Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? (26073 Views)

How Loan Apps Have Ruined My Life / Man Buys His Wife Range Rover: 'She Used to Come to my House with Keke' / If Your Fiance Wears This To Your House... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Dogasas: 9:47pm On May 25, 2021
Do they come to your house address? And also what can be done to prevent them sending messages to your contacts. I made half payments today and told the rude customer care girl I promise to pay the remaining 30% by Friday. She wasn't having any of it and threatened to teach me a lesson I'll never forget. In her words

"I'll teach you a lesson you will never forget".

I was like what's wrong with this girl. At least have patience I'll be paying the rest by Friday and if I don't, you can go ahead with your threats. She hissed and hung up. 5 min later, I got a text from her saying she gives me an ultimatum till 4pm else she'll bring police, report to efcc, bring soldier , report to credit bereu etc. I just ignored not until I started receiving calls from friends and families that they've been getting some messages about me tagging me a criminal and chronic debtor on the run with companies money and I'll be arrested and jailed soon.. haaa I was shocked mehn. They all thought I stole millions of naira from government vault or CBN. I was ashamed to tell them it was 7k. My fiancee got the message and had a panic attack, she was already in tears when I got home. She called me severally before getting home but I refused to pick up because I knew she must have gotten the message too.

From my knowledge, it's a routine thing they do. Avoid these apps

Soko loan, kashkash, 9credit, cashlion , nairaplus, gocash and many more. They'll ruin your image.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by zutu(m): 9:52pm On May 25, 2021
Oga go pay dem their money, to save ur self embarrassment.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by valdes00(m): 9:53pm On May 25, 2021
They wont come to your house address... But they will so embarrass you, you'd wish they come sef grin
They willl send different demeaning messages to your contacts, just try and pay them back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Beblessedbaba: 9:54pm On May 25, 2021
You too see the names you mentioned.

Do they they sound like responsible firms ?

You will lose more borrowing from these dudes and they will destroy your image...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Capitawap: 9:54pm On May 25, 2021
Bro, nobody go come your house. use your real address. They know it's a dangerous thing to go to a debtor house after blackmailing him by sending stupid texts to his contacts. They might get killed or arrested . Those idiots no even go office. If they near your gate, tell him/her you r going to dress up so you can go and make the payment at their office. You go find out they no even get office . He for don japa before you baff return.

10 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Capitawap: 9:57pm On May 25, 2021
Beblessedbaba:
You too see the names you mentioned.

Do they they sound like responsible firms ?

You will lose more borrowing from these dudes and they will destroy your image...
Exactly weytin I dey tell am. Only branch carbon fairmoney and I think Ren money are recognized by credit bureau and CBN. The rest na Yahoo boys get am. There are better means to recover a debt rather than blackmailing people. That's Nonsense. Na Google play store allow them. You can never find them on iOS coz iOS knows alot of them are scammers and phishers.

20 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by TheLoanGuy: 10:00pm On May 25, 2021
Yes and no.

Most loan companies or "apps" like you call them usually outsource house verification to a 3rd party company. These companies usually run background checks on your office and home address.
Some other loan companies do it by themselves, they have staff who go for contact address verification, that's usually done after you've taken the loan.

However, the way top financial institutions handle cases of repayment is to readjust your payment structure and add more interests. At least that's how we do it, but Nigerians prefer iron if not most of them would rather not pay.

5 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Ugwoji101(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2021
they come to your house address? And also what can be done to prevent them sending messages to your contacts. I made half payments today and told the rude customer care girl I promise to pay the remaining 30% by Friday. She wasn't having any of it and threatened to teach me a lesson I'll never forget. In her words

"I'll teach you a lesson you will never forget".

I was like what's wrong with this girl. At least have patience I'll be paying the rest by Friday and if I don't, you can go ahead with your threats. She hissed and hung up. 5 min later, I got a text from her saying she gives me an ultimatum till 4pm else she'll bring police, report to efcc, bring soldier , report to credit bereu etc. I just ignored not until I started receiving calls from friends and families that they've been getting some messages about me tagging me a criminal and chronic debtor on the run with companies money and I'll be arrested and jailed soon.. haaa I was shocked mehn. They all thought I stole millions of naira from government vault or CBN. I was ashamed to tell them it was 7k. My fiancee got the message and had a panic attack, she was already in tears when I got home. She called me severally before getting home but I refused to pick up because I knew she must have gotten the message too.

