Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before (31534 Views)

What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? / The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by hapsonv: 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
Can't forget during the covid 19 pendemic lockdown, mum was seriously down with asthma, no money to buy drugs. She had an asthmatic attack nd was just managing to breath no drugs or money to get her drugs, but a nairalander from this forum that I don't know and have never meet came to our rescue. He reached me and sent me money to get drugs for mum.

Viceddy95 i will forever be greatful. Thank you for saving my mothers life and puting smiles on her face. Mummy always remembers u in her prayers even though we have never meet.

Viceddy95 u are one in a million, we are ever greatful. Will never ever forget you. Thanks

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by vchykp(m): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bola146:

I have not seen him since then cool he didn't collect my number. He was just a sent Angel because we were just crying for help to get out of there asap because of frequent robbery then. It's more than 12 years ago

Such people are rare tho...

2 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by biotechshola(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bola146:
I was serving in Benin then when my 2 friends and I were stranded by the road side looking for whom to pick us from the bush where the public bus got fault. A man came to pick us, we thought he would just drop us to any nearby pack, he said he is going to my town in Osun state ( omo see how happy I was inside AC shinning teeth grin grin) he dropped two of my friends at Ondo, he took me to my door step. God bless him wherever he is now

Wow! Very similar to mine, was serving in Ehor, Edo state, got stranded at by pass and a man who parked to ease himself asked where we're headed, picked three of us, dropped others at Ife and took me to osogbo, he even bought us drinks and snacks.. God bless him wherever he is!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by ademi87(m): 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
It was during my university days, I was dead broke but had to read....in the course of my reading I started having symptoms of malaria and this fine lady noticed and asked me what the problem was. I told her I was sick long story short she took me to pharmacy and later said I should follow to her house. My dirty mind was already imagining things but when we got to her house she gave me fresh food to eat, immediately I finished eating that was when I realized it was hunger that was doing me � and not malaria. I thanked her and ran back to the library

21 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Lordbinsmar: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
Goztino:
Offering me his coffee and winter jacket.

It was my first month in Germany and just like many others who left Nigeria for the first time, the winter jacket I bought in Lagos was not thick enough.
I attended one of the universities functions and we were drinking, eating meat and Brötchen and having fun outside the building, I was terribly feeling cold.
Then came this strange boy from Leipzig who offered me his winter jacket and a coffee from his coffee bottle. He obviously noticed how I was shivering.

I was so flabbergasted, this wasn't the mentality I had for Germans before my arrival.
I heard that they were all racists but that kind of kindness from a total stranger made me think twice about what I heard about them.

There are good and bad people everywhere in this world.

I'm obsessed with Germany. grin grin Can't wait to leave this shit hole and experience German engineering.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by authority2006(m): 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
I saw this topic in the morning, today, I bookmarked it for later browsing. I went out and did transaction of 25,000 naira to a wrong account number. I looked up the name of the receiver on Facebook, sent him a message, explained everything in details. After forth and back, he called me and sent the money back to me without asking for anything in return. Just today!
And he's an Igbo man, a clergyman.

30 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by richardwarner(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
i remembered in 2016 wen i was serving in abj n was travelin from cross river to abj by road n our vehicle spoiled in mkd n i had acquinted with a girl who later booked a hotel room n asked that i shud share d room wit her.....so nice of her...notin happen sha

3 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Bola146(f): 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
biotechshola:

Wow! Very similar to mine, was serving in Ehor, Edo state, got stranded at by pass and a man who parked to ease himself asked where we're headed, picked three of us, dropped others at Ife and took me to osogbo, he even bought us drinks and snacks.. God bless him wherever he is!

Amen!
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by obc: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
I read from the beginning to the last page of this thread and one thing kept running in my mind: there is still good people and bad people everywhere.

That one isn't lucky to meet good and willing hearts who would help without asking back doesn't mean he/she is forsaken. Like someone pointed out, I have helped quite a number of people but have not been lucky to receive much from people but I believe so far there is life, lines will always join at right places.

Who knows when and where helper(s) would emerge from?

Dearest, I lost my job in 2018 as a result of business I ventured into not knowing the guy was a fraudster. I have created a thread here asking for assistance on how to go recover my money. The matter is currently pending at FCID Alagbo because I don't have fund any more to pursue the case.

