Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before (31532 Views)

What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? / The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by seeker121(m): 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
The moment I read he dropped you at your doorstep I knew it's a man and woman is involved, anyway God bless the unknown stranger.

19 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by vchykp(m): 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bola146:
I was serving in Benin then when my 2 friends and I were stranded by the road side looking for whom to pick us from the bush where the public bus got fault. A man came to pick us, we thought he would just drop us to any nearby pack, he said he is going to my town in Osun state ( omo see how happy I was inside AC shinning teeth grin grin) he dropped two of my friends at Ondo, he took me to my door step. God bless him wherever he is now

Waiting for the second part of the story..

17 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Timon4real(m): 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
Everything about you dey spiritual grin grin
First na juju Dem knack you another one na ghost give you umbrella grin grin
FBIBOT:
While I was in primary school.... Was returning home with my frnds 3 of us... Their was an attempt to kidnap us by a man all thanks to some women who saved us.... Didn't even know what happened cos have lost my senses.... Juju dey o... I only regain consciousness after the man escaped

While I was in secondary school.... Was returning home one day when this heavy rain started.. My area then was a developing area.. No place to hide out of nowhere a lady coming from behind offered we share her umbrella... After that day i never saw her again....

27 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Hamstrong001(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
So many but lemme just drop 2.

I met a lady inside bus but I couldn't go home that night bcoz it was already late so I approached her and she lied to to them where she was going that we re cousin and she allowed me to sleep in the same room with her...

Secondly, someone inside bus stole phone and was trying to lie on me that I stole the phone but a lady (Olugbeja) that God sent stood her ground that the other guy stole the phone not me and the guy was ashamed and dropped the phone thereafter....

49 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by eherbal(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
grin grin grin
Legalcriminal:
I would have said nigga sharing another nigga some weeds. But smokers are family and the kindest set of people on planet

1 Like

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Princeton92(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
Getting a ride from Assess to Ketu, Lagos during my NYSC days, severally!

4 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
It was around 2014, during my IT in Lagos, the company sent me to ikorodu and I booked 1k for the journey from Ahmadiya, Abule Egba to Ikorodu. Little did I know that I was going deep inside Ikorodu. I took d measurements of the building and called the clients to let us meet. The clients avoid seeing me and said I should send quotation to his mail. I was exhausted and had nothing with me. I decided to trek of out of the area and a man in his block industry lorry gave me a lift and he asked of my mission in the area. I explained everything to him andhe gave me short direction and gave me money to buy food as well. The money worths millions in my heart. Despite that, when I got to oshodi, I had just #90 with me. Oshodi from abule egba was #100 that time. I bought #10 pure water and gave d lady ( BRT conductor) #80. She abused me but I dare not answer

55 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Kevinsamba: 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2021
Please how did you get into the school?
Zayttoven:
Back then in flight school, had a check~ride the next day. Woke up late that day, took a taxi to campus and the driver who happened to be a white guy asked me "why the rush?". Told him everything & he agreed to help. Long story short, he explained to the instructor why I was late by putting the blame on himself and traffic.
Till this day we remain close friends.
Bryan, God bless.

1 Like

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
Missed my flight from Lagos to Abuja In 2018

One Edo woman offered me help...I arrived in Abuja before those who boarded the plane

That woman broom na Private Jet...e fast like mad

11 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
I had an accident once when driving. Then, I had just graduated from from secondary school. Something broke in the car while driving and it suddenly spun around and faced oncoming traffic. There was this guy that was driving past that just stopped his car, got out and gave me huge huge bundles of money and told me to go fix the car and that he would have stayed to help but he was late for a meeting.

I fixed the car but still had an abundant of excess money left even after buying and buying and buying clothes, shoes and bags. Lol. I can’t even remember his face because he never left his name, phone number or anything. Quite perplexing till this day. I think he was an angel disguised as a human being.

23 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by BadEnglish(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
Many good ones, but one stuck to me always. Was coming from school during the Jos crisis and we were robbed on our way, got to Abuja around 11pm. From Nyaya to lugbe how am I gonna do it? The only money I had on me was 100 naira. I took taxi to area 3 junction where I met this conductor guy, I approached him that I wanna load too, he laughed then I explained my ordeals to him, how we were robbed on our way from Jos that I just needed to get to lugbe, he pitied me and said to the driver, Oga abeg no pay me, help me carry this my brother reach lugbe pls. That to me was and is still more than all other act strangers have done for me. I looked for that guy the following week but I didn't see him. cry

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Tapout(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
I think when you get to a certain age as a guy, nobody go send you again because I can't remember the last time I got a kind gesture from anyone. cheesy cheesy na me dey give the kind gesture now, apparently I'm paying back. grin grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by ProphetofOdin: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
Back in 2010 I had an accident along lafia to keffi road, although I was the only person that came out of the vehicle without much injury, but my clothes were completely damaged a sympathiser came by and took me on his bike home, give me water to bathe and change up, and then drove me to the nearest pack to get a vehicle back to kaduna. God bless him.

36 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by olasolomon(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
A stranger gave me 20£ in Hammersmith back in 2018. We missed a train together, and he just felt like giving me the cash for bus.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
Till now, I don't know who Mr Bello is but I didn't stop praying for him everyday..

Cc alfajohn
You are always in my prayers sir.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by HITsquad: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
During the kaduna massacre, an Hausa man.. A respected Muslim that didn't know us kept me and my family hidden in his house...

