Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members (40700 Views)

Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden / Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour / COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Fearcom(m): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
HappyPagan:
Pastors take care of sheep. Nigerian Pastors sell the wool and milk the sheep.

Human being wey say im be sheep, na to use am full barn.

Guess you haven't read where people used their personal resources and money to support Jesus's ministry Mark 15:41 Luke 8:3

and how God EXPECTS ALL BELIEVERS to use their resources and money to SUPPORT ministers of the gospel
I Cor 9:7-14
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

This man is an open false prophet who will roast in the darkest part of hell.

What he's basically saying is that he himself is not a sinner, which is a clear attack on the truth in the Bible as seen below.

Romans 3:23 KJV
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

The Bible says all have sinned, But Kumuyi is saying he's not a sinner. He's calling the Bible which says "all have a sinned" a liar.

1 John 1:18 KJV
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

The verse above is the reason why nothing Kumuyi says can ever be believed by me. The verse says if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. Kumuyi is making it clear that he has no sin. This means he's a liar and the truth is not in him, according to the Bible.

I am a sinner, we are all sinners according to the flesh. But my spirit is not a sinner because it is Born of God and anything Born of God does not sin.

1 John 3:9 KJV
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

But it is the flesh that sins, not the spirit of a true Christian who is saved once and for all eternity.

If Kumuyi says his flesh doesn't sin, then he's a big liar. His spirit sins as well because he preaches a works-based salvation contrary to the Bible.

This statement shows your height, depth and length of ignorance of the word of God...

True that all have sinned, but does it end there?

Romans 3:23-24 KJV
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; [24] Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Now tell me, after justification do you still remain a sinner? To be once a sinner is quite different from being a sinner.

Understand the purpose of Jesus' death:

Titus 2:14 KJV
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Are justified people impure and lukewarm about good works?

Or have YOU not read:

1 John 3:6 KJV
[b]Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: [/b]whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 5:18 KJV
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Humble yourself and seek the grace of God to live a holy and righteous life rather than bitterly accusing those who by grace and faith are standing and abiding in Christ with evident fruit of righteousness.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
See con-man! undecided
1. So all these decades, God previously had need for the money given him by sinners but God has suddenly changed His mind now? It is almost always God changing His mind with this man, isn't it. When will this man ever admit that he has lied to the multitudes for so long? undecided

2. Now God only wants Offerings and tithes from Kumuyi's sheep and not from those who see right through him. Na wa oo!
Hearing or saying it today does not mean it was the first time he was saying it. Take your time and look for late 70's and early 80's preaching of Kumuyi when the ministry started. And come to this trend. The problem is how can he identify the offering and tithe of a sinner since they are all collected together? Kumuyi will never collect a gift from you if doesn't know your in and out, which I know very well. In 1991, he rejected a Pajero Jeep given to him as a gift by a man after a crusade in Abuja.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Dzeremosteven(m): 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
Perfect time to quote the scripture, "we are all sinners"
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Hearing or saying it today does not mean it was the first time he was saying it. Take your time and look for late 70's and early 80's preaching of Kumuyi when the ministry started. And come to this trend. The problem is how can he identify the offering and tithe of a sinner since they are all collected together? Kumuyi will never collect a gift from you if doesn't know your in and out, which I know very well.
I was in that church in the 80s and 90s and there was nothing of the such back then. undecided

I understand you feel the need to defend your god here but dont you think you discredit him by claiming what he is coming out to propose now has always existed his own enterprise without his knowing of it? undecided

Obviously,the bigger issue here ought to be that this man is one of the false teachers and prophets Jesus Christ warned against but instead you are focused on tithing, which is also is against jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law of God in the Kingdom of God. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by greencard: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
Sanctecosma:
Before you say that, remember that before God no one is righteous no matter how long you've repented, or how upright you are.
this here is heresy

God told Abraham , "walk before ME and be thou perfect"

God boast of Job to Satan

Jesus on earth was a perfect example that we as humans can be perfect, when HIS disciples ask how and discribed it as hard, His response was "with God all things are possible"
.so it is possible to be perfect, but it is not possible to be God. hope you get it?
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by greencard: 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Starz825:

He is right and you are also right...
But how the hell does he want to return the tithes and offerings of sinful members back to them from over the years...
How... [/b]sometimes our pastors here sound too holy[b]...and na lie...all na wash abeg...only Jesus is holy... that's all I know....

so pastor should sound unholy so that you can be happy?? undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
See con-man! undecided
1. So all these decades, God previously had need for the money given him by sinners but God has suddenly changed His mind now? It is almost always God changing His mind with this man, isn't it. When will this man ever admit that he has lied to the multitudes for so long? undecided

2. Now God only wants Offerings and tithes from Kumuyi's sheep and not from those who see right through him. Na wa oo!

I've been cracking up since I saw this post. Like what the heck!

