Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. (49950 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / Virginity At 35, Is It A Thing Of Pride Or Shame? / Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2021
simplepee:
It's not late or abnormal.

Infact I'm not sure I can marry a man under 35. Men are very slow with sense. That 35 sef, some of them still don't have sense.

Modified

Tor. I hit many nerves with my comment. Pele my dears cheesy

Absolutely true....
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Franky9584(m): 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
dingbang:
So by 60, your kids will be entering uni? By that that you will be retired and not capable to support them in university.

And u never see person wey marry early n still not have kids after years?
Are u God?
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Balenciagabrain: 12:05am On Jul 21, 2021
StPete:
Do not let anyone deceive you, marrying at 35 is a tard late. Looking at the present state of Nigeria, except you have planned billions down for your unborn children, you will probably have to keep struggling in old age or after retirement to keep them alive and in school.

More so, research shows that the best time to give birth to healthy looking kids should be from 18-28 years.

There's nothing more proud than to see your grown child standing next to you and people assuming he/she is your sibling cheesy
I don't agree with you. What's more important, to have kids and struggle to train them? Or to take time to be able to raise them?

Where did you get your 18-28 from? A man can always give birth to healthy kids all his life

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by limcar: 12:07am On Jul 21, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Not everyone is fortunate to marry young or begin having children in their early twenties. So if they raise teenagers at 65, at least they have had children, too. Let them have their pleasures like everyone else.
as a woman, what does marriage mean to you
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by limcar: 12:09am On Jul 21, 2021
notoriousbabe:
It is too early. 45 is the ideal age for any man to get married
ha!
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by MidasO1(m): 12:12am On Jul 21, 2021
peacettw:

I can understand your frustration.. It can only come naturally when your sense of self worth is of no use to anyone let alone yourself.

My father sends his regards.
don't think you're faceless on this forum.
Dare quote me again and I'll post your pictures here so everyone on this forum can see you and take note of you

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by ajyogbon(m): 12:22am On Jul 21, 2021
Age just a number but for a man 25yr is not bad if he has a stable salary and mentally mature. To stood on his ground
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by idibe24(m): 3:18am On Jul 21, 2021
PAWG:

35 is right bros. My dad is 77 and comfortably paid my younger bro’s fees (Bsc-PhD) and refused all form of assistance from us.

It’s better to marry late than bring kids to this world early to suffer, making money could be competition but starting a family shouldn’t be.
how old is ur brother?and how old is ur dad when he got married to ur mom?
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by idibe24(m): 3:28am On Jul 21, 2021
It is bad for a guy to got married at 35,the question is here,at 35 when u got married when will u have to train ur children to finish secondary school and finish University, will should not forget that the limit that the death rate is 80yrs person have enter ground,for me is better for some one to got married on time when is 25 yrs

1 Like

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Gaddafih001(m): 5:32am On Jul 21, 2021
englishmart:
I understand age is just a number, but all numbers are not equal still. The society tend to fix a standard for everything. Most guys will want to get married on or before they turn 30, but a couple of uncontrollable factors preclude that from happening.

What's your take concerning marrying at 35 for guys. Do you think it's a bit late?
I got married at 26,3 kids,tons of regrets....
I am on the highway to a divorce and probably planning to marry again.
Never ever regret anything in your life.
Just thank God for everything and live positively..

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Kirkman: 5:40am On Jul 21, 2021
Gaddafih001:

Regrets such as? Care to share so that we learn from your fountain of marriage experiences?
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by babyfaceafrica: 6:11am On Jul 21, 2021
Gaddafih001:

Life no balance

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by mccoyelectric: 6:18am On Jul 21, 2021
Marvieduke:
I don't see anything wrong even at 40, it depends on when you find your true love.
abeg guys marry early oh ... We men have a shorter life span than the women ... Do not be deceived ... She said 40 is okay ... If u marry by 40 by 60 u will still be paying school fees oh ... Start early so I'm ur 60s u LL relax and reap the fruit of ur labour's ...don't listen to this women oh ... U LL just die and they take ur property...
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by PAWG(m): 6:22am On Jul 21, 2021
idibe24:
how old is ur brother?and how old is ur dad when he got married to ur mom?

Private, cos I know you’ll have more questions asides the 2 you asked. Smarty
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by BRATISLAVA: 7:17am On Jul 21, 2021
limcar:
as a woman, what does marriage mean to you

You're a man. What does it concern you?
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by 4ckTOT0: 8:46am On Jul 21, 2021
MidasO1:
don't think you're faceless on this forum.
Dare quote me again and I'll post your pictures here so everyone on this forum can see you and take note of you
shut up, if you get mind may we meet
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
simplepee:
It's not late or abnormal.

