Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10352 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 1:44pm On May 16, 2021
blueAgent:

I can stop laughing.

What does the law of faith entails?

Show me were in the Bible God wrote that you need just faith without obedience to his law or commandments for you to get into Heaven?
how was Abraham justified, did he do the ten commandment?
How about the theif on the cross, who even was condemned by the ten commandment but her justified by christ, how about rahab the prostitute, which of the ten commandment did they add to their faith that made them righteous?
These people I mentioned did not keep the ten commandments but were justified.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by budaatum: 2:31pm On May 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Before man was, The Law! That's what John 1 and other scriptures tell you, which you would not see because you are not a Law'er!

Sounds like what the Pharisee would say, before you hand out scorpions and snakes.

Thankfully, Jesus Christ, on return to the Father, sent the Holy Spirit to Comfort and minister to all.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by truespeak: 8:13am On May 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So why was Adam, Eve Cain and the Old world Guilty?

Why was I and my colleague at Law able to draw out Adam and Eves Charges on that day The Court fell on them?

See https://www.nairaland.com/6319053/when-eve-charged-court-charges/5#101699805

Before man was, The Law! That's what John 1 and other scriptures tell you, which you would not see because you are not a Law'er!

The Law was Always there and has Always been there as the case of Abimelech vs. Abraham and Wife Clearly Prove!

Also, the case of Cain vs. Abel, Potiphar's Wife vs. Joseph etc.

Truespeak, budaatum what say you!

You have spoken my mind on the matter!

1 Like

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2021
livingchrist:
How about the theif on the cross, who even was condemned by the ten commandment but her justified by christ, how about rahab the prostitute, which of the ten commandment did they add to their faith that made them righteous?

You lied.

Abraham kept the 10 commandments of God.

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

All this people kept the commandments of God.

If you believe that you are saved only by confessing Jesus without obeying God's commandments than you are deceiving yourself.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2021
livingchrist:
where is it written in the bible that the law of moses is not the law of God?

John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

@bolded, 'The law' is all inclusive, any law that came through moses is called the law of moses.

What Christ death fufilled was the sacrificial laws becos they were temporary and could not cleanse sin permanently.

You dont know what you typed,
Was it the ten commandment that sets free or the law of christ?

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

You and Detruthspeak, are confused together,

Paul said if there was a law that could give life, then righteousness could have being by the law.

Mind you including the ten commandment, which means the ten commandment could not give life hence christ has to come, therefore the ten commandment is not the law of life because the ten commandment cannot give life.

Galatians 3:21
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

No where in the Bible is it said that one is saved only by confessing Jesus without keeping the law.

When the righteous turn away from righteousness and does evil God will condemn them to death(Hell)
Is as simple as that.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 18:22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the LORD is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? 18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. 18:27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. 18:28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 18:29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the LORD is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal? 18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:47am On May 17, 2021
livingchrist:

You just cherry pick verses to suit your fantasy and leave the truth.

The full verse shows that all this people you mentioned had faith in Christ and also obey the commandments of God.

Faith without works is dead.
James even mentioned the 10commandments as evidence of faith with works. Verses 8,9,10

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Rehab was justified by works and faith not faith alone
Verse 25.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2021
livingchrist:

You see how am using God's word to dismantle your false doctrine?
Here is God's clear word.

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by WORKS a man is justified, and NOT by FAITH ONLY.

Please note the capitalized words.

Case closed.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:54am On May 17, 2021
livingchrist:

Abeg Mr Living Christ.

Apostle James is asking you.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Ans the question
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:13am On May 17, 2021
livingchrist:

@bolded, 'The law' is all inclusive, any law that came through moses is called the law of moses.

What Christ death fufilled was the sacrificial laws becos they were temporary and could not cleanse sin permanently.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Paul said if there was a law that could give life, then righteousness could have being by the law.

Mind you including the ten commandment, which means the ten commandment could not give life hence christ has to come, therefore the ten commandment is not the law of life because the ten commandment cannot give life.

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Moses law is different from the 10commandments.

They are all referred to law but they all have different functions and time frame.

https://www.preparingforeternity.com/mosevs10.htm

It is obvious to anyone who is honest.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:21am On May 17, 2021
livingchrist:

That's a lie, all the laws were not called the law of Moses.

Daniel 9:10 is talking about God's law and verse 11 is talking about Moses' law:
"Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets."
"Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him." Daniel 9:10,11

You deceiving yourself by claiming they are all the same law even when it's obvious they are different.