When the murderers came to his house and asked if there was Christians there, he told them no one was there.. He even said wallahi.. Betraying his fate, risking his own life, just to keep people he never knew safe.

I was only a boy but I remember everything... When I got Older.. I went back to kaduna to see him, But unfortunately he was already late... I did the best I could to show his family that I appreciate what he did for me and my family.

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Prenonjebose: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
Several years ago, boarded an intra state bus, only for the conductor to reject my transport fare claiming that it was too torn. Unfortunately, that was the last money with me. I discovered that the money i actually set aside for fare had somehow dropped from my pocket without my knowledge. A young lady came to my rescue and paid for me.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by BigDawsNet: 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
A lady rushly stopped my taxi when I visited NY...she was in rush to the airport...few minutes later I told the French driver I Wana stop next bustop....the lady told me not to pay... I thank her and they left....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by olurili(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
My own is on nairaland here,a guy name mesmer,he send me money,am full of suprise that,may GOD bless him

19 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Taniaa(f): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sometimes strangers help you even more than those closest to you

23 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by shadyflash(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lies
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Karleb(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
I genuinely wanted to pay for her ride but she ended up paying for mine.

1 Like

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Lamanii22(f): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Got stained at an examination hall (gce)... Helped me clean up... Helped me into the bus back home... Paid my fares and I never saw the person again.....

18 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by lolu2019: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Gave me money, without asking.

1 Like

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Bola146(f): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
vchykp:

Waiting for the second part of the story..

I have not seen him since then cool he didn't collect my number. He was just a sent Angel because we were just crying for help to get out of there asap because of frequent robbery then. It's more than 12 years ago

13 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by seeker121(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
During distress and when all hopes seems lost took the bold step to go and meet someone and till today,he is like a small god to me never seen that type of creature.He is not tired of helping,he bought me phone, laptop among other things to make my learning comfortable.More often than not strangers can go extra miles than the so called fucking blood who are only interested and loyal when you are okay.

17 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Kay25(m): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
a stranger once carried me on his bike inside rain after I was stranded for many hours and he carried on a long distance for free. funniest thing I didn't see his face or know his name to even try find him to say thank you again

15 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Ajenikoko89: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
Easyincome24:
There are some occasions strangers have been of help to some people despite the insecurity in the country.

We've read in the dailies how some airport cleaners safely secured luggages and belongings of passengers who carelessly lost them, without taking out a needle from them.

Some of these good Samaritans who are strangers to us are scarce to come by in the Nigeria of today.

We have heard how some taxi drivers, bolt drivers, Uber drivers returned wallet full with foreign currencies back to the homes of the passengers.

Sometimes ago, there were incidents of kidnappings which a stranger had to be the angel who rescued some abductees who could have been killed, injured or demanded ransom of them.

We all at one time or the other have also been angels to others who we never new before. Likewise, some strangers have come to be our angels on those odd moments in life.

What's the kindest thing a stranger had ever done for you?

Let's hear your own part of the story to show that not everybody is wicked as some portray.
It was during my youth service in Ogun state my PPA rejected me,the PPA was a contractor in larfage cement and he only needed a Mechanical engineer and I studied Computer Engineering. I was so troubled and one Corp member told me to go to elephant house in Ikeja gave me a name and on getting there, i requested for the man like i knew him before and i never knew he has passed my side although i greeted him.The receptionist then told me that it seems i dont know him in person that he just passed my side and then i was allowed to see him in the office and narrated my ordeal to him and he started calling to check if the was any vacant space for in Ewokoro and Sagamu he even told them that I'm his younger brother and I was giving a space in Ewekoro to do my youth service.God bless him wherever he may be.his name is Mr Jolayemi

51 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by shadyflash(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
Very true
Taniaa:
Sometimes strangers help you even more than those closest to you
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by oluwafeolami(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bola146:
I was serving in Benin then when my 2 friends and I were stranded by the road side looking for whom to pick us from the bush where the public bus got fault. A man came to pick us, we thought he would just drop us to any nearby pack, he said he is going to my town in Osun state ( omo see how happy I was inside AC shinning teeth grin grin) he dropped two of my friends at Ondo, he took me to my door step. God bless him wherever he is now

Amen.

I don’t know him but God be with him

7 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Lamanii22(f): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
ikeno:
I ll say am always the one offering kind gesture to people but I can never forget the day I received one from someone.some years back on my way to mile 2,from alaba where I went to purchase some items I boarded a bus and gav the conductor #1000 which was the only money on me and whenever I ask the conductor for my change he keep telling me he has no change yet till I got to mile2 and forgot to collect my change.i was so confused and I really didn't know what to do.there was these man the use to sell old novels at mile2 and most times I do purchase some from him so I went to meet him and explain my predicament to him.he told me he's just coming to market that he has not sold anything yet but he still approach a man selling belt beside him told him what happened to me,the man asked me how much I need and I told him 200 will take me to my destination.i got home and still went back to giv the man 500.

Awww you're too kind hun

8 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
I met a girl at a mall once looking all pretty and shit, I didn’t want a relationship but I was hornnny af, open up to her straight up and apparently she was also feeling the boy, so we headed to the crib for a hot steamy safe sex. She got me in my feelings after that and we tried to date but that didn’t last a month.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It / 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones / 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.