From my knowledge, it's a routine thing they do. Avoid these apps

Soko loan, kashkash, 9credit, cashlion , nairaplus, gocash and many more. They'll ruin your image. To remove them from having access to your contact list and messages, Go to your settings and open apps and notifications then click permission manager,you will see calendar,call logs,camera, contacts, location, microphone,phone,sms and storage.click on these apps I just mentioned and and click deny on every one of them,once it is done they will stop calling and sending messages to your contacts.I defaulted in paying my loan for a day due to the fact that I travelled and there was no network over there to repay my loan though I have paid half of the loan before travelled.when I came back the next day my friends called me and told me that sokoloan said I am a thief,that I duped them and ran away with their money,that I cannot be trusted.even the girl from sokoloan that called me was unapologetic and even threatened me with calls,text messages and what's app messages.At the juncture I screen shotted my account balance and sent to her for her to see that I am able and capable to pay the money. I denied them access to all the applications I mentioned and above and told them that I will never pay that money again that they have just succeeded in blackmailing and assassinating my character,that I will only pay that money unless they send a message to my contacts apologizing and telling them that they acted in error.It is over four months and I have not paid the loan and will never pay it.they don't have access to my contact list again and as a result of that they have been cajoling me to pay the loan by promising to give me loan upto 100k once I pay the loan.my brother this online loan company are usurpers,their interest rate is exorbitant,I advice you to desist from borrowing loan from them again.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by NewDelhi(m): 10:19pm On May 25, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
Yes and no.

Most loan companies or "apps" like you call them usually outsource house verification to a 3rd party company. These companies usually run background checks on your office and home address.
Some other loan companies do it by themselves, they have staff who gave for contact address verification, that's usually done after you've taken the loan.

However, the way top financial institutions handle cases of repayment is to readjust your payment structure and add more interests. At least that's how we do it, but Nigerians prefer iron if not most of them would rather not pay.
Those are the standard and licenced ones with verifiable offices and not these so called soko loan , kashkash etc. The federal government has warned Nigerians to stop borrowing from them, you people don't listen. They aren't licenced. Infact , if you go to court, you'll win them handsdown. They have no right to defame you, that's slander, that's libel. Also a debtor is never a criminal. A debtor doesn't go to jail. Highest the judge does is negotiate a payment plan between you both and back it up with a collateral and undertaking. So if any sokoloan agent shows at your get even if he comes with a soldier, hold them both. You'll settle it in court. Nobody has the right to blackmail you because of a debt. Why call someone a criminal on the run with company money? I've gotten several messages from them concerning people who used their services and I happened to be in their contact list.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by NewDelhi(m): 10:32pm On May 25, 2021
Also, these things are called loan sharks and they aren't licenced. That's why they offer you loans with ridiculous interest as high as 50% and also short payment duration. They can offer you 25k to pay back 38k in 10 days. If you're lucky enough , 14 days. (The licenced ones like carbon and branch can give you 2 months to pay up). The

The loansharks sokoloan, kashkash, lcredit know you can't meet up with the payment but you need they money urgently so you'll definitely accept the offer. That's how they trap you. When you default, they keep adding extra charges for each day that passes. Then after some days, they start their usual antics by threatening you, impersonating police. Some will even be blowing siren at the background to make it look real. Don't fall for it. These loan sharks are very common in India. When I was in India, I knew a guy who borrowed from about 95 of these apps grin. There are over 800 loan apps on Google play with Indian IP. Even in naija they are up to 70+.

Nigerians are bad debtors no doubt but at the same time, i believe there are better ways of recovering a debt. Blackmailing is never an option. It can scar people for life. Some people have lost their jobs to these loan apps , they texted their bosses. Some have had their relationship dented. I know someone whose mother collapsed after they texted her that her son was a wanted criminal and will be arrested soon. It's just too bad. Loansharks are owned by these Chinese. They started with India now they Don flood sub Saharan Africa.

