Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) (137463 Views)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches / Woman Used By 5 Pastors For Miracles Traced, Reveals What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
Skmoda:

With your long epistle you sound like an atheist..
If praying that the church returned to the ways of the early church where it was all about God, makes me sound like an atheist, then let me be an atheist to you.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Tareq1105: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
Wait till you hear the official statement from the church.

Judge not so that you won't be judged.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by iamdapsyj(m): 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! What you describe are surely problems that businesses have to tackle regularly. undecided

Oh well!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
Pastor dey use jesus do yahoo

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Nicerazor(m): 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
Man shall no live by bread alone na why dem make tea.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Goodnigga: 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
Well, let's be practical also in our approach. The HQ normally finances a new local church and they expect growth in all areas: spiritually, financially and in soul winning. So, if they are not living up to expectations, what do you expect? Remember the parable of the Talent. The one Jesus gave 1 and he didn't multiply it, you know his punishment. Even though we would like to reprimand, let's be both objective and realistic.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by NaBanga: 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
Toks2008:

I wrote here some years back of how things play out in Christ Embassy where i was a member of the HAven, a PCF segment of the churcjh.

Haven is made up of rich professionals who love to finance the gospel in the church. Anytime there is any huge project, the burden is on this group to cough out the finance.

But when i had a terrible accident in 2001 that made me totally incapacitated, there was not even one of these group members who gave me a dime pending when i get back on my feet.

Months after i was able to walk again i resumed worshipping at the church and guess what...just a month after i got back to church, we had a meeting to raise money to buy a car for the pastor of that branch at Alakija. I just shook my head and left the church for good.

I hope they have changed. Many churches are all about the money they can get from members and they don't really care about the welfare of same members or even care so much about the primary purpose of soul winning.

This is why i say salvation is a personal thing... Don't look at the churches but focus on Christ Jesus, accept him as lord and saviour and relate with him directly and not through any mortal man like yourself.

A very similar situation happened to me. I had been attending the church for 3 years and even served as a Sunday school teacher. I was actively involved and gave regularly. I went through a surgery and did not hear from one member. This was a large church but I knew the pastor personally along with others. My very dear friend at the time rained abuses on the pastor and his staff. They sheepishly came by her home offering small gifts. grin

Once I was better and resumed church services, that was when the pastor asked all members to contribute 800,000 naira for a new addition to the church. A close colleague talked sense into my head. He asked if I would receive any shares in the church as they built their long term wealth with my money? Suddenly my eyes go clear and I just japa. I went back to my small local church where they are truly helping others and those in the church.

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by nyiamfrank: 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
tillaman:
This can’t be real, so the church is truly a business enterprise

They have small small business centres everywhere.

Redeemed have smaller businesses outlets just like MTN everywhere you go.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Oweku: 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
harveyosho1:

Be deceiving ur self there... Don't u know the church( nowadays) is an extortion business limited

Like E. B. L you mean? grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by AjanleKoko: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
May I inquire as to why it can't be true? undecided

Wow, Kobojunkie still dey this lungu�
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by drLammy(m): 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
[quote author=Latakia post=103829506][/quote]

Your daddy G.O is a scammer grin

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by SoftChordz: 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lol hahaha this is to tell u that this is strictly BUSINESS. How about winning souls for God?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by pepericozi: 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
Wonderful!!!!

Jesus is Lord.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Blitzerz: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
Upload the evidence of sack letter, let us see.....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Goodnigga: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
Finally, not in any defense of wrong practices from the church, but if it is easy to start a church, some of you should go and replicate these things. Till today, Daddy Freeze is yet to run a church, he runs his mouth from a corner of his house where he shoots videos. It is easy to castigate but if it is you, you will do even worse. ProphetT.B Joshua, did what people want, those who still castigated him still did.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by billyG(m): 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
obonujoker:
Lies... I don't believe this.

I believe Oyedepo is more of winning souls rather than mundane things...

Ofcourse Winning souls unto himself more gullible souls more money.gerrit!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Hassanmaye(m): 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
insidelife22:
Op change the headline to "CEO sacks 40 brancch managers for not meeting up to Expectations".
I will not remind you again!
HahhahahhahHha
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by izubext007: 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
No wonder our pastor no dey rest for evangelism hmmmmm now I see. He keep saying " they is a prize for it"

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Krismas(m): 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
CodeTemplar:

That part about all branches having accommodation isnt true. It is 90% wrong.

coolAlso the part that all winners pastor is full time work is RUBBISH. There are part-time pastors

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kdon2: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
lilvicky68:
Omo.. business gats move forward na..even the fig tree that wasn't producing was cut down..

