Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10481 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:24pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

You do not need to live in the time of Christ to know what to do, because the Holy spirit teaches the christian.

An arm robber does not need to be told to follow the law of the spirit, all he need to do after being born again is to fashion himself after the image of Christ, in other all he needs is the awakening of his new image in Christ Jesus and he will live in righteousness.

In the new testament we are to stand and walk in our new position given to us in Christ, but those who walk by the law strive to enter that position which is gotten in Christ Jesus freely.

A Christian falls away when he begins to strive for what he has gotten freely in Christ. For example in Christ Jesus I m righteous and holy,

A Christian is growing towards the image of christ in an ever increasing intensity, He grows in love, patience, faith, meekness, longsuffering, honesty, and all the dimension of the fruit of the spirit, the more consistently he behold the glory of Christ the more transformed he his.

In other words, the new life in Christ is about growth and continuous growth into the fully formed image of christ.

The ten commandments is basic, its purpose to to lead men to Christ, while the law of the spirit causes righteousness and growth towards christ.

You are confused.

How do you grow in the image of Christ?

What is the image of Christ, have you seen christ?

If that robber asks you what is living in the image of Christ what will be your answer?

You craftly dodged to answer my question.

David had all this qualities yet he fell into Sin.

Satan was created perfect saw and beheld God's glory yet he fell into sin.

All this your grammar is just jargon.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:26pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
To believe in God is to trust put ones trust in God in totality.

I can stop laughing at you.

I asked you do Arm robbers,murderers ,prostitutes, scammers,idolatrers don't believe in God?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:32pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

So what justified her?
If she had no knowledge that God was supreme and above every other gods would she had put on trust and faith in God?

Was she the only person in the town?
Have you not read of other tribes that fought the Israelites even with the stories they heard about God and how he fought for the Israelites becos they believed in their gods?
Her faith justifies her.
She was not the only person in town but she only believed in Yaweh.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:34pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

You are confused.

How do you grow in the image of Christ?

What is the image of Christ, have you seen christ?

If that robber asks you what is living in the image of Christ what will be your answer?

You craftly dodged to answer my question.

David had all this qualities yet in fell into Sin.

Satan was created perfect saw and beheld God's glory yet he fell into sin.

All this your grammar is just jargon.
I knew it would be jargons to you.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:36pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

I can stop laughing at you.

I asked you do Arm robbers,murderers ,prostitutes, scammers,idolatrers don't believe in God?
ok keep laughing
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:39pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
Is there a verse that said the theif was made righteous because he confessed Christ?
No sir falling into sin would not make him lose his salvation.

Luke 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Note verse 23:42.

So if he lived and did not die that day, and he continued killing and robbing people ,when he dies he will go to your own Heaven?

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Condition for been forgiven of ones sin is to turn away from it.

Here Apostles Peter admonishes the people to not go back to their former lifestyles, which mean it is very much possible.

2 Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:45pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
works of faith. For example Abraham wantes to sacrifice his son because God told him to do so, Abel made a very good sacrifice to God, rehab his the Israelites spies, these are not written in the ten commandment are they? These are works of faith.

But God has told us that Abraham obeyed his Laws.
Which you deny making God a liar.

They are all written in 10commandments.

Idolatry is anything that takes God's place in your life, it can be your child,money,time,family or idol.

Abraham obeyed God and showed that God was far more important to him than his Son Isaac which he got at 100years.

Hence he has obeyed the first 3 commandments.
Which demands one to Honour and worship God alone.

God has also told us that only by obeying his commandments we can please him.

Same with Abel he honoured Gid with his Substance, thus he placed God above material thing unlike his brother cain.

Every Sin you can ever imagine is directly revealed in the 10commandments.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by KnownUnknown: 9:46pm On May 19, 2021
sonmvayina:
The 10 commandments Is for the Jewish people...the rest of mankind is under the 7 noahide laws. They are universal.

It is what we all be judged with.

Not giving your life to an idol(jesus)..

