Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) (13930 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Ambode Has Just Sold Us To The Hausas In Mile 12 / Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Beaf: 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2011
phreakabit:

Are you normal at all? Fools like you are the ones that gives Igbos a bad name and make us look like a confused lot! Comparing the SS to Northerners. And even calling them terrorists? Your pea sized brain should have told you that they don't kill the innocent. Yes they kidnap, but they set free " ALIVE!" Those bastards up north are planting bombs in churches and slaughtering anything non-Northern, and you have the guts to compare them to SS'ners? Are you sane? You should put yourself in the place of this SS'ners b4 uttering garbage like you just did. I don't know if you are educated, but if you are then you should know the impacts of oil exploration on an environment. Why should they suffer it and the Abokis get to enjoy the proceeds? Things like that is what fuels their aggression and leads them into what they do. I dont hold anything against them!

LOL!!!

Dude, everyone knows ndu_chucks is a pure Hausa-Fulani man. He only chose that name in order to decieve new people and the unwary.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2011
phreakabit:

I know we SE'ners dont usually get along with SW'ners on this forum. But the quote above is one hell of a brilliant one!
yea and there isn't about to be an outbreak of peace soon angry
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by phreakabit(m): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2011
anyway how come the hausa in ghana and elsewhere are totally different from the one in naija

bloody animal

ba stards!!

They take time out to go to school. This Idiots here just pick up bowls from the dump yard and use it to beg for food and money they use to buy glue and when they can't buy glue they sniff latrines.

Beaf:

LOL!!!

Dude, everyone knows ndu_chucks is a pure Hausa-Fulani man. He only chose that name in order to decieve new people and the unwary.

I thought as much. he just seemed too darn stupid to be Igbo!
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Dave6: 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2011
@Reference, Well said!

Nadanbata, of all the reasons you mentioned as being aetiological in the recurrent unprovoked violence by certain northern muslims against christians and also other ethnicities which only partly holds substance is that of poverty and illiteracy.

Please leave PDP, UN and the Western World out of this! Every human-looking creature is supposed to have at least a human brain.

As for poverty and illiteracy, this has been the major tool for detractors in the northern part of the country.

But please note: Not all the poor citizens(muslims) from the North are ignorant, but most of the ignorant ones live in poverty!

What has been used as a tool to gain political power by most northern politicians since the 80's (what I know of and have witnessed) is the use of Religion as a 'weapon' on fellow muslims and thereafter, on rival politicians.

Many Northern politicians have employed the use of a certain brand of imams, which sadly are abound in mosques in the north to use Religion as a tool for blackmail of members of their congregation.This is where ignorance or level of exposure comes into play.

The ignorant ones which have been known to fall under the lower socioeconomic class happen to make up a great percentage of the gullible lot.The remaining tiny percentage may come from the middle class.
Most middle class and elite members just ignore such messages and go home to practise the true Islam they believe in.
But where the problem actually comes from is that the members of the enlightened group of muslims will be questioned of their faith if they make any attempts to protest such wrong practices by these imams. Even Imams who challenge such practices and promote the real teachings of Islam have been persecuted.

The ultimate result is no one checkmates this ugly trend.What you will then have are hoards of almajiris being reared for political purposes.

Such politicians include all those that have been in the 'ruling class' for up to forty years.
But there is something which interestingly, many have not noticed - the fraction of Enlightened muslims in the lower socioeconomic stratus is increasing tremendously.
They go to mosques, even if political imams are through with their sermons, they just ignore such and try to do the right thing.

This new trend has been well appreciated by these politicians who have been hell-bent on retaining power to themselves in order to have control on these masses amongst other reasons. But with recent developments, a few have decided to leave the political scene for good in the best interest of their safety. Many more will follow in the following weeks.

The recent wave of violence across the north was just the result of this very Religious blackmail game orchestrated by these certain 'politians', with the full knowledge or possible involvement of the cpc candidate, Buhari, and perpetrated by the FEW ignorant population.

But one thing seems certain - Such occurrences will fade out fast with time. Nigerians as a whole are becoming increasingly enlightened.

Whether the recent elections were 100 per cent pure or not, it has been shown that most Nigerians yearn for peaceful coexistence.
Believe it or not, a lot of Northern Muslims that had the courage to come out to vote based on their conscience, voted for President Goodluck. And most of these voters were members of the lower socioec. class.
As usual people will have their different preferences, but there definitely had to be a better candidate. Also many were blackmailed using religion to vote otherwise.

Today a friend and I were discussing recent political events and I was educating him on why most Nigerians preferred GEJ. He argued that even back in Kd, (our home), a lot of people were fed up with the Pdp and wouldn't mind voting for Buhari. I then went on to break down Nigeria's political history of the last 40 years and of course, that of Buhari. Initially, he actually didn't have any favorite candidate, but was a little bit sympathetic to Buhari, but after listening, he started to add things up for himself and realised who Buhari really was.

