Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? (16008 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 8:07am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
while its true that they aren't found only in orphanage, at least they are there and shouldn't be neglected, that is my opinion
Ok. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by advanceDNA: 8:07am On Jul 25, 2021
Hezzyluv:

You win.

Are you ok now?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by advanceDNA: 8:08am On Jul 25, 2021
lilvicky68:

Your own na separate case..
Any person wey argue with you go tire.

The guy is in another universe...everything is a sin to him....he’s the only one serving God correctly and going to heaven

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by lilvicky68(m): 8:14am On Jul 25, 2021
advanceDNA:

The guy is in another universe...everything is a sin to him....he’s the only one serving God correctly and going to heaven
Instead of me arguing with him.. I'd rather look for one bag of beans and start selecting it..
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by desiredhome: 8:15am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
I don't have issue if a pastor is the richest in the church, but u can't be cruising private jets while ur members don't have anything and u give them mantle and anointing oil to pour on their head and claim blessings, at least u should go out and help people like TB Joshua does, not to be giving flyers to people everyday on the street

The fact that the pastors are cruising private jets/live in luxuries from the church money while members are lavishing in poverty is already a crime.......
The people who depend on mantle etc while their pastorprenours are cruising life from their money are bigger fools

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by advanceDNA: 8:24am On Jul 25, 2021
lilvicky68:

Instead of me arguing with him.. I'd rather look for one bag of beans and start selecting it..
Bag of beans got me hard

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by ignis: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2021
Nope
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by abc115: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
NGO's are business organizations. And we are not called by Jesus Christ to support business organizations but to do as Jesus Christ commands . undecided

Jesus Christ demands we each have that direct contact with those who are in need just as He did. I am afraid there is no sitting away off, writing checks to be forwarded to those in need. Recall Jesus Christ suggesting we are to serve others just as He served us? How can we do as Jesus Christ has commanded if our support is done through third party NGO's? undecided.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by felixawe(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2021
Hezzyluv:

I once asked similar question, can I pay my tithe to the church I see struggling financially? and was told I have to pay it to the church where I worship. That, that's where you're getin ur blessings from. You can always Saw seed and render assistance outside your tithe.

Your pastor will tell you NO, that pay where u worship only .

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by stagger: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
Its cool to pay tithes in churches cos the church will use it to enlarge and win more souls for God, but is that enough, should we let the NGO's, widows, needy and orphanage to rot?

Cos Matt.25 Jesus told us the criteria for judgement and its not amount of tithe u pay or people u convert into chritianity, a Muslim that shows unconditional love is eternity worthy than a bittered tribalistic christian that never missed paying his tithe

Tithes belongs to God, not to the needy. You have 90% of your increase to decide what to do for the needy. Don't misplace priorities mister man.

People like you are the greedy Christians who can never bear to give God what belongs to God. The 10% God asked for, you want to give to the needy so you alone can enjoy the 90%. What a heartless, manipulative mindset!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Halle000: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2021
The Founder Of Winners Church Has Replied To The Reason Why He Sacked His Pastor In His Ministries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBWhuX1LzB4
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by smartNerd: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2021
I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I
can adjust my sails to always reach my
destination. -- Jimmy Dean.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900059_arivercuts_jpeg_jpeg728978186a17b270e4509dd90ad61f81
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 8:55am On Jul 25, 2021
stagger:

Tithes belongs to God, not to the needy. You have 90% of your increase to decide what to do for the needy. Don't misplace priorities mister man.

People like you are the greedy Christians who can never bear to give God what belongs to God. The 10% God asked for, you want to give to the needy so you alone can enjoy the 90%. What a heartless, manipulative mindset!
Jesus said, as long as we give to the needy, we have given to God, so shouldn't we give to God?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Hegawi: 8:55am On Jul 25, 2021
smartNerd:
I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I
can adjust my sails to always reach my
destination. -- Jimmy Dean.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900059_arivercuts_jpeg_jpeg728978186a17b270e4509dd90ad61f81

How does this relate?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by AntiChristian: 8:55am On Jul 25, 2021
grin

The battle on tithe is an everlasting one.

There's no real law for it from Jesus and the ones available is either not applicable to this age...

Las las na to chop tithe money in the end.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Dengoh(m): 8:57am On Jul 25, 2021
Tithe is meant to be paid to church not individual, for those that believe in the practice.
If you want to give to the poor give cheerfully, that's Jesus teaching.
Stop confusing people.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by hustla(m): 8:58am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
NGO's are non gov'mental organisations who reach out to people in need, its good to give to them, that's my opinion

