Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) (13924 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Ambode Has Just Sold Us To The Hausas In Mile 12 / Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by CrudeOil2(m): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2011
namfav:

you should be ashamed of yourself, good for nothing b3stard

you bloody barbarian! you and your barbaric brothers should be ashamed of yourselves. Ungrateful Parasites!
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by namfav(m): 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2011
Crude Oil:

you bloody barbarian! you and your barbaric brothers should be ashamed of yourselves. Ungrateful Parasites!

you are as thick as crude oil, why should anyone waste their time reasoning with a incompetant b3stard like you?
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by CrudeOil2(m): 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2011
namfav:

you are as thick as crude oil, why should anyone waste their time reasoning with a incompetant b3stard like you?

What pride do you have as an hausa man to speak? you bloody barbarian! are you not ashamed of miserable self?
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Jenifa1: 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

Jenifa_, your empathy is almost too much. I wonder if you suffer from a bit of Stockholm Syndrome grin

Anyway, seeking to understand the motivations of the other side is fine, but I think you've crossed the line into justifying what they are doing. Yes, they might have good reasons (to them) for the crimes they've committed, but it doesn't make their actions acceptable.

I definitely am not justifying what they are doing. that's why I say that we need to hold our leaders accountable for arresting the criminals. I see them first and foremost as criminals not hausas.
the only thing I'm justifying is anti-christian sentiments in the north. but those who act out their sentiments by going on killing rampages. that I do not condone.
I feel that we take out the frustrations about the situation  on our leaders rather than on each other. because how will it help anything except make it worse?

ex. appealing to GEJ to do something about NYSC, finding the perpetrators etc
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2011
Jenifa_:

so, iwonbaoko, what have YOU done to prevent the recurrences? what do you think YOU could do to prevent it? what is YOUR step of action?
have you asked yourself that question? try doing that first.

not saying that I don't understand your anger. but let's not let blind emotions overtake our sensibilities

maybe you are pretending to be foolish or maybe you really are.who knows. did i type my  words in a vacuum or was there a context.asking me that is like asking me what i have done to end racism.
read the thread again.the person i addressed the words to understood their context and spirit.

you are  a mischievous interloper
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Jenifa1: 10:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
iwonbaoko:

asking me that is like asking me what i have done to end racism.

it's not that easy huh?
so why did you address the question to someone else when you can't answer it for yourself?

but ask yourself what you ought to do about this.what have the so-called good mallams ever done to prevent recurrences.

anyways,
if you read the topic title and first post of this topic, you will realize that you do not even belong on this thread.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Jenifa1: 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

Jenifa_, your empathy is almost too much. I wonder if you suffer from a bit of Stockholm Syndrome grin

lol. I had to google that. no I don't suffer from stockholm syndrome.
of course if a criminal broke into my house today I won't hesitate to take actions to protect myself by contacting the authorities.

what I wouldn't do though, is go throw stones at the criminal's sister's house out of anger and incite her (a formally netural person) to join his brother. that will be very irrational and that's what I see on many threads here.
maybe bush can tell you what he gained from waging war on an entire nation for the actions of a few criminals. didn't that just cause more people to "join the cause"?

besides i'm good friends with a few hausas and so that's where the empathy comes from.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2011
Jenifa_:

lol. I had to google that. no I don't suffer from stockholm syndrome.
of course if a criminal broke into my house today I won't hesitate to take actions to protect myself by contacting the authorities.

what I wouldn't do though, is go throw stones at the criminal's sister's house out of anger and incite her (a formally netural person)  to join his brother. that will be very irrational and that's what I see on many threads here.
maybe bush can tell you what he gained from waging war on an entire nation for the actions of a few criminals. didn't that just cause more people to "join the cause"?

besides i'm good friends with a few hausas and so that's where the empathy comes from.

by editing my remarks in this way you misrepresent them.it is not my job to school you.clearly a bit late now. the question was aimed at the addressee in a context which you have deleted and so it is meaningless, the way you misrepresent me.
you have nothing to tell or teach me i did not know before. you do not not belong among
humans
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
I see you guys are still trying to sell sand to the arabs, well done with that.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by CrudeOil2(m): 11:56pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^ lol. The stúpid girl that opened the thread should slapped.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by amor4ce(m): 12:47am On Apr 23, 2011
If this country gets divided and the religious north get their own nation, what is the probability of drone attacks over there within 2 years of separation?
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ektbear: 1:06am On Apr 23, 2011
^-- wth would that happen?

