Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,661 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? (16029 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2021
Youngzedd:

Deuteronomy 14:22-26

Worlexy pointed this out earlier in here and we have proceeded further on it.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by SpellingBot: 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
lilvicky68:

Your own na separate case..
Any person wey argue with you go tire.
E go weak seriously. I wonder how many people the guy don mislead.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

Thank you.

But remember tithe was never meant to be money. There was money when the law was given and that’s why God said if the place he has chosen is far and u can’t carry the crops and animals there, then change them to money and use the money to buy whatever u want as soon as u get to where God has chosen.

Why did everyone go against God’s law and monetized tithe?

The children of Disobedience must always ensure that every soul breaks God's Laws and have you have seen "tithe was never meant to be money" and I have seen that God hates money!
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by lilvicky68(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2021
SpellingBot:
E go weak seriously. I wonder how many people the guy don mislead.
And he's being consistent on it..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by OHIGGI: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
it is well but we can be enriching the church while the needy are dying of hunger
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by salt1: 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
Youngzedd:

John 8:44
For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8:32
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

John 4:24
For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.

John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.

John 14:6
Yeshua told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Keyword: TRUTH

TITHING DEMYSTIFIED

OLD COVENANT

There are 3 types of tithing.

1) Tithe of the feast: This tithe is for your consumption and you do it every first and second year.
Deuteronomy 14:22-26 explains it all.

2) Levitcal tithe: This tithe is what you give to the Levite (only to the descendants of Jacob’s son Levi) in the third year after you have eaten your tithe in the first and second year.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29, Deuteronomy 26:12 and Numbers 18:21- 25 explains it all.

The strict condition here is that you must be the bloodline of Levi to collect tithe. No body else on earth is qualified to collect this tithe apart from those who have the blood of Jacob's son Levi running through their veins. Any other person who collect this is either a criminal or ignorant.

3) Tithe to the needy: In the third year after you have previously eaten your tithe in the first and second year, you're to give the tithe of the third year to the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows.

Levitcal tithe and tithe to the poor is for the third year, that's to say, you share it between the Levites, foreigners, fatherless and widows. It is only meant for this four set of people.

What about Malachi 3:8-10?

Well, God was talking to the Levites and not the Israelites who bring the tithe. Among the Levites, there's a high priest who enters the holiest of holy. Read from Malachi 2:1 to see that God was talking to the Priests (Levites).

The priests (Levites) were playing smart on the tithe they collect from the Israelites.

THE STORE HOUSE

The Levites (priests) were to take out 10% of the tithe they collect from the Israelites and keep in the store house, Numbers 18:25 - 29 explains it, but they stopped doing it, they started making smart move on it and God was angry with them.

They were misbehaving with the tithes they collected, the book of Nehemiah 13:4 - 13 explains it.

NEW COVENANT

In the new covenant, you as a believer is the church (house of Yahuah/God) not a building (2 Corinthians 5:1, Acts 17:24, Acts 7:48, Matthew 24:1-2 and John 4:21-24) and a priest while Yahushua (Christ) is the high priest (Read Hebrew 7).

Because you as a believer is the church, there's no physical store house or temple, you are now the spiritual temple God dwell in, if you are the temple they use to bring their tithes to, then it's you that will consume the tithe not a Pastor or Priest.

In the entire new testament, there's no place Christ or the believers preached, received or collected tithe. Think for a minute, if the new testament is the Christian manual, why is tithing not there and what does that tell you?

C'mon, tithing and first fruit have no place in Christianity. It is what it is.

Tithing is excepting yourself from the sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

In the new covenant, the law was fulfilled by Christ and we are no longer under the law. After resurrection of Christ, the law became weak and useless as seen in the Hebrew 7:8-19.

Hebrews 7:18-19
18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Galatians 3:19-20
Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator,however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

* Christ is the seed been referred to here.

Colossians 2:17
These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
The 613 laws are shadows until Christ came. Christ fulfilled the law, done and dusted, chapter closed forever. That's why it's now weak and useless.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.
Hebrew 8 vs 13
"By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Romans 7:6
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Galatians 3:10
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

* If you're to obey the laws in the old testament to be right with God, you're to obey ALL the 613 laws otherwise you're under a curse. Tithing to fulfil what's written in the book of law attracts a curse. Stop tithing, you're bringing a curse to yourself.

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Galatians 2:21
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

Hebrews 10:9-10
9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Christ once for all.

He set aside OLD COVENANT found in the old testament to establish the NEW COVENANT found in the new testament.

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
* The letter here is the old covenants (laws) while the spirit is the new covenant. Read the whole chapter for better understanding.

