Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? (55475 Views)

If Any Man I'm Dating Gets Broke, I'll Leave The Relationship- Lady (Video) / Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? / With These Discoveries, Can I Continue With Her?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by drnoel: 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Love still dey shack this one

Tomorrow na you'll start Weeping and gnashing your teeth saying this girl "Used Jazz on me".... How can the girl know your password and have Unrestricted access to your phone and Privacy and she'll deny you access to hers with Idiotic excuses.

Oga are you not a Man that knows what he wants, I believe you have goals and priorities that you wish to accomplish in this Life, So why is it difficult for you to Let that girl know that you're not here to "Play games", why is it difficult for you to Express yourself and let her know with a serious tone in your voice that you will not tolerate such behavior and excuses from her.

Oga it is your type that finally gets married and start lamenting "I Made a Horrible Mistake by Marrying this Woman", meanwhile it is your Fault from the beginning because you failed to set Boundaries and stamp your Authority as a man that knows what he wants.

People won't like to hear this and I personally dont give a FÚCK, nowadays, Respect is what makes a Relationship last longer and Stronger especially when the Respect is Mutual, Love is just secondary.

If that girl had a good Percentage of Respect for you, she won't have the guts to go through your phone and your Privacy and start giving excuses when you want to go through hers.

You're seeing the "Red Flags" now and you're forming gentleman, your eyes go soon Clear grin grin grin

That was too hard. Some guys need that kind of beating but atleast be a little humane when you give such a beating.

To the OP, the guy I quoted may have been too mean or brash in his approach but he has said it all.
I will just add that, since U are a gentleman then find out why she is crying? Find out everything. It could be that she cheated or she didn't. Find out and decide for yourself what U must do next
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by wany(f): 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

Tomorrow na you'll start Weeping and gnashing your teeth saying this girl "Used Jazz on me".... How can the girl know your password and have Unrestricted access to your phone and Privacy and she'll deny you access to hers with Idiotic excuses.

Oga are you not a Man that knows what he wants, I believe you have goals and priorities that you wish to accomplish in this Life, So why is it difficult for you to Let that girl know that you're not here to "Play games", why is it difficult for you to Express yourself and let her know with a serious tone in your voice that you will not tolerate such behavior and excuses from her.

Oga it is your type that finally gets married and start lamenting "I Made a Horrible Mistake by Marrying this Woman", meanwhile it is your Fault from the beginning because you failed to set Boundaries and stamp your Authority as a man that knows what he wants.

People won't like to hear this and I personally dont give a FÚCK, nowadays, Respect is what makes a Relationship last longer and Stronger especially when the Respect is Mutual, Love is just secondary.

If that girl had a good Percentage of Respect for you, she won't have the guts to go through your phone and your Privacy and start giving excuses when you want to go through hers.

You're seeing the "Red Flags" now and you're forming gentleman, your eyes go soon Clear grin grin grin
OGA hold your breath, which authority are you talking about in a relationship. Na army cantonment African man with ego,everything na war. undecided
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Tupaq: 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
Your babe dey knack your guy. That's why she is being secretive!

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by FrankLampard: 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:
Happy new week everyone.
I decided to bring this up on this platform cos I want candid and lucid advice. I be brief on this.

I am a Pharmacist working with one of the government owned health care centre. There's this girl I've been with for more than 2years now. She is a law student in her penultimate year in university. Like most Nigerian relationships, we started with lot of distractions and lacked commitment but over time it remained just the two of us.

At the beginning of this year 2021 we made relationship goals and decided to be transparent to each other. We shared every secrets, went through each others phone and asked questions where necessary. All went well until last month when I went to check on her in the university, asked for her phone as usual wanted checking her whatsapp. She didn't let me, said till she comes for weekend when we'll have good time for that. I was surprised, had my doubts but let it slide. She later came for the weekend, I acted as if I don't care anymore and that was it.

Similar event happened last night after she went through my phone (whatsapp, facebook, twitter etc) cos she has my password but I don't have hers. I unexpectedly asked for her phone too, she said it's late and we should leave it till am back from weekend call later in the evening. I kept my cool last night but was bent on seeing her chat this morning not until she bursted into tears. I ain't perfect, have my flaws but I am free spirited whenever I am around her. It normal for a lady to have lots of guys in her dm, but I think it's a problem when it becomes secretive to your partner.

Should I play along, start having secrets too or what's your thought guys.

NB: I skipped so many things, decided being straight to the point.

Lalasticla...I remain loyal, hoping you'll do the needful smiley

I was in a similar situation with you about a month ago. I just had to end the whole stuff. Relationship without trust is built to fail.

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by ihimiray(m): 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Verily, verily I say unto you, only the sight of a happily derailing brother graciously strolling into the Simp's Legion of Gloom will make NwaAmaikpe toss an overload of global assignments and run to their aid.

