Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,147 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? (16013 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by leofab(f): 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hezzyluv:

I once asked similar question, can I pay my tithe to the church I see struggling financially? and was told I have to pay it to the church where I worship. That, that's where you're getin ur blessings from. You can always Saw seed and render assistance outside your tithe.
so blessings isn’t from God but from the church…
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by HBB1(m): 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hezzyluv:

I once asked similar question, can I pay my tithe to the church I see struggling financially? and was told I have to pay it to the church where I worship. That, that's where you're getin ur blessings from. You can always Saw seed and render assistance outside your tithe.

Isn't the Church supposed to be 'one body' of Christ?

Dey don scam you!
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Reference(m): 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
They won't Tithe. They are waiting for God to come down and pay the security man and drivers and pay PHCN bills and service the musical instrument and pay government levies...

Then what does God bless you for if you cannot care for His church. If the government of the Almighty is not your responsibility then whose then, Caesar's?.

When the Federal Government of Nigeria comes for their taxes we should all refuse and tell them we rather donate it to the poor aferall is poverty alleviation not government responsibility.

Then let us sit back and see how Nigeria will be run as independent from her creditors.

Anyone who does not tithe and generates a critical mass of followers within his church will see the church fold up in time. That is a given. No doubt. The world is burning like an oven and will become worse. Only those prepared to do what is right will survive.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Hezzyluv: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
DWJOBScom:

Well i usually distribute it among the young growing churches as well as my current church a least let there be food in the house of the Lord.
The reason i never miss paying my tithe to God was when I was stranded with a bad car and a scared driver so we trekked to a nearby church for help and the Priest not only took care of us but gave us money and said they were used to it - people coming everyday for aims.
Pay your tithe people and as well help people around you.
You nailed it
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Babinski: 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
There is nothing wrong in giving to ur pastors and there is nothing wrong in not giving to them, but everything is wrong when u don't show love to those who needs it.

Christianity isn't about religion, its a way of life.
U can be in other religions and still practice christianity

Some people are busy preaching humanism and yet cloak it as Christianity. I concur with most of your statements but that last one on being in other religions while practicing Christianity is wrong. Religion is a system of belief and belief impacts on living and actions. So you cannot really remain a Christian within another religion for long.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by leofab(f): 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
stagger:

Tithes belongs to God, not to the needy. You have 90% of your increase to decide what to do for the needy. Don't misplace priorities mister man.

People like you are the greedy Christians who can never bear to give God what belongs to God. The 10% God asked for, you want to give to the needy so you alone can enjoy the 90%. What a heartless, manipulative mindset!
you ignorance knows no bound.. You think God is a beggar?

Deuteronomy 26:12
When you have finished setting aside a tenth(A) of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe,(B) you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by leofab(f): 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
TheMan3:
Then that is not called tithe. Give arms to the poor and those in need. Pay your tithe to the house of God!!!!
God doesn’t have an account number..

When you have finished setting aside a tenth(A) of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe,(B) you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by leofab(f): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
Cnach:

Brother be careful o, don't write out of what u think but let it be according to what is written.
To start with, tithe is for urself and ur own prosperity and indirectly the prosperity of the church and in no way a struggle to make heaven. God didn't instruct any one to end it at paying tithe but offer help to people in many ways u can. Ur tithe it just 1/10 of ur personal income, the remaining 9 is still enough to render financial or material help to people bc this help is more basic than tithe. It is a way of propagating the gesture which Jesus offered to the world and believe me it is recorded to be rewarded on ur last day though the reward may even start here on earth.
But for tithe, we were instructed to bring it to the house of God and no place than there. Once u pay outside the church believe me u are helping people and not paying tithe.
Just like u must serve a year in Nigeria and not in any other country for NYSC

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by phemmyfour: 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

The emboldened is not true. Don’t lie against God, don’t say what he didn’t say:

Go and read Deuteronomy 14:22-29

22 “You shall tithe all the yield of your seed that comes from the field year by year. 23 And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, cand the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, when the Lord your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the Lord your God chooses, to set his name there, 25 then you shall turn it into money and bind up the money in your hand and go to the place that the Lord your God chooses 26 and spend the money for whatever you desire—oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household. 27 And you shall not neglect fthe Levite who is within your towns, for ghe has no portion or inheritance with you.
28 At the end of every three years you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in the same year and lay it up within your towns. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.

Inadequate knowledge

There were three different tithes, each with a different definition, different purpose, and with different instructions.