As we were concluding the discussion, a friend of ours came, (he only understands hausa and maybe arab). He overheard us as we discussed in English as he heard the names of the candidates. Then he told us that he voted for 'Goodluck'. In fact a majority of voters in his settlement voted for Goodluck. (These are Northern Muslims my fellow NL)  He went on to say many who decided to vote within the main metropolis voted for cpc and didn't do that out of their true conscience, as they lamented it to him.My friend who earlier argued with me was totally shocked and convinced of what I earlier told him.  

Well, I don't know about splitting up the Country, but what I know is that Change is here. The old style of politics (Religion/ divide and rule tactic) is fading away fast and we can reach where we want to as One.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by efisher(m): 9:12pm On Apr 21, 2011
There is nothing wrong with being "Hausa". The Hausas are just like every one of us. The problem is the wrongly oriented Nigerians. This problem has been fueled by poverty, illiteracy and retroactive practices. It is mostly a general Nigerian problem however, the north has some peculiarities in terms of certain retroactive practices and higher levels of illiteracy.

There is bound to be conflict in a country where two different laws exist for citizens within the same boundaries. The implementation of Sharia law in part of the country for example, is a perfect recipe for problems. There should be one (1) law to cover everybody; Christian or Muslim. If the current laws do not meet the needs of everyone, we should find a way to make it so. If we intend to move forward as one nation, that has to be the case else, there is no need to be together.

We must share a common ideology or have a good practice for managing interfaces where we do not agree. Everybody has to be treated the same way for equity and fairness to prevail.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by monasor28(m): 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2011
Let Me Wake ALL U Sick Half Educated Individuals And S.O.Bz

If there is anyone who has a right to talk about Nigeria and Nigerians as he likes it is ME.

My mum is from Anambra, My dad from Edo, I grew up in the north east and now am living in Lagos with my sis who is married to a Yoruba guy

So yes i have seen it all. If you really want to know the truth bout this northern-southern thing , Listen

Nigeria is very similar to the U.S , the Jews and Republican's control most of the U.S major decisions. but nobody ever told you the Arabs also tell Oga OBAMA what to do.

If you think am wrong , check the oil prices since libya starting shooting herself. Also consider which countries consumes the most crude oil, it certainly isnt Nigeria, even with our
total black out {NEPA}.

In every economy,monarch,government,community or whatever you call it there is always a ruling class, American does not rule it self -- other economies do

In our dearly beloved country, the ruling class has always been the North - whatever you want to call them - Almajiri's - Illiterate -e.t.c

It's quite painful that the southerner's have refused to wake up from it so called believe that it has monopoly over knowledge, opportuinities e.t.c

In reality the south suffer's the most in this country.

PLEASE - give me the opportunity to defend my statements.

You cannot claim "GEJ" won the PDP primaries with only votes from southern state, neither could he have won without the blessing of people like IBB,GOWON and many more military general who are mostly northerner's - you may or may not have heard of the supreme ruling council, lantan boys and KD Mafia - All northern dominated power broking sects.

Believe it or not the north has more son's and daughter's in government parastatals - military,immigration,custom, you name it.

The south has more son and daughter in America and London - cleaning toilets and washing dead bodies for money, it is the south we have to blame for 419, human trafficking which is one of the major exports of my state - Edo.

Could GEJ have become president will only votes from the south - i think not - though some of his major number's did come from the south. southern votes alone where not sufficient for him - if ur maths is good - do the subtraction.

I read somewhere on nairaland - where someone said northerner are more politically informed than southerner's - this is very true - a truism which has proved itself over and over again.

Many of the things i know i do not read in the papers, my friends still in the north intimate me about the real nitty gritty. On how Obasanjo and IBB plotted to destroy turaki's condidacy - yes - its true IBB never wanted to become president he was a distraction.

Lets just SEE GEJ victory for what is, and this is also what my watchman a kanuri by tribe from maiduguri shared with me,

Anybody can rule Nigeria, if you make the right friends, GEJ , is loved and accepted by the most powerful men in the north.

Do your home work, CPC even tried to harm some of them, the CPC dude did not win for simple reasons . , he is  not a intellectual and therefore cannot cope with the rigmaroll and diplomatic manuever besides GEJ is a neutral man- from the oil region.

And we all know who the region the biggest petroleum marketers are from , our friend dangote is a pdp man - sultan is also pdp , there are so many.

I know it is painful but only the northerner have the political genius.planning.grace to keep Nigeria intact, we are only valuable together, if we seperate we all DIE.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by naijangel7(f): 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2011
now am living in Lagos with my sis who is married to a Yoruba guy

this is also what my watchman a kanuri by tribe from maiduguri shared with me

@monasor, you live with your sister how can you have a "watchman"?
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by phreakabit(m): 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2011
monasor28:

If there is anyone who has a right to talk about Nigeria and Nigerians as he likes it is ME.

My mum is from Anambra, My dad from Edo, I grew up in the north east and now am living in Lagos with my sis who is married to a Yoruba guy

So yes i have seen it all. If you really want to know the truth bout this northern-southern thing ,  Listen

Nigeria is very similar to the U.S ,  the Jews and Republican's control most of the U.S major decisions. but nobody ever told you the Arabs also tell Oga OBAMA what to do.

