Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? (10482 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:25pm On May 18, 2021
blueAgent:

But you saw it in Daniel 9:10 that they are different laws.
Even Daniel distinguished them

It's also obvious to anyone who has a functional brain and is honest that the Laws were different,

One was written by God himself and placed inside the Ark.

The order was written by Moses and placed outside the Ark.

It is also obvious that the laws have different functions.

You are only deceiving yourself if you claim you do not know they are different.

Even a primary 5 pupil knows what the 10commandments are and that they are different from other laws.

In nigeria constitution are all the laws the same ?
And do they act or function in the same way?
where in Daniel did ot say the law of moses is different from the law of God?
The law consist of different commands, but together they make up the law, you cant keep one and leave the rest all must go together or else you are a law breaker.
You are confused! Did moses form any law?
James said God is the only law giver

James 4:12
There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

All the laws of moses where given by God, there is no difference between laws God wrote with his hands and those he dictated, they all came from the same God.

You just argue blindly, you dont want to admit your error.
Nigerian constitution is one but consist of many parts, same with the law.
Whenever the bible mentions "The law it includes the ten commandment".
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:27pm On May 18, 2021
blueAgent:

All through the Bible the evidence is there that they are all different laws.
you are talking off point!
All the laws were from God but were given to the israelities through moses, hence they are called the law of moses moses do not really have any laws.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:32pm On May 18, 2021
blueAgent:

See you twisting Bible verses.

And how is a living faith differentiated from a dead faith?
you are simply ignorant sir.
The difference between living faith and dead faith is works.
Living faith produces works but a dead faith does not.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:34pm On May 18, 2021
blueAgent:

Are you telling me you did not read the entire bible verse?

Note.
James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty
the questions are simple?
Which of the ten commandment did Rahab, Abraham, the theif on the cross did that made God declare them righteous?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:36pm On May 18, 2021
blueAgent:

That's a lie.

Works are the evidence of one having faith in God.

Even the Devil and Demons and armed robbers,prostitutes, killers,liars, drunkards all this people have faith and believe in God and Jesus.

But the lack one thing, which is works, and works simply means obidence to God's God's commandments.
Read the book of James, there is a difference between believing there is God and actually believing in that God.
See, how the devil is deceiving you.
The devils do not believe in God they only believe there is God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:41pm On May 18, 2021
blueAgent:

Where did you see sinners that will not die?

You cannot be in Christ and still don't obey his commandments.

It's not by wishful thinking.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

It is that simple.

There is nothing like law of faith.
you are venting ignorance where did I say if you are Christ you do not obey him.
I mentioned the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus, that is the law those in Christ walk in.
Those who live by the law of Christ fulfill the ten commandments and even go beyond it.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:46pm On May 18, 2021
blueAgent:

Where did you see sinners that will not die?

You cannot be in Christ and still don't obey his commandments.

It's not by wishful thinking.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

It is that simple.

There is nothing like law of faith.
@ bolded really?

Romans 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

That is why I asked you which law was Abraham walking by, before the ten commandment, you ranting.
Abraham and indeed all the other saints lived by the law of faith.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:36pm On May 18, 2021
blueAgent:

The 10 commandments were existing before Adam and Eve sinned against God or were even created.

It is the very foundation of God's government.

Sinned is not imputed were there is no law.

Jesus said Satan has been sinning right from the beginning, we all know that Satan wanted the throne and glory of God, which means he broke the first 3 commandments.

For more click and read.

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/10-commandments/the-ten-commandments/10-commandments-moses/

The ten commandment was put together as a written code during the time of moses and was administered by moses hence it came through moses but it does not mean it originated from moses.
Hence the law including the ten commandments came through moses.
Before moses there was nothing as the ten commandment as a written code.

For example, the law of circumcision, although this law existed before moses yet to is called the law of moses, that is because it is was all included in the law given to moses.

Same argument can be made concerning circumcision and burnt offerings, these originated before moses but were later part of the written law.

Galatians 3:21
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

The ten commandment cannot make anyone righteous, till date you cannot answer me which of the ten commandment made God declare Abraham righteous?

The answer is simple no one, there is no law that can make anybody righteous.

I m not saying the ten commandment is not Good infact, the ten commandment is a shadow of the real deal, the law of Christ is the real deal.
The law of circumcision, sabbath, burnt offerings and indeed every law have their fulfillment and true meaning in Christ.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by bobestman(m): 9:52pm On May 18, 2021
The entire commandments was summarized into 10 commandments. The 10 commandments itself was summarized into a 4 letter word which is LOVE. If you can't love the Creator and your fellow men, you can't keep the commandments. Those who claim to keep the Laws usually hate and insult others who don't and that act alone is a breach to the commands. Everyone keeps the 10 commandments but the 4th which is a mystery unknown to earthlings cos it's part of the unsealings.
Righteousness and Humility is key but don't speak against the law or commandments and say it's done away, the Messiah is the law and lawgiver. If you speak against the law, you speak against him

1 Like

Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:07pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
All the laws were from God but were given to the israelities through moses, hence they are called the law of moses moses do not really have any laws.

