Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) (137466 Views)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches / Woman Used By 5 Pastors For Miracles Traced, Reveals What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Preator: 11:13am On Jul 18, 2021
Only when i see the letter. I am sure the church will come out with their own position soon. In Nigeria's present days of incompetent journalism and blogging, i take everything with a grain of salt

as usual, there are three sides to a story...

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Krismas(m): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Why is the church selfish ?.
You mean you want the pastor to move his family to a village of less than 100 villagers from the city ?. What school will his kids attend ?. What of the health institution in the village, that cannot cater for medical emergency ?. Why must the church sacrifice the younger generation for the church, instead of the GO's to be staying in the villages to win more souls, nope they will rather die in the comfort of the cities. My question is that what Jesus preached about loving your neighbor as yourself ?.

coolWhich village in Ekiti has less dan 100people? U don know wot u are saying. Wen the Bishop moved to Ota, it was a confirm jungle and burial ground of churches. The headquarters of the most wicked witches in Nigeria. Ur ability to turn the desert into a well spring, is proof God called u. Excuses is irrelevant. Result cannot be hidden. This pastor is strongly advised to change profession. Maybe a media person is his natural calling as I can see

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by danowena: 11:14am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Which Rapture? undecided

The man probably has a 30-year plan in place to ensure continued growth and expansion of his kingdom here on earth. undecided

Or maybe longer like Kenneth Hagin, I think, who believes he will not live a minute less than 120 in his kingdom here on earth. undecided

I thought Kenneth Hagin is dead and didn’t get to a hundred years sef.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by kenlolly75: 11:15am On Jul 18, 2021
This must be a joke!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2021
insidelife22:
Op change the headline to "CEO sacks 40 brancch managers for not meeting up to Expectations".
I will not remind you again!

LMAO grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Jimtop001(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
May I inquire as to why it can't be true? undecided
And may I inquire as to why it has to be true? You believe what you want to believe..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by NairaMaster1(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2021
lilvicky68:
Omo.. business gats move forward na..even the fig tree that wasn't producing was cut down..

Pastors should take this as a lesson to venture into other businesses about from church so as not to be caught in a sapastic moment like this..

Low income or low ATTENDANCE?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Image123(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2021
Thank God they're not sacked from the kingdom of God. Na that one go worse.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Krismas(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2021
emmanuelpopson:

U don't get it. He wasn't made the Head pastor within a year. Didn't you hear when he said he was among those selected for the new 10,000 church growth the man of God planned in 2020 and people who are selected or trained are leaders of the branches. He must have gone through training and their Bible school.. And since he was available. He became a leader..
grin Wot have I said differently? How can u be a leader under one year? I have been thru the Bible school, why am I not a LEADER?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by TimmyTen(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2021
Clearly an enterprise
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by yuping(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2021
I don't know how true this is, but I'm surprise that some people are surprise that the church is being run as a business.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by domopps(m): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2021
Believe this twist called news at your own peril

Cheers
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by NairaMaster1(m): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2021
Bodydiialect57:

How are you sure it's true?

Don't mind them. Most of the pastors are thieves and have to be sacked. They joined for lack of job.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by omoadeleye(m): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2021
tillaman:
This can’t be real, so the church is truly a business enterprise

At least those pastors will also be expecting salary and yet still they cannot generate enough revenue.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by drLammy(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2021
[quote author=Latakia post=103829506][/quote]

Your daddy G.O is a Scammer grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by drLammy(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2021

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by ThatFairGuy1: 11:20am On Jul 18, 2021
grin grin grin
Pastor righteousness2 happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Peppysco: 11:20am On Jul 18, 2021
obonujoker:

So he is not thinking of rapture like our nairaland pastor?

