised is ........I BACKTRACK.

Why? According to you:

1. The occasion of the feasting referred to in Job 1:4 is not clear

Meaning the feasting done by Job's sons could be for birthdays. Therefore, show us where Jehovah hated them for doing so?

2. As the seven days appear to have been consecutive, they could hardly have been birthdays.

When I want to speculation or make assumptions what word will come up for such....... COULD. That's the all I needed here. I told you earlier in the first response to your reference material from your organization that the writer based the ban on birthdays based on speculations, suppositions and assumptions that have open ends. That is why he decided to go to Genesis 40:20 than see Job 3:1 where the same his day was used. The his day refers to day of birth

Your image tells you it is a strange construct and learn to use the familiar and simpler day of birth aka his day

Hope you understand what is going on here?

Job sef, no too trust children say them no commit

As if you trust yourself enough not to pray to
your Jehovah to forgive your sins even in cases you are not aware you had sinned

Here is what CALEB had to say about eating what was used to celebrate birthdays with his friends in those Caleb videos you love to watch. Caleb asked: " what if Jehovah does not want to be my friend anymore

The question becomes where does Jehovah say he is not friends with those who celebrated their day of birth?
Achorladey, you are NOT honest, one bit.
You are here claiming "speculation" & na you start speculation with Job 1:4 to advance your DUBIOUS claims.

Job 3:1-3
After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth. 2 He said:

3 “May the day of my birth perish,
and the night that said, ‘A boy is conceived!"

The context of Job 3:1-3 & Job1:4-5 is different .
Did Job tell you his children celebrated birthdays?
Job 3:1-3, did Job tell you him celebrate his birthdays?
The holy Scriptures as well as "Hebrew language detective website" says Achorladey is LYING.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
According to Zzor (Rozz) the young man is like a serpent who just Snick here and there to promote his personal opinion but since God's Holy Spirit stands gidigba in the midst of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Achorladey can't find a resting place so he prefer anyhow anyhow worship! cheesy

Janosky:

You are here claiming "speculation" & na you start speculation with Job 1:4 to advance your DUBIOUS claims.

The holy Scriptures as well as "Hebrew language detective website" says Achorladey is LYING.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
blueAgent:

Which Law did Jesus said will not pass away till Heaven and Earth do?
Why do you misquote the holy Scriptures?
Where did Jesus use the word "Law" in your quote?
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
Janosky, you amuse me.
Do you think any of these people care a bit about what the scriptures says?
Come on brother they're just like my uncle who practice traditional religions.
Can you believe he actually quoted the added verses where it was said that Jesus was using his finger to write something in the sand to contact IFÁ (Oracle) on how to reply those trying to kill an adulterous woman?
So these people will forget KJV today today if any translator could add a verse to support birthday in his version! undecided

Janosky:

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
blueAgent:

He will rather believe sifted words of ATHEIST or wisdom of the world that is foolishness to God e.t.c that his religious leaders who say they are not inspired gives them as spiritual food.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
According to Zzor (Rozz) the young man is like a serpent who just Snick here and there to promote his personal opinion but since God's Holy Spirit stands gidigba in the midst of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Achorladey can't find a resting place so he prefer anyhow anyhow worship! cheesy

He is empty, all he just want is to make people see you is not as CHRISTIAN as people view us!

But others that are not members of your organization should be seen as SATANIST, RELIGIONISTS, FALSE CHRISTIANS never as "TRUE CHRISTIANS" like you love to view yourself and your kind and holy spirit dwell in your midst just as devil spirit influence you and your organization as well. Hope you remember grin

verbal abuses, insults and curses to drag them down to his level

Even "atheist, satanist, false christians" e.t.c like you love to call those who don't dance to your tune on this platform know you are leading light when it comes to the above.

Achorladey can't find a resting place so he prefer anyhow anyhow worship

Still looking for resting place inside your head when your master said take my yoke it gives REST.

young man is like a serpent who just Snick here and there to promote his personal opinion

That personal opinion as I see it worries your mind so much that you decided to mention other people to comfort and console you. Pele!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
Janosky:

grin grin

After citing scripture from 3 different translation to show you the usage of the word his day. You came back with I am not honest grin grin. I didn't even go about looking for reference materials you have used so far loaded with words used in making assumptions, suppositions and speculations. Reference materials splitting birth and day grin grin grin.

When what you had been relying upon was sent back to you. You cannot take it you backtrack. Since you backtrack, Oga educated literate, retrace your steps. You are getting lost in your own discussion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Barristter07: 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2021
Emusan:

Wonder shall never ends.