It is so sad that in your lineage, neighborhood, work environment and amongst your everyday acquaintances; you'be been unfortunate not to have anyone train you up in the ways of men.

For men only two rules exist; Rule #1 and the Golden rule.
Rule #1: "Trust no one till you've verified".

And

Golden Rule: "No matter the amount of your verifications, never trust a female".

There's an even a peculiar one for Nigerian ladies.

"NEVER EVER TRUST A WOMAN IN A NIGERIAN TERTIARY INSTITUTION" (Triple emphasis on Never Ever')

You my brother have broken the 1st rule, the golden rule and the peculiar rule with a huge smile on your face.
Of all the girls in the world to choose to commit your heart to, why go for an undergraduate?
Those fickle minded broads aren't ready for commitment but just attention thrills, infatuation whims and a race on the fast lane.

Take it or leave it, half the time you've kissed that girl, you've been licking the remnant of one diseased lecturer's semen she has been gulping to scale through in school or that of a lodgemate whose room she goes to charge her phone to chat with you.

To answer your questions.

Yes, it is normal for an attention-deficient, undecided whorre to have so many men in their DM, because that is what they do for a living, get high off flatters and spread their legs for the man with the best tongue.
Sad still, these type of girls get fvcked for free while their pharmacist boyfriend recommends cocktail of drugs to treat infections she claims to have gotten from the hostel toilet.

No committed girlfriend/wife encourages needless Social media communications with men because they know that inspite of all the detours, any man who chats up a woman is ultimately headed to one direction.

Should you play along?
No! Stop playing because you've been playing yourself all along. You need urgent help but my fear is that you are utterly unhelpable and have been condemned by the devil to be a SIMP on earth.
If a grown ass worker like yourself will let a teen in on your secrets, your passwords and worse even; be swayed by her manipulative tears, then I have no words for you and I take back my rants.
I salute you brother
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by BIGNAME2020: 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
You be Ogbeni and the girl na stuck fish wey don dry already.

Both of you are mad angry
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
Let me drop one piece here

You suspect your spouse with the things you actually do
If you cheat you actually suspect she's cheating
If youre shady you suspect she's shady
If you're clean you suspect she's clean

Sho ti ye ee

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Femeto: 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
You suppose fit catch am as she dey type am na grin. No kill yourself over nothing. Also don't share your password with her.

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Omobada(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Verily, verily I say unto you, only the sight of a happily derailing brother graciously strolling into the Simp's Legion of Gloom will make NwaAmaikpe toss an overload of global assignments and run to their aid.

It is so sad that in your lineage, neighborhood, work environment and amongst your everyday acquaintances; you'be been unfortunate not to have anyone train you up in the ways of men.

And

Golden Rule: "No matter the amount of your verifications, never trust a female".

"NEVER EVER TRUST A WOMAN IN A NIGERIAN TERTIARY INSTITUTION" (Triple emphasis on Never Ever')

You my brother have broken the 1st rule, the golden rule and the peculiar rule with a huge smile on your face.
Of all the girls in the world to choose to commit your heart to, why go for an undergraduate?
Those fickle minded broads aren't ready for commitment but just attention thrills, infatuation whims and a race on the fast lane.

Take it or leave it, half the time you've kissed that girl, you've been licking the remnant of one diseased lecturer's semen she has been gulping to scale through in school or that of a lodgemate whose room she goes to charge her phone to chat with you.

Yes, it is normal for an attention-deficient, undecided whorre to have so many men in their DM, because that is what they do for a living, get high off flatters and spread their legs for the man with the best tongue.
Sad still, these type of girls get fvcked for free while their pharmacist boyfriend recommends cocktail of drugs to treat infections she claims to have gotten from the hostel toilet.

No committed girlfriend/wife encourages needless Social media communications with men because they know that inspite of all the detours, any man who chats up a woman is ultimately headed to one direction.

Should you play along?
No! Stop playing because you've been playing yourself all along. You need urgent help but my fear is that you are utterly unhelpable and have been condemned by the devil to be a SIMP on earth.
If a grown ass worker like yourself will let a teen in on your secrets, your passwords and worse even; be swayed by her manipulative tears, then I have no words for you and I take back my rants.

I trust you... You never disappoint...

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by ihimiray(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:

Don't wanna say this, but this is disgusting...I mean there are exception to some things. Not all university girls are thesame. Believe it or not we have family and siblings in the system... not all of them are runs girls...get that clearly.

Thank you for your advice though

nobody is saying they all runs girls... But don't u fall in love with any girl in thr university

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Awoleesu(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
Dear OP,

From your intros, I perceived you're an elite, but the construction and organization of your write-up betrays that toga! Well, I can pardon you, seeing you're apparently not in a fine mood (probably due to the emotions your experience as relayed in the post, may have had on you).

Now, there are gaps (like you did admit) in your narration:

* Did you say she 'burst into tears'? Why would she do that? I understood you only asked to see her phone!