Your universal consciousness seems Jewish given that it has special commandments for the Jews and separate laws for inferior beings like you.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:57pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

You are filled with bitterness because I tell you the truth, any building built on lies will fall.

I ask you a question, did moses own any law?
Are they not all laws of God both written by moses or not?

You are not showing any sense of maturity or sense of someone who was to learn or know the truth.
You are only here to message your ego and pride.

Here is the law moses wrote inspired by God.

Deuteronomy 31:24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, 31:25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. 31:27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death? 31:28 Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them. 31:29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:02pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

You are filled with bitterness because I tell you the truth, any building built on lies will fall.

Am angry becos you run away from the truth even when it is obvious.

You keeping repeating same questions even when you have been properly answered just becos you are dodging the truth.

They are all laws given by God for different purpose and intent.

For God to write the 10 with his fingers and demand it should be placed inside the Ark below the mercy seat shows it eternal nature.

It will take God 1mini secs to write the entire 600laws on a stone, the question is why did Gid choose to write only 10.

Do you know that Apostle John was shown the 10commandments in the book of Revelation still intact and preserved in the Ark of testament in the temple in Heaven?
Remember that the Ark of convanent built by Moses was a replica of what is in Heaven and both contain the 10commandments inside the Ark upon the mercy seat.

Exodus 25:9 According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

Hebrews 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

Revelation 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Showing its eternal nature.

As God cannot change so also the 10commandments cannot change they are a reflection of who God's is, his character
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:04pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

This is the law given or written by God, also called testimony.

Exodus 25:16 And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee. 25:17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof. 25:18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat. 25:21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. 25:22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:04pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
Jesus was speaking of The law

Jesus didn't say the law will not pass away but that they will all be fulfilled before they pass away, you are turning the scripture upside down.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Has Heaven and Earth pass away?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:20pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
ok keep laughing

Answer the question.

Would armed robbers, prostitutes, killers,idol worshippers e.t.c who confess their faith in Jesus but yet continue in this lifestyles I have mentioned get into Heaven?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:21pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

I knew it would be jargons to you.

Sorry if I insulted you, don't use it as an excuse not to answer my question.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:24pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
Her faith justifies her.
She was not the only person in town but she only believed in Yaweh.

She just did not believe, she risked her life to protect God's people, that is faith with works.

She honour and placed God in her spirit above her king and gods which is what the first 3 commandments demand and that was evident I her risking her life to save God's people.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:25pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

Luke 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Note verse 23:42.

So if he lived and did not die that day, and he continued killing and robbing people ,when he dies he will go to your own Heaven?

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Condition for been forgiven of ones sin is to turn away from it.

Here Apostles Peter admonishes the people to not go back to their former lifestyles, which mean it is very much possible.

2 Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
so where in that verse did ot say the theif was justified because he confessed christ?
The theif ask Jesus for a place in his kingdom because he Christ as his only hope of eternal life.
He was justified for this faith
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:29pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

But God has told us that Abraham obeyed his Laws.
Which you deny making God a liar.

They are all written in 10commandments.

Idolatry is anything that takes God's place in your life, it can be your child,money,time,family or idol.

Abraham obeyed God and showed that God was far more important to him than his Son Isaac which he got at 100years.

Hence he has obeyed the first 3 commandments.
Which demands one to Honour and worship God alone.

God has also told us that only by obeying his commandments we can please him.

Same with Abel he honoured Gid with his Substance, thus he placed God above material thing unlike his brother cain.

Every Sin you can ever imagine is directly revealed in the 10commandments.

Good, those that place their faith in Christ has automatically fulfilled the yen commandment just as Abraham fulfilled it, my point is Abraham by the law of faith fulfill the 10 commandment when those who are struggling to keep it fail at it.
Even why there was no 10 commandment give out yet, Abraham fulfilled it by the law of faith.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:33pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

You are not showing any sense of maturity or sense of someone who was to learn or know the truth.
You are only here to message your ego and pride.

Here is the law moses wrote inspired by God.

