Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,582 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? (16025 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by kayuseful: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2021
Dear OP,
You're quoting a parable. Parables are stories meant to illustrate a concept, and must not be applied without understanding and full interpretation.

That said,
Jesus expressly stated,
He that believes and is baptised shall be saved, he that believes not shall be damned
He that believes not shall be damned. Give all you like, as long as you don't believe in Jesus, you're already condemned.

1Co 13:3 ASV And if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing.

Charity is a waste of time and effort without the heart being born again

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 9:30am On Jul 25, 2021
Batam:

There are needy in the church to be considered after your family
Your tithe is for the church any money given to others is a donation which is giving . Also, it's part of Christian works

1. In the New Covenant, tithing which is defined according to the Old Covenant, is a sin. undecided

Jesus Christ warned His followers that they cannot serve Him, the New Covenant, and another master, the Old Covenant as well. So, having one foot in the New Covenant and the other serving the Old Covenant is a direct sin against God who decreed that you should not add or remove from any of His Laws. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not ask His followers to give to businesses, including NGOs. He asked them to instead give to the least of these...where your NGOs are business, the least of these are those who have direct need for that which you have. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by efficiencie(m): 9:31am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
Its cool to pay tithes in churches cos the church will use it to enlarge and win more souls for God, but is that enough, should we let the NGO's, widows, needy and orphanage to rot?

Cos Matt.25 Jesus told us the criteria for judgement and its not amount of tithe u pay or people u convert into chritianity, a Muslim that shows unconditional love is eternity worthy than a bittered tribalistic christian that never missed paying his tithe

Have you considered paying tax to the church? It is up to GOD to decide who HE will let into Heaven but HE has also provided several criteria for getting into Heaven. Jesus Himself said: He that believes and is baptized shall be saved, but he that does not believe shall not be saved (Mark 16:16). Jesus Himself told His disciples to be witnesses of Jesus unto the uttermost part of the earth (Act 1:8 ). GOD anticipated naysayers like you and HE inspired Paul to write 1 Corinthians 9:13-14:

Surely you know that the men who work in the Temple get their food from the Temple and that those who offer the sacrifices on the altar get a share of the sacrifices. In the same way, the Lord has ordered that those who preach the gospel should get their living from it. GNB Version

Yes, we are to give to the poor. There is a reward for such behavior but this does not render null and void the timeless word of the LORD concerning giving to the hospitality of the ministers of GOD who have no other means of livelihood other than the very gospel they preach. Does this mean there are no fake ministers like Diotrephes, Judas Iscariot, Korah, Dathan, Abiram, Gehazi, Demas, Nicholas and other ministers whose belly is their god? No, there are fake ministers but we must not destroy the work of the LORD in the name of destroying the evil ones. If the mighty GOD Jesus Christ recommended that we let the tares and wheat grow together lest we harm the wheat (Matthew 13:25-30), then who are we to lump all ministers into the same mold!
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by lordally(m): 9:36am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
NGO's are non gov'mental organisations who reach out to people in need, its good to give to them, that's my opinion

Hahahaha bro if you look deep , you would discover NGO's are businesses please make deep research! I was shocked the day I discovered this!
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by 18wheeler: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2021
During a discussion in church some years back, someone presented two scenarios and asked whether tithe is applied appropriately.

One: a trader that buys goods from Lagos for resell in Jos. At the end of month he pays tithe out of the profits he made from sales of that month because that's his income. In arriving at the profit he would have deducted all his expenses incurred like transport, feeding & accommodation while in Lagos, shop rent, staff salary etc in the course of his business. Then he pays tithe out of what is left.

Two: a government worker who receives salary monthly is expected to pay tithe on the whole amount received. Should he not also deduct his daily transport cost, cost of lunch at least which he takes during work, and all other expenses he incurs in the course of his work and pay his tithe from what is left of his salary?