If you think am wrong ,  check the oil prices since libya starting shooting herself. Also consider which countries consumes the most crude oil, it certainly isnt Nigeria, even with our
total black out {NEPA}.

In every economy,monarch,government,community or whatever you call it there is always a ruling class,  American does not rule it self -- other economies do

In our dearly beloved country, the ruling class has always been the North - whatever you want to call them - Almajiri's - Illiterate -e.t.c

It's quite painful that the southerner's have refused to wake up from it so called believe that it has monopoly over knowledge, opportuinities e.t.c

You cannot claim "GEJ" won the PDP primaries with only votes from southern state, neither could he have won without the blessing of people like IBB,GOWON and many more military general who are mostly northerner's - you may or may not have heard of the supreme ruling council, lantan boys and KD Mafia - All northern dominated power broking sects.

Believe it or not the north has more son's and daughter's in government parastatals - military,immigration,custom, you name it.

The south has more son and daughter in America and London - cleaning toilets and washing dead bodies for money,  it is the south we have to blame for 419, human trafficking which is one of the major exports of my state - Edo.

Could GEJ have become president will only votes from the south - i think not - though some of his major number's did come from the south. southern votes alone where not sufficient for him - if your maths is good - do the subtraction.

I read somewhere on nairaland - where someone said northerner are more politically informed than southerner's - this is very true - a truism which has proved itself over and over again.

Many of the things i know i do not read in the papers, my friends still in the north intimate me about the real nitty gritty. On how Obasanjo and IBB plotted to destroy turaki's condidacy - yes - its true IBB never wanted to become president he was a distraction.

Lets just SEE GEJ victory for what is, and this is also what my watchman a kanuri by tribe from maiduguri shared with me,

Anybody can rule Nigeria, if you make the right friends,  GEJ ,  is loved and accepted by the most powerful men in the north.

Do your home work, CPC even tried to harm some of them,  the CPC dude did not win for simple reasons . ,  he is  not a intellectual and therefore cannot cope with the rigmaroll and diplomatic manuever besides GEJ is a neutral man- from the oil region.

And we all know who the region the biggest petroleum marketers are from ,  our friend dangote is a pdp man - sultan is also pdp ,  there are so many.

I know it is painful but only the northerner have the political genius.planning.grace to keep Nigeria intact,  we are only valuable together,  if we seperate we all DIE.

Shut up! you speaking anus. Calling NL users half educated. I guess you think you deserve a standing ovation for being well. . .  A well traveled mongrel, you say you are in Lagos, yet your avatar reads MAIDUGURI. You Northerners are so slow and stup!d! I sometime wonder if its humanly possible to be that stup!d. You try to come across as a Southerner, yet all you have to say about the Southerners are bad things. BTW who the bleep is Turaki? Another one of your demented small brained nitwit leaders?  A no body! Who do you think,would have voted him? I don't know why you guys keep stressing on the Nigeria thing if you are just going to continue killing the people who can make a difference in this country. Oh yes! i mean the Southerners are the only ones smart enough to do anything meaningful for Nigeria. All the Northern man can do with his restricted intelligence is come up with another meat based snack like Suya and kilishi! Let the south go form their own republic and the North go create THE AREWA REPUBLIC OF BOKOHARAM. Since thats what they have been clamoring for.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by nduchucks: 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2011
phreakabit:

Are you normal at all? Fools like you are the ones that gives Igbos a bad name and make us look like a confused lot! Comparing the SS to Northerners. And even calling them terrorists? Your pea sized brain should have told you that they don't kill the innocent. Yes they kidnap, but they set free " ALIVE!" Those bastards up north are planting bombs in churches and slaughtering anything non-Northern, and you have the guts to compare them to SS'ners? Are you sane? You should put yourself in the place of this SS'ners b4 uttering garbage like you just did. I don't know if you are educated, but if you are then you should know the impacts of oil exploration on an environment. Why should they suffer it and the Abokis get to enjoy the proceeds? Things like that is what fuels their aggression and leads them into what they do. I dont hold anything against them!

What's your prolem? Our Yoruba people talk say, ewo lo kan mi ni'inu oku iya Adele? meaning wettin concern Ashawo wey get condom with gonorrhea.

Pick a particular point I made which you are in disagreement with, and provide a superior point and I'll appreciate that more than your childish and bigoted rants.

@Beaf, wettin be ya own? 

@monasor28, truth is bitter - expect vicious attacks for your write-up shortly.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by phreakabit(m): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2011
ndu_chucks:

What's your prolem? Our Yoruba people talk say, ewo lo kan mi ni'inu oku iya Adele? meaning wettin concern Ashawo wey get condom with gonorrhea.

Pick a particular point I made which you are in disagreement with, and provide a superior point and I'll appreciate that more than your childish and bigoted rants.

@Beaf, wettin be ya own? 

@monasor28, truth is bitter - expect vicious attacks for your write-up shortly.