So which law did Jesus say will not pass away ?

Is it the same law of Moses which you said has passed away?

Is Jesus liaring?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:09pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

Clown.

Did God write all the Laws with his finger?

Where all the laws put into the Ark?

Did all the laws pertain to all the Israelites?

Were is it written that all the laws are called laws of Moses?
Did prophet Daniel differentiate the 2 laws or not?

Don't tell me you are a habitual liar.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:10pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
you are simply ignorant sir.
The difference between living faith and dead faith is works.
Living faith produces works but a dead faith does not.

I agree am ingnorant.

So what are the works?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:12pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
Which of the ten commandment did Rahab, Abraham, the theif on the cross did that made God declare them righteous?

The thief was declared righteous by his confession on the Cross, but if he had continued living after that day and fall back to sin.

He would have not gotten into Heaven?

Will a prostitute who died in her occupation make Heaven?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:18pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
Read the book of James, there is a difference between believing there is God and actually believing in that God.

You are confused,

Good, so what doe believing in God entails?

Does a murderer, a prostitute, a lair ,A 419 believe in God or not?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:18pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

As usual you deviated from answering my question.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:21pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
you are venting ignorance where did I say if you are Christ you do not obey him.
I mentioned the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus, that is the law those in Christ walk in.
Those who live by the law of Christ fulfill the ten commandments and even go beyond it.

What is the law of the spirit of Christ.

And does it contain?

Many of us did not live in the time of Christ so we do not know what he did and did not do.

So what is this law of spirit?

If I meet an Armed robber and tell them to fellow the law of spirit what do you think he will understand by that?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:22pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

Abeg show me in the bible were Christ told anyone one that they need the law of the spirit to enter Heaven?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:26pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

@ bolded really?

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

That is why I asked you which law was Abraham walking by, before the ten commandment, you ranting.
Abraham and indeed all the other saints lived by the law of faith.

Up till now your head have not told you that when the Bible talks about faith in Christ it means faith that leads to obedience to God's commandments.

Romans 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Romans 2:13
(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;

Matthew 19:17
So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

Romans 8:7
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

1 Corinthians 7:19
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

James 2:24
You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:41pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

The ten commandment was put together as a written code during the time of moses and was administered by moses hence it came through moses but it does not mean it originated from moses.

For example, the law of circumcision, although this law existed before moses yet to is called the law of moses, that is because it is was all included in the law given to moses.

Same argument can be made concerning circumcision and burnt offerings, these originated before moses but were later part of the written law.

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

The ten commandment cannot make anyone righteous, till date you cannot answer me which of the ten commandment made God declare Abraham righteous?

I m not saying the ten commandment is not Good infact, the ten commandment is a shadow of the real deal, the law of Christ is the real deal.
The law of circumcision, sabbath, burnt offerings and indeed every law have their fulfillment and true meaning in Christ.

d

Define Sin?
Does Sin still exist Now?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:43pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

@ bolded really?
Abraham and indeed all the other saints lived by the law of faith works of faith
There is nothing like LAW OF FAITH what we found in the Bible is the WORKS OF FAITH!

God's word says "nobody will be declared righteous by WORKS OF THE LAWS" {Galatians 2:16} that's why Jesus never approved the Jew who said "i have been practicing everything the law says" {Luke 18:18-23} otherwise the man wouldn't have needed anything else after fulfilling the works of the law!

Rather we will be justified by the WORKS OF FAITH! smiley
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:45pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

Joshua 2:8 And before they were laid down, she came up unto them upon the roof; 2:9 And she said unto the men, I know that the LORD hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you. 2:10 For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red sea for you, when ye came out of Egypt; and what ye did unto the two kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom ye utterly destroyed. 2:11 And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath. 2:12 Now therefore, I pray you, swear unto me by the LORD, since I have shewed you kindness, that ye will also shew kindness unto my father's house, and give me a true token: 2:13 And that ye will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brethren, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death. 2:14 And the men answered her, Our life for yours, if ye utter not this our business. And it shall be, when the LORD hath given us the land, that we will deal kindly and truly with thee. 2:15 Then she let them down by a cord through the window: for her house was upon the town wall, and she dwelt upon the wall. 2:16 And she said unto them, Get you to the mountain, lest the pursuers meet you; and hide yourselves there three days, until the pursuers be returned: and afterward may ye go your way. 2:17 And the men said unto her, We will be blameless of this thine oath which thou hast made us swear.

Go and read the 10commandments and note the first 3 then you will see the ones Rahab obeyed.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 6:50pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:

1 John 3:4
Verse Concepts
Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

Abeg explain this verse.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:15pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

So which law did Jesus say will not pass away ?

Is it the same law of Moses which you said has passed away?

Is Jesus liaring?
Jesus was speaking of The law

Jesus didn't say the law will not pass away but that they will all be fulfilled before they pass away, you are turning the scripture upside down.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by sonmvayina(m): 8:21pm On May 19, 2021
The 10 commandments Is for the Jewish people...the rest of mankind is under the 7 noahide laws. They are universal.