Leviticus 27:30-33, Numbers 18: The First Tithe - a tenth of crops and animals and commanded to take the tithe to the Levites. This one is sometimes called The Lord's Tithe. It is the ONLY one of the three tithes that God claimed was His. This was a yearly tithe.

Deuteronomy 14:22-27: The Second Tithe aka The Festival Tithe - a tenth of crops, plus add to that the firstborn animals, and take for the yearly feast.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29: The Third Tithe aka The Three-Year Tithe aka The Poor Tithe - a tenth of crops, kept at home, and invite the Levites, widows, orphans, stranger to EAT

You only gave scriptures that support the third type of Tithe as if first and second type doesn't exist. Half knowledge will only make you look like a folly
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

You didn’t give us the full scripture, I gave you the full one in Deuteronomy 14:22-29 u saw it and acted as if you didn’t.

Did I not acknowledge it and only raised up that in that very statement was another Commandment that you need to comply with?

worlexy:

You saw that God said you can eat your tithe, use it to help people and that tithe is not money but u acted as if you didn’t see it instead u dwelt on the fact that tithe should be paid where God has chosen.

This is not in issue and I was not contesting it, but I know that with God every detail and instruction is relevant hence why I pointed out that there was another instruction in there which I see people do not have in mind. That's all.

worlexy:

I asked u to tel me where God has chosen, instead of you to give a scriptural reference you started saying a different thing then I asked you to tell me where God as chosen for you where u pay your tithe as commanded by God in Deuteronomy but u didn’t answer.

I refrained from answering you because you are supposed to know what I know seeing you knew enough to raise this scripture, therefore, I can presume that you are a Christian.

For ye ought to have known that it is Written "The LORD IS NEAR to all who call on Him, to All who call out to Him in truth. Psalm 145:18.

God INHABITS the Praises of His People” Psalm 22:3

And many other pointers!

worlexy:

Tell us where we pay your tithe as commanded by God let’s come and learn from you since you’re the only one that you know where God has chosen for tithes to be paid

grin This is a very very long answer but the quickest answer is that I have always held on to the Word of God consistently, even though I processed through Methodist, Catholic RCCG, then Catholic
again and now I do not go to any church.

But, I saw that God accepted my tithes being paid in there.

I also once gave out my tithe to the poor but I immediately knew that it was for it was no longer well with me and I knew that it was because of the tithe which was the only wrong I knew I had done.

Therefore, I knew also because when I returned, my usual wellness immediately returned and I have not waivered ever since.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by worlexy(m): 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
phemmyfour:
Inadequate knowledge

There were three different tithes, each with a different definition, different purpose, and with different instructions.

Leviticus 27:30-33, Numbers 18: The First Tithe - a tenth of crops and animals and commanded to take the tithe to the Levites. This one is sometimes called The Lord's Tithe. It is the ONLY one of the three tithes that God claimed was His. This was a yearly tithe.
I’m happy that you mentioned Levictus 27:30-33

30 “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord. 31 If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. 32 And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman’s staff, shall be holy to the Lord. 33 One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”

Where was money mentioned here?

Where were non farmers or herders asked to pay tithes here?

Deuteronomy 14:22-27: The Second Tithe aka The Festival Tithe - a tenth of crops, plus add to that the firstborn animals, and take for the yearly feast.

Crops and animals again.

So if y accept that tithes can be paid as feasts, why are your pastors not following that law today ?

Why are they not saying that we should come and feast with our tithes?

Deuteronomy 14:28-29: The Third Tithe aka The Three-Year Tithe aka The Poor Tithe - a tenth of crops, kept at home, and invite the Levites, widows, orphans, stranger to EAT
So why are your pastors not teaching you this type of tithe? Why do they tell you that you can’t help people from the tithe, that u should help from the remaining 90%

You only gave scriptures that support the third type of Tithe as if first and second type doesn't exist. Half knowledge will only make you look like a folly

No I didn’t. Deuteronomy 14 talked about the 3

Verse 23says you can eat your tithe

Verse 27 says you can give the Levites from it

Verse 29 says u can help the needy with it

Shalom
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by worlexy(m): 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Did I not acknowledge it and only raised up that in that very statement was another Commandment that you need to comply with?

This is not in issue and I was not contesting it, but I know that with God every detail and instruction is relevant hence why I pointed out that there was another instruction in there which I see people do not have in mind. That's all.

I refrained from answering you because you are supposed to know what I know seeing you knew enough to raise this scripture, therefore, I can presume that you are a Christian.

For ye ought to have known that it is Written "The LORD IS NEAR to all who call on Him, to All who call out to Him in truth. Psalm 145:18.