The wise speak to the wise and leave the foolish waiting in anticipation of a response.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by okunoba(m): 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2011
@NDU-CHUKS, you are so right,
"You southerners have colluded with the so-called leaders of the North long enough and you are co conspirators, perpetrating all types of attrocities upon the masses, ensuring that we remain uneducated"

The system practiced in the North is the problem, kids in the north don`t go to normal school like you do in the south, they attend Koranic schools. The studies can sometime take up to ten years. This is where they are turned to religious zombies. These kids are denied access to any form of modern day education. They are trained to always listen to the imams, in reality they become zombies, ready to be manipulated by the power that be. The ability to think for themselves  is taken away from them from a very early age. The have to go on the street to beg for food and money to survive. Some of them never see any family member for years, they are abused both physically and mentally by the imams. All these abuse is what as taken away their humanity and turned them into wild beast. We are all products of our upbringing
While we the so called educated, are busy insulting the average Northerner and the voiceless Almajiri, the inhumane system  is still in place. With no programme in place to address the issue, millions more will be graduating every year, into a life of destitute, with no education or skills, but armed with the knowledge of the Koran.
If they grow big enough they might one day  unleash reign of terror on the country., and this time non would be spared, even if you are Muslim Hausa, as long as you are not one of them. U still a gunner. Are we going to  to be the voice for these voiceless Almajiri`s  or are we still going to carry on de-humanizing them. As long as we southerners keep quiet, we must take some responsibility for this anomality in Northern Nigeria.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2011
monasor28:

So yes i have seen it all. If you really want to know the truth bout this northern-southern thing ,  Listen

Nigeria is very similar to the U.S ,  the Jews and Republican's control most of the U.S major decisions. but nobody ever told you the Arabs also tell Oga OBAMA what to do.

If you think am wrong ,  check the oil prices since libya starting shooting herself. Also consider which countries consumes the most crude oil, it certainly isnt Nigeria, even with our
total black out {NEPA}.

In every economy,monarch,government,community or whatever you call it there is always a ruling class,  American does not rule it self -- other economies do

The south has more son and daughter in America and London - cleaning toilets and washing dead bodies for money,  it is the south we have to blame for 419, human trafficking which is one of the major exports of my state - Edo.

Could GEJ have become president will only votes from the south - i think not - though some of his major number's did come from the south. southern votes alone where not sufficient for him - if your maths is good - do the subtraction.

Anybody can rule Nigeria, if you make the right friends,  GEJ ,  is loved and accepted by the most powerful men in the north.

Do your home work, CPC even tried to harm some of them,  the CPC dude did not win for simple reasons . ,  he is  not a intellectual and therefore cannot cope with the rigmaroll and diplomatic manuever besides GEJ is a neutral man- from the oil region.

And we all know who the region the biggest petroleum marketers are from ,  our friend dangote is a pdp man - sultan is also pdp ,  there are so many.

[size=14pt]I know it is painful but only the northerner have the political genius.planning.grace to keep Nigeria intact,  we are only valuable together,  if we seperate we all DIE.[/size]

You are NOT Edo. People from Edo state don't think along these lines and have too much pride to write crap like this part in bold.

Or at least, if you are what you say you are, you're a completely Northernized southerner who grew up licking Northern behind in order to be accepted by his friends in Borno. Grow a spine and get some self-respect.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by phreakabit(m): 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2011
okunoba:

@NDU-CHUKS, you are so right,
"You southerners have colluded with the so-called leaders of the North long enough and you are co conspirators, perpetrating all types of attrocities upon the masses, ensuring that we remain uneducated"

The system practiced in the North is the problem, kids in the north don`t go to normal school like you do in the south, they attend Koranic schools. The studies can sometime take up to ten years. This is where they are turned to religious zombies. These kids are denied access to any form of modern day education. They are trained to always listen to the imams, in reality they become zombies, ready to be manipulated by the power that be. The ability to think for themselves  is taken away from them from a very early age. The have to go on the street to beg for food and money to survive. Some of them never see any family member for years, they are abused both physically and mentally by the imams. All these abuse is what as taken away their humanity and turned them into wild beast. We are all products of our upbringing
While we the so called educated, are busy insulting the average Northerner and the voiceless Almajiri, the inhumane system  is still in place. With no programme in place to address the issue, millions more will be graduating every year, into a life of destitute, with no education or skills, but armed with the knowledge of the Koran.
If they grow big enough they might one day  unleash reign of terror on the country., and this time non would be spared, even if you are Muslim Hausa, as long as you are not one of them. U still a gunner. Are we going to  to be the voice for these voiceless Almajiri`s  or are we still going to carry on de-humanizing them. As long as we southerners keep quiet, we must take some responsibility for this anomality in Northern Nigeria.

Ehyaa! cry . I will tell you how we can help all these voiceless Almajiri's as you refer to them. Send them to the South East, we will help "educate" them a little, Ok.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Reference(m): 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2011
Well, I've said it. Nigeria is changing. If you must come out of the caliphate for votes in the future you must tell us how you plan to muzzle your dogs first before telling us how to clean our houses. Why won't they slaughter corpers. Do they know how important education is, how difficult it is to attain it in this country they've ruined and how expensive it is. Folks, just spare a moment of thought for the mourning parents of these heroes who just a few days ago must have been proud of their sons and daughters on national duty serving to make history and deliver political change now in the grave horribly cut down by those who have no value whatsoever for progress.