I'm guessing probability is close to nil
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Ystranger: 1:32am On Apr 23, 2011
iwonbaoko:

by editing my remarks in this way you misrepresent them.it is not my job to school you.clearly a bit late now. the question was aimed at the addressee in a context which you have deleted and so it is meaningless, the way you misrepresent me.
you have nothing to tell or teach me i did not know before. you do not not belong among
humans

She is not a Nigerian.

She is a scammer looking for people to swindle. She is latvian

Ajeji ni girl yen, rora pelu e. Omiranu si tuni pelu.

Jeje l'omo eko nlo ti aja bu je
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Ystranger: 1:32am On Apr 23, 2011
Crude Oil:

^^ lol. The stúpid girl that opened the thread should slapped.

+1000000
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by vladimiros: 1:38am On Apr 23, 2011
can`t wait for the divide

then by 2015 North Nigeria can get all kinds of drones on them
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Kilode1: 1:45am On Apr 23, 2011
amor4ce:

If this country gets divided and the religious north get their own nation, what is the probability of drone attacks over there within 2 years of separation?

ekt_bear:

^-- wth would that happen?

I'm guessing probability is close to nil

I understand Nigerian muslims are generally Sunnis not Shia's. Although there are many who practice the Shia beliefs I think they are in the minority. Also the more conservative, more hardline Wahhabi school of islamic thought is not common in Nigeria. And the hardcore Shia beliefs only arrived in the last 30-40 years. I think Sufism was more prevalent in black Africa No?

These are just assumptions from my personal readings. So, I don't expect drones in the North if we can fix the social, economic and political issues they have.

I'm not a Muslim, hopefully more knowledgeable Muslims on the thread will correct my errors if there are any.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by vladimiros: 1:49am On Apr 23, 2011
@ kilode, as long as the elite don`t speak against the mental Islamist

trust me if there is a divide NATO would send drones ASAP

and we have oil in the south NATO would use that as an excuse to drone even more
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by AndyMoore1(m): 10:05am On Apr 23, 2011
You can't blame them for hating on the Hausas for what they've(The Hausas) have done in the past and what they continue to yet do is unwarranted and inhuman
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by omenala(m): 11:18am On Apr 23, 2011
Its every ones duty to maintain peace and order in the society. We shouldn't rely on gej or buhari alone to restore peace, religious leaders, parents etc can contribute, the people destroying lives and property are not ghosts, its time our so called good mallams, ( if there are any) point out those that came out to cause trouble, to the security operatives. But If they(cpc, arewa etc) choose to keep mute and continue to interact, live and worship in the same place with those murderers, then it can be said that they are birds of a feather, an evil lot that we have to seperate from at all costs!
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by fresky(m): 11:54am On Apr 23, 2011
this conflict is simple. instead of allowing them kill hapless NYSC members from other states, let every member of the above group serve in their states of origin, may be if almajiris from kano are killing NYSC members from kano, they may come to their senses.

better still i think lord luggard made a mistake in joining the south and north, these northern people are too backward and nigeria cant make meaningful progress till this cancerous growth is healed or better still removed.
in the long run they might not be moved since they think that western education is a sin, i think the cancerous growth has to be cut off,
wot do u think??
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by publisher(m): 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2011
My thoughts are as follows: i want to encourge all southerners to recognise that the problem here is Hausa/Fulani and not the north. I have never heard of indigenes of Benue,Kogi,Kwara,Southern kaduna,Plateau or Taraba ever killing southerners. So 'the north' is not the enemy,hausa/fulanis are.
We in the south should not derail from obasanjo's master plan which sees the south being in constant alliance with the more progressive middle belt.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by publisher(m): 7:18pm On Apr 23, 2011
My thoughts are as follows: i want to encourge all southerners to recognise that the problem here is Hausa/Fulani and not the north. I have never heard of indigenes of Benue,Kogi,Kwara,Southern kaduna,Plateau or Taraba ever killing southerners. So 'the north' is not the enemy,hausa/fulanis are.
We in the south should not derail from obasanjo's master plan which sees the south being in constant alliance with the more progressive middle belt.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by IbrahimBA1: 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2011
I understand that some people's anger, while totally justifiable totally blinds them from having a discussion on this thread without throwing insults, and other readers are too quick to bite the bait. The acts of the past few days were deplorable, unjustifiable, and the worst of sins against the God (for those who claim they were doing it for religion) they claim to be committing the offended for. Islam dictates clearly that no one is allowed oppress a non-Muslim even in a clearly Muslim society, it even goes further to say that even if outright war were to break out between a Muslim and non-Muslim group, one(Muslim) is clearly prohibited from attacking women and children and anyone who does not pose a clear and present danger to him. Islam, true Islam, preaches respect for the other two JudaioChristian religions, and requires muslim to live in peace with the other descedants of Abraham. Our preachers however after being rained with money from politicians and other weird deplorable reasons preach messages of dissension and hatred causing cracks in societies.

