Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? (40392 Views)

My Girlfriend Broke My Heart Because I Want To Follow My Dreams-pls Advise / This Girl I Follow On Instagram Killed Someone Today / How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by omolola100(f): 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2021
emmaodet:

That doesn't mean you are still not dependent.
Can you rent a self contain? Pay utility bills like light(Nepa), dstv etc without banking on a man? Can you get a car for yourself? Build your own house so that you won't sleep under the bridge at your old age or go back to family house?

If you can't, then you are a dependant because those are the things you will be hoping to pile on a man as a pressure.
Are you trying to say that a lady can't pay bills without the support of a man?
you are joking brother

5 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by emmaodet: 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
omolola100:

Are you trying to say that a lady can't pay bills without the support of a man?
you are joking brother

No, didn't say so.
My point is that being able to do your hair or buy cream is far from being independent.

27 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Raalsalghul: 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2021
emmaodet:

Bro, why do i think you are kind of pacifying her to marry a man with potential.
Women are not doing any man a favour by sticking with them. If they like make them marry or not, men won't die and life will move on.
Only if you know that most men are also enduring them.
Hardly will you see a nigerian relationship that is balanced.
It is all about what they can gain from men.
Most of the relationship have ever been were a waste of time and resources. I don't fancy it anymore.
How will you date a woman for 3,6 months or a year without nothing to show for it.
You look back, no boxers, no wrist watch, no singlet or wears, sneakers etc NOTHING!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! and you think i will be proud of such person? Someone i can remember with anything, no hosting me on outing or pool or cinema etc

It is very very very boring.
Love should be give and take.
If you are too broke to buy things for your bf in a relationship, then am sorry you have a misplaced priority.
What you need as a woman then is a job and not a relationship.

grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by flokii: 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2021
emmaodet:

Bro, why do i think you are kind of pacifying her to marry a man with potential.
Women are not doing any man a favour by sticking with them. If they like make them marry or not, men won't die and life will move on.
Most of the relationship have ever been were a waste of time and resources. I don't fancy it anymore.
How will you date a woman for 3,6 months or a year without nothing to show for it.
You look back, no boxers, no wrist watch, no singlet or wears, sneakers etc NOTHING!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! and you think i will be proud of such person? Someone i can remember with anything, no hosting me on outing or pool or cinema etc
If you are too broke to buy things for your bf in a relationship, then am sorry you have a misplaced priority.

Hmmn.. I get your drift but on a second look, we men need women same way they need us.
The smart ones try to get things or surprise their husbands or boyfriends once in a while to give a sense of balance in the relationship.

I've seen girls that have understanding, they won't push you beyond your limits and some have their own money but just need genuine affection from a man.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tony142: 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2021
omolola100:
My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.
she said i should marry a man that we will both start our life from the foundation, according to my mum, she said it is better to suffer with man to acquire wealth, than to go for a ready made soup.

Looking at the way things are going now, do you think a woman will now stoop so low and marry a poor man that is trying to make ends meet? Although, money is not love, but why would a parent wish her daughter to marry a poor man, i am begining to see my mum as a bad mother who does'nt wish me well.
Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.

By the time your mother get to old age and u are unable to take good care of her, and she ask u, why are u not sending me money, tell her that the poor man she ask u to marry have not even being able to take care of you not to talk of you having money to send her cheesy

Your mother says that if u want to have peace of mind u should marry a struggling man, that means she is indirectly saying that All poor men gives women peace of mind, while All rich men treat women like trash? That is a wrong generalization

So, never see poor man when dey beat woman abi? There is one poor man close to my house na almost everyday he dey beat his wife, so saying all struggling men give their wife peace of mind is not true

Seeing a rich man to marry is hard, but If u see a rich man that respect you for who you are, marry him

rich guys are few, the probability of u marry a rich guy is very slim, but if u did not see a rich guy u can still marry a man that is comfortable, even if he is not rich atleast he can take good care of a family and support him to grow

Before I go, let me let you know this

The reason your mother marry your father is not because of love, but because she have no other options, if your mother was able to see a rich man to marry when she was dating your father, trust me she for dump your father for the rich man lipsrsealed

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by iLegendd(m): 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
So, no one will marry poor people like us? #Tears