I am sure some of these parents are poorer than the pitiable excuses for human beings that cut them down yet had worked hard to make the future of their children bright. Is poverty not in the south. My mum carried stones on construction sites and traded her way to education for herself and us then one ruffian will slaughter her children on the eve of her rest and come back for her vote. Sick. Good night. Sick.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by kuka700: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2011
@jenifa d poster
i am hausa from katsina state. i think it is our northern leaders who ruled this country for long years that have caused us much problems. for all those years they ruled, they never did anything tangible for the masses. the government then was dominated with corruption and self enrichment. the masses bacame aware of this reality; and when buhari a person known for integrity presented himself, the northern masses accepted him as their messiah. thus he gained a large support from them. he vied for president in 2003 but lost; the elections were rigged. he want to the court but judiciary was bad. he vied again in 2007 but the election was more heavily rigged this time. the rigging was so provocative because it involved physical use of force by the incumbent govt then. it involved thumb printing, snatching and stuffing of ballot boxes by those in power. the masses were frustrated. they were shown power of incumbency. buhari went to court again but to no avail. this time around, in 2011 he said he was not going to court as it was useless; buhari told the masses to protect their votes and reject rigging. this potrayed buhari as the vilian while GEJ was calling for peace and condenming violence and thus seemed like the good guy.
as for the violence and killings that ensued after the elections, it was committed by northern agberos, street boys who have nothing doing but always intoxicated by smokng marijuana. they are uneducated, poor and unemployed. they barely have a good understanding of islam too. they are just waiting for any opportunity to cause chaos. they loot, damsge properties and kill. some of them also have a wrong perception of the wars islam fought against unbelieves in those days. so when such chaotic situation arise, they think its OK to kill the xtians. no educated northerner will do that.
for the born to rule mentatlity, ive never known of it. i dont know if the northern elites had any delibrate plan or agenda towards that effect. even if they did, the common northerner didnt know about it. however, what i know is that, the common northerner is in most cases religiously biased. he always has religious sentiments. this is typical of an islamic state. what the uneducated northern masses always forget is that nigeria is not an islamic state.
this problem has it roots in the issue of secularism. i believe xtianity also faced this prob at one time. in orthodox traditional islam, the church (mosque) is not separated from the state. so uptill this time, islam is still being faced with the issue of secularism. it almost seems that in islam, the church is inseparable from the state. however, these days, new ways of thinking and interpretation have begun springing up which seems to be giving way to secularism but it mey still take some time for it become fully accepted and integrated in islamic societies.
the almajiris are students. today, they are seen as nuisance becuase they do more evil than good. the almajiri system is an old educational system which was very functional in those days. it involved students living their homes to travel to a long distance to seek knowledge. it was a difficult endeavor that required patience and persevernce. with the system, the students learnt good morals and knowledge. plus it was free of charge. however, the system is not functional today because it produces more bad students than good. some people in the rural areas still believe in this system and because they cannot afford the cost of western education they still patronize this old system of education.
sorrry for the poor construct and language.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by nagoma(m): 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2011
I know what you mean phrekabit,I was somewhere there some years ago and nearly ended up in the big pot!
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by louchi: 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2011
yep, that says it all and proves my perception to be right. religion is keepin northerners in shackles, meaning they cant think for themselves anymore, hence the mob mentality.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGhu3jDKjyk&feature=related

yoruba version of indomie, i couldn't find the igbo version,
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ektbear: 10:46pm On Apr 21, 2011
@kuka700: great post.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

@kuka700: great post.

rofl @ your sig
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by LadyT(f): 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2011
When Hausas were in power what did they do for their own people?

You can blame lack of education and lack of sense on the PDP. Other tribes have muslims why is the Hausa peoples own so different?

Someone please answer angry
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2011
kuka this is not just almajiris.remember the slaughter of schoolchildren in lagos following the mile 12 dispute and similar other incidents of butchery across nigeria.the issue is an approach to conflict that is bestial.this is a cultural issue and cannot  be dressed in any other garb.was it almajiris that butchered  southerners in1967.people may be unaware of the KANO RIOTS OF THE 50's because  it is less well published .if these events are carried  out by a minority  without  the  tacit  support of the majority explain why not one  person has ever been convicted of these monstrosities
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 21, 2011
LadyT:

When Hausas were in power what did they do for their own people?

You can blame lack of education and lack of sense on the PDP.  Other tribes have muslims why is the Hausa peoples own so different?