The 10commandments was given by God written by his own finger placed inside the Ark.

Why that of Moses was written by Moses placed by the side of the Ark.

The 10commandments points out and convicts one of Sin.
There is not penalty or punishment mentioned in the 10commandments.

Why that of Moses passes judgement which is death on the sinner.
Moses law demanded that anyone caught breaking any of the 10 was to be stoned to death, that why it is called the law of sin and death. That's why it is called the law against us.

Moses law contained blessings and curses.
Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Deuteronomy 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Numbers 15:32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. 15:33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. 15:34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. 15:35 And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. 15:36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

How can God's law which is holy just and good be against us?

How can the 10commandments that shows us how to please God be contrary and against us.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

The scarifical laws and that of priesthood pointed to Christ and his death as a scarifical lamb for the sins of humanity.

Of course obeying the law would not have given us life because the is a verdict of death penalty on all humanity so keeping the law can not erase that.

The law requires blood as ransom for sin.
Which no man could becos all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

So Christ paid the price
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:39am On May 17, 2021
livingchrist:

I wonder at your level of comprehension.

How many times will I tell you that.

A man sentenced to death for a crime , let's say for murder, even if from the day he was sentenced he starts keeping the entire law of that country or place , it cannot justify or free him from the death penalty that has been passed on him.
As long as the law of that country demands death as the only ransome.

Same thing with man, when Adam and Eve sinned against God the penalty of death came upon man and his descendants, no amount of keeping the law at that point could have saved man becos the law requires blood as a ransome for sin.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

What Jesus did was to die in our place inorder to satisfy the requirements of the law.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

But just like the man pardoned from death penalty is not expected to go on breaking the same law he was pardoned from, so also God does not expect us to continue breaking his law which cost Christ his life to save us from its penalty.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:40am On May 17, 2021
livingchrist:

If Adam and Eve had kept commandments me and you and the entire humanity would not have been in this shit we are.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:41am On May 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I don't do this.
If your explanation is not sound enough then i'm not interested in further links.
Do i (Maximus) still need the Ten commandments?
My response is "NO, all i need is Jesus and the gospel"
But if you still need the ten commandments then good for you, no wahala! smiley

You are only deceiving yourself not me or God.
The problem is that it will be too late for you when you realize it.

Keep fooling yourself.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:31pm On May 17, 2021
Can you PRESENT a global family of worshipers practicing what you're saying? cheesy
Don't worry God will abandon those worshiping shoulder to shoulder in LOVE, JOY and PEACE for your sake while you can't even connect with those sharing your thoughts! cheesy

blueAgent:

You are only deceiving yourself not me or God. The problem is that it will be too late for you when you realize it. Keep fooling yourself.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:06pm On May 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Can you PRESENT a global family of worshipers practicing what you're saying? cheesy
Don't worry God will abandon those worshiping shoulder to shoulder in LOVE, JOY and PEACE for your sake while you can't even connect with those sharing your thoughts! cheesy

See Antichrist!

Christ said "leave father and mother, brother and sister and follow Me"

Antichrist is here saying and preaching "Join World family"!
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:23pm On May 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

See Antichrist!
Christ said "leave father and mother, brother and sister and follow Me"
Antichrist is here saying and preaching "Join World family"!

46 While he was yet speaking to the crowds, his mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to him. 47 So someone said to him: “Look! Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak to you.” 48 In reply he said to the one who spoke to him: “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 And extending his hand toward his disciples, he said: “Look! My mother and my brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, that one is my brother and sister and mother". Matthew 12:46-50

Jesus wasn't referring to his blood relation this time around but a global family of peace loving worshipers belonging to the FAITH!

According to the gospel account above, did Jesus had a family of Faith or not? John 17:20-23

Don't kill yourself with heartbreak because i Maximus will use the sword of the spirit (Bible) to silence the demon in you! Hebrews 4:12 smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:27pm On May 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

46 While he was yet speaking to the crowds, his mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to him. 47 So someone said to him: “Look! Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak to you.” 48 In reply he said to the one who spoke to him: “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 And extending his hand toward his disciples, he said: “Look! My mother and my brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, that one is my brother and sister and mother". Matthew 12:46-50

True, but HOW MANY DID HE HAVE?

HOW MANY WERE WITH HIM WHEN HE WAS BEING PERSECUTED?