My rent is due since May but I pleaded my Landlord to give me 3 months and payable next month which he obliged but as it is with what I have saved so far from my little business, I still need up to 250k to complete it. I am so confused now because no assistance from no where. Please any assistance I can get here will be highly appreciated.

I currently rented a shop but needed sand or rubbles to fill it up but no cash to do that to avoid flooding. The bricklayer said I need at least a cubic truck of sand or rubbles at 26,000.

Please I wouldn't put my account details or phone number here for obvious reasons. I can easily be contacted with my moniker.

God bless you...

I
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by olamoses75(m): 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
I was broke sometimes ago. I need to settle a certain loan app threatening my life and decided to sell a mini hoofer I used at my shop on this nairaland. But to my surprise, someone called my number the second day and started asking me why I am selling that stuff, I explained to him that I needed some money to pay off a debt. The man asked me to send my account details to him which I did. To my greatest surprise, I got a credit alert of #15,000, the same amount I was going to sell that stuff. The man is an Igbo man judging from the name on his account while I'm a pure Yoruba from Osun state. I still don't know what he looks like or where he lives till today. May God bless you abundantly,sir, if you're seeing this. You're just an evidence that shows good Samaritan still exist.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by micflo28(m): 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
A little girl knocked on my door one afternoon in my hostel crying and begging that she had misplaced the money from the whole tray of groundnut she sold for that day that her mum will kill her if she goes back home without the money. I asked her how much it was and she said 2k. Luckily I had just received my monthly stipends and some cash from my campus business, I gave her 2,500 and she was so happy. The following day she plucked oranges and pawpaw and brought for me.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Moderatorjobs(m): 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Are you unemployed and can communicate properly in English?

DM only if you are ready to be trained and work as an online chat moderator.

1 Like

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by SALLYBERRY01(m): 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
My own story is different, it was during lockdown I was robbed at my home , the robbers took my phone but my laptop was hidden so they could not found it, I started using my laptop to logging to all my social media account, I logged in on twitter to see one of my followers doing birthday, we only interact on social media have never met him In person, so I wished him happy birthday in his DM, it was late night, so I apologise for wishing him late, and I explained my hurdle to him, immediately he requested for my account number, he gave me a lot of money, have never met him before just twitter interaction, God bless you seun Adeola, I so much appreciate your gesture ❤️❤️❤️, forever grateful

9 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Jamahyel(m): 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2021
To all those who have helped me. The one's I remember and the one's I've forgotten. I want to say a Big thank you. God will raise a helper for you when u are in need.
Clerlove:

Wow

2 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Trojan8(m): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2021
I was travelling from Lagos to Anambra for my NYSC service year, this actually happened last year. I got to Anambra late and I had to get to the orientation camp that night somehow. I was in this bus from Onitsha to the area that camp was. I sat close to this babe, a student from Uni Abuja. She was coming home from school to spend sometime with family. She was the one that helped me source for bike around 10pm that night, paid for it before I could even move. And told the bike man to make sure I got to the camp safely. My phone was dead so I couldn't get her number. Thank you Rita! I would always remember your kind gesture

15 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Lukmanraji(m): 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2021
When I went to do my documentation at Education Board for Npower that time. I don't have my certificate with me then but with my transcripts. I just went with one mind hoping to find favour. Surprisingly, I met my landlady.

I explained my predicaments to her and she said to me that I don't have problem because she's the one in charge of the documentation.

She collected my transcripts and even posted me to a nearby school.

She'll forever remain in my heart with that kind gesture.

10 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by WisdomHunter(m): 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Haaa I will never forget this Okada guy that carried me to cross Niger bridge from Onitsha to Asaba axis one faithful morning, I was going to Asaba from Onitsha one early morning and there was a gridlock and people are coming down from their vehicle and are crossing with neither bike nor trekking.

