Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Family Problems About Remarrying - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Problems About Remarrying (78595 Views)

Battling spiritual family problems / Advice Concerning :family Problems About Remarrying / Family Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by streetsoldier1(m): 8:33pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:
I need serious advise from experienced nairalanders, please forgive my lengthy message because it requires detailed explanations.

I lost my wife exactly 3 months ago, 4 years of relationship and 13 years of marriage with her before she passed on, she left behind 3kids, 13yr old girl 7yr and 3yr old boys. I understand marriages are full of their challenges but we have been through the journey and we came out victorious having a loving and happy home, a union other partners appreciates.

My late wife was so organized and we trainned my kids to be independent while she travels on local business trips. So I just needed to continue our family habit of buying and stocking everything at home while they manage themselves with the help of an older maid who has been part of the family for many years, in short, we are faring quite well as I continue to mourn my wife and carry on with life.

Here is the problem, from a lot of condolence messages coming in on my Facebook, I had the chance to reply some of them 2weeks ago, I met this single mother of two who invited my kids to her daughter's birthday party, i was reluctant but she said it is time to start taking the kids out since they are yet to resume school, exactly what they needed at that point was the usual outing which has been missing for a while since their mother's sickness and after her demise, approx 6months in total. She said it's not a loud party that she needed only my kids for the small sitting room party.

I decided, went to the party with the kids, it was fun for the kids, I have not seen them happy like that in a long while, it made me happy too, they fell in love with the two sisters and their mother all like a miracle, my little 3year old boy started calling her mommy, others follow and it all seem like a family reunion. We left late at night with her girls asking that they meet again the next day which was a Sunday. To cut it short, my kids and hers agreed to meet the next day except for me. To be honest, the lady is a nice and lovely person to be with, she's a realtor who can work from home, she's real and beautiful, she has been a single mother for 4yrs after her husband travelled out and abandoned them to marry another woman, that's according to her.

She called me that her kids could not allow her rest, they said if we can't come, she should bring them to our house, I mildly rejected but i was persuaded by my daughter and my first son to have them around, I could see that they have bonded quite well, I want my kids to be happy too, that's what I have always wanted for them so I agreed and gave them our address. To cut the story short, I find it impossible to separate the two families that has come together to become one, when they were leaving back to their house my kids pleaded with me to allow them go with mommy to her house, I understand that is real because she's lovely with kids. I had the confidence to trust my kids with someone for the first time in my life. They didn't want to come back, I had to go and pick them up the next day, all of them made sure they came back home with me, we started living together as a family and everyone was enjoying it.

It became an automatic affair with her, I was worried about it been too early, I had to involve few of my friends to seek opinions, some were happy that i could get a good mother for my kids this soon, others asked me to stop the family union and give it a little time to study her character. I suggested some space but she felt very bad, she thinks I am sending them away. I had to allow them stay while I use the opportunity to observe the new found love and family.

12days after, I realize that in a bid to reorganize me and help me to move ahead in life, she totally disregards anything that concerns my late wife whom I still hold dear to my heart, same as my daughter and my adopted daughter, I don't like to address her as a maid. We loved and cherished my late wife, everything she introduced seems to be strange to the norms of the family. If I try to raise my concerns for her to adjust, she will simply tell me that the dead is dead and I should just forget everything about her including whatever she stood for as a mother and wife.

If I try to talk some senses into her to make her understand that brooding over the dead is different from honouring and respecting the deseased, she gets really angry claiming I am comparing her with a dead person. Whatever she discovers as our way of doing things in the family she disregards it and replaces it with her own way without minding how we feel as a family or how easy or difficult it is for us to adjust.

It looks like we are the only ones tolerating and accommodating them here, I have tried with no avail to stop her from insulting the memory of my late wife. I discussed with each and everyone at home, they all wish I could perform a miracle to have them leave because no one can tolerate the mother and kids anymore, I am equally fed up myself and willing to take a break.

I have a friend who is aware of my problems with her, he told me that I am the problem here, he said it will be hard for any woman to fit into our family way of doing things and it will be difficult for us to cope with a different way of life introduced by another woman.