Someone please answer  angry

they pay for hajj tripps for them cheesy
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2011
Alternative ko, try selling sand to an arab first.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ektbear: 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

rofl @ your sig

hehe
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by kulutempa: 1:16am On Apr 22, 2011
kuka700:

@jenifa d poster
i am hausa from katsina state. i think it is our northern leaders who ruled this country for long years that have caused us much problems. for all those years they ruled, they never did anything tangible for the masses. the government then was dominated with corruption and self enrichment. the masses bacame aware of this reality; and when buhari a person known for integrity presented himself, the northern masses accepted him as their messiah. thus he gained a large support from them. he vied for president in 2003 but lost; the elections were rigged. he want to the court but judiciary was bad. he vied again in 2007 but the election was more heavily rigged this time. the rigging was so provocative because it involved physical use of force by the incumbent govt then. it involved thumb printing, snatching and stuffing of ballot boxes by those in power. the masses were frustrated. they were shown power of incumbency. buhari went to court again but to no avail. this time around, in 2011 he said he was not going to court as it was useless; buhari told the masses to protect their votes and reject rigging. this potrayed buhari as the vilian while GEJ was calling for peace and condenming violence and thus seemed like the good guy.
as for the violence and killings that ensued after the elections, it was committed by northern agberos, street boys who have nothing doing but always intoxicated by smokng marijuana. they are uneducated, poor and unemployed. they barely have a good understanding of islam too. they are just waiting for any opportunity to cause chaos. they loot, damsge properties and kill. some of them also have a wrong perception of the wars islam fought against unbelieves in those days. so when such chaotic situation arise, they think its OK to kill the xtians. no educated northerner will do that.
for the born to rule mentatlity, ive never known of it. i dont know if the northern elites had any delibrate plan or agenda towards that effect. even if they did, the common northerner didnt know about it. however, what i know is that, the common northerner is in most cases religiously biased. he always has religious sentiments. this is typical of an islamic state. what the uneducated northern masses always forget is that nigeria is not an islamic state.
this problem has it roots in the issue of secularism. i believe xtianity also faced this prob at one time. in orthodox traditional islam, the church (mosque) is not separated from the state. so uptill this time, islam is still being faced with the issue of secularism. it almost seems that in islam, the church is inseparable from the state. however, these days, new ways of thinking and interpretation have begun springing up which seems to be giving way to secularism but it mey still take some time for it become fully accepted and integrated in islamic societies.
the almajiris are students. today, they are seen as nuisance becuase they do more evil than good. the almajiri system is an old educational system which was very functional in those days. it involved students living their homes to travel to a long distance to seek knowledge. it was a difficult endeavor that required patience and persevernce. with the system, the students learnt good morals and knowledge. plus it was free of charge. however, the system is not functional today because it produces more bad students than good. some people in the rural areas still believe in this system and because they cannot afford the cost of western education they still patronize this old system of education.

@kuka700, please don't apologise for anything, because I think your comment is the best so far on this thread and I find it very enlightening. I can also see why Northern muslims would not necessarily accept Yoruba or Ibo muslims because they are the products of a religious/educational and social system which is quite unlike what even southern Nigerian muslims have gone through. It looks like what Nigeria is facing is not only a clash of civilisations and cultures but a conflict of outlooks, lifestyles, value systems and world views. A perfect example would be putting Saudis and Italians together in one country and expect them to get along fine. Fellow Nigerians, we have a really serious problem on our hands and it is time we sit up and face it squarely. Some form of arrangement that caters and allows for these fundamental and irreconciliable differences would have to be considered and agreed upon by our leaders otherwise we would just continue going around in the same vicious and deadly cycle. We should also realise that Northern and Southern Nigeria were merged together by the British for administrative convenience and to serve their interests, not ours. The master has long since left and the three servants now have to consider whether it is still worth their while to continue to live together under the same roof and if so on what terms. Just my two kobo and thanks once again to kuka700 for his contribution.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ektbear: 1:22am On Apr 22, 2011
kulutempa:

We should also realise that Northern and Southern Nigeria were merged together by the British for administrative convenience and to serve their interests, not ours. The master has long since left and the three servants now have to consider whether it is still worth their while to continue to live together under the same  roof and if so on what terms.
+1000. We shouldn't be afraid of renegotiating Nigeria.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Katsumoto: 1:26am On Apr 22, 2011
kulutempa:

@kuka700, please don't apologise for anything, because I think your comment is the best so far on this thread and I find it very enlightening.  I can also see why Northern muslims would not necessarily accept Yoruba or Ibo muslims because they are the products of a religious/educational and social system which is quite unlike what even southern Nigerian muslims have gone through.  It looks like what Nigeria is facing is not only a clash of civilisations and cultures but a conflict of outlooks, lifestyles, value systems and world views.   A perfect example would be putting Saudis and Italians together in one country and expect them to get along fine.    Fellow Nigerians, we have a really serious problem on our hands and it is time we sit up and face it squarely.   Some form of arrangement that caters and allows for these fundamental and irreconciliable differences would have to be considered and agreed upon by our leaders otherwise we would just continue going around in the same vicious and deadly cycle.  We should also realise that Northern and Southern Nigeria were merged together by the British for administrative convenience and to serve their interests, not ours.   The master has long since left and the three servants now have to consider whether it is still worth their while to continue to live together under the same  roof and if so on what terms.   Just my two kobo and thanks once again to kuka700 for his contribution.

