Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Diary Of A Playboy - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Diary Of A Playboy (29063 Views)

How Do U Know He's A Playboy? / Why I Decided To Be A Playboy / Playboy Founder, Hugh Hefner Dies At 91(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Playboy by BigBasher: 7:03am On Oct 26, 2021
Waiting for more
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by EmmanuelBlaze04: 9:14am On Oct 26, 2021
Nice write-up �
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by ThrillPlus: 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ultimas:

I couldn't help it, I gently held her shoulders in my hands, and kissed her softly on the cheek. But then with a heavy heart, I quietly stepped away and let myself out the door.

Once in the hallway, I started striding to the elevator, my cell phone already out in my hand as I thumbed it back on.

If she had set me up, oh man was I going to kill Rosalinda.

"I swear I had nothing to do with it!" Rosalinda pleaded with me, her voice slightly distorted by our intermittent cellular connection.

"You're sure? Paparazzi just like to hang outside Geno's waiting to see if Tade Robins will show up? And who are these 'sources' who say we've been dating for four years?"

"Like I know? I wasn't planning anything."

"Oh, and the whole conversation about me pretending to be your boyfriendhelping your career? I'll bet that never happened? I imagined the whole thing!"

Now Rosalinda's voice took a turn for the pissed off. "Look, I swear to you again that I had nothing to do with it. you can choose to either trust me on that or not. Just stop yelling at me!"

Then my phone triple beeped to let me know the call had ended. She'd fucking hung up on me. And in a spur of rage, I screamed and threw my phone against the wall where the case cracked and fell to the floor. What the Bleep did I care? I had enough money to buy the whole damn wireless company!

And then my stomach growled loudly.

Oh, for crying out loud.

TUESDAY

I awoke to hear insistent rapping against my door. How long they'd been banging outside I didn't know, but the noise wouldn't go away, even after I'd tried drowning it out with a pillow over my ears.

Bleary eyed, I finally staggered out of bed and peered through the peephole. I was rather hoping to see Nancy, or even maybe Rosalinda. But I was left with my disappointment. Damn lawyers...

I opened up to see one of the distinguished gentlemen I'd met yesterday at Mr. Kendall's law firm. 'Mr. Rubenstein' if I remembered the name correctly. He looked at me quizzically.

"I apologize for appearing at your door unannounced, Mr. Robins, but your mobile is not answering."

"Oh, yeah. I think I broke my phone last night."

"I see." He glanced up and down at my disheveled appearance. "Are you just waking up?"

"Yes."

"But it's already 10am."

"Well, I don't have a job anymore."

He chewed on that for a second. "Quite right. May we come in?"

"Yes, of course, of course." I stepped out of the doorway and as Rubenstein came in, I noticed the second person for the first time. I wasn't quite sure how I'd missed her in the first place, as she was a statuesque blonde and devastatingly attractive. She was also holding a very familiar stack of folders.

My guests removed their shoes politely (African tradition) and then the three of us sat down in my living room, me on the couch and the two of them in my only wing chairs. I looked back at the stack of folders, trying to remember why they looked so familiar.

"Ah," Rubenstein continued. "you left these in the car yesterday evening, an accident I'm sure." The blonde held the folders against her chest and smiled at me. I was still wondering who she was as I looked up at her pretty face and silvery blue eyes.

Rubenstein followed my gaze. "Oh yes, where are my manners. Allow me to introduce Miss Cooper. She will be your new personal assistant."

My eyes immediately flashed back to Rubenstein. "Excuse me?"

Diary of a Playboy: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/diary-of-a-playguy/43624
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Ultimas: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2021
I glanced back at the gorgeous blonde he was referring to. She definitely did not look any older than my 27 years, so I wondered how she could possibly have all that experience. Despite her good looks, after what I was emotionally going through with both Nancy and Rosalinda, I was not really in the mood to deal with more interference in my life. "Thank you for the offer but ..." I was interrupted. "The decision has already been made, Mr. Robins, you need the help, whether you think you do or not. Now, if your issue is with Miss Cooper, I'm sure the agency can provide you with replacement. In the meantime, she will work with you to handle your change in residence ."I was confounded by his use of residence and I asked him about it. "Tade," he started, his voice becomhg a triffle paternal and condescendig. I noted that he did not refer to me as 'Mister'. "I was a very good friend of your father .," [source: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/diary-of-a-playguy/43624 ]
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Saturn101: 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
Interesting update
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by BigBasher: 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
NICE WORK
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by ThrillPlus: 2:14am On Oct 29, 2021
Cool
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by BigBasher: 10:03pm On Oct 29, 2021
Waiting for more
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Zamar: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2021
BigBasher:
Waiting for more
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by FairCritic(m): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2021
Ride on.
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by ThrillPlus: 8:23am On Oct 31, 2021
Go on.
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Zamar: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2021
More
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Ultimas: 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
"Unfortunately, he is no more to give you the advice for a time like this. There are certain things that you need to understand. The first is that a man of your economic status will always face certain risks. This building cannot provide the level of security that you need. The second thing is that no matter how hard you work, nothing can prepare you to deal with new life better. People you've known for years will suddenly treat you differently." i nodded at him. He was very right. My mother always told me: When the road bends, your choice is to bend with it or you fall off the road. Now, it was time for me to adapt to my new life. I looked at Rubeinstein straight in the eye and told him to let us get started. We spent the rest of the day packaging up my entire life and getting ready to start a new start. I signed the necessary documents to allow Miss Cooper to issue directives on my behalf and the law firm to handle other things. [Source: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/diary-of-a-playguy/43624 ]
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Saturn101: 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
Nice update
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by BigBasher: 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Interesting
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by ThrillPlus: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
Cool
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by CasNova: 8:59am On Nov 04, 2021
Interesting story.
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by ThrillPlus: 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
Move on
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by FairCritic(m): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2021
Go on
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by ThrillPlus: 7:04am On Nov 07, 2021
Next please
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Saturn101: 9:15am On Nov 08, 2021
Ride on.
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by BigBasher: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by FairCritic(m): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
ThrillPlus:
Move on
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Ultimas: 5:43am On Dec 01, 2021
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Zamar: 10:23am On Dec 01, 2021
Nice update
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by ThrillPlus: 7:05am On Dec 02, 2021
Nice one.
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Ultimas: 6:56am On Dec 04, 2021
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Ultimas: 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
We literally spent the rest of Tuesday packaging up my entire life and getting ready to ship it across the world, if need be. I signed the necessary documents to allow Miss Cooper to issue directives on my behalf and the law firm to handle many of my other professional needs.