Deuteronomy 31:24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, 31:25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. 31:27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death? 31:28 Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them. 31:29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.
why are you dodging this simple question, is there any law that belongs to moses?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:36pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

Am angry becos you run away from the truth even when it is obvious.

You keeping repeating same questions even when you have been properly answered just becos you are dodging the truth.

They are all laws given by God for different purpose and intent.

For God to write the 10 with his fingers and demand it should be placed inside the Ark below the mercy seat shows it eternal nature.

It will take God 1mini secs to write the entire 600laws on a stone, the question is why did Gid choose to write only 10.

Do you know that Apostle John was shown the 10commandments in the book of Revelation still intact and preserved in the Ark of testament in the temple in Heaven?
Remember that the Ark of convanent built by Moses was a replica of what is in Heaven and both contain the 10commandments inside the Ark upon the mercy seat.

Exodus 25:9 According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

Hebrews 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

Revelation 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Showing its eternal nature.

As God cannot change so also the 10commandments cannot change they are a reflection of who God's is, his character
paul said the ten commandment is a ministry of death, so what is the argument for?

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:51pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
paul said the ten commandment is a ministry of death, so what is the argument for?

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

That's not the interpretation of that verse.
Becos it contradict God's word.
Click and read.

If you read this articles you would find that it was referring to the law of moses engraved on stones by Joshua as been instructed by Moses and not the 10commandments.

There are Bible verses as evidence.

ALL the laws that had been written by Moses into the “Book of the Law” were later engraved by Joshua on massive stones (Joshua 8:30-32, 34), pursuant to the word of Moses (Deuteronomy 27:2-3, cool

Secondly it is the ministration that is done away with not the law.

https://www.the-ten-commandments.org/2-Corinthians_3-7.html

https://www.eternalgod.org/does-2-corinthians-33-18-invalidate-the-ten-commandments-what-are-the-tablets-of-stone-and-what-is-the-ministry-of-death-written-and-engraved-on-stones-what-is-the-context-of-moses-glorio/
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:56pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

Do you even think or reason what you argue?

How can a law that is Just, Holy and good been done away with or against us?

God cannot contradict himself or liar

Romans 7:12

“Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.”

If the 10commandments are said to be just,Holy and good which are the exact nature of God.

Than logic or sense is supposed to tell you that any other reference to a law that does not have this qualities must be another law.

Becos A law that is Holy,just,good cannot at the same time be death,against us and bad.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:58pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
why are you dodging this simple question, is there any law that belongs to moses?

I did not dodge your question, like I said before Gid gave all the laws but each had their function and time frame.

Only the 10 commandments did God write with his fingers showing their eternal nature.

My question did the law of priesthood apply to all the Israelites?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:00pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

Good, those that place their faith in Christ has automatically fulfilled the yen commandment just as Abraham fulfilled it, my point is Abraham by the law of faith fulfill the 10 commandment when those who are struggling to keep it fail at it.
Even why there was no 10 commandment give out yet, Abraham fulfilled it by the law of faith.

That's a lie.

Do you have more faith in Christ than David?

So why did David fall?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:06pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
so where in that verse did ot say the theif was justified because he confessed christ?
The theif ask Jesus for a place in his kingdom because he Christ as his only hope of eternal life.
He was justified for this faith

Did you read yourself before posting?

What do you know is confession?

If that thief did not believe Jesus to be the Messiah he would not have acknowledged that Jesus was innocent, secondly that thief was remorseful for his crime becos he acknowledged that Christ did not deserve such death but they deserved it.

This is something God desires from us Humility and acceptance of our sinnerfullness.

To crown it all he pleaded for Christ to accept him in his Kingdom.

Which other confession do you need?

Do you need a native doctor or professor to tell you that the thief knew who Christ was and believed in him, for him to make such demands.

From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:27am On May 20, 2021
Man is justified by works of faith, works of faith justifies a man's faith.
Abeg what is the difference?

livingchrist:
You are wrong, works of faith justifies justify a man's faith.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:45am On May 20, 2021
which lying article taught you this lie?
Was it Joshua's face that shown that the Israelities could look at his face?