]if a loan app agent blackmail you , DO NOT PAY ONE NAIRA. . The damage and scar they've caused you ain't worth one naira. They can't blackmail you and you'll still go ahead to pay them. It means you're a fool !!!

22 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by fringz11(m): 10:41pm On May 25, 2021
Once you get the loan

Uninstall the fucken app or deny access to contacts, location or gallery... finished

Since they decided to send messages to my contacts.... I told them point blank that I'm not paying a dime....they should do their worst.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by stupidmod3: 10:42pm On May 25, 2021
they sent me this msg, me i dont kuku know the guy, na unknown upcoming artist full my contact list.

below was my fast reply, i dey vex type d msg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Mrxawe: 11:14pm On May 25, 2021
fringz11:
Once you get the loan

Uninstall the fucken app or deny access to contacts, location or gallery... finished

Since they decided to send messages to my contacts.... I told them point blank that I'm not paying a dime....they should do their worst.
I don't think that thing works. I hear they upload all your contacts to their servers. They have already prepared your blackmail down.

Well I can't forget what sokoloan did to me. I've always been their good customer and built a trust. At a point they were offering me 150k . Few weeks to my bday, I froze my firstbank account with USSD due to some suspicious withdrawal which I believe is from their second app called go cash. At a point I was using go cash (don't be tricked, they are the same company). I needed to buy some stuffs for my birthday but my UBA wasn't having enough money so I used sokoloan to collect 150k with one crazy interests . All to be paid withing 14 days lol. Those people no get joy. However, before my due date , i paid their money through one transfer option on the app but they didn't reconcile my account. I called the customer care girl tire, she was so rude and lacked manners. I even showed her evidence from my bank yet she still say they never see anything for their end after 3 days. Friday before my bday on Saturday they called me and started talking anyhow. I told her point-blank I no dey pay one naira and she should go and trace the money and reconcile my sokoloan account. Later she texted me that she give me 4 hours to pay up else she go involve police lol I no move.

My birthday came the following day and I was having some nice time with friends in a lounge when their phones started beeping simultaneously. I jokingly said "maga don wire una money again? Come teach me this Yahoo thing na". I never knew it was that agent of the devil sokoloan that texted some of my contacts that I was a criminal on the run with company money and anybody that sees me should report to the nearest police station. grin I Sha noticed some of my goons con dey look me somehow. One of them Sha managed to drag me somewhere and showed me the message. Omo I was shocked. I felt like fainting. He sha tell me make I no shake say we stand brekete. The guy really thought I was on the run with the money of one multinational company cheesy he didn't know what sokoloan was.

I returned to the lounge and found out that the mood of some of my friends had changed most especially the ladies. For their mind they'll be like abi na company money this Bobo use do faaji for us ni.. to chop my food sef con hard them. Avoid these loan apps. It's demonic. They will ruin you.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by fringz11(m): 11:22pm On May 25, 2021
Mrxawe:

I don't think that thing works. I hear they upload all your contacts to their servers. They have already prepared your blackmail down.

Well I can't forget what sokoloan did to me. I've always been their good customer and built a trust. At a point they were offering me 150k . Few weeks to my bday, I froze my firstbank account with USSD due to some suspicious withdrawal which I believe is from their second app called go cash. At a point I was using go cash (don't be tricked, they are the same company). I needed to buy some stuffs for my birthday but my UBA wasn't having enough money so I used sokoloan to collect 150k with one crazy interests . All to be paid withing 14 days lol. Those people no get joy. However, before my due date , i paid their money through one transfer option on the app but they didn't reconcile my account. I called the customer care girl tire, she was so rude and lacked manners. I even showed her evidence from my bank yet she still say they never see anything for their end after 3 days. Friday before my bday on Saturday they called me and started talking anyhow. I told her point-blank I no dey pay one naira and she should go and trace the money and reconcile my sokoloan account. Later she texted me that she give me 4 hours to pay up else she go involve police lol I no move.

