Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? (40382 Views)

My Girlfriend Broke My Heart Because I Want To Follow My Dreams-pls Advise / This Girl I Follow On Instagram Killed Someone Today / How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Kaymicheal852: 4:14am On Jun 06, 2021
omolola100:
My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.
she said i should marry a man that we will both start our life from the foundation, according to my mum, she said it is better to suffer with man to acquire wealth, than to go for a ready made soup.

Looking at the way things are going now, do you think a woman will now stoop so low and marry a poor man that is trying to make ends meet? Although, money is not love, but why would a parent wish her daughter to marry a poor man, i am begining to see my mum as a bad mother who does'nt wish me well.
Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.

A struggling man is out of the equation,but a well to do , hardworking man who is not that rich ,but stable financially is good , and make sure you're not a liability yourself

Your mother Season is not wrong though,but there is no assurance that a poor man make it to at least the modest of living

4 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by omolola100(f): 7:22am On Jun 06, 2021
Telstar:
Hahaha. You're damn funny. Well, you really have to take your mom's advice. Girl, how old are you?
thanks for the little advice sir, i'm 22.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Telstar: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2021
omolola100:

Okay.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by phazotron(m): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2021
omolola100:

U want to be gold digging at 22?

Madam have some dignity and build a life for yourself.

No be until you leech on man money to be successful.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by frozen70(f): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2021
omolola100:
My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.
she said i should marry a man that we will both start our life from the foundation, according to my mum, she said it is better to suffer with man to acquire wealth, than to go for a ready made soup.

Looking at the way things are going now, do you think a woman will now stoop so low and marry a poor man that is trying to make ends meet? Although, money is not love, but why would a parent wish her daughter to marry a poor man, i am begining to see my mum as a bad mother who does'nt wish me well.
Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.

Your mother gave you an advice that will make you have respect and personality in your future marriage, but you are too premature to understand that aspect

If you marry a beginner, you will be able to till the soil together with him and when the blessings come, you are already a builder with him

But if you wish it must be a rich man, you never can tell which woman was behind him while he was struggling to become rich and so, you will be a stranger to his wealth and that means, you are can't take charge because he has already made his fortune
Follow your mother advice pls

It's time womem should stop waiting for ready made men, most ready made men hit to their pinnacle through the help of one invisible female and you know such men hardly path with such women even when they are married

4 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by sultaan(m): 6:07am On Jun 07, 2021
Op is still young, life still has a lot of lesson to teach.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by lasisi69(f): 9:31am On Jun 07, 2021
Divoc19:
Rome was not built in a day.
Those who built Rome own it.

If you follow your mother's advice, you will have peace...but, you have to be intellectually rich [/b]and the guy should not be lazy.

[b] only when both of them are intellectually rich like you said, then, she can

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by lasisi69(f): 9:39am On Jun 07, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If you are already high, you don’t need a man then.

If the men have this mentality of yours, they won’t marry ladies lower than their status.

Your mother made the right statement but you didn’t get the message. She said don’t marry a rich man, she didn’t say marry a poor man. You have run foul of false dilemma, making just only an option to counter your mum’s advice ie any man not rich is poor.

There are men with no material now cos they are currently investing their mental assets to create wealth in the future. Men with potentials, these are kinda men your mum is telling you to marry.
Adding your potential value to compliment this kind of resourceful men to create wealth will earn you a maximum eternal matrimonial respect
with just this, you have passed maturity test cheesy... Nice one !!

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by halogate: 10:30am On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

i am not a comfortable woman, that is why i dont feel it is right to marry a struggling man, i am not after money anyway..

"I am not after money anyway"..

Going by ur write up and comments, why do I find that quote ironic. undecided

If u are not after money then marrying a struggling, albeit poor man shouldn't be an issue to u. Neither would ur mom's advice offend u.

Biko.. tell us what u want in a man...we are eager to know

Modified: just saw ur age...
..in Ingrid's voice...."u know nothing lady"
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Amotolongbo(f): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by adexpa(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
The reason why your mum advised you in that direction is because a ready made man can not be controlled, you wouldn't have a single say in the union cus you didn't bring anything.
You only need a guy with clear direction; a serious guy who knows what he wants and focus. You need a man whose stories you are part of, a man who fell and rose in your presence.

The Advice is for you to have happy home. Ready made man don't give a Bleep, he can rubbish you anytime.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by pickatyouu: 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
If u hustle your own funds to get rich will you die.
Dey there dey wait for made men.
Entitled entity.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by kachuk(m): 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
The problem with lots of young women is a false sense of worth, because you're being chased by philanderous rich men doesn't mean they want to stay, many just want to smash and dash. I'm telling you this as a guyman that knows game. Men by nature have little or no rules when chasing the honey pot, a sexy cleaner is even more desirable than a high class ceo that weighs 500 pounds, unlike women where social status is everything. For men when it comes to smashing, p is p, doesn't matter her class.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by greatbrian(m): 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

A wise man once said some of our parents advise will make us poor forever

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by IJOBA11: 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

GO AND LOOK FOR WORK MY FRIEND angry
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by 77up(m): 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
Lilpen3758:
Sister no listen to your mother because things has changed.......you think say poverty sweet?? you think say if i be woman dey way i broke now i for no start ashawo work??
you think say to dey poor for nigeria deh easy??
Another stupid lazy ass low self-esteem fool spotted undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Raychee(f): 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

i am not a lazy gal, i dont depend on anyman before i buy cream and make my hair.