I agree with your post completely. There is a fundamental problem and until that problem is addressed, innocent lives will continue to be lost. On the issue of whether Nigeria splits or not, I use only one factor to decide - the value of human life. If individuals are hacked to death like poultry animals by fellow citizens then I see no reason why the various regions should continue to share the same geographical space. It is normal for regions in a country to despise one another but it is not normal for groups of people to hack other groups to death simply because they belong to different E.G or share different religious beliefs.

NO MAN can create life and the manner in which people are cut down sickens me. I value the diversity that Nigerians and the economic value that derives from association but not at the risk to ONE SINGLE LIFE. There is simply no point for the continued existence of Nigeria if citizens are not free to live in regions outside their own. I feel particularly for the following people

1. Youth corpers
2. Employees with no choice but having to accept work placements in the North and their families
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Beaf: 1:49am On Apr 22, 2011
Dav.e:

@Reference, Well said!

Nadanbata, of all the reasons you mentioned as being aetiological in the recurrent unprovoked violence by certain northern muslims against christians and also other ethnicities which only partly holds substance is that of poverty and illiteracy.

Please leave PDP, UN and the Western World out of this! Every human-looking creature is supposed to have at least a human brain.

As for poverty and illiteracy, this has been the major tool for detractors in the northern part of the country.

But please note: Not all the poor citizens(muslims) from the North are ignorant, but most of the ignorant ones live in poverty!

What has been used as a tool to gain political power by most northern politicians since the 80's (what I know of and have witnessed) is the use of Religion as a 'weapon' on fellow muslims and thereafter, on rival politicians.

Many Northern politicians have employed the use of a certain brand of imams, which sadly are abound in mosques in the north to use Religion as a tool for blackmail of members of their congregation.This is where ignorance or level of exposure comes into play.

The ignorant ones which have been known to fall under the lower socioeconomic class happen to make up a great percentage of the gullible lot.The remaining tiny percentage may come from the middle class.
Most middle class and elite members just ignore such messages and go home to practise the true Islam they believe in.
But where the problem actually comes from is that the members of the enlightened group of muslims will be questioned of their faith if they make any attempts to protest such wrong practices by these imams. Even Imams who challenge such practices and promote the real teachings of Islam have been persecuted.

The ultimate result is no one checkmates this ugly trend.What you will then have are hoards of almajiris being reared for political purposes.

Such politicians include all those that have been in the 'ruling class' for up to forty years.
But there is something which interestingly, many have not noticed - the fraction of Enlightened muslims in the lower socioeconomic stratus is increasing tremendously.
They go to mosques, even if political imams are through with their sermons, they just ignore such and try to do the right thing.

This new trend has been well appreciated by these politicians who have been hell-bent on retaining power to themselves in order to have control on these masses amongst other reasons. But with recent developments, a few have decided to leave the political scene for good in the best interest of their safety. Many more will follow in the following weeks.

The recent wave of violence across the north was just the result of this very Religious blackmail game orchestrated by these certain 'politians', with the full knowledge or possible involvement of the cpc candidate, Buhari, and perpetrated by the FEW ignorant population.

But one thing seems certain - Such occurrences will fade out fast with time. Nigerians as a whole are becoming increasingly enlightened.

Whether the recent elections were 100 per cent pure or not, it has been shown that most Nigerians yearn for peaceful coexistence.
Believe it or not, a lot of Northern Muslims that had the courage to come out to vote based on their conscience, voted for President Goodluck. And most of these voters were members of the lower socioec. class.
As usual people will have their different preferences, but there definitely had to be a better candidate. Also many were blackmailed using religion to vote otherwise.

Today a friend and I were discussing recent political events and I was educating him on why most Nigerians preferred GEJ. He argued that even back in Kd, (our home), a lot of people were fed up with the Pdp and wouldn't mind voting for Buhari. I then went on to break down Nigeria's political history of the last 40 years and of course, that of Buhari. Initially, he actually didn't have any favorite candidate, but was a little bit sympathetic to Buhari, but after listening, he started to add things up for himself and realised who Buhari really was.

As we were concluding the discussion, a friend of ours came, (he only understands hausa and maybe arab). He overheard us as we discussed in English as he heard the names of the candidates. Then he told us that he voted for 'Goodluck'. In fact a majority of voters in his settlement voted for Goodluck. (These are Northern Muslims my fellow NL) He went on to say many who decided to vote within the main metropolis voted for cpc and didn't do that out of their true conscience, as they lamented it to him.My friend who earlier argued with me was totally shocked and convinced of what I earlier told him.

Well, I don't know about splitting up the Country, but what I know is that Change is here. The old style of politics (Religion/ divide and rule tactic) is fading away fast and we can reach where we want to as One.