My birthday came the following day and I was having some nice time with friends in a lounge when their phones started beeping simultaneously. I jokingly said "maga don wire una money again? Come teach me this Yahoo thing na". I never knew it was that agent of the devil sokoloan that texted some of my contacts that I was a criminal on the run with company money and anybody that sees me should report to the nearest police station. grin I Sha noticed some of my goons con dey look me somehow. One of them Sha managed to drag me somewhere and showed me the message. Omo I was shocked. I felt like fainting. He sha tell me make I no shake say we stand brekete. The guy really thought I was on the run with the money of one multinational company cheesy he didn't know what sokoloan was.

I returned to the lounge and found out that the mood of some of my friends had changed most especially the ladies. For their mind they'll be like abi na company money this Bobo use do faaji for us ni.. to chop my food sef con hard them. Avoid these loan apps. It's demonic. They will ruin you.

Wetin dem do me ..... I tell dem say I no dey pay shi shi make dem go collect from the contacts they messaged

1 Like

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by thatsleepboy1: 11:40pm On May 25, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Dogasas: 5:43am On May 26, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Na loan apps like this I dey like wella. I have no serious person on my contact list.
If you have serious and influential people on your contact list, don't try it. Alot of people have lost their jobs to this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Mrxawe: 6:05am On May 26, 2021
fringz11:

Wetin dem do me ..... I tell dem say I no dey pay shi shi make dem go collect from the contacts they messaged
Those guys funny jare. After shaming you they will still have mind to be calling and ask you when you will make payments. Lwkmd. They get liver sha.

2 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Emmerlee(m): 6:29am On May 26, 2021
Which yeye image? You that has failed to keep a simple agreement to pay up on a particular date do you have or deserve an image?

Abeg swerve and go fix your shitty integrity issues first undecided

7 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Kobicove(m): 7:08am On May 26, 2021
Emmerlee:
Which yeye image? You that has failed to keep a simple agreement to pay up on a particular date do you have or deserve an image?

Abeg swerve and fix your shitty integrity issues first undecided

Abeg help me ask them o! undecided

1 Like

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:13am On May 26, 2021
Allow app to read contact (yes)
Allow app to display over others (yes)
Allow app to this and that (yes)
If only many of us know

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Nobody: 7:33am On May 26, 2021
You guys on this thread are not doing well.

Why take a loan when you know you won’t pay? How else do you guys think the loan companies will survive and dish out more loans. Not cool.

6 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Mrxawe: 7:54am On May 26, 2021
Carchoice:
You guys on this thread are not doing well.

Why take a loan when you know you won’t pay? How else do you guys think the loan companies will survive and dish out more loans. Not cool.
Oga, nobody is saying they wont pay. You shouldn't be quick to defame because of a few days default. Some of them quickly start defaming on the due day. Why message his contacts that he's a criminal wanted by the police . Some of them will even bring your family name and father into the message. They are the real criminals that's why they target developing and poverty stricken countries like Nigeria and India. It's criminal to charge 50% interest on a loan, I've even seen 70% before. They know you red that money urgently and will definitely be tempted to accept the offer.. It is also criminal to start defaming the person. Many people have commited suicide because of them. Many have lost their jobs. They're the real criminals. Only branch , carbon and fairmoney deserve to operate . The rest, they need to be arrested and locked up. You don't even know these apps are owned by Chinese lol. If you understand the way Chinese doing business in 9ja treat their workers ehn you won't be talking anyhow.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Mrxawe: 7:56am On May 26, 2021
Stephenmoka4:
Allow app to read contact (yes)

Allow app to display over others (yes)

Allow app to this and that (yes)

If only many of us know
If you reject this , will it stop them?
Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Mrxawe: 7:58am On May 26, 2021
Emmerlee:

Abeg swerve and fix your shitty integrity issues first undecided
You're no doubt one of them. You have blood on your hands. Do you know how many people must have commited suicide because of you. When your life is stagnant and you're not making progress in life, go and look for one baba to show you the source of your predicament. You might be shocked when you find out.