No one, most especially me, can ever make an excuse for the things that have happened, they were unforgiveavable. We, at times of peace, prefer to ignore the fact that we have psychopaths amongst us, and as long as we do not seek a holistic solution to our problem (like ensuring any preacher caught teaching people hatred, or stoking embers that will lead to violence should be dealt with clearly quickly and without mercy, and reinvesting greatly in education, and creating jobs so that these jobless hoodlums have work to do) we will find ourselves suffering an ugly reprisal or worse.

1 Like

Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by obbaj2010: 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2011
It's sad and annoying when one comes to a thread like this and read non sense and rubbish by people who claimed the are educated people. People who have no idea of how diverse and complex the North is. Let me begin by saying that I am a Christian from the Northern part of the country, Bauchi state to be precise. I stand to be corrected but all religious crisis that happened in the North affects the Northern Christians more than the southerners. But people will come to Nairaland and write non sense abusing northerners. We have a good population of Christians who are Northerners but not Hausa/Fulani. Even among the Hausa/Fulani, there are christians and they suffer the same thing as any southerner during crisis.

It is unfortunate that Northern Christians are the must vulnerable in Nigeria today. During crisis in the North, he would be attacked. When there is a reprisal in the south they will still attack him because he is from the North calling him Hausa man. If everyone in the North is Hausa then everyone in the South is either Igbo or Yoruba. A friend lost someone sometimes back in Onitsha during one of the reprisal attack. The person killed was a Christian from Borno state. He was attacked and killed by irate Igbo youths because Igbos where killed in one of the Kano crisis.

Going forward, please if you want to pour out your anger hear by insulting people, direct it to the people concern. Do not generalize. ECWA just lost a lot of members to this crisis from Kaduna to Bauchi, Gombe to Zaria and other places. 28 ECWA churches were burnt across the North. Who the people that attend ECWA church, they are the Northern Christians. I am writing this with emotion and a heavy heart.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by DECOtech(m): 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2011
I don't see essence for this thread. People shld get busy and not waste airtime on hausa barbarians.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by nduchucks: 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2011
obbaj2010:

It's sad and annoying when one comes to a thread like this and read non sense and rubbish by people who claimed the are educated people. People who have no idea of how diverse and complex the North is. Let me begin by saying that I am a Christian from the Northern part of the country, Bauchi state to be precise. I stand to be corrected but all religious crisis that happened in the North affects the Northern Christians more than the southerners. But people will come to Nairaland and write non sense abusing northerners. We have a good population of Christians who are Northerners but not Hausa/Fulani. Even among the Hausa/Fulani, there are christians and they suffer the same thing as any southerner during crisis.

It is unfortunate that Northern Christians are the must vulnerable in Nigeria today. During crisis in the North, he would be attacked. When there is a reprisal in the south they will still attack him because he is from the North calling him Hausa man. If everyone in the North is Hausa then everyone in the South is either Igbo or Yoruba. A friend lost someone sometimes back in Onitsha during one of the reprisal attack. The person killed was a Christian from Borno state. He was attacked and killed by irate Igbo youths because Igbos where killed in one of the Kano crisis.

Going forward, please if you want to pour out your anger hear by insulting people, direct it to the people concern. Do not generalize. ECWA just lost a lot of members to this crisis from Kaduna to Bauchi, Gombe to Zaria and other places. 28 ECWA churches were burnt across the North. Who the people that attend ECWA church, they are the Northern Christians. I am writing this with emotion and a heavy heart.

@obbaj2010, May God give you the strength to bear the losses. The most unfortunate thing is that the government knows the radical Imams and their politician co conspirators who are always behind these unnecessary attacks. Additionally, the government knows or should know when these attacks are in the process of taking place, yet they do nothing to prevent them.