Please brothers and sisters, do yourself a favour and read the whole of 2 Corinthians 3. Verse 14 "But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away." is exactly what is happening in Christianity today. The minds of many were made dull.

Never allow any man born of flesh push you to do the things that are now weak and useless.
If Christ and the early Christians didn't do it, I tell you today, don't do it no matter the pressure.

The new testament scriptures are Christian manual, anything not found there shouldn't be a doctrine.

I still remain the son of the TRUTH.

Published: 26th July 2020

Cc:
Dengoh
TheMan3
Cnach
Batam
solomonsly11
Betboss
phemmyfour
pocohantas
Mystery9
lamentor78
kwasoly
Dreamhighnow
denitro
stankezzy
Goldbw122
Tobechuckwu
Reference
mechanics
DWJOBScom
Hezzyluv
Babinski
salt1
josh0200
BJanta
Diligence30
spinna

All these on top of how other people choose to spend their money!
Don't pay if you don't feel convinced. Don't bother about us tithers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by worlexy(m): 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The children of Disobedience must always ensure that every soul breaks God's Laws
Yes you are right, like the so called men of God have never taught their followers that God commanded them to eat their tithes, change it to money and use it to buy whatever they like and to also use it to help those in need. The children of disobedience, the wolf in sheep clothing have been lying to Christians for years to steal their hard earn money from them. They eat the sheep rather than protect them

and have you have seen "tithe was never meant to be money" and I have seen that God hates money!

A true believer should always show scriptural evidences to back up his claims and not resort into emotional blackmail.

Show us where God commanded that tithes should be paid with money in the scriptures and show us who paid tithes with money in the scriptures.
Shalom
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Youngzedd(m): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The children of Disobedience must always ensure that every soul breaks God's Laws and have you have seen "tithe was never meant to be money" and I have seen that God hates money!

If a woman lie about her virginity, the men are to stone her to death.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21
20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

Do you know that you're unclean for laying your hand or touching (even hand shake) a woman who's on her period? Read Leviticus 15:19-21

Are you aware that you're forbidden to wear cloth made of more than one material? Are you aware that you're forbidden to plant more than one kind of seed in a field? Read Leviticus 19 vs 19
Are you aware that you're not suppose to eat fat? Read Leviticus 3:17

Do you know that your stubborn and rebellious son should be stone to death? Read Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Do not eat catfish, shrimp, etc Leviticus 11:9-12

Do not shave your beard Leviticus 19:27

Use your head and think for a minute. Ask yourself, If I am to practice the laws, why am I not been taught about so many others and made to practice them?

If I decide to pull the laws, you will stop believing so many things. You will have a serious rethink about your belief. God saw that humans are under a bondage of the law, He sent his son to save us and made the law obsolete as written in the book of Hebrew 8 vs 13. Why do you still go back to the same bondage you were lifted from? � �

Galatians 5:1,4
[1]So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.
[4]For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.

Christianity is FREEDOM from the curse of the law. Now you know ☺.

Here, this single verse said it all about the law.

Galatians 5 vs 14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Many of you that claim to be Christians are under a curse without knowing it.

Lets read Galatians 3 vs 10

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

If you're to practice a single law, you MUST practice everything there otherwise you're under a curse. The scripture said EVERYTHING not some things that suits you.
Is it that you don't read the bible or you lack understanding? � �

Is it not hypocrisy and devilish for someone to choose a single law in the old testament and force the people to practice it? �

If we are to practice the laws in the old testament, we are to practice ALL without leaving any UNTOUCH. Ranging from burning of animals, killing your first born son and animals as first fruits. Not eating pork etc.

Why should a so called Christian go to the old testament which is now obsolete and pick up a single law and force it down to the congregation because of their selfish interest. To make it worst, the congregations don't have the mind of their own. They have been brainwashed and conditioned on how to think. They fear their leaders, they are now slaves without knowing it.

They will tell you don't do this, do that without you asking questions, are you a zombie? � �

Christianity is a lifestyle, you're not suppose to practice the laws in the old testament. You're forbidden to practice them. You're a Christian not a Jew (Judaism).

About 99% of the laws in the old testament, you don't keep. Why do you allow them to brainwash you to practice about 1% or less?

If we aren't suppose to practice the law, why was it given in the first place?

Galatians 3 vs 19 - 20
Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator,however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

I am closing with Galatians 3:13-14

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen. - Galatians 6 vs 18
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Awesome01(m): 6:19pm On Jul 25, 2021
stagger:

Tithes belongs to God, not to the needy. You have 90% of your increase to decide what to do for the needy. Don't misplace priorities mister man.

People like you are the greedy Christians who can never bear to give God what belongs to God. The 10% God asked for, you want to give to the needy so you alone can enjoy the 90%. What a heartless, manipulative mindset!