This is one of the 7 wonders of lying JWs.

So wedding ring was used to God's command of marriage by a pagan Nation who also started a pagan celebration of birthday.

Still lying on the Pharaoh.

Show us where birthday was mentioned in Lev 18

You can twist scripture the way you want but people reading it can see the truth.

So where was wedding ring mentioned by God as what people can use on wedding day, since God accepted it from pagan Egyptians?

When Logic fail you, it becomes a twisted truth. I presented evidence that the western wedding rings traced back to the Greeks and Romans, not as part of a false worship or dedication to a strange god, but a symbol of Marital Union , the same way a signet Ring given to Joseph by a pagan King signifies authority. Does God against what the symbol represent ? No.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Barristter07: 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
blueAgent:

What were the children celebrating?

the text said ONLY the sons organize the Feasts, So those ladies don't have birthdays ??
If the text were a reference to birthday's, are birthdays only for men ?

Answer.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Barristter07: 6:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
Emusan:

That's the figment of your own imagination not mine.
That verse proves that a Christian can CHOOSE ANY DAY to celebrate and there is no condemnation on that.

Exactly, even if he rejoices with pagans. Nobody should condemn him. He Chooses to do so.

You are seeing how disorganized your logic is.

Can you provide a source for this?

" As supreme ruler of the people, the pharaoh was considered a god on earth, the intermediary between the gods and the people. When the pharaoh came to the throne he was instantly associated with Horus - the god who had defeated the forces of chaos and restored order - and when he died, he was associated with Osiris, the god of the dead."
- PHARAOH , World History Encyclopedia

In light of the above . See the below

Origin of birthdays
" The oldest reference to birthdays found in history goes back to ancient Egypt. When pharaohs were crowned in ancient Egypt they were considered to have transformed into gods. This divine promotion made their coronation date much more important than their birth into the world, so they were basically celebrating the Pharaoh’s “birth” as a god. "

https://medium.com/the-innovation/birthdays-the-most-famous-pointless-celebration-5b5940a269ca

Yes it has nothing in connection with strange god.

See the above quotes

I'm celebrating MY OWN BIRTHDAY not ANOTHER person's birthday.

But the text of Romans 14:5-6 says I can choose a DAY I WISH to celebrate.

Is people celebrating birthday celebrating A GOD?

Now "encyclopedia was RIGHT" by Barristter07 word on Mable.....

The same encyclopedia was right when it says "The earliest existing rings are those found in the tombs of ancient Egypt."

You are celebrating something whose origin has to do with connections with pagan gods, customs God banned the Israelites from partaking of. Definitely birthdays is not the point of Romans 14:5,6 . The text is not for festivals dedicated to a strange god as you confessed earlier .

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by achorladey: 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
Pick what can dance to your tune dump the rest.

Mclinctock and strong cyclopedia had on the same page images captured below. What did the cyclopedia used to support the bold below. cheesy cheesy

The observance of birthdays may be traced to a very ancient date; and the birthday of the first-born son seems in particular to have been celebrated with a degree of festivity proportioned to the joy which the event of his actual birth occasioned

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:23am On Apr 14, 2021
Barristter07:

the text said ONLY the sons organize the Feasts, So those ladies don't have birthdays ??

Answer.

Fake answer as usual.

Go and read Bible commentary

The bible is not a story book that would tell us every details the most important information has been passed and that is the Sons of Job celebrated their birthdays and it was never mentioned as a sin.

Benson Commentary
Job 1:4. His sons went and feasted in their houses — Or made a family feast, to testify and maintain their brotherly love. Every one his day — Not every day of the week and of the year, which would have been burdensome to them all, and gross luxury, and which certainly such a holy man as Job would not have permitted; but each his appointed day, perhaps his birth- day, or the first day of the month. It is certain the same expression, יומו, jomo, his day, means his birth-day, Job 3:1. “The verse,” says Dr. Dodd, “might be rendered, And his sons had a constant custom to make a family feast, every one on his birth-day; and they sent and invited their three sisters,” &c. According to Herodotus, the inhabitants of the East in general, and especially the Persians, were remarkable for celebrating their birthdays with great festivity and luxury.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:24am On Apr 14, 2021
achorladey:

He will rather believe sifted words of ATHEIST or wisdom of the world that is foolishness to God e.t.c that his religious leaders who say they are not inspired gives them as spiritual food.