This is the real shame. I hope the new president is strong enough to deal with this issue with utmost urgency otherwise, he himself may not survive for much longer. He will not find it funny when suicide bombers start attacking NASS and even aso rock.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by pleep(m): 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ibrahim BA:

I understand that some people's anger, while totally justifiable totally blinds them from having a discussion on this thread without throwing insults, and other readers are too quick to bite the bait. The acts of the past few days were deplorable, unjustifiable, and the worst of sins against the God (for those who claim they were doing it for religion) they claim to be committing the offended for.  Islam dictates clearly that no one is allowed oppress a non-Muslim even in a clearly Muslim society, it even goes further to say that even if outright war were to break out between a Muslim and non-Muslim group, one(Muslim) is clearly prohibited from attacking women and children and anyone who does not pose a clear and present danger to him. Islam, true Islam, preaches respect for the other two JudaioChristian religions, and requires muslim to live in peace with the other descedants of Abraham. Our preachers however after being rained with money from politicians and other weird deplorable reasons preach messages of dissension and hatred causing cracks in societies.

No one, most especially me, can ever make an excuse for the things that have happened, they were unforgiveavable. We, at times of peace, prefer to ignore the fact that we have psychopaths amongst us, and as long as we do not seek a holistic solution to our problem (like ensuring any preacher caught teaching people hatred, or stoking embers that will lead to violence should be dealt with clearly quickly and without mercy, and reinvesting greatly in education, and creating jobs so that these jobless hoodlums have work to do) we will find ourselves suffering an ugly reprisal or worse.

I agree, i think its important for people to try and not lump all muslims or all Hausas in the same group. Honestly for me i have never met a Hausa that i didn't like, they have all been remarkably honest and kind people. It is sad that we can all get along in the right circumstances but several bad eggs always mess it up.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by lastpage: 12:59am On Apr 24, 2011
@Ibrahim B A
Broda, whence do you get your religious training from?
I am Christian but l have Northern and Southern Muslim friends.
I slept on the same bed for one year, with an Hausa Youth Corper, some years back and till today, we are still Pals.
He never gets angry over nothing (though, l could detect "tiny streak" of "fitful anger" just underneath his skin, if he got really angry but we learnt to live with that and he never lost control of himself anyway).
Tiny signs of the same "streak" l have observed in some of my friends from places like Akwa-Ibom / Calabar and a few places in the East.
Could it be that some TRIBES get "more intensely angry" than others?
Could it be that some TRIBES loose their cool more easily (maybe under provocation), than others?
What are psychologist saying about these "innate behavior"?
I wish someone with knowledge, will provide answers.

Having said the above, l appreciate your position and the candor, in your posts.

Is the Quaran these Imams and their hoodlums read, different from the one you (and others like you) read?

Its obvious that the Religion itself (Whether Christian or Islam) is NOT the Problem, The PROBLEM ARE THE "MORTALS" PLAYING god WITH RELIGION.

Like in the Churches, when the Bible says we should not seek the death of our enemies (As God was pleased with King Solomon, in the Book of 1Kings 3:5, 9 - 13, for not seeking the death of his enemies!); but l still hear the Pastor of my own Church regularly dishing out these "Tsunami Prayer Points" that God should destroy our enemies, during Sunday sermons!
And when you try to draw their attention to what is written in the Bible, they look at you with disdain and some daft members ask you: How dare you question the man of God! shocked  angry

Thus, we are saddled with "Teachers" who themselves, are not learned nor led by the spirit of God;
Satan and Money is their God but they hide under Religion.
Any "True Christian or Muslim" will avoid violence as much as possible and even much more, WILL UNDERSTAND THAT ONLY GOD HAS THE RIGHT TO TAKE ANOTHER MAN'S LIFE.
There is no justification to kill another man, not to mention innocent people like Youth Corpers!

The Almajiri problem needs to be tackled quickly and swiftly.

Northern Muslims MUST also know that "[color=#000099]WESTERN EDUCATION
" (if there is something like that)  is not synonymous with Western culture.
Some parts of "western culture" are pure Evil but Muslims in the North should not keep putting their children at a Social disadvantage by thinking that Studying Mathematics, English, Economics, Philosophy, Sciences and Geography is same as adopting western culture.
[/color]
This is FALSE.

These subjects were actually started and developed early, in the[b] Middle East and Far East[/b]. Later, Europe also caught up in form of the Greeks and Romans. So, its not Western Education, IT IS SIMPLY MODERN EDUCATION.