God INHABITS the Praises of His People” Psalm 22:3

And many other pointers!

grin This is a very very long answer but the quickest answer is that I have always held on to the Word of God consistently, even though I processed through Methodist, Catholic RCCG, then Catholic
again and now I do not go to any church.

But, I saw that God accepted my tithes being paid in there.

I also once gave out my tithe to the poor but I immediately knew that it was for it was no longer well with me and I knew that it was because of the tithe which was the only wrong I knew I had done.

Therefore, I knew also because when I returned, my usual wellness immediately returned and I have not waivered ever since.

Thank you.

But remember tithe was never meant to be money. There was money when the law was given and that’s why God said if the place he has chosen is far and u can’t carry the crops and animals there, then change them to money and use the money to buy whatever u want as soon as u get to where God has chosen.

Why did everyone go against God’s law and monetized tithe?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by salt1: 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
OK, why do we allow the orphanage to rot? Or ate they also business organisations?
I am not against paying tithe, but as chritians, should we just neglect the orphanages?

Tithe is just 10%. Malachi 3:10 KJV
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house shows where it should be paid.

You still have 90% to give to whatever cause you believe in.

Incidentally, those that pay tithes are also the greatest givers to the blind, the orphans and the needy.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by salt1: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:

I’m happy that you mentioned Levictus 27:30-33

30 “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord. 31 If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. 32 And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman’s staff, shall be holy to the Lord. 33 One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”

Where was money mentioned here?

Where were non farmers or herders asked to pay tithes here?

Crops and animals again.

So if y accept that tithes can be paid as feasts, why are your pastors not following that law today ?

Why are they not saying that we should come and feast with our tithes?

So why are your pastors not teaching you this type of tithe? Why do they tell you that you can’t help people from the tithe, that u should help from the remaining 90%

No I didn’t. Deuteronomy 14 talked about the 3

Verse 23says you can eat your tithe

Verse 27 says you can give the Levites from it

Verse 29 says u can help the needy with it

Shalom

If the Church organizes the sharing to the less privileged as it was done in the early Church, doesn't it cover that? Must the giving be done at individual level for it to be valid?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by josh0200(m): 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
Its cool to pay tithes in churches cos the church will use it to enlarge and win more souls for God, but is that enough, should we let the NGO's, widows, needy and orphanage to rot?

Cos Matt.25 Jesus told us the criteria for judgement and its not amount of tithe u pay or people u convert into chritianity, a Muslim that shows unconditional love is eternity worthy than a bittered tribalistic christian that never missed paying his tithe

please be properly guided, tithe is not to help the poor.
Helping the poor is called aims.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by worlexy(m): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
salt1:

If the Church organizes the sharing to the less privileged as it was done in the early Church, doesn't it cover that? Must the giving be done at individual level for it to be valid?
What the early church shared was not tithes
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by BJanta: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
Its cool to pay tithes in churches cos the church will use it to enlarge and win more souls for God, but is that enough, should we let the NGO's, widows, needy and orphanage to rot?

Cos Matt.25 Jesus told us the criteria for judgement and its not amount of tithe u pay or people u convert into chritianity, a Muslim that shows unconditional love is eternity worthy than a bittered tribalistic christian that never missed paying his tithe

All these scriptures you have quoted are taking about giving and not paying. You pay your tithe to the Household of GOD and give to the needy. Paying your doesn't release you from other givings. It's your tithe that makes your other givings acceptable before GOD. 'Bring your tithes offerings to My House..' Mal3:3:12.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by JeryUmus: 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
Jesus said any assistance given to the needy is given to him not tithe. In this dispensation tithe is a form of thanks offering giving out of willingness for God's mercy and goodness. In Numbers 18.20-21 only the Levites are qualify to collect tithe hence in 2nd Cor.9.6-14.{...every man according as he purposeth in his heart,so let him give,not grudgingly,or of necessity,for God loveth a cheerful giver...}.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by 1Sharon(f): 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2021
stagger:

Tithes belongs to God, not to the needy. You have 90% of your increase to decide what to do for the needy. Don't misplace priorities mister man.

People like you are the greedy Christians who can never bear to give God what belongs to God. The 10% God asked for, you want to give to the needy so you alone can enjoy the 90%. What a heartless, manipulative mindset!

is this sarcasm? Tell me it is?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by jamesjohn2010: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
God's temple is you and I.

In the old testament, people look at building.
The church is you and I and not any edifice towering to sky.

Bible says he that giveth to the poor giveth to God.

The phrase is Give and you shall receive. Wether you give tithe, offering, your efforts or material things.