And where is GOD, so I can give him tithe myself. If you tell me to give it to any man representing him. Then, it's a scam. So I will rather give it to any human I feel should have it.

And since the Bible says I should help the needy, I'll rather give it directly to them than use spoon to throw water in a sea. Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Youngzedd(m): 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
salt1:

All these on top of how other people choose to spend their money!
Don't pay if you don't feel convinced. Don't bother about us tithers.

I broke down tithing for you with full scriptural backing.

None of your GOs can debunk that. It's the pure TRUTH about tithing, sadly they won't tell you that because there's no truth in them.

2 Timothy 4:2-4
2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Revelation 22:15
Outside the city are the dogs—the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie.

Matthew 6:23
But when your eye is unhealthy, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by noble2faith(m): 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
God bless the op. Could you believe I once asked a pastor this same question three years ago? But the reply I got was not appealing at all. He said tithe is God's money and should be given to God only. I quoted the same passage in the Bible the op quoted but he stylishly dodged it, insisting on it's God's money and should be given to God. I just called it off cos I didn't want him to view me as someone challenging him or questioning his spirituality but I knew the truth deep within me.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by dapadawee: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

Go and read Deuteronomy 14:22-29

22 “You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, cand the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect fthe Levite who is within your towns, for ghe has no portion or inheritance with you.
28 At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.

And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation. Neither must the children of Israel henceforth come nigh the tabernacle of the congregation, lest they bear sin, and die. But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance. But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the Lord , I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the Lord , even a tenth part of the tithe.
Numbers 18:21‭-‬26 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/num.18.21-26.KJV
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by PROPEACE: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
God bless the OP.
It is not the type of post some people will like. They do try to make it seem wrong even though I know God has no problem with that.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

Go and read Deuteronomy 14:22-29

22 “You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, cand the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect fthe Levite who is within your towns, for ghe has no portion or inheritance with you.
28 At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.

All this na waste or time! Read Deuteronomy 30 vs 18 - 20 and you realize that God Himself did not include you , a Gentile, as a beneficiary of His Old Covenant Law which is instead an agreement between God and those with the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins, of which you are not. undecided.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
dapadawee:
And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation. Neither must the children of Israel henceforth come nigh the tabernacle of the congregation, lest they bear sin, and die. But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance. But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the Lord , I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the Lord , even a tenth part of the tithe.
Numbers 18:21‭-‬26 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/num.18.21-26.KJV
All this na waste or time! Read Deuteronomy 30 vs 18 - 20 and you realize that God Himself did not include you , a Gentile, as a beneficiary of His Old Covenant Law which is instead an agreement between God and those with the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins, of which you are not. undecided.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by worlexy(m): 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ok
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Settright(m): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
Is very clear from the scripture the tithe is meant to be pay to a church of your choice so far it a church rooted in Christ. You can take a look at Malachi 3:10
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Settright(m): 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2021
And talking of less privileged and orphanage house you can decide within your self to give to them monthly that will be basically your decision or if you are lead by the holy spirit
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

A true believer should always show scriptural evidences to back up his claims and not resort into emotional blackmail.

A true believer of God, knows Gods Words and does not require citations.

worlexy:

Show us where God commanded that tithes should be paid with money in the scriptures and show us who paid tithes with money in the scriptures.
Shalom

Where you not the one who said here
worlexy:

Thank you.

But remember tithe was never meant to be money.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2021
Youngzedd:

If a woman lie about her virginity, the men are to stone her to death.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21
20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

Do you know that you're unclean for laying your hand or touching (even hand shake) a woman who's on her period? Read Leviticus 15:19-21

Are you aware that you're forbidden to wear cloth made of more than one material? Are you aware that you're forbidden to plant more than one kind of seed in a field? Read Leviticus 19 vs 19
Are you aware that you're not suppose to eat fat? Read Leviticus 3:17

Do you know that your stubborn and rebellious son should be stone to death? Read Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Do not eat catfish, shrimp, etc Leviticus 11:9-12

Do not shave your beard Leviticus 19:27

Use your head and think for a minute. Ask yourself, If I am to practice the laws, why am I not been taught about so many others and made to practice them?

If I decide to pull the laws, you will stop believing so many things. You will have a serious rethink about your belief. God saw that humans are under a bondage of the law, He sent his son to save us and made the law obsolete as written in the book of Hebrew 8 vs 13. Why do you still go back to the same bondage you were lifted from? � �

Galatians 5:1,4
[1]So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.
[4]For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.

Christianity is FREEDOM from the curse of the law. Now you know ☺.

Here, this single verse said it all about the law.

Galatians 5 vs 14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Many of you that claim to be Christians are under a curse without knowing it.