Moreover, Northern Parents can train their children to learn modern education but avoid immoral values that the West glorifies.
Its time the Governors of the Northern states and the parents who sire these criminals (but refuse to take care of them) are held accountable.
No one should bear children more than they can take care of (at least, be able to provide food and shelter for).
Why would someone who cannot take care of two children, marry four wives and bear 16-Children? Just to now disperse then on the streets?

I read there is a Child Act 2003 Law? I hear the Northern Governors have refused to enforce and sign it into their own state laws? Is these not a show of wickedness?

Even then, all these are no excuses for these "thirst for blood and disrespect for human life".
Its really scary to think that young men will take a "living and alive" grown man, woman or child, someone who could be their own Dad, Mother or sister, someone with the same breath of life in him, like themselves, and use a Knife to cut him to pieces, in warm blood!  angry angry
Even Cannibals kill their victims before eating them for food but these ones just cut them up for fun (they dont even eat them afterwards!  )
What manner of "Human being" can do these? Or are they not humans anymore? Its just Crazy!

I feel so sad about these events. cry cry
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by IbrahimBA1: 8:34am On Apr 24, 2011
@Lastpage, I am not quite sure what your critique of what I wrote is. My last post only tries to state that there are a small minuscule number of people in our society who are sociopaths (I used the word psycopaths though) who try to interpret religion to allow them to spread and enact their hatred. I would never generalize, and/or stereotype an entire people because of an actions of a small group amongst them (although many people have shown that they are totally comfortable stereotyping, northerners, and specifically the Hausa-Fulani Muslim because a few people act like they've got no brains) especially my own people.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by rufflychux(m): 10:08am On Apr 24, 2011
Why Nigeria is corrupt and backwards.

1. Easterners -> Money, Corruption, Blood money, armed robbery.
2. Northeners -> Illiteracy, Uneducated mallams, suicide bombers (illiterate hausa's)
3. Southerners -> Other parts of Nigeria think they own the southerners. As taught in the schools, the three MAJOR LANGUAGES are
A .Hausa
B. Igbo
C. Yoruba

And this is being TAUGHT to children in schools. Discrimination is being taught to children in schools.
The division of Nigeria is being taught in the primary schools.
Instead of UNITING as a country, it is divided into ONLY 3 "major" ethnic groups.

4. Blood money: Many people are being sacrificed to god's and goddesses to bring money, fame and fortune in their lives.

5. Corruption: Bribbery and corruption everwhere. You need to touch people's back pockets if you are to succeed.

6: Armed robbery: Senseless UNEDUCATED armed robbers HIGH ON COCCAINE with red eyes looking to become BILLIONAIRES in just ONE NIGHT.

7: Electricity and water supply: We have the money and technology to make them constant BUT our leaders have AMNESIA

8: Education: Uneducated people everywhere.

9: Hunger Poorverty and Starvation: This website says it all > http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=8Ib&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&q=nigeria+poverty&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=697

Health system: http://ocw.jhsph.edu/courses/brieger/homePageImage.jpg

And of course diseases and hunger and starvation.

Sigh, It is simply heart breaking.

Mind you by the way that Nigeria is BLESSED beyond immagination. But we lost the war even before it started.

Nigeria was a better place in the 1930's uptil when we gained our independence.

EVERYTHING just took a STEEP FALL afterwards. We have parachutes but it keeps getting punctured by a poor, illiterate and corrupt society.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by rufflychux(m): 10:22am On Apr 24, 2011
Nigeria is trying to fly before it learns how to walk.

Nigeria is a drunk pilot.

Nigeria is puncturing it's own parachoote that was designed to keep her airbourne.

Nigeria is the DRUNK pilot behind the Aircraft.

Nigeria is the illiterate BOLD and the bold ILLITERATE.

Nigeria is ruled by DRUNKEN AND CRAZY LEADERS.

Nigeria is drunk and walking backwards with it's eyes closed while fighting over $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nigeria is full of diseases that kill children everyday.

ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by pleep(m): 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2011
My sister who went to school, 4th grade, in Nigeria for a year told me that her teacher taught the kids that Hausas drink human blood and worship Satan. and she and all the other kids belived this, until i told her it was a lie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Senate Should Impeach GEJ – Melaye / Uncertainty As Akeredolu’s Quit Notice Expires Tomorrow / Wike’s Camp Insists On Choosing Successor For PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.