Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) (33166 Views)

God Does Not Live In Heaven - Pastor Abel Damina (Video) / Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) / Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by linearity: 12:53am On Jul 12, 2021
Mftivi:
what happened there is not just only speaking in tongues the gifts of the Holyspirit rested on them so the Holy Spirit through some of them witnessed to people around in their own languages through them. Speaking language of others is among the gifts of the Holy Spirit it aided in preaching the gospel then.

You clearly side-stepped the main point of my post and the reference I sighted....I never doubted that, speaking in tongues or other languages is not the gift of the Holy spirit, neither did I say that, it is not use for ministration.

My main point is, the Apostles speaking in tongues here spoke earthly languages understood by those in attendance....which contradicts one of the points of the Pastor.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On Jul 12, 2021
Krismas:
coolOkay for Hebrew first. It’s clear in the Bible that Elijah was taken bodily into heaven. Before him was another man, Enoch, taken bodily into heaven. Are these not Hebrews? On the mount of transfiguration, Jesus was joined by Moses and Elijah. Are they not Hebrews in Heaven?
Well, According to Jesus Christ, the one who brought the Kingdom with Him, no man has seen the Father - John 6 vs 43 - 46. So are you certain, we are speaking here of the same Heaven? undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Krismas(m): 1:01am On Jul 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. You are not called to follow the Old Covenaht but the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, the one who is Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. Jesus Christ, God's Law, declared it sin for anyone who belongs to Him to pretend Himself Father over any other in his flock - Matthew 23 vs 6- 10. He said we are all equal in His Kingdom and that those who do as He commands are His friends, implying that those who do not do as He commands are His enemies - John 15 vs 14

3. Jesus Christ clearly condemned those who would establish themselves as Rabbis over anyone who belonged in His flock. So , you claiming that the apostles established themselves as that which Jesus Christ means you accuse them of sinning against God. undecided
coolU have the liberty to latch to a scripture and be wresting it upside down the way u like. But understand that there is wot is called APOSTOLIC INTERPRETATION OF THE GOSPELS. It takes precedent. The way the apostles interpreted the command of Jesus in book of Acts and Epistles is final. Cos they lived wit Him from beginning to end. They therefore understand Him more. An example will be the so called Lord’s Prayer. Which in orthodox Christianity is the base for prayer recitations. Its completely refuted by the approach of the apostles towards prayers. They never recited prayers. Meaning the Lords prayer as thought by Jesus is not wot u think. U thinking is not enough
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Krismas(m): 1:04am On Jul 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Well, According to Jesus Christ, the one who brought the Kingdom with Him, no man has seen the Father - John 6 vs 43 - 46. So are you certain, we are speaking here of the same Heaven? undecided

coolHow many people in Nigeria has seen the president? Similarly u can be in heaven and not see God. Its a vast place full of lots of beings
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Praxis758: 1:05am On Jul 12, 2021
Krismas:
coolI believe u know Apocryphal is not the name of any script. Just a derogatory term for scripts that were not canonized by the most narrow minded panelist of selectors civilization have ever seen

The synod of Nicea and Ephesus were sound Presbyterian who denied sentiments, emotions and religiosity.

Remeber, the two synods were a few tens and hundreds of years away from the time of the early Apostles. There was no much controversy on the OT manuscripts while the amorphous NT scripts were the bone of contention.

Back to memory lane, the main arguments of the first synod were the authorship, chronology and historicity of the books.

While some people presented Epistles of Thomas and Judas as part of the NT, a thorough conparative review, reading and matching of the books didn't match with any of the books in both OT and the Gospel.

And, a man like Enoch, who lived thousands of years before the NT days couldn't have written any material to match the events as at the NT formative days.

The panelist did their thorough research and discovered that none of the places, personality and events referenced by those books existed.

For example, a book like Revelation was written in Patmos when the Roman government banned and prosecuted the early church, Paul's authorship of all his books were never in doubt and all those Epistles are interlinked. These simple features made them passed the test of authenticity.