Infact I'm not sure I can marry a man under 35. Men are very slow with sense. That 35 sef, some of them still don't have sense.

Modified

Tor. I hit many nerves with my comment. Pele my dears cheesy
I like your post but I believe you are who you attract !!
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
StPete:
Do not let anyone deceive you, marrying at 35 is a tard late. Looking at the present state of Nigeria, except you have planned billions down for your unborn children, you will probably have to keep struggling in old age or after retirement to keep them alive and in school.

More so, research shows that the best time to give birth to healthy looking kids should be from 18-28 years.

There's nothing more proud than to see your grown child standing next to you and people assuming he/she is your sibling cheesy
I senior some of my Grandpa children ooo and my papa had me when my Grandpa was 50s .. go figure ... and all of them are healthy ... dem no dey sick .... forget that thing .....

As for struggling, A sane man will not struggle to train children ... a Man should have start cooking in his 20s and atleast whatever stew you are cooking must be done for atleast 15years then at 35 you are ready to produce babies from your cells.... then you keep cooking .... A sane man would have created events he and his family at least nuclear will chop for the rest of his life ceteris paribus....

No matter how hard programming is 15years is enough to be ontop of its food chain and monetized your brain to the extent that even if you ain't working , your work is still generating income out there .....

Life is not difficult except for the lazy and unfortunate ones ... May God help us ....

Anyway, Life is War ... Don't relax when you don't have shield over your dugout .... Marriage is a dugout but without shield, you will be fired !!

1 Like

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2021
PAWG:

35 is right bros. My dad is 77 and comfortably paid my younger bro’s fees (Bsc-PhD) and refused all form of assistance from us.

It’s better to marry late than bring kids to this world early to suffer, making money could be competition but starting a family shouldn’t be.
Same with my Grandpa too .... He paid all his children school fees all by himself .... even in his 70s ... He would not allowed anybody to pay their school fees and you will face his wrath if you collect your school fees somewhere else ....

He sponsored me too and my stipends monthly was 15k as an undergraduate 11years ago

Real Estate paid all the dues !!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by limcar: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You're a man. What does it concern you?
pardon me. I'm just curious. I want to learn things from own perpective. You seem experienced.
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by limcar: 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
Gaddafih001:

if you had the chance again, what would you have done right?
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2021
ibechris:

At retirement u will know if u are right or not.

Wait when pampass would be 10k.
Children Vaccines would be 10k
Milk would be 10k.

U better start reasoning now,the sleepness night men go through to assist their wife's can be frustrating and consuming at the same. Old age isn't good for nurturing children.
Time shall tell.
A 15yo is no more a Child my dear ... add one/two years He or she is in the University........ 35-40 is not bad to raise kids...

Then marry Young full fledged Damsel to complement the Biology !!
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
easzypeaszy:
Meaning at 50 my first child wl be 15
God no go allow am...abeg if I can't at 28 let it be at 30
For ladies d lord is ur guide
No be by howfar but how well .... Some 15yo can sell a 40yo ..... the most important is the age you have what it takes to man your family and take them all to the promise land!!
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by ibechris(m): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2021
DonroxyII:
A 15yo is no more a Child my dear ... add one/two years He or she is in the University........ 35-40 is not bad to raise kids...

Then marry Young full fledged Damsel to complement the Biology !!

I am not against anyone marrying late,but for a fact,every decision one takes in life has it's consequences.
Good luck to both everyone.
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Suigeneris9548(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2021
Thank you.
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by easzypeaszy(m): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
DonroxyII:
No be by howfar but how well .... Some 15yo can sell a 40yo ..... the most important is the age you have what it takes to man your family and take them all to the promise land!!
frgt dat hwfr n hw well....doesnt wrk in marriage...am a married man n am telin u...marriage na wound wey u need manage so frgt hw well or hw soon not in marriage.
if na Money Bezoz n Bill Gate fr no split, if na religion d 2 Pastor Chris fr no split, if na Nackin Bolanle pepedem fr no comot in 6mnths.
we r in a fail country n d only joy u cn gt ur sef aside seen ur parents is to hv ur own product as fast as u can.
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
ibechris:

I am not against anyone marrying late,but for a fact,every decision one takes in life has it's consequences.
Good luck to both everyone.
Eggsactly and just manage the consequences.......

Marrying earlier doesn't mean one would sire the children to old age , marrying late doesn't mean you won't see them to adulthood....