I hope I can get one or two advices that could help. I am quite confused

dear op, you sounded like a ponmo man, to start with you are wrong giving any woman chance into your home, the kids can find happiness with you only without needing a woman for them as a mother figure.... honour and respect the dead. You dont need another wife, just learn to be closely knitted to your kids and engage them in other things that will make them happy.
Be firm and send the woman away, just subtly tell her you need your space, if she is doing agidi, tell her she wants to see crazy!!!

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by pocohantas(f): 8:34pm On May 13, 2021
Divinehealer:
Wife never rotten for grave this one don dey climb another woman. The beauty of being a man in naija. As soon as your wife dies or even when she is sick and dying sef, you can be knacking different women up and down.
If this was a woman now, culture will expect her to die with her husband. If she laugh in 2 yrs time, they will say look how a woman that lost her husband JUST 2 years ago is laughing ; surely she killed him. grin grin grin

Hahahahaah. You know!? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by walex2(m): 8:35pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:
I need serious advise from experienced nairalanders, please forgive my lengthy message because it requires detailed explanations.

I lost my wife exactly 3 months ago, 4 years of relationship and 13 years of marriage with her before she passed on, she left behind 3kids, 13yr old girl 7yr and 3yr old boys. I understand marriages are full of their challenges but we have been through the journey and we came out victorious having a loving and happy home, a union other partners appreciates.

My late wife was so organized and we trainned my kids to be independent while she travels on local business trips. So I just needed to continue our family habit of buying and stocking everything at home while they manage themselves with the help of an older maid who has been part of the family for many years, in short, we are faring quite well as I continue to mourn my wife and carry on with life.

Here is the problem, from a lot of condolence messages coming in on my Facebook, I had the chance to reply some of them 2weeks ago, I met this single mother of two who invited my kids to her daughter's birthday party, i was reluctant but she said it is time to start taking the kids out since they are yet to resume school, exactly what they needed at that point was the usual outing which has been missing for a while since their mother's sickness and after her demise, approx 6months in total. She said it's not a loud party that she needed only my kids for the small sitting room party.

I decided, went to the party with the kids, it was fun for the kids, I have not seen them happy like that in a long while, it made me happy too, they fell in love with the two sisters and their mother all like a miracle, my little 3year old boy started calling her mommy, others follow and it all seem like a family reunion. We left late at night with her girls asking that they meet again the next day which was a Sunday. To cut it short, my kids and hers agreed to meet the next day except for me. To be honest, the lady is a nice and lovely person to be with, she's a realtor who can work from home, she's real and beautiful, she has been a single mother for 4yrs after her husband travelled out and abandoned them to marry another woman, that's according to her.

She called me that her kids could not allow her rest, they said if we can't come, she should bring them to our house, I mildly rejected but i was persuaded by my daughter and my first son to have them around, I could see that they have bonded quite well, I want my kids to be happy too, that's what I have always wanted for them so I agreed and gave them our address. To cut the story short, I find it impossible to separate the two families that has come together to become one, when they were leaving back to their house my kids pleaded with me to allow them go with mommy to her house, I understand that is real because she's lovely with kids. I had the confidence to trust my kids with someone for the first time in my life. They didn't want to come back, I had to go and pick them up the next day, all of them made sure they came back home with me, we started living together as a family and everyone was enjoying it.

It became an automatic affair with her, I was worried about it been too early, I had to involve few of my friends to seek opinions, some were happy that i could get a good mother for my kids this soon, others asked me to stop the family union and give it a little time to study her character. I suggested some space but she felt very bad, she thinks I am sending them away. I had to allow them stay while I use the opportunity to observe the new found love and family.

12days after, I realize that in a bid to reorganize me and help me to move ahead in life, she totally disregards anything that concerns my late wife whom I still hold dear to my heart, same as my daughter and my adopted daughter, I don't like to address her as a maid. We loved and cherished my late wife, everything she introduced seems to be strange to the norms of the family. If I try to raise my concerns for her to adjust, she will simply tell me that the dead is dead and I should just forget everything about her including whatever she stood for as a mother and wife.