Go and study the books and Judas and Thomas, then see my point
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 1:06am On Jul 12, 2021
Krismas:
coolU have the liberty to latch to a scripture and be wresting it upside down the way u like. But understand that there is wot is called APOSTOLIC INTERPRETATION OF THE GOSPELS. It takes precedent. The way the apostles interpreted the command of Jesus in book of Acts and Epistles is final. Cos they lived wit Him from beginning to end. They therefore understand Him more. An example will be the so called Lord’s Prayer. Which in orthodox Christianity is the base for prayer recitations. Its completely refuted by the approach of the apostles towards prayers. They never recited prayers. Meaning the Lords prayer as thought by Jesus is not wot u think. U thinking is not enough
So your Christianity is not based in the teachings of Jesus Christ, God's own Law but instead on someone's "interpretation" of God's Law, Jesus Christ. undecided

So, these apostles whose teachings you have Chosen to latch onto , are they in Heaven right now, or are they waiting in their graves to be judged, like every one else, for their deeds here on earth, when Jesus Christ returns? undecided

And do you also understand that the standard by which we will all , even the apostles whose teachings you have placed your trust in, be judged by is the very teachings and commandment of Jesus Christ, God's Law... and Truth in the Kingdom of God? undecided

And do you understand that only those who do as Jesus Christ has commanded, not as interpreted by His apostles, are friends of Jesus Christ .ie. they belong to the Father? undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Jul 12, 2021
Krismas:
coolHow many people in Nigeria has seen the president? Similarly u can be in heaven and not see God. Its a vast place full of lots of beings
Wow... so a one can exist for 1000s of years in Heaven without seeing God at all? Elijah and Enoch did this, you claim? undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Krismas(m): 1:10am On Jul 12, 2021
Praxis758:

The book of Enoch was promoted by Joseph Smith and his Jesus Christ of latter-day saints.

You can't hold onto such an adultrated script and claim to be on the way.

Be wise.
coolSmith have no connection to the book of Enoch. Smith focused more on promoting his confused literature, which he declared was more powerful than the Bible. So, don’t be afraid to read the book of Enoch
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Praxis758: 1:12am On Jul 12, 2021
Krismas:
coolSmith have no connection to the book of Enoch. Smith focused more on promoting his confused literature, which he declared was more powerful than the Bible. So, don’t be afraid to read the book of Enoch

Listen to his disciples and you'll understand my point.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Krismas(m): 1:22am On Jul 12, 2021
Praxis758:

The synod of Nicea and Ephesus were sound Presbyterian who denied sentiments, emotions and religiosity.

Remeber, the two synods were a few tens and hundreds of years away from the time of the early Apostles. There was no much controversy on the OT manuscripts while the amorphous NT scripts were the bone of contention.

Back to memory lane, the main arguments of the first synod were the authorship, chronology and historicity of the books.

While some people presented Epistles of Thomas and Judas as part of the NT, a thorough conparative review, reading and matching of the books didn't match with any of the books in both OT and the Gospel.

And, a man like Enoch, who lived thousands of years before the NT days couldn't have written any material to match the events as at the NT formative days.

The panelist did their thorough research and discovered that none of the places, personality and events referenced by those books existed.

For example, a book like Revelation was written in Patmos when the Roman government banned and prosecuted the early church, Paul's authorship of all his books were never in doubt and all those Epistles are interlinked. These simple features made them passed the test of authenticity.

Go and study the books and Judas and Thomas, then see my point
coolI’ve read the gospel of Thomas. I slightly disappointed u are copying and pasting for me. There are very obvious reasons why the NT presents the challenges it does. There are many fake NT out there. But how would u know until u read them? Equally, why have u not read the criticisms of the Nicean Synod? U need to before u christen it flawless. The fact that two books in the Bible quoted extensively from the book of Enoch, rubbish all talk about its content being irrelevant, far apart and so on.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by offiahvictor(m): 1:22am On Jul 12, 2021
heniford2:
What he said is true haba! Most we be ignorant like this the Bible was written and changed by the Roman Catholic Church so is possible
Stop spewing trash
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Krismas(m): 1:26am On Jul 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So your Christianity is not based in the teachings of Jesus Christ, God's own Law but instead on someone's "interpretation" of God's Law, Jesus Christ. undecided

So, these apostles whose teachings you have Chosen to latch onto , are they in Heaven right now, or are they waiting in their graves to be judged, like every one else, for their deeds here on earth, when Jesus Christ returns? undecided

And do you also understand that the standard by which we will all , even the apostles whose teachings you have placed your trust in, be judged by is the very teachings and commandment of Jesus Christ, God's Law... and Truth in the Kingdom of God? undecided

