Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) (137489 Views)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches / Woman Used By 5 Pastors For Miracles Traced, Reveals What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by gaftsoil(m): 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
Business men
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Cokahot: 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
I told u oyedepo is the anti Christ.
Bastard scammer. No worry late tb Joshua own na small,yours is coming
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by go4value(m): 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
Anybody called of God cannot be sacked by Human...so who called him? From what the man is saying,does he look like he has a call?
what was he doing before this employment?
Can you continue to pay a non performing staff?
When he was employed did he make it viral?
Did Jesus pay the disciples while he was on Earth?

Can't I sack my employee?

Many of you ranting here can't employ 2persons and pay them 40k every month....
Smh

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by highbee02: 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by BePrepared: 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
Everyone is jumping up and down criticizing the church in matter which u don't know the details...

Remember how God struck Uzzah to death for attempting to help God

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by iamdapsyj(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
CodeTemplar:

That part about all branches having accommodation isnt true. It is 90% wrong.

Bro, that guy does not have the details of what he is saying. I want to believe he is talking about established parishes. The new pastors that were employed last year have to start from scratch. Some people will just come online to spew what they don't have facts about. Someone close to me is one of the pastors employed last year but thank God he is doing well in his parish. One of his colleague is on query because he is not doing quiet well in his parish.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by frog12: 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
no be money dem use fund their university be dis ?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by billyG(m): 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
Baba worship money not Jesus.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kay25(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
I hope he is saying the whole truth..If they run a check on church's income and they found that you as a pastor you are not remitting th actual money then you can be sacked for fraud..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by chris51(f): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
This confirms that these churches are business centres.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by chris51(f): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
chris51:
This confirms that these churches are business centres.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by AreaFada2: 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
AmandaTalks:
A pastor at Winners Chapel has cried out after he was sacked for not generating enough money in his branch.

According to the pastor, mr Peter Godwin, he was invited by the state pastor and getting there he met other pastors about 40 and they were all sacked over low income in their branches.

Watch the video below from 2.44 minutes as a Living Faith Church Pastor reveals how he was sacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLhcBEjpwxg

Blogger, Maureen Badejo also talks about the sack too. Watch from 40 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_IpH8dndJk
OK.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
blaise26abj:
I think people should be taught to give more without pressure from pastors . Running a church ( the edifice ) for the comfort of the church ( the congregation of brethrens ) is not yams . Comfortable chairs , instruments to create music and communicate to people , generators , air conditions , buying and maintaining buses to and fro the church, maintaining a decent income for the pastors so they don’t bother about how to feed their families and can focus on feeding the flock , to even evangelize in this modern time is capital intensive .
How many of you will listen to an evangelist with megaphones in the comfort of your Range Rover? Money is needed is do a lot of things in the church. While I agree that some pastors have abused this need , it doesn’t remove the fact that churches need money to run and Christians need to GIVE.

People should learn to worship online

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by paltielx: 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
Man of money not man of God

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Seyitosino(m): 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
obonujoker:
Lies... I don't believe this.

I believe Oyedepo is more of winning souls rather than mundane things...

Moreover, not until we hear from the church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Emeka71(m): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
lilvicky68:
Omo.. business gats move forward na..even the fig tree that wasn't producing was cut down..

Pastors should take this as a lesson to venture into other businesses about from church so as not to be caught in a sapastic moment like this..
After-all Bishop Oyedepo is a good business-man and he is trying to teach them sense of how to be productive.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
And if government decide to reason their matter, dem go begin dey gallivant up and down.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Alexaonfleek: 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
Pentecostal churches in the mud again embarassed
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Livelystone01: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If true, It wouldn't be surprise because this is a sad but true reality of what the church has turn into these days.

Not much different from the world to whom the church was sent.

One man who I had great respect while growing up was Benson Idahosa. If I'd be honest, I respected him more than God. If God says a thing and he says something else, I would easily take what he says over that of God. So when I see many Christians do same today with their church leaders, i understand where they're coming from because i've been there and done that myself.

One day in late Nineties, a bishop in Idahosa's church, when there were just three of them, who was a family member lamented seriously about how it had become about how much money they brought to the headquarters in Benin City where Benson Idahosa was still in charge.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, I wasn't very comfortable with that news, as Benson Idahosa was a man i looked up to with great respect, and that didn't sound very nice in my ears.