Lunch was ordered in (I really needed to find a way to get out and get to a restaurant or something). We ate while we discussed various issues that I really didn't care about. But eventually, finally, the endof the day came and my unexpected guests left.

WEDNESDAY

The next day my new assistant, Miss Cooper, came to the door at 9am promptly. "Good morning, Mr. Robins."

I hated hearing a pretty girl call me that, especially when she was no older than me. "Please, PLEASE just call me Tade. It allows me to at least pretendthat I'm normal."

"I don't know if that would be appropriate, sir. I am here as part of your staff service. 'Tade' would be rather familiar."

"Oh, come on. Mr. Robins makes me sound like an old man. And besides, who in the endis paying you? At least call me Tade or something."

The cool, professional façade melted for a moment as she blushed. And I now clearly noticed her eyes, which had been a steely grey now fleck into a warmer blue before she schooled her appearance once again. "I can do that... Tade."

"Now your turn. May I call you Helen?" I asked, referring to her first name which I'd learned yesterday.

"Whatever you wish, sir."

"No, not 'sir'. 'Tade', remember?"

"Yes... Tade." Her blush was back. However, she quickly reasserted her professionalism once again. Her blonde hair was pulled tightly into a bun and her business suit, while stylishly feminine, was also quite rigid. We would have to work on that. It would look too weird if she were following me down the street in a business suit while I was in jeans.

"So you're the pro. What are we supposed to do first?"

"Well, first off here is your new phone," she handed me the latest and greatest gizmophone which was still astronomically expensive, complete with my own fancy Bluetooth earpiece. "It's already pre-set to block all calls except from those on your pre-approved list. We'll talk later about whom you want to include on that list."

And then she got up and started her own mini-tour of my apartment. "Next we need to do is organize you for a move. Mr. Rubenstein made it clear that your first priority will be selecting a new residence."

She turned and reached into a briefcase and pulled out yet another thick folder. I could get to hate the sight of folders, but I couldn't help but notice the tight curves of Helen's ass as she bent over.

If she noticed me ogling her, she didn't let on. "I took the liberty of bringing dossiers on several locations, none of them on the general market. Real estate at this level is extremely confidential and extremely exclusive. There's a place on Central Park West that I think will be particularly well suited for you. It's not overly grand, but it will have plenty of space for you and a small staff.

The building is well secured and ownership will provide you with cars and drivers at your leisure." I loved how Helen pronounced that last word as 'leh-zur' instead of 'lee-zhoor'. Her accent was a soft Australian drawl, and the longer I listened to her the more noticeably sexy it became.

The real estate dossiers were quite elegant. Full color, multi-page portfolios with lots of pictures and lots of luxury features like floor to ceiling windows, rooftop access, and absolutely gorgeous bathrooms.

We spent a couple of hours looking over several apartments throughout Manhattan, all in very ritzy areas and all with spectacular views. I could even get a place in the Trump Tower if I really wanted.

We could also branch outside of Manhattan, such as going to the Hamptons. Helen also let me know that I had the option of moving into Tayo Robinson's old place. But the idea of living in the house of a father I never knew quietly creeped me out. I might want to visit it before everything got packed up, but I couldn't live there.

I finally got a break to just zone out in front of the television while Helen made a series of phone calls. We would be house hunting tomorrow. As it turned out, I completely ignored the program I was watching and instead thought about just which big screen High Definition flat screen I wanted to get.

Afterwards, we inventoried everything I owned, mostly to set things up for a move. Much of my furniture would be sold off or otherwise replaced with a brand new interior decoration once I had a new place picked out. A part of me felt sad over my meager possessions and the idea that they would no longer be mine very shortly.

However, this was more than made up by the giddy notion that I was about to embark on a very big shopping spree. True, a professional designer would likely be making many of the artistic decisions, but I was still the one buying a multi-million dollar apartment and all the furnishings.

Diary of a Playboy: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/diary-of-a-playguy/43624
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Hotspotbro(m): 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
JayCynic:

How do you even start a story with these bland lines? Its so cringe
and they trend on fb, It's the explicitness that's bringing the idiot readers...
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Hotspotbro(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
All these John f*cking Mary bullshit stories...
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by FairCritic(m): 8:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nice update
Re: Diary Of A Playboy by Saturn101: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
Nice stuff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is It Difficult To Attract Handsome Men / 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal / My Pre-wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.