An argument ensued which remained inconclusive till we departed. Even the priests present at the discussion could not provide clear, convincing answers.
It was a catholic forum BTW.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by kindlyheart: 9:40am On Jul 25, 2021
my tithe goes to naza agape foundation and the needy.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by solomonsly11(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2021
Is that what bible tells you, if you don't want to pay it hold it with you and if you really want to help go ahead and help don't say you used your tithe to help someone in need because there won't be any reward or blessing for doing that
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by solomonsly11(m): 9:44am On Jul 25, 2021
Is that what bible tells you, if you don't want to pay it hold it with you and if you really want to help go ahead and help don't say you used your tithe to help someone in need because there won't be any reward or blessing for doing that. You are listening to Daddy Freez someone that is reading Bible as if is reading novel
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by pek(m): 9:45am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
Its cool to pay tithes in churches cos the church will use it to enlarge and win more souls for God, but is that enough, should we let the NGO's NGOs, widows, needy and orphanage to rot?

Cos Matt.25 Jesus told us the criteria for judgement and its not amount of tithe u pay or people u convert into chritianity, a Muslim that shows unconditional love is eternity worthy than a bittered tribalistic christian that never missed paying his tithe

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Tobechuckwu(m): 9:50am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. In the New Covenant, tithing which is defined according to the Old Covenant, is a sin. undecided

Jesus Christ warned His followers that they cannot serve Him, the New Covenant, and another master, the Old Covenant as well. So, having one foot in the New Covenant and the other serving the Old Covenant is a direct sin against God who decreed that you should not add or remove from any of His Laws. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not ask His followers to give to businesses, including NGOs. He asked them to instead give to the least of these...where your NGOs are business, the least of these are those who have direct need for that which you have. undecided

U don't know what u talking about by saying tithe is a sin in d new covenant.
Jesus said he didn't come to condemned d old covenant.
Are you saying God the father that gave them d commandments of tithing, then His son Jesus will come nd make d words of His father a sin.
I don't know which pastor teaches u all this nonsense about the word of God.

God is not a man that he should lie... It's impossible for God to lie.

Are you saying Jesus Christ is calling God is liar?

U are totally ignorance of the word of God
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Betboss(m): 9:51am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
Its cool to pay tithes in churches cos the church will use it to enlarge and win more souls for God, but is that enough, should we let the NGO's, widows, needy and orphanage to rot?

Don’t confuse tithe with being kind (benevolent). Your tithe is what secures your financial life and perhaps otherwise. It doesn't guarantee you heaven. However, giving to the needy is an obligation that can help you make heaven.

In other words, you must always pay your tithe and as give to the needy.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by phemmyfour: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:

Cos Matt.25 Jesus told us the criteria for judgement and its not amount of tithe u pay or people u convert into chritianity, [s]a Muslim that shows unconditional love is eternity worthy than a bittered tribalistic christian that never missed paying his tithe[/s]

What you give to them is called ALMS not TITHE. Don't get it twisted

Wrong teaching

A Muslim doesn't see Jesus as CHRIST, they only accept him as one of the prophets.

Once again, you are mixing things up
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by pocohantas(f): 10:02am On Jul 25, 2021
Overzealous atheists are at it again.

Tithe is tithe and it is very different from charity works. However, they are not mutually exclusive (i.e)they can both run concurrently.

If you are not into paying tithe, that is okay. Go ahead and help the needy. But don’t come here with questions like this, aimed at instigating trouble.

P.S I am not a sheeple or whatever it is you call religious folks. T for tenkzzzz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by elated177: 10:12am On Jul 25, 2021
Franklyspeakin:
Why do Christians pick portions from the old testament when its convenient and talk about a new covenant and new laws when not convenient ??

Ehehehehe!
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by elated177: 10:14am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:

Do you even want to hear/know the truth about tithe and tithing?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Brushstrokes20: 10:17am On Jul 25, 2021
I'll rather give to the needy than the church.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Mystery9(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2021
You are free to give the poor or needy ones whatever you want. But Tithe the 10% is meant for the church. Why is this tin so hard to understand.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by lamentor78(m): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2021
Don't twist the Bible , Tithe is paid into the house of God, read your Bible, Malachi 3:10,
If you want to help the poor Psalms 41:1-3 ,there are blessings and God promises attached to it, if you pay your tithe in the House of God there are blessings and God promises attached to it.