You dey mind that one, na hunger still dey worry am. Once he get sense to go open church and he begin dey make small money, guy go change levels. Where you go first know say money don dey dey hin hand na say, the guy go disappear for Nairaland cos of the need to upgrade to Daddy G.O as those ones nor dey parade Nairaland
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by J2381: 11:20am On Jul 18, 2021
I'm very sure Oyedepo's media team will start looking for anything to reply this very hot allegation. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by blaise26abj(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2021
I think people should be taught to give more without pressure from pastors . Running a church ( the edifice ) for the comfort of the church ( the congregation of brethrens ) is not yams . Comfortable chairs , instruments to create music and communicate to people , generators , air conditions , buying and maintaining buses to and fro the church, maintaining a decent income for the pastors so they don’t bother about how to feed their families and can focus on feeding the flock , to even evangelize in this modern time is capital intensive .
How many of you will listen to an evangelist with megaphones in the comfort of your Range Rover? Money is needed is do a lot of things in the church. While I agree that some pastors have abused this need , it doesn’t remove the fact that churches need money to run and Christians need to GIVE.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by TooMuchStuff: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2021
Toks2008:

I wrote here some years back of how things play out in Christ Embassy where i was a member of the HAven, a PCF segment of the churcjh.

Haven is made up of rich professionals who love to finance the gospel in the church. Anytime there is any huge project, the burden is on this group to cough out the finance.

But when i had a terrible accident in 2001 that made me totally incapacitated, there was not even one of these group members who gave me a dime pending when i get back on my feet.

Months after i was able to walk again i resumed worshipping at the church and guess what...just a month after i got back to church, we had a meeting to raise money to buy a car for the pastor of that branch at Alakija. I just shook my head and left the church for good.

I hope they have changed. Many churches are all about the money they can get from members and they don't really care about the welfare of same members or even care so much about the primary purpose of soul winning.

This is why i say salvation is a personal thing... Don't look at the churches but focus on Christ Jesus, accept him as lord and saviour and relate with him directly and not through any mortal man like yourself.

Very true.
Was a member of the Havens.
It's all about the Moola....for Church and Pastors.
If ya business collapses or u get sacked from work, you are immediately considered a failure. Except u have a huge savings to still float in the Havens

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by focus7: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Your analysis doesn't add up. How many members will a new Church have to generate 3 million in a month? An old church in the village maybe with the exception of Catholic Church, can't even generate 3 million in a whole year. Sometimes let's be realistic in our analysis.

Bishop defender kindly give us the analysis that add up by telling us how much the Bishop expect the churches to remit monthly to consider the performance of a pastor in his branch, that will help us to get how much the total will be multiplying by 10,000 churches.

MC Oluomo and Oyedepo are operating the same pattern of business but with different approaches.

Churches must be registered under business act and be subjected to tax paying.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 18, 2021
iamdapsyj:

Let me see if i can attend to your enquiry.....

What happened to most of the pastor sacked is not about monetary issues. They are basically not telling the truth and they feel pained.

I know a winners pastor in Ogun State who told me that most of these pastors don't reside in the places where they are transferred which in turn led to their inefficiency(doing their jobs accordingly).

I will give a scenario.....winners chapel will give you money to pay house rent in the place where you will pastor (according to their mandate your family should move with you to the place) but these pastors will for one reason or the other not move with their families. This results to absenteeism. They will only travel to their branches on Saturdays to prepare for Sunday service. They are required to do evangelism to create awareness about Christ and the church which they don't do as a result of not always being around. Unknown to some of these pastors, winners send some people to go do some investigations to know if these pastors are up and doing.

Secondly, they are been paid monies to get halls for their branches but some pastors will inflate the price while others even spent the money.

These pastors have so many misconducts they are not talking about but want to tarnish the image of the church.

Hello...

You not on page

No one is sending anybody to relocate. It's a Franchise. Same with redeem. You can buy it with money by just forming holy ghost for 2 month. What matters is what you are able to remit afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by adekunleoluseyi(m): 11:26am On Jul 18, 2021
Sir, considering the sack of 40 branches pastor for low income generated but i thought and we are told that Living Faith does not allowed satellite branches especially within the state.
All have to come to Ota on sunday to worship and pay their stewardship accordingly. But news is here somehow contracting. I stand to be corrected

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by gbemishile: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2021
These churches are employing staffs and sacki g them,which is no different as a business 3nterprise,yet these people frown at paying taxes to the federal government.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by DANITEX247: 11:28am On Jul 18, 2021
[quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=103814937]If true, It wouldn't be surprise because this is a sad but true reality of what the church has turn into these days.