If I try to talk some senses into her to make her understand that brooding over the dead is different from honouring and respecting the deseased, she gets really angry claiming I am comparing her with a dead person. Whatever she discovers as our way of doing things in the family she disregards it and replaces it with her own way without minding how we feel as a family or how easy or difficult it is for us to adjust.

It looks like we are the only ones tolerating and accommodating them here, I have tried with no avail to stop her from insulting the memory of my late wife. I discussed with each and everyone at home, they all wish I could perform a miracle to have them leave because no one can tolerate the mother and kids anymore, I am equally fed up myself and willing to take a break.

I have a friend who is aware of my problems with her, he told me that I am the problem here, he said it will be hard for any woman to fit into our family way of doing things and it will be difficult for us to cope with a different way of life introduced by another woman.

My own response would be different, if she claimed her husband abandoned her and Married another one abroad, was she formally Married to the husband? If yes .. has she gone through normal divorce proceedings? If no ... You might be playing with seven years inmprisonment
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Lazenby007(m): 8:35pm On May 13, 2021
3 months after your wife's death is just too early. I know it is not easy ,though.
As for the woman, you've not really done a proper investigation to know as why the husband left her;to know if what she told you is true- BEWARE!
Your kids should never be left in the hands of a strange woman who is seeking to take a place in your heart; no matter how nice she may seem to be.
Bros,don't be carried away! It is damn too early!
Be bold enough to tell her give you sometime.
Beware of a strange woman!

2 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by uncleck: 8:35pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:

This is simple na. Keep cohabiting with her but don't marry yet. Time will sort you out
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by lamentor78(m): 8:38pm On May 13, 2021
Oga Mr, if a woman has a good character no man will leave her with kids and run away, the woman has seen your weakness, if you have not start sleeping with her please send her away for your own good and for your kids.
Is better you have side chick than want to harbor a strange woman in your house o.
I don talk my own

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by SunTzu123(m): 8:38pm On May 13, 2021
SportsHD:
Big ass RED FLAGS!

Nothing more to add except; if you like to ignore red flags and wait for reality, go ahead. If not, tell her you think it's too early to start another relationship so soon after your wife's death. Tell her you need to wait at least one year.

Good luck.
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by TheGreatIYANU: 8:40pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:
I need serious advise from experienced nairalanders, please forgive my lengthy message because it requires detailed explanations....

If you can get a single lady who will respect you and tour peculiar circumstance, it'll be better than all this you've typed.
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Sanchez01: 8:40pm On May 13, 2021
queenfav:
gbam!See this life eh..May God help women,myself inclusive.That a man you lived with,made sacrifices for and have kids with can welcome another woman into your home after just 3 months of his wife's demise tells a lot about how he loved her (or not).Make we women shine eyes o.Most of these men love just with their lips.This man clearly has no love and respect for his Wife and her memory.She hasn't been buried for long,oga and his d*** has moved on to the next available woman.I fear who no fear some men!
Just pray you don't meet a man who can't see beyond his own nose.

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:

You are the cause of your problem

you lost your wife 3 months ago and then you brought in a new woman just because you had sex with her.

you are still grieving but you are very interested in sex.

that woman is playing a game on you.

you are not married to her, drive her out before she makes everything about her own kids

focus on your own kids instead of your dick.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 13, 2021
You need time to heal... Send her away to her house for the mean time. You can go back to her when you are emotionally balanced.
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Elidrisy20: 8:44pm On May 13, 2021
U better think twice,she don already marry,run leave her husband want came marry you.u beta becareful
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 13, 2021
klap4gbens:
You need time to heal... Send her away to her house for the mean time. You can go back to her when you are emotionally balanced.

he should never go back to her.

He has kids, that woman also has kids, she will manipulate the man to take care of her kids

he should focus on only his kids and never marry
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Unclesamo(m): 8:46pm On May 13, 2021
halogate:

Lol...@Op..u really are in trouble!
Hot and spicy one for that matter..
"In love with you"..all of a sudden?
"Can't do without you or stay away from u"...in under a month?
Isorite!....