It's just life our emotions is the one playing pranks on us all.
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
easzypeaszy:
frgt dat hwfr n hw well....doesnt wrk in marriage...am a married man n am telin u...marriage na wound wey u need manage so frgt hw well or hw soon not in marriage.
if na Money Bezoz n Bill Gate fr no split, if na religion d 2 Pastor Chris fr no split, if na Nackin Bolanle pepedem fr no comot in 6mnths.
we r in a fail country n d only joy u cn gt ur sef aside seen ur parents is to hv ur own product as fast as u can.
You too take life hard ... calm down !
Wharever .... e better to marry when you have the wherewithal to sire the marriage to success if not at topmost level atleast on average level .....

Dude, you ain't being sensible with bill gate, chris and Bezos.... Oyinbo can split over stupid things not money..... But Here in Africa, Money matters and adequate source of income atop inflationary pressure ......

Bring your brain home and stop thinking beyond your nose ..... the most important debacle in Nigerian most late Marriages is "Poverty " ..... I bet your wife will still not leave you even if she knows you have side chicks but Oyinbo or westernized brain will drop your silly ass in a jiffy !!

If to say ur own na wound, if you don't apply appropriate measures, drugs, Management and Mechanisms , your wound go worse and no go heal .... Many marriages already failed in Africa na patch patch remain ....

E better to marry and have a brighter chance to withstand the challenges than marry with no chance at all when the challenges comes and that's why many dude failed in their matrimonial duties save the p.enis.

How can you control a woman you can't feed but ur dic is always on the rise ...

How can a woman you can't afford basic gift honour your manliness .....

Most marriages consumed before a man breakthrough is the pinnacle of most poverty in Nigeria/Africa...... Jump da fvc in and jump da fvc out ......

Most men do not have the maturity to prosecute Marriage even in 40s and that's because of Poverty mostly self induced ....

If Government can't help you, help yourself!!

How can someone with 30k minimum wage have 5kids in 2021 .... That's poverty android 11 version .....

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 6:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Go and live with couples with significant age gaps first, then you'll get me better. No one is talking about career or no career. There is difference between having a close confidant and companion than an ordinary housewife. Some men are too "matured" for their wifes, so she can only bring food and sex to the table. They find it very difficult to synthesize issues together and this causes the man to look down on his lady. On the outside they may look okay, but inside they do not resonate mentally.

The best bet is to marry someone you connect with, with similar characteristics. Someone close to your age. Even if there's immaturity, you'll both grow into each other with time.

A happy marriage is not about who is matured enough to take care of a girl but who fits with a girl.
Age doesn't play utmost role in maturity .... some 22yo girls reasoned better than even 30s .... the most important Is a girl with similar characteristics as you and that's if you are of higher calibre characteristics yourself ..... Most men failed their wife or wives because of dearth of mental acumen ...

A 23yo graduate even undergraduate can resonate with a 40yo man if you train her well .....

Women has more neurons than men so they catch up faster but they only lack deep thinking due to many issues conflicting with each other in their brains!!

If you can dissect a woman's brain well, you will enjoy her alot ... All it takes is training, care and good fvck !! If you know what I mean !!
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2021
truthsayer009:

Lmao, you're thinking of it in a backward direction.

Ideally, a serious man's value / career / business worth increases with age, especially when he his not married because he has an advantage of his youth, time and money to save and invest because no kids are involved at this time. He can jump from business to business to see which one benefits him without thinking of children and family.

A serious man at 35 already has his life, finances, education (Msc PhDs) etc figured out before this time, so therefore he makes more money per hour than a younger man which inturn means he doesn't have to work twice as hard. Even as a business man, at 35 your business should have really established that you make more per day.

Again at 35, you don't have to double your hustle really. All you need is just to manage your existing investment or career, that's all.

It takes less time to build a house when you are older than younger because you have more financial resources and connections.
All things being equal ... at 35 you should have finished crossing all the hurdles nature throws at you whether in Nigeria or Abroad and you should have set your life straight then let the woman come to manage your wealth and bear fruits !!
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2021
PAWG:

80-18 = 35 abi?
Oshogbo weed is crazy ...

1 Like

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by DonroxyII: 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
truthsayer009:

A whole lot of men, honestly a lot of men in my circle who are 35 and above have made it financially in my opinion. Even those guys from my secondary school years ago, especially the older ones, they are doing really well.

Some of them are even on Nairaland, they work for foreign coy and are doing well.

I am not 35 yet, but i see myself doing really well at 35 just like them at that age.

Any man who took his life serious at the age of 25 should be doing so well at 35, even those who have spiritual issues with prosperity. They should have been spiritually delivered in space of 10 years.
That's if you were able to hack your village people ooo ... some are still fighting spell even in 80s grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Which one of these ladies would you consider for marriage? / Beautiful Igbo Women / Since We Moved To The UK, I’m No Longer Attracted To My Husband - Nigeria Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.