It was clear that he had drifted from what he used to be, and began to chase the riches and things of this world which Jesus says chokes the Word and make it not to bear fruits to perfection in one's life.

It was that glaring that after his death his church made it a mandate to go back to their founding principles of evangelism being their supreme task.

So when i speak the way i do about the loss of focus of today's church leaders concerning the things of God, that they now prioritize the lesser things like tithing, I am not speaking because I just want to speak, but I know what I'm talking about.

It's the sad reality of what the church has become today.

I pray the church gets back to the ways of the early church where it was all about God.

God bless.
Someone like you make criticism looks beautiful.

This is how a critique is supposed to speak, not someone who has hidden hatred.

The truth is that the church needs critiques in order to be kept in line, the pastors are humans and they need to be reminded of their mission, but these people criticizing should speak without bias.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by chidyke77(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
If there is no Catholic I will stop going to church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by DeHorus: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
richmond500:
its called house on the rock.

They are observing Covid19 protocol, so if u don't book online and take a seat, don't even think of coming to church cos they will send u back if there isn't extra seat, booking of seat is free
Ok that's reasonable to an extent tho
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
obonujoker:

So he is not thinking of rapture like our nairaland pastor?

See ehn the world will not end, 100 years from now everyone on this earth will be gone grin your world ends when you leave this earth.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Franking: 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Na to open their own church be that.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by AMI3(m): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
insidelife22:
Op change the headline to "CEO sacks 40 brancch managers for not meeting up to Expectations".
I will not remind you again!

I could have prefer this" CEO of WINNERS CHAPEL SACKED 40 BRANCH MANAGERS BECAUSE LOW TURN OVER"

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jude33084(m): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If true, It wouldn't be surprise because this is a sad but true reality of what the church has turn into these days.

Not much different from the world to whom the church was sent.

One man who I had great respect while growing up was Benson Idahosa. If I'd be honest, I respected him more than God. If God says a thing and he says something else, I would easily take what he says over that of God. So when I see many Christians do same today with their church leaders, i understand where they're coming from because i've been there and done that myself.

One day in late Nineties, a bishop in Idahosa's church, when there were just three of them, who was a family member lamented seriously about how it had become about how much money they brought to the headquarters in Benin City where Benson Idahosa was still in charge.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, I wasn't very comfortable with that news, as Benson Idahosa was a man i looked up to with great respect, and that didn't sound very nice in my ears.

It was clear that he had drifted from what he used to be, and began to chase the riches and things of this world which Jesus says chokes the Word and make it not to bear fruits to perfection in one's life.

It was that glaring that after his death his church made it a mandate to go back to their founding principles of evangelism being their supreme task.

So when i speak the way i do about the loss of focus of today's church leaders concerning the things of God, that they now prioritize the lesser things like tithing, I am not speaking because I just want to speak, but I know what I'm talking about.

It's the sad reality of what the church has become today.

I pray the church gets back to the ways of the early church where it was all about God.

God bless.

God bless you for speaking your mind smiley

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Lately I stopped attending church because I see most of them as a business center....one certain church in pH if you no book seat online you can't gain access to the church on sunday
Omo e don dey reach that level so? Na wa ooo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jimmynauty: 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
insidelife22:
Op change the headline to "CEO sacks 40 brancch managers for not meeting up to Expectations".
I will not remind you again!

Bulls eye hit.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by rayvelez(m): 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ever since this yahoo pastor said covid19 vaccine was evil i know d man didn't have sense.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by descarado: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
Redeem is master in this act.
They don't waste time.
And they are very tribalistic too
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Wrackcityoffici: 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
Not my business pls��‍♂️
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by waa01: 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
business religion
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by ALABACONNECT(m): 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
Follow God but leave the Dogma. Find Christ but give Christianity a long thought.

It's all business and hypocrites in the presence of what the world tagged "Religion".

(At no point in writing this was anyone's feelings considered. Thank you)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

RCCG Prophecies For 2020 By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Pastor TB Joshua Of Synagogue Church Of All Nations Is Dead / At Last, Linda Ngaujah Exposed! She Is An Agent Of Satan From The Pit Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.