HOW MANY STOOD UP FOR HIM AT HIS TRIAL?

HOW MANY DIED WITH HIM?

HOW MANY CAME TO VISIT HIM AT THE GRAVE?

HOW MANY WERE WITH HIM WHEN HE DEPARTED BY ASCENSION?

surely, they were Only a few souls!

So how many where his True Brothers and sister and mother?

Answer= Only a few.

The Multitudes returned to their places!

"NARROW is the Path of Life AND THEY BE FEW WHO FIND IT AND ARE ON IT"
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:59pm On May 17, 2021
How many in Israel accepted his teachings?

How many have received the anointing of God's Holy Spirit before Jesus' death?

Well he said to about 500 Jews the day he returned to heaven:

"But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.” Act 1:8

And after they received the power of God's Holy Spirit they became fearless:

And when they had made supplication, the place where they were gathered together was shaken, and they were one and all filled with the holy spirit and were speaking the word of God with boldness. Act 4:31

So before Jesus' sacrificial death my brothers were scared to die but after they saw how Jesus was brutally crushed bodily and how God raised His son back to life, the fear in them began fading away until they later received the power of God's Holy Spirit! Act 2:1-4

Afterwards my brothers were prepared to die for their fellow believers in the name of our now raining King (Christ Jesus) that's why we now have a global family of peace loving worshipers having that same SPIRIT {Matthew 19:29} and willing to LOVE their fellow believers just as Jesus loves, JWs are prepared to die (if the need be) for our fellow believers! John 13:34-35

That's the significance of a global family of FAITH! John 17:20-23 smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

HOW MANY DIED WITH HIM?

HOW MANY WERE WITH HIM WHEN HE DEPARTED BY ASCENSION?

surely, they were Only a few souls!

So how many where his True Brothers and sister and mother?

Answer= Only a few.

The Multitudes returned to their places!

"NARROW is the Path of Life AND THEY BE FEW WHO FIND IT AND ARE ON IT"
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22pm On May 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
How many in Israel accepted his teachings?...

grin You are not in a position to ask how many, you are supposed to validly rebut, and asking questions at this time is not a REBUTTAL.

Neither does raising a fresh issue of "grant of power" amount to being A REBUTTAL, rather it is Shows Inability to Validly Rebut the Issue on Ground,

Atypical with your specie who when they have no ground to stand upon, they therefore SEEK TO FLEE AS A WITCH TO OTHER GROUNDS

You can keep the change of the last word, it satisfactory that once again, as in the past, you can not validly rebut that The Way of The Lord and the Paths of Life are for Individuals and not for a Container of People!
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:58pm On May 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

HOW MANY DIED WITH HIM?

MaxInDHouse:
How many in Israel accepted his teachings?

How many have received the anointing of God's Holy Spirit before Jesus' death?

So question begats question! wink
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:35pm On May 17, 2021
blueAgent:

You lied.

Abraham kept the 10 commandments of God.

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

All this people kept the commandments of God.

If you believe that you are saved only by confessing Jesus without obeying God's commandments than you are deceiving yourself.

when was the ten commandment given?
Again, that verse you quoted was only testimony of Abraham's faith.

The verse didnt say Abraham was declared righteous for it.

Genesis 15:6
And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

He was declared righteous because he believed the gospel.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:40pm On May 17, 2021
blueAgent:

No where in the Bible is it said that one is saved only by confessing Jesus without keeping the law.

When the righteous turn away from righteousness and does evil God will condemn them to death(Hell)
Is as simple as that.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 18:22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the LORD is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? 18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. 18:27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. 18:28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 18:29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the LORD is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal? 18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
when Did I say salvation is by confessing christ, even demons confess Christ.

Since every soul that sins shall die so how come some who sinned wont die?
Only the law of faith can explain it, sinners who did not die is because the placed their faith on Jesus who fulfilled the law for them.

Ezekiel 18 didnt happen to them because they are in christ.

For christ is the end of the law for those that believe.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:45pm On May 17, 2021
blueAgent:

You just cherry pick verses to suit your fantasy and leave the truth.

The full verse shows that all this people you mentioned had faith in Christ and also obey the commandments of God.

Faith without works is dead.
James even mentioned the 10commandments as evidence of faith with works. Verses 8,9,10

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Rehab was justified by works and faith not faith alone
Verse 25.
so, which of the ten commandment did Rahab do?
What james is saying is that works are the signs to identify a living faith.
Works justify the faith of a man while faith justifies a man before God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:47pm On May 17, 2021
blueAgent:

Abeg Mr Living Christ.