How does he intend doing this?
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I was in that church in the 80s and 90s and there was nothing of he such back. undecided

I understand you feel the need to defend your god here but dont you discredit him by claiming what he is coming out to propose now has always existed his own enterprise without his knowing of it? undecided

Obviously,the bigger issue here ought to be that this man is one of the false teachers and prophets Jesus Christ warned against but instead you are focused on tithing, which against is against jesus Christ. undecided
Can you identifies what makes him a false prophet and tell us how a real prophet ought to have leave with an example?
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Kobojunkie: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
CharisEleos:

I've been cracking up since I saw this post. Like what the heck!

How does he intend doing this?
The con-man labeled all those who will try to step up to get there money back sinners. Do you know what that could mean to their lives and their friendships, maybe even their jobs? undecided

By essentially demonizing them, how many, after considering the possible ramifications of being ostracized by friends and family, maybe even business partners will step forward to claim their money back? undecided

Have you not seen how these his church/cult people treat those who are suspected of sin in their midst? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by FarmTech(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Liar!

Jesus came to call sinners to repentance, not the righteous!

Luke 5:32
I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Gud reply.
Proverbs 25:11 ►
The right word at the right time
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by TiglathPILESER: 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I no blame you at all! undecided
i believe since you are wiser and more knowledgable, God should have called you to do His work instead?! If he was to say o ye sinner bring your tithe, those fingers of yours will never stop typing vainly. Pastor kumuyi is not a false prophet like the one who died recently. Mind your utterances, mind your biz or are you on the payroll of the devil?
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by FarmTech(m): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

What he's basically saying is that he himself is not a sinner, which is a clear attack on the truth in the Bible as seen below.

The Bible says all have sinned, But Kumuyi is saying he's not a sinner. He's calling the Bible which says "all have a sinned" a liar.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

The verse above is the reason why nothing Kumuyi says can ever be believed by me. The verse says if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. Kumuyi is making it clear that he has no sin. This means he's a liar and the truth is not in him, according to the Bible.

I am a sinner, we are all sinners according to the flesh. But my spirit is not a sinner because it is Born of God and anything Born of God does not sin.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

But it is the flesh that sins, not the spirit of a true Christian who is saved once and for all eternity.

If Kumuyi says his flesh doesn't sin, then he's a big liar. His spirit sins as well because he preaches a works-based salvation contrary to the Bible.

U are making a BIG mistake. But I thank God some people have corrected u.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by TiglathPILESER: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie, i plead with you for your own good please be calm about this issue.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Can you identifies what makes him a false prophet and tell us how a real prophet ought to have leave with an example?
The man's lips are filled with doctrines and traditions of men - lies - Matthew 15 vs -9. He teaches these lies to millions every day deceiving them away from the Truth of God, neutralizing the Power of God in their lives and making their worship of God of no meaning - Mark 7 vs 1 - 23. undecided

How do you know a true follower of Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ told you that those who love Him are those who continually submit to and obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 20 -21. So it isn't rocket science then that those who live in disobedience of Him are those who do not belong to Him - John 14 vs 23 - 24. undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Mckhala80(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
I see broke and sinful tithers jubilating . At least , if their tithes since year 2000 till date are returned , poverty rate is reduced already. I see 70 per cent of members waiting to be branded '' sinful members''. Congrats to all sinful members.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
TiglathPILESER:
i believe since you are wiser and more knowledgable, God should have called you to do His work instead?! If he was to say o ye sinner bring your tithe, those fingers of yours will never stop typing vainly. Pastor kumuyi is not a false prophet like the one who died recently. Mind your utterances, mind your biz or are you on the payroll of the devil?
The man is indeed a false teacher and a false prophet. For one God said He alone will teach those who belong to Him in His New Covenant- jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34. Jesus Christ reiterated this when He declared that only those who are taught by His Father belong to Him - John 6 vs 43 - 45. undecided

Jesus Christ even went as far as to warn His followers against setting themselves up as Teachers over anyone who belongs to Him - Matthew 23 vs 6 - 9 - declaring curses on all those who make make themselves teachers to anyone who believe in Him including those who listen to such false teachers - Matthew 23 vs1 - 36. undecided

The fact that you are a follower of Kumuyi and you think tithing is obedience to God is proof that the man is a false Teacher who conveniently refused to read Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 to teach you that the Old Covenant Law where tithing is defined has absolutely nothing to do with you. undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The man's lips are filled with doctrines and traditions of men - lies - Matthew 15 vs -9. He teaches these lies to millions every day deceiving them away from the Truth of God, neutralizing the Power of God in their lives and making their worship of God of no meaning - Mark 7 vs 1 - 23. undecided

How do you know a true follower of Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ told you that those who love Him are those who continually submit to and obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 20 -21. So it isn't rocket science then that those who live in disobedience of Him are those who do not belong to Him - John 14 vs 23 - 24. undecided
After lengthy words you end up saying nothing because you have non to accused him of. What are the tradition of men that he teaches and the lies? Be specific to mention them.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
After lengthy words you end up saying nothing because you have non to accused him of. What are the tradition of men that he teaches and the lies? Be specific to mention them.
Interesting that I responded you declare it means nothing. Well, how about you try to digest what i have already said on this. If you still don't understand what Jesus Christ made clear in John 14, then... undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Adakintroy: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
HappyPagan:
Pastors take care of sheep. Nigerian Pastors sell the wool and milk the sheep.