Not much different from the world to whom the church was sent.

One man who I had great respect while growing up was Benson Idahosa. If I'd be honest, I respected him more than God. If God says a thing and he says something else, I would easily take what he says over that of God. So when I see many Christians do same today with their church leaders, i understand where they're coming from because i've been there and done that myself.

One day in late Nineties, a bishop in Idahosa's church, when there were just three of them, who was a family member lamented seriously about how it had become about how much money they brought to the headquarters in Benin City where Benson Idahosa was still in charge.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, I wasn't very comfortable with that news, as Benson Idahosa was a man i looked up to with great respect, and that didn't sound very nice in my ears.

It was clear that he had drifted from what he used to be, and began to chase the riches and things of this world which Jesus says chokes the Word and make it not to bear fruits to perfection in one's life.

It was that glaring that after his death his church made it a mandate to go back to their founding principles of evangelism being their supreme task.

So when i speak the way i do about the loss of focus of today's church leaders concerning the things of God, that they now prioritize the lesser things like tithing, I am not speaking because I just want to speak, but I know what I'm talking about.

It's the sad reality of what the church has become today.

I pray the church gets back to the ways of the early church where it was all about God.

God bless. You ve said it all.may God help us in this race

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by kissdreyalltime: 11:28am On Jul 18, 2021
News people hear from churches makes some of them decided not to attend again.. I don’t know maybe nah true sha..

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by nengibo: 11:28am On Jul 18, 2021
Hmmm, if true then it should be condemned
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by felixnkubi: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2021
FG should be collecting taxes from churches in Nigeria nationwide, this freedom they have is annoying! they collect offerings from there members, also that rubbish tithe of a thing, and other many ways they exploit their members, why then aren't they paying taxes.... at least I can understand mosques, they don't do any money collecting
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by faceland: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2021
Blame it on COVID-19
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by damosky12(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If true, It wouldn't be surprise because this is a sad but true reality of what the church has turn into these days.

Not much different from the world to whom the church was sent.

One man who I had great respect while growing up was Benson Idahosa. If I'd be honest, I respected him more than God. If God says a thing and he says something else, I would easily take what he says over that of God. So when I see many Christians do same today with their church leaders, i understand where they're coming from because i've been there and done that myself.

One day in late Nineties, a bishop in Idahosa's church, when there were just three of them, who was a family member lamented seriously about how it had become about how much money they brought to the headquarters in Benin City where Benson Idahosa was still in charge.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, I wasn't very comfortable with that news, as Benson Idahosa was a man i looked up to with great respect, and that didn't sound very nice in my ears.

It was clear that he had drifted from what he used to be, and began to chase the riches and things of this world which Jesus says chokes the Word and make it not to bear fruits to perfection in one's life.

It was that glaring that after his death his church made it a mandate to go back to their founding principles.

So when i speak the way i do about the loss of focus of today's church leaders concerning the things of God, that they now prioritize the lesser things like tithing, I am not speaking because I just want to speak, but I know what I'm talking about.

It's the sad reality of what the church has become today.

I pray the church gets back to the ways of the early church where it was all about God.

God bless.

It's all in your mind. You see wrong in the church because it is what the world and the devil wants you to see in the church.

The church has not waivered. Scandals and half truths were there since the days of Jesus and his apostles to cause men to waiver...

It's easy to lose respect for a man of God in our days. These made it so. But it's left to matured Christian to carry out Philippians 4:8. Are men of God without faults? No, they aren't. But they are still men used by God. God expects us to honour them and honour the church!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by emapeteum(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2021
Some gullible, uninformed members will be telling us that these are men of God.I Don't know if the statement Christ made that you cannot serve God and Mammon (money) is not in their Bible.Can you the see the whole emphasis on paying Tithe or you go hell! Redeem also mandates their local assemblies to remitt 60% of their income to national headquarters.My brothers and sisters,read the scripture deeply with an unbiased mind,you will realize that these men created another gospel that is after their belly and to be worship by men.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

RCCG Prophecies For 2020 By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Pastor TB Joshua Of Synagogue Church Of All Nations Is Dead / At Last, Linda Ngaujah Exposed! She Is An Agent Of Satan From The Pit Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.