Apostle James is asking you.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Ans the question
you dont get James, james is simply writing about how to different living faith from a dead faith.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:07pm On May 17, 2021
blueAgent:

That's a lie, all the laws were not called the law of Moses.

Daniel 9:10 is talking about God's law and verse 11 is talking about Moses' law:
"Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets."
"Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him." Daniel 9:10,11

You deceiving yourself by claiming they are all the same law even when it's obvious they are different.

The 10commandments was given by God written by his own finger placed inside the Ark.

Why that of Moses was written by Moses placed by the side of the Ark.

The 10commandments points out and convicts one of Sin.
There is not penalty or punishment mentioned in the 10commandments.

Why that of Moses passes judgement which is death on the sinner.
Moses law demanded that anyone caught breaking any of the 10 was to be stoned to death, that why it is called the law of sin and death. That's why it is called the law against us.

Moses law contained blessings and curses.
Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Deuteronomy 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Numbers 15:32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. 15:33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. 15:34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. 15:35 And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. 15:36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

How can God's law which is holy just and good be against us?

How can the 10commandments that shows us how to please God be contrary and against us.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

The scarifical laws and that of priesthood pointed to Christ and his death as a scarifical lamb for the sins of humanity.

Of course obeying the law would not have given us life because the is a verdict of death penalty on all humanity so keeping the law can not erase that.

The law requires blood as ransom for sin.
Which no man could becos all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

So Christ paid the price
There is no such division in the bible,
There is nothing like moses law and God's law
There is one single entity called "The law", the article "The" is telling the law is one single undivided entity, which has destroyed your heresy.
The ten commandment is part of the law
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:44pm On May 18, 2021
livingchrist:
There is one single entity called "The law", the article "The" is telling the law is one single undivided entity, which has destroyed your heresy.

But you saw it in Daniel 9:10 that they are different laws.
Even Daniel distinguished them

It's also obvious to anyone who has a functional brain and is honest that the Laws were different,

One was written by God himself and placed inside the Ark.

The order was written by Moses and placed outside the Ark.

It is also obvious that the laws have different functions.

You are only deceiving yourself if you claim you do not know they are different.

Even a primary 5 pupil knows what the 10commandments are and that they are different from other laws.

In nigeria constitution are all the laws the same ?
And do they act or function in the same way?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:45pm On May 18, 2021
livingchrist:

All through the Bible the evidence is there that they are all different laws.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:46pm On May 18, 2021
livingchrist:
you dont get James, james is simply writing about how to different living faith from a dead faith.

See you twisting Bible verses.

And how is a living faith differentiated from a dead faith?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:48pm On May 18, 2021
livingchrist:

Are you telling me you did not read the entire bible verse?

Note.
James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:50pm On May 18, 2021
livingchrist:

That's a lie.

Works are the evidence of one having faith in God.

Even the Devil and Demons and armed robbers,prostitutes, killers,liars, drunkards all this people have faith and believe in God and Jesus.

But the lack one thing, which is works, and works simply means obidence to God's God's commandments.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2021
livingchrist:
when Did I say salvation is by confessing christ, even demons confess Christ.

Since every soul that sins shall die so how come some who sinned wont die?
Only the law of faith can explain it, sinners who did not die is because the placed their faith on Jesus who fulfilled the law for them.

Ezekiel 18 didnt happen to them because they are in christ.

For christ is the end of the law for those that believe.

Where did you see sinners that will not die?

You cannot be in Christ and still don't obey his commandments.

It's not by wishful thinking.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

It is that simple.

There is nothing like law of faith.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:57pm On May 18, 2021
livingchrist:
when was the ten commandment given?
Again, that verse you quoted was only testimony of Abraham's faith.

The verse didnt say Abraham was declared righteous for it.

Genesis 15:6
And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

He was declared righteous because he believed the gospel.

The 10 commandments were existing before Adam and Eve sinned against God or were even created.

It is the very foundation of God's government.

Sinned is not imputed were there is no law.

Jesus said Satan has been sinning right from the beginning, we all know that Satan wanted the throne and glory of God, which means he broke the first 3 commandments.

For more click and read.

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/10-commandments/the-ten-commandments/10-commandments-moses/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Real Name Of GOD. Bantus Of Africa Are The Israelites. / Your Best Gospel Songs / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.