* Why would you deal in an non-exchange relationship! I mean, she has the pass code to your phone but you don't have hers! Relationships should be about give and take...

So, what should you do?

I suggest you be a Man, conquer your fears by taking a bold shot at it! Ask her point blank if she's into double dates. Let her know your true feelings about events (of recent) and make your point(s) clear without precluding the option of parting ways...

He who is faithful in little will also be faithful in plenty...

And remember, a broken date is far better than a broken marriage.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by constance500: 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:
Happy new week everyone.
I decided to bring this up on this platform cos I want candid and lucid advice. I be brief on this.

I am a Pharmacist working with one of the government owned health care centre. There's this girl I've been with for more than 2years now. She is a law student in her penultimate year in university. Like most Nigerian relationships, we started with lot of distractions and lacked commitment but over time it remained just the two of us.

At the beginning of this year 2021 we made relationship goals and decided to be transparent to each other. We shared every secrets, went through each others phone and asked questions where necessary. All went well until last month when I went to check on her in the university, asked for her phone as usual wanted checking her whatsapp. She didn't let me, said till she comes for weekend when we'll have good time for that. I was surprised, had my doubts but let it slide. She later came for the weekend, I acted as if I don't care anymore and that was it.

Similar event happened last night after she went through my phone (whatsapp, facebook, twitter etc) cos she has my password but I don't have hers. I unexpectedly asked for her phone too, she said it's late and we should leave it till am back from weekend call later in the evening. I kept my cool last night but was bent on seeing her chat this morning not until she bursted into tears. I ain't perfect, have my flaws but I am free spirited whenever I am around her. It normal for a lady to have lots of guys in her dm, but I think it's a problem when it becomes secretive to your partner.

Use WhatsApp web
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by mariahAngel(f): 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

And

Should you play along?

You be their papa o! I wu daadii ha! grin

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by wallarwallar(m): 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:
Happy new week everyone.

It will end well for her but end in tears for you.. Boy if she can't allow u 2 check her phone even wen u agreed 2 be open 2 each other then it is time 2 let go or find a replacement by d side so dat wen she hit ur heart wit hammer u go see wia 2 turn 2 avoid suicide..

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by doxxijaw: 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2021
omotola90:
A world where sex is seen as norms in our society... Sex sex everywhere.... It's a pity though

There's nothing wrong with sex in itself but naija own go get k leg.
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Hotguy27: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2021
Most relationships with students do not usually lead to marriage. It only works if the man is already rich, I mean very rich.
Bros, just pretend as if nothing is happening. Lock up too and be prepared for the breakup incase she wants it.
Remember, there are many good ones out there.
Deactivate your mumu button.

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by wunmi590(m): 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2021
DominusPrime:

Would you say this same thing to a man who's wife is cheating? He should not check her phone so that he won't develop heart attack? In other words if your wife is cheating don't check so that she can cheat in peace and you can remain the fool that you are.

You are the big fool,

I can see where your anger is coming from.

No be me be your problem, I'm not the cause of your cheating wife.

Channel your anger toward your cheating wife and yourself tongue
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Iseoluwani: 3:54pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:
Happy new week everyone.

when trust is not found, don't mend it. move on

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Jimmy231: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
It will end in tears we have been there before

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by caracas: 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

This makes a lot of sense
Op if you get sense listen to this write up
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:
Happy new week everyone.

why will you be dating a student? don't you know they are all hoes
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2021
Never ever trust a woman even if she's only 7 years old.
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

And

Should you play along?
Absolute truth

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by whytepawn1(m): 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

And

Should you play along?

You are one crazy dude... But am afraid you make tons of sense...

2 Likes

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
danietohbadt:
The babe is playing you, you too play her.

It's as simple as that.

Haven't you heard?

NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE USELESS.
...ALL OF THEM!

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Richthekid: 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2021
really
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by hedonido: 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
Another swegbe. What is all these checking WhatsApp and Facebook up and down? Which real nigga allows such nonsense? Besides she had your password but you didn't have hers? I stopped reading there.

All these mumu simps dey vex me.

2 Likes

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Duru009(m): 4:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
Small pikin relationship
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Quaddafi29: 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
Hahaha. You never see anything. You want to trust a modern day girl? My dear, you are simply one of the board of directors and never the MD. it's a norm that can never change even in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by IgboWarlord(m): 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
E get some things i go see for this Nairaland ehn,i go dey wish sey Seun add Voice message feature for this app...Some emotions are not properly conveyed with written words,memes or emojis..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
kingjooo:
thank you so much my man,it's very difficult for a gentle man to have a responsible home nowadays
U are welcome brother man, always be incharge of your relationship

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Highlyrespected(m): 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

I love your quotes my guy cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Menses On Wedding Night? / Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food / I Have Hatred Towards Girl After Love Making, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.