It is what we all be judged with.

Not giving your life to an idol(jesus)..
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:31pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

Clown.

Did God write all the Laws with his finger?

Where all the laws put into the Ark?

Did all the laws pertain to all the Israelites?

Were is it written that all the laws are called laws of Moses?
Did prophet Daniel differentiate the 2 laws or not?

Don't tell me you are a habitual liar.
You are filled with bitterness because I tell you the truth, any building built on lies will fall.

I ask you a question, did moses own any law?
Are they not all laws of God both written by moses or not?
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:34pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

I agree am ingnorant.

So what are the works?

works of faith. For example Abraham wantes to sacrifice his son because God told him to do so, Abel made a very good sacrifice to God, rehab his the Israelites spies, these are not written in the ten commandment are they? These are works of faith.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:39pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

The thief was declared righteous by his confession on the Cross, but if he had continued living after that day and fall back to sin.

He would have not gotten into Heaven?

Will a prostitute who died in her occupation make Heaven?
Is there a verse that said the theif was made righteous because he confessed Christ?
No sir falling into sin would not make him lose his salvation.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 8:43pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

You are confused,

Good, so what doe believing in God entails?

Does a murderer, a prostitute, a lair ,A 419 believe in God or not?

To believe in God is to trust put ones trust in God in totality.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:03pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

What is the law of the spirit of Christ.

And does it contain?

Many of us did not live in the time of Christ so we do not know what he did and did not do.

So what is this law of spirit?

If I meet an Armed robber and tell them to fellow the law of spirit what do you think he will understand by that?

You do not need to live in the time of Christ to know what to do, because the Holy spirit teaches the christian.

An arm robber does not need to be told to follow the law of the spirit, all he need to do after being born again is to fashion himself after the image of Christ, in other all he needs is the awakening of his new image in Christ Jesus and he will live in righteousness.

In the new testament we are to stand and walk in our new position given to us in Christ, but those who walk by the law strive to enter that position which is gotten in Christ Jesus freely.

A Christian falls away when he begins to strive for what he has gotten freely in Christ. For example in Christ Jesus I m righteous and holy,

A Christian is growing towards the image of christ in an ever increasing intensity, He grows in love, patience, faith, meekness, longsuffering, honesty, and all the dimension of the fruit of the spirit, the more consistently he behold the glory of Christ the more transformed he his.

In other words, the new life in Christ is about growth and continuous growth into the fully formed image of christ.

The ten commandments is basic, its purpose to to lead men to Christ, while the law of the spirit causes righteousness and growth towards christ.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:06pm On May 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There is nothing like LAW OF FAITH what we found in the Bible is the WORKS OF FAITH!

God's word says "nobody will be declared righteous by WORKS OF THE LAWS" {Galatians 2:16} that's why Jesus never approved the Jew who said "i have been practicing everything the law says" {Luke 18:18-23} otherwise the man wouldn't have needed anything else after fulfilling the works of the law!

[s]Rather we will be justified by the WORKS OF FAITH! smiley[/s]
You are wrong, works of faith justifies justify a man's faith.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by livingchrist: 9:10pm On May 19, 2021
blueAgent:

Joshua 2:8 And before they were laid down, she came up unto them upon the roof; 2:9 And she said unto the men, I know that the LORD hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you. 2:10 For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red sea for you, when ye came out of Egypt; and what ye did unto the two kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom ye utterly destroyed. 2:11 And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath. 2:12 Now therefore, I pray you, swear unto me by the LORD, since I have shewed you kindness, that ye will also shew kindness unto my father's house, and give me a true token: 2:13 And that ye will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brethren, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death. 2:14 And the men answered her, Our life for yours, if ye utter not this our business. And it shall be, when the LORD hath given us the land, that we will deal kindly and truly with thee. 2:15 Then she let them down by a cord through the window: for her house was upon the town wall, and she dwelt upon the wall. 2:16 And she said unto them, Get you to the mountain, lest the pursuers meet you; and hide yourselves there three days, until the pursuers be returned: and afterward may ye go your way. 2:17 And the men said unto her, We will be blameless of this thine oath which thou hast made us swear.

Go and read the 10commandments and note the first 3 then you will see the ones Rahab obeyed.
you ended up not answering my question,
Was there any ten commandment that told Rahab that Jehovah is the only true God?
She happens to know by what the works of Jehovah.
By the way believing there is one God is not what Justifies Rahab, even demons believe there is one God.
Re: The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:18pm On May 19, 2021
livingchrist:
you ended up not answering my question,
Was there any ten commandment that told Rahab that Jehovah is the only true God?
She happens to know by what the works of Jehovah.
By the way believing there is one God is not what Justifies Rahab, even demons believe there is one God.

So what justified her?
If she had no knowledge that God was supreme and above every other gods would she had put on trust and faith in God?

Was she the only person in the town?
Have you not read of other tribes that fought the Israelites even with the stories they heard about God and how he fought for the Israelites becos they believed in their gods?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna Online / Stop Joking With Hell Fire / How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.