@Op..do the needful!!!... don't let all those talk get to u.
If she wants to "change"...let her do that from a distance.
Op..if u are actually enjoying this attention and using nairalanders to catch cruise. God is watching. Cos I see no reason why u cannot call it quits with her. Abi is there something u ain't telling us?
You have been advised and warned accordingly.. The ball is in ur court!
Is not telling us how sweet the sex has been... That is the key point.
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by eziezi90(m): 8:49pm On May 13, 2021
Walk away

She's not the one
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by jaxxy(m): 8:49pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:

Any woman who disrespects ur feelings for u late wife is inhuman and a Lowkey terrible person.

She had it bad in her marriage doesn’t mean u had same, rather urs was meaningful and significant. If she can’t be patient and understanding she shud leave immediately. I repeat for emphasis immediately.

It’s a very simple thing. I hate insensitive and manipulative people. Period!

U better don’t let her ride u and manipulate u. Some women are crazy. It’s obvious this is going way too fast and that might be a concern. I can see a whole of manipulations.

Imagine a stranger coming to ur house and controlling you and ur family. Like WTF! If the reverse was the case and u were the one Controlling her just like that I would also kick against such insensitive behavior. undecided

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by kizyalex10(m): 8:51pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:

bro is quite simple,she got u ,she is a single mom and she knew d chance of her getting married again is either a divorcee or a widower,and she played her card well by going through ur kids which were ur weak point,he knws if she can make ur kids love her,she has won ur heart.and when she enters u will see her real self,now she has her own kids,she can never treat ur kids equally with hers,she will make them inferior in future so as to place her kids in a better position,,for me u would have nt jumped into a relationship or what ever yet or even if keep her at arms length till ur kids reach a certain stage where they cant be bullied.

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 13, 2021
[quote author=thebosstrevor1 post=101663802]

he should never go back to her.

He has kids, that woman also has kids, she will manipulate the man to take care of her kids

he should focus on only his kids and never marry[/quote

He needs to remarry after a while, not necessarily the lady.
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Charly68: 8:55pm On May 13, 2021
Bola146:
Firstly, seriously you have to let go of the dead, she was so dear to you, yes but let us face the living, your kids and their wellness, you can be remembering her yearly or on her birthday which any woman you want to marry now must support that, still remembering the dead would not allow you to love any other woman dearly again. It would be like she is still living with someone's husband. Great counsel

Secondly, please try to know if the woman loves your kids dearly, don't rush into a relationship that you will regret later, since you have maid, why not be patient. Be so close to your kids and the maid, ask for their own opinions.

Lastly, watch and pray!!!! Let God and His Holy Spirit lead you. Your kids are your number one priority, work hard and take good care of them, don't just leave them to strangers care. God be with you sir.
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Charly68: 8:56pm On May 13, 2021
Foodqueen:
That woman is time bomb waiting to explode.

I can't imagine the things she will make u do to your kids as time goes by.

Common 3 months.......u met on FB, visited her house, your kids slept over and now u are living lovers.

This won't end well.
On point
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Charly68: 8:57pm On May 13, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
If you had told this woman to give you a little time, at least 9months before you start a relationship it would have been better, I guess she would have accepted to wait till you are ready, 3months is too short to finish mourning and begin a relationship. If you had healed a bit from the loss of your wife, you wouldn't feel bad whenever she refuses to recognize the dead, you would take less offense and allow her handle things her way. If you tell her you need a break now, she will feel bad and insulted, but a break is what you need, or accept her as she is, or you end the relationship. It is very wrong to cohabit with her for now.
Wise and sincere counsel ..

1 Like

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Charly68: 9:03pm On May 13, 2021
Why should you allow a strange woman to put you through emotional pressure when you are still suffering from the loss of your wife..you should have allowed yourself to be healed first before getting yourself entangled...do you even know why the woman's first husband abandoned her,may be she was very domineering ..hence the man use opportunity to free himself from what you put yourself into now. Wake up and confront her to give you a break first ,don't accomodate avoidable pressure so you don't collapse ...you have a maid and so why the rush ..?
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Goldie16(f): 9:06pm On May 13, 2021
Drop your address here let Nairalanders help you to evacuate her from that house. I will arrive there before 6am sef.
What nonsense love is she talking about. What rubbish,!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by joyandfaith: 9:06pm On May 13, 2021
family6644 is playing with fire. You would regret it. Your children will curse you. Your family will fight you. Your friends would abandon you.
She would soon get pregnant for you . You would be financially impotent . I see you suffering from stress-related disorders.
Let the woman go. She is not for you.