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2021
emmaodet:

let share a drink bro come!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tony142: 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2021
iLegendd:
So, no one will marry poor people like us? #Tears

Hahahaha, how come you are poor? But dangote is your gateman na grin

Congratulations, a rich man have come to your thread, his name is boss iLegendd, the only requirements u need to have is to be a virgin and beautiful too cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
Tony142:

By the time your mother get to old age and u are unable to take good care of her, and she ask u, why are u not sending me money, tell her that the poor man she ask u to marry have not even being able to take care of you not to talk of you having money to send her cheesy

Your mother says that if u want to have peace of mind u should marry a struggling man, that means she is indirectly saying that All poor men gives women peace of mind, while All rich men treat women like trash? That is a wrong generalization

So, never see poor man when dey beat woman abi? There is one poor man close to my house na almost everyday he dey beat his wife, so saying all struggling men give their wife peace of mind is not true

Seeing a rich man to marry is hard, but If u see a rich man that respect you for who you are, marry him

rich guys are few, the probability of u marry a rich guy is very slim, but if u did not see a rich guy u can still marry a man that is comfortable, even if he is not rich atleast he can take good care of a family and support him to grow

Before I go, let me let you know this

The reason your mother marry your father is not because of love, but because she have no other options, if your mother was able to see a rich man to marry when she was dating your father, trust me she for dump your father for the rich man lipsrsealed
gone are the days wey rich man dey marry broke lady,

22 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by iLegendd(m): 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
Tony142:

Hahahaha, how come you are poor? But dangote is your gateman na grin

Congratulations, a rich man have come to your thread, his name is boss iLegendd, the only requirements u need to have is to be a virgin and beautiful too cheesy

Virgin? She can't be. I'm the only virgin on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tony142: 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2021
iLegendd:

Virgin? She can't be. I'm the only virgin on this thread.

Hahahaha
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tony142: 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2021
Volkswagen90:
gone are the days wey rich man dey marry broke lady,

Lol, you are right sha, that is why I say it will be hard and they are even few self

But if she can still see a comfortable man that earns like 300k every month, it is not still bad, she can grow with him cool

4 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tolet666: 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2021
grin
NeeKlaus:

So you feel you are stooping low to marry a struggling man but you don't think a rich man is stooping low to marry you, yes?

A broke woman marrying a very wealthy man = "She's securing the bag. Yassss Queen!"
A comfortable woman marrying a struggling guy = "She's stooping soooo low. Ewww!"

The standards are double these days.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by bigpicture001: 5:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
omolola100:

i am not a comfortable woman, that is why i dont feel it is right to marry a struggling man, i am not after money anyway..

Your speaking from both sides of the mouth.......you think a struggling guy with focus wont make it...? Oya go for what u see ...the end justifies the means

9 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Abyounghammed(m): 5:35pm On Jun 05, 2021
omolola100:

i am not a lazy gal, i dont depend on anyman before i buy cream and make my hair.
Yeye dey smell, hiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2021
Tony142:

Lol, you are right sha, that is why I say it will be hard and they are even few self

But if she can still see a comfortable man that earns like 300k every month, it is not still bad, she can grow with him cool
where she wan see 300k salary guy for that Ekiti where she dey,bro most of this girl dreaming on monkey mountain, them go wake up when they are 35year old.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Issues2(m): 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
Look at you u re cheaping so low to marry a poor man re u rich yourself u re very selfish young lady u bett follow ur mother advise except u urself is ricch then go and look for your class nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by coming2america: 5:45pm On Jun 05, 2021
omolola100:
My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.
she said i should marry a man that we will both start our life from the foundation, according to my mum, she said it is better to suffer with man to acquire wealth, than to go for a ready made soup.

Looking at the way things are going now, do you think a woman will now stoop so low and marry a poor man that is trying to make ends meet? Although, money is not love, but why would a parent wish her daughter to marry a poor man, i am begining to see my mum as a bad mother who does'nt wish me well.
Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.

What do you have that you say ' you will stoop so low to marry a poor man?'

See haanty wey poverty don chop her brain finish. Anyeay, to answer your qurstion: even if you no follow your mama advice and wan marry rivh man. You still no go see. who tell you say rich man want poverty stricken woman like you?