True.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2021
Janosky:

No wonder you and your Church are know for false doctrines.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:30am On Apr 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Don't worry yourself my friend! smiley

You don't need all this stress. You can't be arguing in support of Sabbath as if it's compulsory while your fellow birthday celebrators don't agree nah! cheesy

What you asked is about birthday and from all indications there is not a single worshiper of God mentioned celebrating BIRTHDAY nevertheless you feel like celebrating your birth with your cohorts who don't agree with your view regarding Sabbath. That's why i reminded you of the great chasm fixed between our people and your people.
So keep your heritage while we keep ours! smiley

At least Abraham celeberated his son been Weaned, Angel's the Wise men Heaven and its Host celeberated the birth of Jesus and their are countless instructions with regard to one observing any day as been Good with regard to God mercy upon him.

That of the Sabbath is beyond this thread, it is God's law which no man or even Jesus Can change.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 2:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
blueAgent:

[s]No wonder you and your Church are know for false doctrines.
[/s]
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Nobody is in competition with you for quote of Scripturesgrin grin.

Thanks for sharing Matthew 5:17-18, your reference point.

Jesus Christ fulfilled and abolished the law.
If the law were in force, you would be offering ram and pigeon to atone for your sins.
Galatians 3:13,23-25

* Colossians 3:13-16
You were dead because of your sins, that is, because of your “foreskin,” your old nature. But God made you alive along with the Messiah by forgiving you all your sins. 14 He wiped away the bill of charges against us. Because of the regulations, it stood as a testimony against us; but he removed it by nailing it to the execution-stake. [/b]15 Stripping the rulers and authorities of their power, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by means of the stake.

[b]16 So don’t let anyone pass judgment on you in connection with eating and drinking, or in regard to a Jewish festival or Rosh-Hodesh or Shabbat"
* Romans10:4 "Christ is the end of the law"
Pronto !
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Janosky: 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
blueAgent:

At least Abraham celeberated his son been Weaned, Angel's the Wise men Heaven and its Host celeberated the birth of Jesus and their are countless instructions with regard to one observing any day as been Good with regard to God mercy upon him.

That of the Sabbath is beyond this thread, it is God's law which no man or even Jesus Can change.

You're still not getting it.
No follower of Jesus or Servant of the true God, not even Jesus Christ himself, had any connection with annual birthdays celebrations.
Did mary Mary and Joseph celebrate Jesus 1st year birthday till he died or they had posthumous birthdays celebrations for him?

Did Jesus not know that king Herod had birthdays celebrations?
Did he do his own birthday celebrations?
grin grin.

Your Bible says Jesus Christ ended the Law plus the Sabbath.
Colossians 3:13-16. Romans10:4. Gal 3:13,23-25
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
blueAgent:

The word (BIRTHDAY) is written in the case of Pharaoh {Genesis 40:20} and Herod {Matthew 14:6} and never mentioned in connection with a single worshiper of God so that case is settled!

You are free to keep the Sabbath if you wish but God's word says Christians aren't under any obligation for observance of any day not even the Sabbath! Colossians 2:16 smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Barristter07: 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2021
blueAgent:

Fake answer as usual.

Go and read Bible commentary

The bible is not a story book that would tell us every details the most important information has been passed and that is the Sons of Job celebrated their birthdays and it was never mentioned as a sin.

Benson Commentary
Job 1:4. His sons went and feasted in their houses — Or made a family feast, to testify and maintain their brotherly love. Every one his day — Not every day of the week and of the year, which would have been burdensome to them all, and gross luxury, and which certainly such a holy man as Job would not have permitted; but each his appointed day, perhaps his birth- day, or the first day of the month. It is certain the same expression, יומו, jomo, his day, means his birth-day, Job 3:1. “The verse,” says Dr. Dodd, “might be rendered, And his sons had a constant custom to make a family feast, every one on his birth-day; and they sent and invited their three sisters,” &c. According to Herodotus, the inhabitants of the East in general, and especially the Persians, were remarkable for celebrating their birthdays with great festivity and luxury.

Are birthdays for only men ?

Are women just mere invites to a birthday party ?

This is the conclusion you are at risk of ending with for your illegal use of the verse.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 7:09am On Apr 15, 2021
Barristter07:

When Logic fail you, it becomes a twisted truth. I presented evidence that the western wedding rings traced back to the Greeks and Romans, not as part of a false worship or dedication to a strange god, but a symbol of Marital Union , the same way a signet Ring given to Joseph by a pagan King signifies authority. Does God against what the symbol represent ? No.

So shameful that, your twisted lying tongue was exposed but you couldn't admit it.

You even have audacity to repeat the WESTERN WEDDING RING nonsense.