That particular day i don't have enough money to cross with bike and decided to trek because I will still enter bus again to continue my journey after crossing the bridge and I don't have enough cash

So I have not even trekked much and one Okada guy stopped for me and I was trying to tell him that I don't want his service and he told me no worry about money tongue I was a bit reluctant at first until he insisted I climbed he crossed me and stopped for me to enter bus to continue my journey and he left8) cool someone that I don't know or ever met angry
I thanked him and was lost in thought throughout the day wondering if we still have people with good heart in this country like him shocked shocked

Up till now any day that I remember this i do wish him will wherever he is, may good God continue to pless his in this life wherever he is 8 cry cry

10 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by TPound(m): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
May 2018...
As a car dealer,there are times when there'll be draught in sales...
You can sell a car today and won't sell in the next 2 months...that's how hard it was.
A man popped up on my WhatsApp asking for a particular car I posted... Scion TC...
He met me, inspected the car but instead bought a Toyota Avalon from me, he took me as his son and gave me the car to refurbish for him without knowing my house.
When I was broke,he credited my account and was always checking up on me.
Mr Seun Bamishile, I don't know if you're here now, but heaven remembers you always and will continue to bless you.
I'm indeed grateful

17 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by biggy26: 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bola146:

Amen! There are still millions good people on this planet Nigeria. Just pray to God to meet one.
That's always our prayer. In God we trust!
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by bolagabriella: 7:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mine was the joy all of you strangers here pierced my heart with by each of your post

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by FatherCHRISTMAS: 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2021
DELETED

4 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Raychee(f): 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
One of the lot....

I needed to pay my school fees before the deadline at 4pm that day. The money would increase after then. I couldn't afford the increment. The network was bad at the bank. All the banks i went to that day had network problems. I was chatting with someone i met online while waiting at another bank. We hadn't even talked much up to that point. Asked where i was. One talk led to another and i explained my plight. I honestly wasn't expecting anything because we barely talked talkless of knowing each other. The person left work to find somewhere to make the payment for me in their area.
I was doubting at first until i confirmed it on my school portal that it was genuine. I was really grateful. I asked for account number to pay back since i was already waiting at the bank. The person posted me and posted me and never collected the money back.

God knows i can never forget the favour.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by frederick106(m): 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
I have most time recieved favors which deep down i know I don't deserve but grace shines on me me..

From University admissions after years of searching from someone I didn't even remember giving my details (Timothy Daramola) to total handing over of instruments i needed for business to me by a complete stranger then (Quebee) to a Fully furnished Accomodation in my nysc year in calabar (Then Sergeant Frank and Inspector Asuquo) and down to choicy employment from a well respected NGO (Prime Fortunate)

In all i give thanks to God in human form and have made it a way of life to spread joy to humanity in any little way i can.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by BrazilAirport: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
seyz91 post=10288h6353:
Now your cheesy

Uba
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by ifeanyinwankwo(m): 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
when I went to Lagos I lost my money I helped by some good sameritan at GOD is Good ajah I will never you guys

2 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by toyin03(f): 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mine was during my NYSC days. I had recently redeployed and the person that I was hoping to stay with pending I gained my footing started acting funny when redeployment became successful. I was stranded, and this stranger offered to help. In fact I stayed in their BQ throughout nysc.

Another one... Posting letter came, and I was posted to somewhere very far in another LGA. I was like...ah after securing house. I didn't have plan on reporting at the school so I went to NYSC secretariat. Some have already told me it'll cost me money to move to a better PPA but with faith... I just went to one of their office and explained my situation to a man I met there and it was changed...just like that. I even offered him the 1k I had on me, but he didn't accept it.

They are always in my prayers.

9 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Horerku(m): 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
A total stranger i met on clash of clans, while we jus dey bant about work and so on i told him i was into printing. The stranger i was talking to thinking he's my mate was the owner of a publishing house in ikeja. He asked me to come see him the next week, asked his managers to run interviews, 2 days later, i got employed with good pay. God bless you Mr Jude.

13 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Hugo55(m): 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
I can still remember that priceless and beautiful smile a stranger gave me across the road, then i was really angry over nothing.
That smile filled my heart with love.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Starships4u(m): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
Traveling down to the east from Ekiti State one Dec like that i think 2016/2017, got caught up in darkness, some two guys I've never met before took me to their village I guess NNEWI I was just unable to appreciate them, and I couldn't get their number...

Who ever yhu guys are and wherever yhu guys are, MAY THE GOOD LORD BLESS YHU BOTH and MAMA.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones / 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) / Twin Musicians, Tagwayen Asali, Wed Identical Twin Sisters On The Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.