You can give in the church or outside the church.

We should stop being legalistic. Thanks.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Tobechuckwu(m): 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
Gambit23:

Read the scriptures I uploaded first, read it slowly with intent to understand....Or didnt u see where they wrote that you SHOULD BPAY UR TITHE TO LEVITES, ORPHANS, FATHERLESS, ANS POOR PEOPLE?

I've read d scriptures.

Malachi 3 had to make d correction bcuz Levites work in d house of God nd now we have churches for d Gentiles.
Tithing is still valid forever for the house of God.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Diligence30(m): 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2021
We shouldn't argue over what God initiated. There is no where in the bible God commanded we should give tithe to widows or orphanage. Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek the high priest. Subsequent commandment says, take your tithe to my house.
Giving to widows and orphanages is an additional responsibility commanded by God to man not at the expense of tithes.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by spinna: 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
God has various accounts in heaven ..tithe.. kingdom giving.. giving to the needy. But Gid called the tithe his own.. and he said it should be brought to his house.

So pay your tithe and then give to the poor.. with good cheer
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Gambit23: 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

I've read d scriptures.

Malachi 3 had to make d correction bcuz Levites work in d house of God nd now we have churches for d Gentiles.
Tithing is still valid forever for the house of God.

Are u blind or are u having mental seizures? grin

Go and find out the meaning of malachi before u argue about it.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Youngzedd(m): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Deuteronomy 12:11 is The Law.

then it shall come about that THE PLACE in which the Lord your God will choose for His name to dwell, there you shall bring all that I command you: your burnt offerings and your sacrifices, YOUR TITHES AND THE CONTRIBUTION OF YOUR HAND, and all your choice votive

It is about The Holy Place Where God resides. even if his preists are as Eli and Samuel's children.

Deuteronomy 14:22-26
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Tobechuckwu(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
Gambit23:

Are u blind or are u having mental seizures? grin

Go and find out the meaning of malachi before u argue about it.

At this point, I think it's better I let it slide.
Anything that leads to insult isn't worth it, I thought I was talking to a Christian.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Youngzedd(m): 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
stagger:

John 8:44
For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8:32
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

John 4:24
For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.

John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.

John 14:6
Yeshua told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Keyword: TRUTH

TITHING DEMYSTIFIED

OLD COVENANT

There are 3 types of tithing.

1) Tithe of the feast: This tithe is for your consumption and you do it every first and second year.
Deuteronomy 14:22-26 explains it all.

2) Levitcal tithe: This tithe is what you give to the Levite (only to the descendants of Jacob’s son Levi) in the third year after you have eaten your tithe in the first and second year.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29, Deuteronomy 26:12 and Numbers 18:21- 25 explains it all.

The strict condition here is that you must be the bloodline of Levi to collect tithe. No body else on earth is qualified to collect this tithe apart from those who have the blood of Jacob's son Levi running through their veins. Any other person who collect this is either a criminal or ignorant.

3) Tithe to the needy: In the third year after you have previously eaten your tithe in the first and second year, you're to give the tithe of the third year to the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows.

Levitcal tithe and tithe to the poor is for the third year, that's to say, you share it between the Levites, foreigners, fatherless and widows. It is only meant for this four set of people.

What about Malachi 3:8-10?

Well, God was talking to the Levites and not the Israelites who bring the tithe. Among the Levites, there's a high priest who enters the holiest of holy. Read from Malachi 2:1 to see that God was talking to the Priests (Levites).

The priests (Levites) were playing smart on the tithe they collect from the Israelites.

THE STORE HOUSE

The Levites (priests) were to take out 10% of the tithe they collect from the Israelites and keep in the store house, Numbers 18:25 - 29 explains it, but they stopped doing it, they started making smart move on it and God was angry with them.

They were misbehaving with the tithes they collected, the book of Nehemiah 13:4 - 13 explains it.

NEW COVENANT

In the new covenant, you as a believer is the church (house of Yahuah/God) not a building (2 Corinthians 5:1, Acts 17:24, Acts 7:48, Matthew 24:1-2 and John 4:21-24) and a priest while Yahushua (Christ) is the high priest (Read Hebrew 7).

Because you as a believer is the church, there's no physical store house or temple, you are now the spiritual temple God dwell in, if you are the temple they use to bring their tithes to, then it's you that will consume the tithe not a Pastor or Priest.

In the entire new testament, there's no place Christ or the believers preached, received or collected tithe. Think for a minute, if the new testament is the Christian manual, why is tithing not there and what does that tell you?