Life is more than cream and hair dear. It's always glaring when a man has the potentials for a brighter future. Just go for someone who has a stable source of income and strives for better so long as he gives you peace of mind. You shouldn't be idle yourself.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Joel3(m): 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
grin nor be who see husband de marry? Yourself you have you seen the poor struggling man to marry you? Talkless of rich man.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by na2016: 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

Immediately you used that phrase"stooped so low", I knew you don't really know life. A rich man on the day of wedding can turn to something else in the marriage. If you have a friend and he is not rich and not poor but has prospects, go with such a person. How do you know prospects? Course he read can be a clue, his principles can be a clue, etc.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Raychee(f): 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
emmaodet:

Bro, why do i think you are kind of pacifying her to marry a man with potential.
Women are not doing any man a favour by sticking with them. If they like make them marry or not, men won't die and life will move on.
Only if you know that most men are also enduring them.
Hardly will you see a nigerian relationship that is balanced.
It is all about what they can gain from men.
Most of the relationship have ever been were a waste of time and resources. I don't fancy it anymore.
How will you date a woman for 3,6 months or a year without nothing to show for it.
You look back, no boxers, no wrist watch, no singlet or wears, sneakers etc NOTHING!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! and you think i will be proud of such person? Someone i can remember with anything, no hosting me on outing or pool or cinema etc
It is very very very boring.
Love should be give and take.
If you are too broke to buy things for your bf in a relationship, then am sorry you have a misplaced priority.
What you need as a woman then is a job and not a relationship.

grin grin grin ahan you don vex?
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by channelstravel: 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
Follow your mother's advice. Bye
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Badgers14: 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

Maybe you misunderstood your mother or her message didn't come out right.

I think what she might be saying was for to you marry the man you love regardless of his financial status.

Some of this rich men have dirty money, you will have money but no peace of mind.

Some of the average Joe's, when you toil with them and things get better, at least you have peace of mind on the source of their wealth. Remember no condition is permanent.

But Las Las, marry a man you love regardless of their financial situation .

3 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by 77up(m): 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

i am not a lazy gal, i dont depend on anyman before i buy cream and make my hair.
Lazy ass girl undecided
No go find/learn work and be comfortable , keep struggling and praying for a rich man, yeye shild in Jenifa's voice undecided
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Vireani79: 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

the word poor is relative....poverty is not the amount of money in a man account but the mindset of a man.....u can marry a rich poor man or a poor rich man....the rich poor man will become poor after a while cos of his mindset while the poor rich man will become rich based on his mindset

many yahoo boys are rich....many are back on the street kiss

but ur mother forbid to tell u to rich too....why is the man suppose to be the rich one while u remain broke
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by MansoryMX(m): 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

You are misinterpreting your mom’s advice. What she simply means is Marry a man with a vision, a man who is ambitious, one who will respect you and your family, most especially a man with a VISION!. Don’t go and marry one yahoo boy because he drives Venza or Benz and has a mouth watering duplex or bungalow with fat bank account. Shekinah!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by DLondonboiy: 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
erinatso:
Aunty with due respest pls permit me to tel u that u r mad. If nt dat u ar my senior i for tel u say u no get sense
u get mind tel us say ur mum no like u

How did you know she’s your senior?
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by kunle75(m): 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

My question for you is,ARE YOU DAMN RICH YOURSELF?
If the answer is yes then your good to follow your heart and if its No I don't know what to say to you.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Austineva2: 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
Divoc19:
Rome was not built in a day.
Those who built Rome own it.

If you follow your mother's advice, you will have peace...but, you have to be intellectually rich and the guy should not be lazy.

best advice from a woman so far

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2021
For sake of the future kids,marry a rich man who respect and love you..as Nigeria de so,na rich ppl de travel out ,go vacation, children abroad studying,who no like better thing
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by nwakibe: 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2021
Aunty, What happed to you making money yourself?
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by PAWG(m): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If you are already high, you don’t need a man then.

If the men have this mentality of yours, they won’t marry ladies lower than their status.

Your mother made the right statement but you didn’t get the message. She said don’t marry a rich man, she didn’t say marry a poor man. You have run foul of false dilemma, making just only an option to counter your mum’s advice ie any man not rich is poor.

There are men with no material now cos they are currently investing their mental resources to create wealth in the future. Men with potentials, these are kinda men your mum is telling you to marry.
Adding your potential value to compliment this kind of resourceful men to create wealth will earn you a maximum eternal matrimonial respect

You’ve said it all, she’s just a drama queen blowing things out of proportion.

OP with this your mentality you better marry your class else it’ll end in tears.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? / Viral Video Of A Groom Kissing His Bride At Wedding / Qualities Of A Gentleman (Most Ladies View)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.