2 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by joyandfaith: 9:07pm On May 13, 2021
Goldie16:
Drop your address here let Nairalanders help you to evacuate her from that house. I will arrive there before 6am sef.
What nonsense love is she talking about. What rubbish,!!!!

Calm down . Lol
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Gordieshegz(m): 9:08pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:

You are right but I naturally will never see myself doing this, this is the reason for my long explanations, I find myself in the situation, I didn't plan for it or work it out. I never wanted it but note that my kids are involved but I guess now they can see for themselves

May your wife's gentle soul rest in perfect peace. So sorry about your loss.

First, Reno Omokri's generalization of single mothers may not be completely right, but not entirely wrong. That said, her claims about her ex husband abandoning her for no reason should be taken with a pinch of salt. You don't just see an old hen in an afternoon market. It is either it doesn't know how to take care of chicks or it is sick. If you must have anything with this woman, ensure you dig deeper.

Second, I personally feel it is too early to consider having an another wife. And from all indications, that's what this woman wants. Give yourself abit more time to mourn your late wife and get along with your kids the more. Perhaps after that is achieved, you can re-evaluate why you so want another wife. You may realise that it is not even worth having.

Third, this woman here has shown how desperate, possessive and manipulative she could be. She understands perfectly that you love your children. She is only using them to bait you and may change completely the moment she traps you down. I will suggest you take things easy with her, or better still, call whatever is going on between you two quits for now. It won't be nice to make a mistake that may affect the very children you seek to see smile.

Once again, my condolences.
Please be good and regards to your adorable kids. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 13, 2021
pocohantas:

Hahahahaah. You know!? cheesy

Hey Pocohantas, I always dream of cow in the night shouting Moooooo and laughing at me . What does this mean?

Heard something like this happened to you?
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Goldie16(f): 9:10pm On May 13, 2021
jaxxy:

Any woman who disrespects ur feelings for u late wife is inhuman and a Lowkey terrible person.

She had it bad in her marriage doesn’t mean u had same, rather urs was meaningful and significant. If she can’t be patient and understanding she shud leave immediately. I repeat for emphasis immediately.

It’s a very simple thing. I hate insensitive and manipulative people. Period!

U better don’t let her ride u and manipulate u. Some women are crazy. It’s obvious this is going way too fast and that might be a concern. I can see a whole of manipulations.

Imagine a stranger coming to ur house and controlling you and ur family. Like WTF! If the reverse was the case and u were the one Controlling her just like that I would also kick against such insensitive behavior. undecided
Drop your address let Nairalanders help you do the needful
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 13, 2021
[quote author=klap4gbens post=101664064][/quote]

i dont believe in remarriage especially when i have kids

women will always find a way to want the best for their own kids
Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by escavros: 9:14pm On May 13, 2021
First thing to do is read the word of God.

... and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced commiteth adultery (Matthew 5:32)
Another verse says that no adulterer will make it into the kingdom of God, so let's take the discussion from this point.

Your present experience shows that you are taking hot coals on your laps already and you shouldn't be surprised if you get burnt.

Since you haven't gone too far with marrying her, pls let her and her family go in peace, and pray to God for forgiveness.
Note: Relationships born out of pity rarely ever end well.

You will find a good woman to help you eventually according to the will of God, but for now, obey the word of God first and every thing will work out fine eventually in Jesus holy name
Amen

family6644:

Re: Family Problems About Remarrying by slimjoe87(m): 9:14pm On May 13, 2021
family6644:

Please Oga! Do not allow this single mother in, she is a potential disaster to you! She will deal with ur kids badly . Give your wife respect for at least a year plus!!
Don rush to marry rather fine sweet babes out thr! At least u have kids now! No be u kill your wife!
And stop eating from that single mother!
I beg u to take good advice here! She will cry � when u will take these important decisions but don’t look at here face because u don chop her Kpekus!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

HILARIOUS: Man Discovers Wife Is A Man After 19 Years Of Marriage / Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? / Lusting After My Husband's Cousin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 235
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.