So don't twist the Bible, you can choose to be helping the poor or paying your tithe
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Hushmoni: 10:28am On Jul 25, 2021
I prefer to help the ones that i know that they are really in need. I don't go to church for now but God keeps blessing me. I prepare to help people in need not churches, 99% of churches today are fake. Help anyone in need is better than buying private jet for pastors
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by nnadychuks(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2021
lamentor78:
Don't twist the Bible , Tithe is paid into the house of God, read your Bible, Malachi 3:10,
If you want to help the poor Psalms 41:1-3 ,there are blessings and God promises attached to it, if you pay your tithe in the House of God there are blessings and God promises attached to it.

So don't twist the Bible, you can choose to be helping the poor or paying your tithe
that's now how to tithe. Stop deceiving people, tell them about DEUT 14:22-29
God never said "pay" he always used the word "bring" u people are selfish. Yes, don't neglect the levites, but the levites were never the center of tithing. Make all of ona getat

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by obyrich(m): 10:30am On Jul 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Deuteronomy 12:11 is The Law.

then it shall come about that THE PLACE in which the Lord your God will choose for His name to dwell, there you shall bring all that I command you: your burnt offerings and your sacrifices, YOUR TITHES AND THE CONTRIBUTION OF YOUR HAND, and all your choice votive

It is about The Holy Place Where God resides. even if his preists are as Eli and Samuel's children.
A christian quoting old testament law? Same laws you guys claim was nailed on the cross with Christ?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Gambit23: 10:30am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:

Read deuteronomy 26 vs 12.

Read deuteronomy 14 vs 28.

Read numbers 18 vs 23 - 26.

Avoid malachi 3 vs 8 - 10, It is an instruction to priests who do not pay their tithes as see in numbers 23 - 26.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Gambit23: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2021
kayuseful:
Dear OP,
You're quoting a parable. Parables are stories meant to illustrate a concept, and must not be applied without understanding and full interpretation.

That said,
Jesus expressly stated,

He that believes not shall be damned. Give all you like, as long as you don't believe in Jesus, you're already condemned.

1Co 13:3 ASV And if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing.

Charity is a waste of time and effort without the heart being born again

Avoid malachi 3 vs 8 - 10, It is an instruction to priests who do not pay their tithes as see in numbers 23 - 26.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2021
I will never pay tithes to a church headed by a man who flies around in private jets and exotic cars. I will rather help the needy with any disposable funds I have.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Gambit23: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2021
lamentor78:

Lies

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Gambit23: 10:33am On Jul 25, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
I will never pay tithes to a church headed by a man who flies around in private jets and exotic cars. I will rather help the needy with any disposable funds I have.

Read below

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Teepeettp: 10:33am On Jul 25, 2021
Showing love to people does not embedded in paying tithe alone, do what you can to help your neighbor....
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Gambit23: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2021
Mystery9:
You are free to give the poor or needy ones whatever you want. But Tithe the 10% is meant for the church. Why is this tin so hard to understand.

Why do u guys hate the truth? Are u a pastor?

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by obyrich(m): 10:34am On Jul 25, 2021
Christ never collected tithe. Apostle Paul never collected tithe. Apostle Peter never collected tithe. So who are these 'Christians' collecting tithe?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by nnadychuks(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2021
obyrich:
A christian quoting old testament law? Same laws you guys claim was nailed on the cross with Christ?
https://www.nairaland.com/6667828/deuteronomy-14-22-29-only-portion
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Gambit23: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

U don't know what u talking about by saying tithe is a sin in d new covenant.
Jesus said he didn't come to condemned d old covenant.
Are you saying God the father that gave them d commandments of tithing, then His son Jesus will come nd make d words of His father a sin.
I don't know which pastor teaches u all this nonsense about the word of God.

God is not a man that he should lie... It's impossible for God to lie.

Are you saying Jesus Christ is calling God is liar?

U are totally ignorance of the word of God

Read n learn

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Gambit23: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2021
solomonsly11:
Is that what bible tells you, if you don't want to pay it hold it with you and if you really want to help go ahead and help don't say you used your tithe to help someone in need because there won't be any reward or blessing for doing that. You are listening to Daddy Freez someone that is reading Bible as if is reading novel

Oga Solomon, U no de read bible?

Thank me later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osun Orisha ~ Learn How To Worship The Goddess / Pastor Ebelenna Chukwu Claims To 'Turn Water To Wine' (video) / Pentecostal Holiness Church Collapses In South Africa, Kills 13 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.