8 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Nobody: 8:37am On May 26, 2021
Mrxawe:

Oga, nobody is saying they wont pay. You shouldn't be quick to defame because of a few days default. Some of them quickly start defaming on the due day. Why message his contacts that he's a criminal wanted by the police . Some of them will even bring your family name and father into the message. They are the real criminals that's why they target developing and poverty stricken countries like Nigeria and India. It's criminal to charge 50% interest on a loan, I've even seen 70% before. They know you red that money urgently and will definitely be tempted to accept the offer.. It is also criminal to start defaming the person. Many people have commited suicide because of them. Many have lost their jobs. They're the real criminals. Only branch , carbon and fairmoney deserve to operate . The rest, they need to be arrested and locked up. You don't even know these apps are owned by Chinese lol. If you understand the way Chinese doing business in 9ja treat their workers ehn you won't be talking anyhow.
did you read the terms and conditions before taking the loan? Was the interest rate hidden from you? Repaying a loan is supposed to be before the due date. Anyone taking a loan should know this.

2 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:46am On May 26, 2021
Mrxawe:

If you reject this , will it stop them?
Yes. App needed information from contact before sending to their server. Anyways, I would only do this on phone I clear contact or edit contact (would sync with Google later)
Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:54am On May 26, 2021
If it's soko loan, 9jacash or gocash, they're all the same company, then it's your fault.

These three companies I mentioned on your due date an agent will call and threaten you to pay up before 2pm. They won't send any messages tho.

The following day which is your first day of default, another agent will be assigned to you and will be given one week to recover the loan or risk his/her salary being deducted.

Now if you paid half as you claimed and promised to pay up the rest within that agent's one week, he/she won't send any message to you contact. They would only do so after the time given to them elapses or is about to elapse and you're not showing commitment towards paying up the loan.

Next time try to be truthful...most of these loan staffs go through hell to recover back their loans.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Emmerlee(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2021
Mrxawe:

You're no doubt one of them. You have blood on your hands. Do you know how many people must have commited suicide because of you. When your life is stagnant and you're not making progress in life, go and look for one baba to show you the source of your predicament. You might be shocked when you find out.

What's this one saying abeg? Are you high on dog sh*t or something

So anyone who tells the raw truth must be "one of them"? Which kin human be this one abeg cry

You took a loan with an agreement to pay back.. a loan that was not given to you at gun point. Do you know if the owners of that money you took as loan have also "committed suicide" in your own words? If you are like that then you have no integrity and are a crook.. fix that and you will fix your life! If you can't understand this then I can't help you. See a shrink and check in for rehabilitation.

By the way I don't work with any of them, that one nor be better work at all. But that doesn't mean I should not say the truth as it is. If you can't pay back, don't borrow. Otherwise you are just a thief trying to be smart by half!

2 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Mrxawe: 9:12am On May 26, 2021
FalseProphet1:
If it's soko loan, 9jacash or gocash, they're all the same company, then it's your fault.

These three companies I mentioned on your due date an agent will call and threaten you to pay up before 2pm. They won't send any messages tho.

The following day which is your first day of default, another agent will be assigned to you and will be given one week to recover the loan or risk his/her salary being deducted.

Now if you paid half as you claimed and promised to pay up the rest within that agent's one week, he/she won't send any message to you contact. They would only do so after the time given to them elapses or is about to elapse and you're not showing commitment towards paying up the loan.

Next time try to be truthful...most of these loan staffs go through hell to recover back their loans.
So defaming someone is the best way to recover a loan right? The defaulter is wrong, the recovery agent is also wrong.

1 Like

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by Mrxawe: 9:14am On May 26, 2021
FalseProphet1:

You sound like their staff. The bolded gave you away. That's part of what they text the contacts of their victims

7 Likes

Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by FalseProphet1(m): 9:33am On May 26, 2021
Mrxawe:

You sound like their staff. The bolded gave you away. That's part of what they text the contacts of their victims
I'm not their staff, I just know how they operate cos I have a female friend who works there and has encouraged me to take their loans on several occasions. So most of these customers are only trying to secure their jobs
Re: Do These Loan Apps Come To Your House Address? by FalseProphet1(m): 9:34am On May 26, 2021
Mrxawe:

So defaming someone is the best way to recover a loan right? The defaulter is wrong, the recovery agent is also wrong.
Yes it's very wrong I won't argue with you...but hey this is Nigeria where nothing is being regulated

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Silly Things Ladies Do When In Love / Ladies, What Is Your Description Of A Gentleman / Pregnant Girl Drinks Sniper In Lagos, Gets Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.