And do you understand that only those who do as Jesus Christ has commanded, not as interpreted by His apostles, are friends of Jesus Christ .ie. they belong to the Father? undecided
coolU are forgetting, that we are taking about a book. Jesus himself did not write the book. It was written by those who you are here looking down on. Or did u see Jesus Christ by yourself? If no, then u have to believe those who saw him. U cant know more than dem
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Krismas(m): 1:33am On Jul 12, 2021
Praxis758:

Listen to his disciples and you'll understand my point.
coolI have had lots of conversation with them. In the last one, they even told me, WE SHALL SEE ON THE JUDGEMENT DAY grin They know nothing about the book of Enoch. Even if they mention it in passing as they do the book of Isaiah. There main focus is the book of Mormons
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by CanadaCars(m): 1:34am On Jul 12, 2021
GeneralPula:
Everything about Christianity is Man-made..

Nah why pastors no dey practice wetin dem dey preach..

Did the Scribes and Pharisees practice the Law? They received the law through Moses. Did Moses receive the Law from man or from God?

You are right pastors are not practicing what they preach, but that does not make Christianity man made.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by drphantom: 1:50am On Jul 12, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
sad Just when I was beginning to like this MOG, he suddenly begins to dish out strange utterances. Hallelujah isn't a heavenly word, and so what? If all Christians unite to use it, strictly for the purpose of praising God is it bad? How about words like "praise the Lord", "hail the King of Kings", "magnify his name", etc, are they heavenly words? Ok oooo

Sir, I think your mistake here is assuming that he is criticizing the use of hallelujah as a word.

All, he is saying is that hallelujah is not a word in the language of heaven.

Hallelujah is a word of Hebrew origin which means ‘praise the Lord’.

Being Hebrew makes it a language of the earth and not of heaven.

His point is the what would more appropriately be termed a heavenly language is speaking in other tongues as this is explained in scripture as inspired (not driven) b6 the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spake with other tongues AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THEM UTTERANCE)
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 1:59am On Jul 12, 2021
Krismas:
coolU are forgetting, that we are taking about a book. Jesus himself did not write the book. It was written by those who you are here looking down on. Or did u see Jesus Christ by yourself? If no, then u have to believe those who saw him. U cant know more than dem
But I am not talking here about a book but Jesus Christ, the Word of God. undecided

My trust in not in any of the books I read but in God Himself and it is through Him I came to understand who Jesus Christ is and why His teachings and commandments, as documented even in the Gospels ar4 meant to be taken as Law , Just as Jesus Christ is said to have declared over 2000 years ago. undecided

I don't believe those who saw Him, I believed first on God and then He led me to Jesus Christ, God's Law in the Kingdom of God. lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Foodforthought: 2:02am On Jul 12, 2021
livette:
I know you to preach errors and wrong messages in Nigeria...
True. One of the pioneers of Once saved forever saved. Error!
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 2:03am On Jul 12, 2021
drphantom:

His point is the what would more appropriately be termed a heavenly language is speaking in other tongues as this is explained in scripture as inspired (not driven) b6 the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spake with other tongues AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THEM UTTERANCE)
But sorry, Jesus Christ never said Speaking in tongues was of the Spirit of God though - Mark 16 vs 17 - 18 undecided

In fact, according to Jesus Christ, it is rather a sign that one believes in Jesus Christ and not a sign that one has the Spirit of God aka is Holy/Perfect in the sight of God. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Jul 12, 2021
Praxis758:

Heresy
Huh? undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Keemsleek005(m): 3:07am On Jul 12, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Speaking in tongue is demonic, show me where Jesus did it.they will speak in new tongue mean new language, not the gibberish many people fake

Pls try and read your bible and dont lead people astray. Jesus said i will send you a comforter( THE HOLY SPIRIT) and when the disciplines were gather in upper room praying the holy spirit came upon them and the began to speak in tongues. All these happened after the death of jesus and resurrection of christ.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Keemsleek005(m): 3:09am On Jul 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But sorry, Jesus Christ never said Speaking in tongues was of the Spirit of God though - Mark 16 vs 17 - 18 undecided

In fact, according to Jesus Christ, it is rather a sign that one believes in Jesus Christ and not a sign that one has the Spirit of God aka is Holy/Perfect in the sight of God. undecided

The started speaking in tongues after the holy spirit came upon them. That means they were baptized with the Holy spirit and it now dwell in them. That implies the person is spirit filled.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 3:16am On Jul 12, 2021
Keemsleek005:

The started speaking in tongues after the holy spirit came upon them. That means they were baptized with the Holy spirit and it now dwell in them. That implies the person is spirit filled.
Sure, Baptism by the Holy Spirit is a sign of Holiness and happens only those who have become Holy/Perfect .i.e. without sin. undecided

Speaking of tongues on the other hand is simply a sign given simply to those who believe. So two different, somewhat unrelated things took place on pentecost. The followers of Jesus Christ were baptized by the Spirit of God as a show of their Holiness/Perfection, and also they spoke in tongues, a sigh that followed those who believed in Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 3:20am On Jul 12, 2021
Keemsleek005:

Pls try and read your bible and dont lead people astray. Jesus said i will send you a comforter( THE HOLY SPIRIT) and when the disciplines were gather in upper room praying the holy spirit came upon them and the began to speak in tongues. All these happened after the death of jesus and resurrection of christ.
The sign of the Comforter is not speaking in tongues though. The Spirit of God needs no sign since He speaks for Himself. undecided

Speaking in tongues is instead a sign given to those with believe in Jesus Christ. Only those who have become Sons of God, this through continual submission to and obedience of the teachings of Jesus Christ(Truth), and are set free by the Truth from slavery to sin, then qualify for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Mftivi: 3:22am On Jul 12, 2021
linearity:

You clearly side-stepped the main point of my post and the reference I sighted....I never doubted that, speaking in tongues or other languages is not the gift of the Holy spirit, neither did I say that, it is not use for ministration.

My main point is, the Apostles speaking in tongues here spoke earthly languages understood by those in attendance....which contradicts one of the points of the Pastor.
please read my comment again.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by IAMPEDRO: 4:11am On Jul 12, 2021
Tho I don't know him that well, that's his own understanding about the word. The Bible stated clearly that whatsoever we agreed here on Earth will be stamp in heaven and whatsoever we cast here will also be stamp.
As a Christian we've agreed to use the word "Hallelujah" as a sign to praise our Father in heaven for his unending love. So it's a heavenly language.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by ofiko123(m): 4:12am On Jul 12, 2021
What will somebody not hear in this world again..
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Jul 12, 2021
IAMPEDRO:
Tho I don't know him that well, that's his own understanding about the word. The Bible stated clearly that whatsoever we agreed here on Earth will be stamp in heaven and whatsoever we cast here will also be stamp.
As a Christian we've agreed to use the word "Hallelujah" as a sign to praise our Father in heaven for his unending love. So it's a heavenly language.
Please stop deceiving yourself with that. undecided

When it comes to "binding" and "loosing" are declared by Jesus Christ, it becomes obvious whatever it is your bind/loose also has to have an identity in Heave for His Law to apply. You dont just go "binding" an unbeliever or a house or even a language. undecided

Currently, "Hallelujah" is a word of a language spoken here on earth. No amount of ignorant binding can make it a heavenly language. You will have more luck trying to bind wind than that. lipsrsealed

You have to look for those things that exist both in Heaven and here on earth. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Emmyjumy(m): 4:46am On Jul 12, 2021
Let pst Abel read Revelation19 v1-6,(new living translation) he will av a better understanding of d word Alleluia.
Alleluia is an heavenly language spoken by d 24 elders in praising God.
I wish to know d bible pst Abel Damina reads.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:58am On Jul 12, 2021
Emmyjumy:
Let pst Abel read Revelation19 v1-6,(new living translation) he will av a better understanding of d word Alleluia.
Alleluia is an heavenly language spoken by d 24 elders in praising God.
I wish to know d bible pst Abel Damina reads.
Where is this verse? undecided

If God speaks to me in English, couldn't I equally claim then that English is also a Heavenly language undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Ekwuemechidubem: 6:02am On Jul 12, 2021
See face like stone
Hmmm
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by capacino(m): 6:16am On Jul 12, 2021
It’s true, cuz Africans don’t research or ask questions to know that the word hallelujah is not even heavenly and man made god in whatever image he likes. Speaking in tongues saying rubbish out of stupidity is madness too.. I implore Christians faithfools to ask the origin of the word “AMEN” and they’d be shocked.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by jimmynauty: 7:37am On Jul 12, 2021
collinsfhk:
It simply means he does not believe the bible itself. Not surprised though.

Revelation 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

19:4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

EOD

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.