You rush to Lev 18:3 which says "So don’t follow the customs of Egypt where you used to live or those of Canaan where I am bringing you."

To drive your point that since Birthday originated from Egypt then God has warned Israelites shouldn't FOLLOW ANY OF THEIR PRACTICES.

Even the son called WESTERN WEDDING RING from Greek & Romans, remember they are part of CANAAN mentioned above.

But everyone knows WEDDING RING originated from Egypt.

So Lev 18:3 should be applied here.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 7:36am On Apr 15, 2021
Barristter07:
Exactly, even if he rejoices with pagans. Nobody should condemn him. He Chooses to do so.

I can perceive your ignorance, Jesus dine with sinners, does that make Jesus a sinner?

Know the difference between the two!

To participate with Pagan means you do exactly what the pagan did that day, you join them in their ritual act, incite their slogan e.t.c

You are seeing how disorganized your logic is.

It's your logic that is wacked.

" As supreme ruler of the people, the pharaoh was considered a god on earth, the intermediary between the gods and the people. When the pharaoh came to the throne he was instantly associated with Horus - the god who had defeated the forces of chaos and restored order - and when he died, he was associated with Osiris, the god of the dead."
- PHARAOH , World History Encyclopedia

In light of the above . See the below

Origin of birthdays
" The oldest reference to birthdays found in history goes back to ancient Egypt. When pharaohs were crowned in ancient Egypt they were considered to have transformed into gods. This divine promotion made their coronation date much more important than their birth into the world, so they were basically celebrating the Pharaoh’s “birth” as a god. "

https://medium.com/the-innovation/birthdays-the-most-famous-pointless-celebration-5b5940a269ca
See the above quotes

The funny part of it and to see how bias you are, you quoted encyclopedia article first then went ahead to quote A BLOG without a reliable source to back it up.

I'm waiting for your encyclopedia source on that!

Even the article says "...This divine promotion made their coronation date much more important than their birth into the world,..."

You are celebrating something whose origin has to do with connections with pagan gods, customs God banned the Israelites from partaking of. Definitely birthdays is not the point of Romans 14:5,6 . The text is not for festivals dedicated to a strange god as you confessed earlier .

No! I'm celebrating my OWN birthday.

Wedding ring is also part of that custom God banned the Israelites from partaking of.

Romans 14:5-6 shows I can CHOOSE A DAY TO CELEBRATE.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 7:42am On Apr 15, 2021
Janosky:

You're still not getting it.

No follower of Jesus or Servant of the true God, not even Jesus Christ himself, had any connection with annual birthdays celebrations.

We get it very well!

because Russell, Rutherford, Knorr are not followers of Jesus Christ nor servants of the true God since they have connection with birthday celebration.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 7:53am On Apr 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The word (BIRTHDAY) is written in the case of Pharaoh {Genesis 40:20} and Herod {Matthew 14:6} and never mentioned in connection with a single worshiper of God so that case is settled!

But it was mentioned in connection with Russell, Rutherford & Knorr.

Definitely, they're not worshippers of Jehovah so that case is settled.

You are free to keep the Sabbath if you wish but God's word says Christians aren't under any obligation for observance of ANY DAY not even the Sabbath! Colossians 2:16 smiley

Just see how you're contradicting yourself.

But how come you single out Birthday here?

The focal point here, if God who established the great Sabbath day which was model after his own ETERNAL REST later sees no obligation for this same great Day observance, do you think God will bother Himself with a mere birthday celebration?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by Emusan(m): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2021
Barristter07:

Answer.

Do you even attend school at all?

because a well educated person knows that, female children weren't normally giving much attention in ancient documentaries. This can even be seen throughout the scriptures.

Even the text still features the female by saying they too were ALWAYS invited.

Only a bias JWs will deny what they celebrate isn't birthday because the text is clear "HIS DAY"
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:32am On Apr 15, 2021
Barristter07:

Are birthdays for only men ?

Are women just mere invites to a birthday party ?

This is the conclusion you are at risk of ending with for your illegal use of the verse.

You still don't get it.
Re: Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? by blueAgent(m): 11:34am On Apr 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You are free to keep the Sabbath if you wish but God's word says Christians aren't under any obligation for observance of any day not even the Sabbath! Colossians 2:16 smiley

Really ?
no wonder your Church is a scam.

What is Sin?
Define Sin for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

What Are Truly The Signs Of A Genuine Christian? / A Proposition For Theological Debate / Cardinal Becciu: Vatican Court Convicts Former Pope Adviser Of Financial Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.