Human being wey say im be sheep, na to use am full barn.

Not Nigerian pastors.

Una too demonize una country. The real alphas na people Benny inn or Kenneth coplaand. Na them teach our own work in name of Pentecostal.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
Adakintroy:

Not Nigerian pastors.
Una too demonize una country. The real alphas na people Benny inn or Kenneth coplaand. Na them teach our own work in name of Pentecostal.
Kumuyi learned from those men? undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Aduroja123(m): 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
psucc:
Though he says the truth, God doesn't accept their (Sinners) offerings, he won't be able to restitute all.

In fact, the first restitution is to give back to the poor, through scholarship in the church owned schools, etc.

This way he might have 'returned the sinners' tithe'.

Seems a nice idea.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Chamberlin1983(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
There one thing i so much love the catholic church, never will they preach about paying of tithes to its members. Some pastors have resorted in preaching so much about tithe as if it is the only way to heaven. This is why i so much agree with forkes who say some men of God are into the church for their selfish gain and not really for the work of Christ.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting that I responded you declare it means nothing. Well, how about you try to digest what i have already said on this. If you still don't understand what Jesus Christ made clear in John 14, then... undecided
As I said earlier, you have nothing to accused him of. You would have boldly say it out, most especially the lie part. The John 14 you are quoting talks more about the the comforter, which is the holy spirit, which is one of the three pillars of the Church, that is they have a dove in their logo. Take your time to attend any of the retreat or any of his crusade and see the man of God digest the teaching of the holy spirit and manifestation of the power therein with signs and wonders following.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Lordswat(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
I'm an unrepentant sinner, a chronic liar and an anticipating serial killer, will i get my money back?
Even the Bible says God does not want the death of a sinner but for him/her to repent and turn away from their evil ways.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The con-man labeled all those who will try to step up to get there money back sinners. Do you know what that could mean to their lives and their friendships, maybe even their jobs? undecided

By essentially demonizing them, how many, after considering the possible ramifications of being ostracized by friends and family, maybe even business partners will step forward to claim their money back? undecided

Have you not seen how these his church/cult people treat those who are suspected of sin in their midst? undecided

Hmm... This is serious. Like how will he be able to tell those who are really sinners?

I think somethings requires the wisdom of God.
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Adakintroy: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Kumuyi learned from those men? undecided

I don't know who kumuyi learned from.

The guy said Nigeria" pastors. I was making my point. That it is not Nigerian pastors that learned it from themselves. Some people thought them. It was the foreign one. If you must call out, be bold to call out the foreign ones. We just love to demonize all things Nigeria. Wereas what is happening here is also happening
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
Chamberlin1983:
There one thing i so much love the catholic church, never will they preach about paying of tithes to its members. Some pastors have resorted in preaching so much about tithe as if it is the only way to heaven. This is why i so much agree with forkes who say some men of God are into the church for their selfish gain and not really for the work of Christ.
Tithing will not get anyone into Heaven ...it is a sin against God so how can it?. undecided

Please read your bible and stop feeding on the lies that is the doctrines and traditions of men, Jesus Christ warned and even cursed those who do such - Mark 7 vs 1 - 23. undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Chamberlin1983(m): 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
I want to believe that you are a man of God. So let me ask you this simple question, are you a righteous man?
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by Vireani79: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

Oga read ur bible
U can only be a sinner once
Once u accept Jesus
U become righteous

The righteousness by the grace of Jesus
Now being right with God is when u believe and u are baptized by immersion not by sprinkling water on a baby
After this u are to work out ur salvation
Meaning it's a journey
U will fail
U will fall
U will do wrong
But u don't sin
Cos sin is the adamic nature

Whosoever is born of God is if God
A dog will give birth to a dog
A goat will give birth to a goat
So has God given birth to u
Since God cannot sin
U cannot sin
Re: Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members by choblak(m): 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
How is he going to return it
Am waiting for anwers

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Disrupt Church Service In Makurdi With Their Cows (Pics) / Apostle Suleman 'Heals' A Crippled Man At His Conference In Washington (Photos) / Pastor Carlton Apologizes After Calling Church Members ‘poor’ And ‘broke’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.