Allso, its possible you may not even see any man at at all to marry sef

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by SporaD8: 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2021
omolola100:

i am not rich, but i know i will be great tomorrow.
@bolded, ...so what made you conclude that a hustling guy today will not make it tomorrow?!

5 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Onyi22(f): 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2021
What kind of bad advice will a mother give to her child? R u sure she is your biological mother?
No mother will love to be alive n see her daughter(s) suffer to feed in marriage with a poor broke frustrated guy all in the name of tomorrow will be better.
My sister if you see a rich wealthy man, who is ready to marry you, my dear follow him sharp Sharp..
Forget all this old story you mom is telling you, the world is turning, and marriage is sweeter when there is Money, I mean Real Money.
My sister, come close let me pray for you,.
Put your right hand on your head and repeat after me...
Say!! oh God my father,
I reject any poor Man in my life..
I will not toil to feed in my Marriage..
In Jesus name, Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by eyinjuege: 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
You're an adult.

You should be able to make your own decisions.

Whether right or wrong, it's your decisions and you should own it.

Marry whoever you like enough to live with and overlook their flaws

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by NeeKlaus: 6:41pm On Jun 05, 2021
Onyi22:
What kind of bad advice will a mother give to her child? R u sure she is your biological mother?
No mother will love to be alive n see her daughter(s) suffer to feed in marriage with a poor broke frustrated guy all in the name of tomorrow will be better.
My sister if you see a rich wealthy man, who is ready to marry you, my dear follow him sharp Sharp..
Forget all this old story you mom is telling you, the world is turning, and marriage is sweeter when there is Money, I mean Real Money.
Say!! oh God my father,
In Jesus name, Amen
I hope you will be praying with her too when she starts losing peace of mind in the marriage despite all her husband's wealth? Or you will be there for her when her husband barely gives her attention and she becomes lonely?

Or even better still, resort to domestic violence and she won't be able to leave because "money"?

Or your almighty prayers did not reach that side? cry

9 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Omuuvwie(m): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
Good advice from a wonderful mother to her lovely daughter, but that was when the youth of this country still have hope of making it in life, unlike now wey this country no balance

2 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Lordbinsmar: 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2021
omolola100:
[s][/s]My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.

Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.[s][/s]

You are not entitled to any man's money..... If money is easy to make, then your father should be as rich as Dangote.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by franklingud(m): 7:51pm On Jun 05, 2021
Question is: How many years old are you?
Are you getting younger or older by the minute? Time is of the essence!
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by omolola100(f): 9:00pm On Jun 05, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

You are not entitled to any man's money..... If money is easy to make, then your father should be as rich as Dangote.

Dangote started from sumwhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Lordbinsmar: 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2021
omolola100:

Dangote started from sumwhere.

Good of you.. That's enough reason for you not to look down at anybody in life. Talkless of thinking maybe you are better than them.

Especially when you are not yet made. Work more on yourself, stop depending on a guy to feed you for the rest of your life.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by phazotron(m): 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
omolola100:

i am not a comfortable woman, that is why i dont feel it is right to marry a struggling man, i am not after money anyway..

You dey contradict yourself.

What's most important is being with a guy who loves you and respect you

If he is rich, that's fine

If he's up and coming (as long as he has something doing and not lazy) that's fine also

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by phazotron(m): 11:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
NeeKlaus:

I hope you will be praying with her too when she starts losing peace of mind in the marriage despite all her husband's wealth? Or you will be there for her when her husband barely gives her attention and she becomes lonely?

Or even better still, resort to domestic violence and she won't be able to leave because "money"?

Or your almighty prayers did not reach that side? cry

You better leave these entitled retards.

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Telstar: 11:58pm On Jun 05, 2021
omolola100:

Hahaha. You're damn funny. Well, you really have to take your mom's advice. Girl, how old are you?
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 12:38am On Jun 06, 2021
Tony142:

And you think someone that earn something like this will settle for this lowlife girl

7 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 12:42am On Jun 06, 2021
Onyi22:
Say!! oh God my father,
In Jesus name, Amen
A piece of advice from someone whose father is still a tenant

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Test Of Sexual Capability Before Marriage Leads To Marital Crisis / Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? / Pictures Of Black Girls Trying To Hide Their Big Breasts And Failing Woefully!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.