Lets read Galatians 3 vs 10

If you're to practice a single law, you MUST practice everything there otherwise you're under a curse. The scripture said EVERYTHING not some things that suits you.
Is it that you don't read the bible or you lack understanding? � �

Is it not hypocrisy and devilish for someone to choose a single law in the old testament and force the people to practice it? �

If we are to practice the laws in the old testament, we are to practice ALL without leaving any UNTOUCH. Ranging from burning of animals, killing your first born son and animals as first fruits. Not eating pork etc.

Why should a so called Christian go to the old testament which is now obsolete and pick up a single law and force it down to the congregation because of their selfish interest. To make it worst, the congregations don't have the mind of their own. They have been brainwashed and conditioned on how to think. They fear their leaders, they are now slaves without knowing it.

They will tell you don't do this, do that without you asking questions, are you a zombie? � �

Christianity is a lifestyle, you're not suppose to practice the laws in the old testament. You're forbidden to practice them. You're a Christian not a Jew (Judaism).

About 99% of the laws in the old testament, you don't keep. Why do you allow them to brainwash you to practice about 1% or less?

If we aren't suppose to practice the law, why was it given in the first place?

Galatians 3 vs 19 - 20

I am closing with Galatians 3:13-14

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen. - Galatians 6 vs 18

This is a case of to each his own. You can choose to disregard and discard The Very Words Which Proceedeth out of the Mouth of God but I choose to Uphold and Keep it as I have always done to the best of my ability and it has been very well and excellent with me EXACTLY AS THE BIBLE SAID!
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by fkj950ax(m): 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
Its cool to pay tithes in churches

Tithe is 10% of income to be given to God at the place you worship.
Anything outside is not tithe.
If you take 10% of your income and give to the needy, it is not tithe. It can be called offering or giving benevolently.
If a church decides to misappropriate any form of giving it receives from its members, you can leave the church for another. There is no law or rule in the Bible that you must remain there.
Find another church that has programs that meets the needs of the needy, join them and pay your tithe there.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by dapadawee: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Galatians 3:14 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/gal.3.14.KJV
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by fkj950ax(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

A true believer should always show scriptural evidences to back up his claims

This is not in the Bible. Let's stop creating fences for true believers to keep jumping.
And constant demand to quote bible verse is a form of blackmail too.
It is good to be well versed in scripture, but using it as 'evidence' is somehow sha
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
dapadawee:

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Galatians 3:14 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/gal.3.14.KJV
Genesis 22 vs 18 is the blessing that came to the Gentiles through Abraham. undecided

As God Himself declared in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - , the Old Covenant Law has nothing to do with the Gentiles - never has and never will. God will not give to the dogs that which belongs to His people, just as Jesus Christ said. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by advanceDNA: 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

You’re very right and the one that surprised me is that tithes isn’t even supposed to be paid as money but they’ve lied to Christians today that tithe is money.

There was money when that law on tithe was made, yet God never said people should pay tithe with money

U sound like those that will literally turn the other cheek when someone hit you...shebi Jesus said so..
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by worlexy(m): 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2021
advanceDNA:

U sound like those that will literally turn the other cheek when someone hit you...shebi Jesus said so..
Jesus spoke many times in parables, some of those things were figurative like removing your eyes if it makes you sin
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by dapadawee: 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Genesis 22 vs 18 is the blessing that came to the Gentiles through Abraham. undecided

As God Himself declared in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - , the Old Covenant Law has nothing to do with the Gentiles - never has and never will. God will not give to the dogs that which belongs to His people, just as Jesus Christ said. undecided
I stop arguing when a man have no point all this while u were with points but now u are out of points
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

Jesus spoke many times in parables, some of those things were figurative [b]like removing your eyes if it makes you si[/b]n
I dont believe that part was meant as a figure of speech at all. lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by advanceDNA: 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

Jesus spoke many times in parables, some of those things were figurative like removing your eyes if it makes you sin

So, where did the Israelites get the money they were spending in the wilderness and when they arrived at the promised land...?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Youngzedd(m): 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2021
dapadawee:

I stop arguing when a man have no point all this while u were with points but now u are out of points

He is right, the law were given to the Jews only. That's jews under Judaism.

Are you a jew?

C'mon, you're a Gentile and you have absolutely no business with the laws.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by anambraamaka: 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
Yes
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by worlexy(m): 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
advanceDNA:

So, where did the Israelites get the money they were spending in the wilderness and when they arrived at the promised land...?
Which money did they spend?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osun Orisha ~ Learn How To Worship The Goddess / Pastor Ebelenna Chukwu Claims To 'Turn Water To Wine' (video) / Pentecostal Holiness Church Collapses In South Africa, Kills 13 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.