Pastors should take this as a lesson to venture into other businesses about from church so as not to be caught in a sapastic moment like this..

They should go do Yahoo abi?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by MrBONE2(m): 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
insidelife22:
Op change the headline to "CEO sacks 40 brancch managers for not meeting up to Expectations".
I will not remind you again!
Too Late Bwana the deed hayaaf being done grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by LadySarah: 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Jesus help us.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jascm: 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
��. The CEO Redeemed business church Ltd just sacked 40 branch managers for underperformance. Mtcheew and the ignorant sheeps won't still learn
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
And there are still idi-ots that still believe that is still about God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by zinaunreal(m): 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
obonujoker:
Lies... I don't believe this.

I believe Oyedepo is more of winning souls rather than mundane things...

Shatap
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Thandiubani(m): 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
E don tey wey I know say religion na scam.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Apst: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If true, It wouldn't be surprise because this is a sad but true reality of what the church has turn into these days.

Not much different from the world to whom the church was sent.

One man who I had great respect while growing up was Benson Idahosa. If I'd be honest, I respected him more than God. If God says a thing and he says something else, I would easily take what he says over that of God. So when I see many Christians do same today with their church leaders, i understand where they're coming from because i've been there and done that myself.

One day in late Nineties, a bishop in Idahosa's church, when there were just three of them, who was a family member lamented seriously about how it had become about how much money they brought to the headquarters in Benin City where Benson Idahosa was still in charge.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, I wasn't very comfortable with that news, as Benson Idahosa was a man i looked up to with great respect, and that didn't sound very nice in my ears.

It was clear that he had drifted from what he used to be, and began to chase the riches and things of this world which Jesus says chokes the Word and make it not to bear fruits to perfection in one's life.

It was that glaring that after his death his church made it a mandate to go back to their founding principles of evangelism being their supreme task.

So when i speak the way i do about the loss of focus of today's church leaders concerning the things of God, that they now prioritize the lesser things like tithing, I am not speaking because I just want to speak, but I know what I'm talking about.

It's the sad reality of what the church has become today.

I pray the church gets back to the ways of the early church where it was all about God.

God bless.
Sir I want to state that most churches in Ekiti especially the big churches are all doing rubbish. The pastors are unserious set of people I first attended redeem christian church of GOD and that pastors uses everything including the chairs to run his school. His son is also using the sound systems in church to run a viewing center for showing football matches when confront him with the truth he turned me to an enemy. I had to leave presently am in winners do u believe for one month the pastor is not in church we members just come pray and leave? The bible says show me a man diligent in his job he will stand before kings

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Judolisco(m): 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
lilvicky68:
Omo.. business gats move forward na..even the fig tree that wasn't producing was cut down..

Pastors should take this as a lesson to venture into other businesses about from church so as not to be caught in a sapastic moment like this..
but d same bible tells us not to despise the days of little beginnings... Dis is unscriptural...

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by am4truth(m): 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
AmandaTalks:
A pastor at Winners Chapel has cried out after he was sacked for not generating enough money in his branch.

According to the pastor, mr Peter Godwin, he was invited by the state pastor and getting there he met other pastors about 40 and they were all sacked over low income in their branches.

Watch the video below from 2.44 minutes as a Living Faith Church Pastor reveals how he was sacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLhcBEjpwxg

Blogger, Maureen Badejo also talks about the sack too. Watch from 40 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_IpH8dndJk

I don't believe the story.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Fcwilly: 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
E don happen, my church Nigeria PLC.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Awoo88: 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
Make the backsliding pastors talk the real reason dem sack them. Some of those thieves are quick to create sensationalism as their defence.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by chubarubah(m): 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
GreenArrow1:
It's a normal thing in business abeg. You people should let him rest. If other financial institutions like Union Bank and GTB can do same, why are people raising voice about Winner Chapel?

Name of the church pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

RCCG Prophecies For 2020 By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Pastor TB Joshua Of Synagogue Church Of All Nations Is Dead / At Last, Linda Ngaujah Exposed! She Is An Agent Of Satan From The Pit Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.