NGOs are now filled with hungry scammers

Best to look for a family around you genuinely in need of help, and give them

If we could help those around us in need, Nigeria will be a good place

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Raph82(m): 8:58am On Jul 25, 2021
I knew better the day I found out the truth about tithe payment right from the Bible. First, in the new testament, Jesus Christ did not lay any emphasis on tithe, he preached love and giving. Now in the old testament where the issue of tithe came up, it was made clear on how to pay it. Honestly speaking, no pastor would want u to give out ur tithe to the less privileged, motherless children and widows, they want everything paid to them quoting the book of Malachi. But the truth is, tithe payment should be paid to widows, less privileged, motherless children and ur church. Check out the book of Deuteronomy 26:12. No pastor can fool me over tithe, I know better.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by smartNerd: 9:02am On Jul 25, 2021
Teamwork is the ability to work together
toward a common vision, the ability to direct
individual accomplishments toward
organizational objectives. It is the fuel that
allows common people to attain uncommon
results. -- Andrew Carnegie
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by TheMan3: 9:03am On Jul 25, 2021
Then that is not called tithe. Give arms to the poor and those in need. Pay your tithe to the house of God!!!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Baitullah: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
NGO's are non gov'mental organisations who reach out to people in need, its good to give to them, that's my opinion
I'm a Muslim. But if I may, Ngos especially in Nigeria today are highly corrupt. It is now business for many of it's associates.

I recommend reaching out directly to the needy
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by dapadawee: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
Its cool to pay tithes in churches cos the church will use it to enlarge and win more souls for God, but is that enough, should we let the NGO's, widows, needy and orphanage to rot?

Cos Matt.25 Jesus told us the criteria for judgement and its not amount of tithe u pay or people u convert into chritianity, a Muslim that shows unconditional love is eternity worthy than a bittered tribalistic christian that never missed paying his tithe

We have different types of offering....
And different purpose for giving them....
It's wrong to buy shoe for a man that don't have legs....
If you can't give tithe it will be difficult to give to the needy... Except for the camera though....
Tithe is what you give to the house of God and it have a specific percentage......
Giving to the needy is also necessary those who pays tithe also give to the needy they all have their reward
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. In the New Covenant, tithing which is defined according to the Old Covenant, is a sin. undecided

Jesus Christ warned His followers that they cannot serve Him, the New Covenant, and another master, the Old Covenant as well. So, having one foot in the New Covenant and the other serving the Old Covenant is a direct sin against God who decreed that you should not add or remove from any of His Laws. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not ask His followers to give to businesses, including NGOs. He asked them to instead give to the least of these...where your NGOs are business, the least of these are those who have direct need for that which you have. undecided
There are needy in the church to be considered after your family
Your tithe is for the church any money given to others is a donation which is giving . Also, it's part of Christian works
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by thegoodnews: 9:19am On Jul 25, 2021
Paying your tithe to the Church and assisting the needy are necessary.

Sometimes, the Holy Spirit can direct you to pay your tithe to a different Church or person.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Ekitibiased(m): 9:19am On Jul 25, 2021
if i see someone truly in need, beggar etc. I will take from the tithe. That's my discretion and conviction, I rarely even pay tithes monthly.....I do quarterly etc.

God sees my heart and knows my intentions - Don't interprete words I can ready myself, I am a learned and literate adult so pls leave me alone

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Cnach: 9:22am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
I don't have any problem if u pay ur tithe in church but its also good if we try and show love to people cos God is love, u cannot be buying private jets for ur pastor and never think of giving at least 100m to orphanage, it doesn't sit well with me
Brother be careful o, don't write out of what u think but let it be according to what is written.
To start with, tithe is for urself and ur own prosperity and indirectly the prosperity of the church and in no way a struggle to make heaven. God didn't instruct any one to end it at paying tithe but offer help to people in many ways u can. Ur tithe it just 1/10 of ur personal income, the remaining 9 is still enough to render financial or material help to people bc this help is more basic than tithe. It is a way of propagating the gesture which Jesus offered to the world and believe me it is recorded to be rewarded on ur last day though the reward may even start here on earth.
But for tithe, we were instructed to bring it to the house of God and no place than there. Once u pay outside the church believe me u are helping people and not paying tithe.
Just like u must serve a year in Nigeria and not in any other country for NYSC
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by 18wheeler: 9:22am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:

Exactly what I do.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Peteromi(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2021
The real fact,if you know you believe God and serve him then you should pay tithes
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Divoc19(f): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2021
See the thing now, is our blessings coming from our church or our God?

Hezzyluv:

I once asked similar question, can I pay my tithe to the church I see struggling financially? and was told I have to pay it to the church where I worship. That, that's where you're getin ur blessings from. You can always Saw seed and render assistance outside your tithe.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Cnach: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2021
thegoodnews:
Paying your tithe to the Church and assisting the needy are necessary.

Sometimes, the Holy Spirit can direct you to pay your tithe to a different Church or person.
Tithe is not paid to just anybody but a man of God or to the church
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Franklyspeakin: 9:24am On Jul 25, 2021
Why do Christians pick portions from the old testament when its convenient and talk about a new covenant and new laws when not convenient ??

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by nnadychuks(m): 9:26am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 has your answer. It's the only portion in the bible that tells us how to tithe. The rest just encourages you why to tithe.
It's funny that pastors have forsaken this part of the bible because it doesn't favor them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Open Heavens Devotional / Osun Orisha ~ Learn How To Worship The Goddess / Pastor E.A Adeboye's 2020 Prophecy (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.