C'mon, tithing and first fruit have no place in Christianity. It is what it is.

Tithing is excepting yourself from the sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

In the new covenant, the law was fulfilled by Christ and we are no longer under the law. After resurrection of Christ, the law became weak and useless as seen in the Hebrew 7:8-19.

Hebrews 7:18-19
18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Galatians 3:19-20
Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator,however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

* Christ is the seed been referred to here.

Colossians 2:17
These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
The 613 laws are shadows until Christ came. Christ fulfilled the law, done and dusted, chapter closed forever. That's why it's now weak and useless.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.
Hebrew 8 vs 13
"By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Romans 7:6
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Galatians 3:10
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

* If you're to obey the laws in the old testament to be right with God, you're to obey ALL the 613 laws otherwise you're under a curse. Tithing to fulfil what's written in the book of law attracts a curse. Stop tithing, you're bringing a curse to yourself.

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Galatians 2:21
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

Galatians 5:1,4
[1]So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.
[4]For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.

Hebrews 10:9-10
9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Christ once for all.

He set aside OLD COVENANT found in the old testament to establish the NEW COVENANT found in the new testament.

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
* The letter here is the old covenants (laws) while the spirit is the new covenant. Read the whole chapter for better understanding.

Please brothers and sisters, do yourself a favour and read the whole of 2 Corinthians 3. Verse 14 "But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away." is exactly what is happening in Christianity today. The minds of many were made dull.

Never allow any man born of flesh push you to do the things that are now weak and useless.
If Christ and the early Christians didn't do it, I tell you today, don't do it no matter the pressure.

The new testament scriptures are Christian manual, anything not found there shouldn't be a doctrine.

I still remain the son of the TRUTH.

Published: 26th July 2020

Cc:
Dengoh
TheMan3
Cnach
Batam
solomonsly11
Betboss
phemmyfour
pocohantas
Mystery9
lamentor78
kwasoly
Dreamhighnow
denitro
stankezzy
Goldbw122
Tobechuckwu
Reference
mechanics
DWJOBScom
Hezzyluv
Babinski
salt1
josh0200
BJanta
Diligence30
spinna
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

U don't know what u talking about by saying tithe is a sin in d new covenant.
Jesus said he didn't come to condemned d old covenant.
Are you saying God the father that gave them d commandments of tithing, then His son Jesus will come nd make d words of His father a sin.
I don't know which pastor teaches u all this nonsense about the word of God.

God is not a man that he should lie... It's impossible for God to lie.

Are you saying Jesus Christ is calling God is liar?

U are totally ignorance of the word of God
Again....1. In the New Covenant, tithing which is defined according to the Old Covenant, is a sin. undecided

Jesus Christ warned His followers that they cannot serve Him, the New Covenant, and another master, the Old Covenant as well. So, having one foot in the New Covenant and the other serving the Old Covenant is a direct sin against God who decreed that you should not add or remove from any of His Laws. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not ask His followers to give to businesses, including NGOs. He asked them to instead give to the least of these...where your NGOs are business, the least of these are those who have direct need for that which you have. lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Youngzedd(m): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

U don't know what u talking about by saying tithe is a sin in d new covenant.
Jesus said he didn't come to condemned d old covenant.
Are you saying God the father that gave them d commandments of tithing, then His son Jesus will come nd make d words of His father a sin.
I don't know which pastor teaches u all this nonsense about the word of God.

God is not a man that he should lie... It's impossible for God to lie.

Are you saying Jesus Christ is calling God is liar?

U are totally ignorance of the word of God

Explain the below verses.

Galatians 3:10
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Galatians 5:1,4
[1]So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.
[4]For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.

Galatians 2:21
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
FirmTR:

In regards to your comments
Lets take the prison for instance, The Lord commands us to care for the prisoners.

Now, if you go to any of the prisons to show love and care, you can't just reach out to the prisoners directly, there's an authority that you must pass through.

I believe that is what rishmond500 is talking about..
Jesus Christ was specific about what you should do in the case of prisoners... He said you should visit them, not show love and care. undecided

You can visit a prisoner who is in prison, can you not? The authorities in prisons allow for visits, do they not. undecided

It is best to do exactly as Jesus Christ has commanded rather than seeking ways to outsmart God in the things of God. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Gambit23: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

At this point, I think it's better I let it slide.
Anything that leads to insult isn't worth it, I thought I was talking to a Christian.

I'm not a Christian I cant be worshipping european white Gods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Open Heavens Devotional / Pastor E.A Adeboye's 2020 Prophecy (video) / Where Are All The Real Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.