The first article debunk this, it said the ten Commandment is what is called the ministery of death, the second article is confused it said the law of moses was also called the law of God and again that the law of moses include the ten commandment was later engraven in stones, this was called death.

That verse didn't mentioned Joshua, the word of God does not lie, It was moses that went to recieve thr law from mount Sinai including the ten commandment but it was the ten commandment that were engraven in stones.

blueAgent:

That's not the interpretation of that verse.
Becos it contradict God's word.
Click and read.

If you read this articles you would find that it was referring to the law of moses engraved on stones by Joshua as been instructed by Moses and not the 10commandments.

There are Bible verses as evidence.

ALL the laws that had been written by Moses into the “Book of the Law” were later engraved by Joshua on massive stones (Joshua 8:30-32, 34), pursuant to the word of Moses (Deuteronomy 27:2-3, cool

Secondly it is the ministration that is done away with not the law.

https://www.the-ten-commandments.org/2-Corinthians_3-7.html

https://www.eternalgod.org/does-2-corinthians-33-18-invalidate-the-ten-commandments-what-are-the-tablets-of-stone-and-what-is-the-ministry-of-death-written-and-engraved-on-stones-what-is-the-context-of-moses-glorio/
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:23am On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

I did not dodge your question, like I said before Gid gave all the laws but each had their function and time frame.

Only the 10 commandments did God write with his fingers showing their eternal nature.

My question did the law of priesthood apply to all the Israelites?
Whether they have their time frame or not, they are all laws of God.
The ten commandment was later rewritten by moses on the stone.

Exodus 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

The ten commandments were also called the words of the covenant.

Deuteronomy 4:13
And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Hebrews 8:8
For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Ask yourself, if the first covenant (ten commandment) is eternal then why was there need for a second covenant?

The priest were meant to enforce the law,

But the priesthood has being change meaning the law they were meant to implement which was the ten commandment was also changed.

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 10:27am On May 20, 2021
blueAgent:

Did you read yourself before posting?

What do you know is confession?

If that thief did not believe Jesus to be the Messiah he would not have acknowledged that Jesus was innocent, secondly that thief was remorseful for his crime becos he acknowledged that Christ did not deserve such death but they deserved it.

This is something God desires from us Humility and acceptance of our sinnerfullness.

To crown it all he pleaded for Christ to accept him in his Kingdom.

Which other confession do you need?

Do you need a native doctor or professor to tell you that the thief knew who Christ was and believed in him, for him to make such demands.

From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Where is it written that the theif on the cross confessed Christ that is why he was justified?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:44am On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Where is it written that the theif on the cross confessed Christ that is why he was justified?

What is justified?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 10:53am On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

Exodus 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Ask yourself, if the first covenant (ten commandment) is eternal then why was there need for a second covenant?

But the priesthood has being change meaning the law they were meant to implement which was the ten commandment was also changed.

For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

You see how you are enforcing your lies that they are all laws of God inorder to fit your false narrative.

Even when it is obvious that they are separate laws.
See how you lie and add to God's word.

If they are all laws of God does it mean God cannot choose the ones he wants to abolish ?

What was changed was the Convenant not the law, besides in the new Connvenant the same law is written in our hearts not in stone, I know you will craftly ommit that.

The fault was with the Children of Israel and not God's convenant.

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my LAWS into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:18am On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

The law changed was the law of priesthood, only the Levites by law were supposed to be priest but Christ who was not from the tribe of Levites became our high priest hence the need to change the law.

Hebrews 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? Hebrews 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Hebrews 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedecsmiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:24am On May 20, 2021
livingchrist:

The problem is you spend little time on a topic, you barley research a subject before you make conclusions.

Here is the evidence it was the law of preisthood that was changed becos of Christ and not the law.

Hebrews 7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils. 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham: 7:6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better. 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth. 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. 7:13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar. 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna Online / Stop Joking With Hell Fire / How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.