I really enjoy reading your posts, they are always measured and well thought out. I pray that you and other Northerners in your mould take up the reigns of Northern leadership, and there could yet be shared hopes.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Jenifa1: 2:15am On Apr 22, 2011
kuka700:

@jenifa d poster

I appreciate this post very much. I am glad to see your comment.
I am especially interested in the highlighted part of your post though. when you say that new ways of thinking is springing up, how rapidly or slowly is this change occurring? among which class of people in the north? and in what forms are the changes occurring (ex. what are people doing differently/ that new thoughts are people starting to have)?
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by gadogado(m): 3:59am On Apr 22, 2011
It never fails to have my ribs crack ingwhenever southerners try to analyze the north, you know so little of it, about it, its history and even the religion. You draw (especially beaf) the most ignorant generalizations and stereotypes an individual with a brain could possibly muster. Its beyond imagination.
Just to correct some misconceptions.

1)The average northerner would be the happiest man alive if this country were to split. He wants a muslim nation with a muslim ummah, thats preferable to him.

2) Beaf, Almajiri culture extends to Senegal and even Sudan, its not just "Hausa culture" Almajiri's started out as islamic students who were sent to quranic schools far away from home and lived the monk lifestyle. Whether or not this practice is still compatible with modernity is another question entirely.

3) Hausa-Fulani people have more knowledge of southerners, way more than southerners do of them!! The difference is all too glaring. The superiority complex stems from the simple fact that he, the hausa man learned to read and write hundreds of years before southern tribes knew what an alphabet was and were socially indoctrinated and thoroughly colonized by white colonialists. Hausa's hail from the east, Nubia to be exact, they have a glorious history, they stumbled on reading and writing in their contact with arabs through trans-saharan trade routes in the 13th century or before. They weren't colonized by arabs. So I'm giving you the root of any perceived complexes and prejudices Hausa's have regarding southern Nigerians. You call them illiterates, they call you ignorant slaves. HAHAHAHA If only you knew!

4) I'd love to split the country, the only thing keeping southern Nigerians united at this juncture is your mutual hatred for the north, once a split is concluded, you'll turn on each other in your pursuit to dominate each other. The north would not have such a problem because there is a clear block majority.

5) Oil is not a requisite for livelihood nor is it one for prosperity and growth. Nigerians go to many non oil exporting countries as economic refugees. So you can quit with this north loves oil mantra. It deviates from the facts on the ground.

6) I detest sharing a passport with southerners because I cannot travel anywhere without being suspected of being dishonest, fraudulent and scheming. Northerners are certainly not the ones that bring Nigeria this dirty image because their religion teaches being content and having pride in what you have.

7) I reiterate, I'd love a split, absolutely wish for it. But Both southern and Northern elite would rather keep the status quo because it serves them in numerous ways. If you heard what Odien Ajumogobia said to the council on foreign relations, you'll understand exactly what I'm attempting to point out. if 2015 is the year Nigeria will split then I wish as a northerner that i could fast forward to that day. Typical northerners want to split more than you do. Go if you have the liver and ask them in kaduna or kano.

cool Nigeria serves the interests of not more than 10,000 individuals to whom all are in bondage to and these people have insisted that it remain one country to furnish their interests. The average northerner sees no oil money, smells non of it because its hoarded by the so called "elite" a split therefore implies he is losing absolutely nothing.

9) The fact remains that southern Nigerians understand so little of the north. It is clear from all that I hear and read that this is the case. Will beaf's comments on nairaland change anything or will nairaland have even the minutest baring on what happens in Nigeria, absolutely not!!! You feel you hate northerners, trust me when I tell you they hate you more at this point!

10) the OP said alternative perspective and some of you jumped to spray your hateful venom. The funny thing is which is my last point that northerners are not nearly as bigoted as southerners. Kano voted en mass for MKO Abiola over Bashir Tofa who is from Kano. The north voted overwhelmingly for MKO in 1993. Some how I doubt that southerners would vote for a northerner to that extent. PLEASE break this country up, this is what the majority want but will the slave masters oblige?

11) The riots in the north, where emirs (traditional symbols of islam) palaces were burned to the ground! What does that imply? that the riots are generally over perceived injustices, pent up frustrations, suspicion of colluding to disenfranchise them and deep mutual suspicion that exists between them and xtians and southerners!! Instead of wasting your energy on insulting northerners, why not divert it towards making our dream of a split come true?
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by adconline(m): 4:15am On Apr 22, 2011
@ Nadanbata

If you see North as the problem you are facing in your own village. Why aint your leaders fighting for your position and secession from Nigeria Or is it another Northener running things in your domain?

Why arent your governors preforming well for your people? Or is it Dan Fodio who proclaim Jihad if you provide jobs/security ect etc for your people?

The point is that you have not cleared the air on why would northerners kill southerners enmass without targeting Northern politicians and leaders who have inflicted so much hardship on them. Why are southerners always their target? In almost every society, killing is abhored, yet these folks take glory in wasting human lives. BTW, who told you that CPC would have made things better for these blood suckers? They are killing people because a southerner won, not because of PDP ; Yar'dua was in PDP and there was no riot when he won even though there was rigging. What a double standard!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

El-zakzaky Drags FG To Court, Demands N2bn General Damages / ₦614 Billion Bailout: FG Begins Deducting From States’ Allocations / Tambuwal Visits Olusegun Obasanjo In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.