Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,232 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? (38918 Views)

Dilemma In Relationship Over Lies / Lady In Tears As She Says No To Her Boyfriend In Public Despite The Cameras(Pics / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Through A Billboard In Lagos (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Nazgul: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

That's why I said it depends on how long y'all have known each other. I personally am against premarital sex.
I am too...cos it comes with a lot of unnecessary tensions, suspicions, emotions and unnecessary responsibility.

Romanoff:

If y'all are not sleeping with each other, you'll be more objective in choosing a partner.
True...you won't easily ignore glaring red flags when sex isn't involved. Good sex makes girls (and even guys) go crazy, thereby ignoring vital caution signs of the partner in question, which if the relationship is upgraded to marriage can ruin the marriage.

Romanoff:

Timing matters in proposals o. And like I said, there should have been series of discussions that must lead to a proposal.
I disagree.

When you're with someone, your goals and visions must be properly ironed out.

If a guy isn't only interested in when next you'll visit him, and whether or not you'll sleep over whenever you visit, what's there to talk about, such person clearly doesn't see you in his future. So what's there to talk about. Even if you bring up marriage issue to such guy, he'll carefully avoid it by either getting angry or claiming he's not financially ready, cos you're not in his future blueprint, you're just a person he uses to relieve his sexual urges.

Likewise a girl...if she's only interested in how much her man will be sending here as monthly upkeep, and how you'll spend your weekends in exotic places...etc. without adding any value to his life, then the guy doesn't need to have any kind of discussion with here cos such girl is out for herself and clearly doesn't picture a future with him.

A purposeful relationship is one which both parties work together towards a collective goal. Even God called the woman a helpmeet, meaning that there are some goals a man cannot accomplish without the help of a supportive woman besides him to encourage and motivate him.

5 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by arthurwillia(m): 10:51am On Jul 31, 2021
Dreadlock69:

Eheh nah grin

Lol
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by omooba969(m): 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
Simple as... grin
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by sematec(m): 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
The relationship don start??
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Vikynas: 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
For me your NO is my NO i can't enforce a relationship that will destroy my life in future.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Tgrey(m): 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2021
Stephen2324:
If a man proposes to a lady and she says No, is the relationship over?

Weytin remain?
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by BigYash: 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2021
No na.. You must have invested one or two in her,so you start eating your pension like your life depends on it,while you're looking for who will say "Yes" to you..

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by easiest(m): 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2021
No the relationship may not be over but the fucking continues and that's what matter �
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by jericco1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
I don't know because I don't plan on doing that
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by loswhite(m): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
Nazgul:

You're just speaking English.

When a girls says no to the proposal of a guy she's supposedly dating, it's either she feels he doesn't measure up to her standard or she has someone else.
Simple as ABC

3 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by emapeteum(m): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

So it's okay for a woman you know to say yes to a guy she just met if he proposed to her.

Or it's okay for a girl to say yes to a guy who has said he'd change some of his bad behaviours but she's yet to see the changes?

There's always a reason for every answer, Yes or No.

That yes she's giving you could also be because you're her only option or cause you're her meal ticket out of poverty.

A No is not always bad, just get the reason for the No and be open to discussions.
A woman who said no to you in public doesn't worth dying for.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by onyenatruchi: 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
Yes for sure.
Technical knockout lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by CoolAmbience(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:
Depends on her reason for saying No and how long y'all have been in a relationship.

It's okay to say No if you've only been dating for like three months and you feel you haven't gotten to know the man enough to make that commitment so quickly.

You made some good sense.

But for me, it is senseless to come in public to propose. I mean, what is the true intent of doing it in public?

This is something that is supposed to be private.

Or have I being left out of the newest civilization?

Wetin concern me sef, e be like say some people just dey destined for public disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Adukwuj(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
Is automatic game over name
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by CocaineLord(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
Na mumu dey propose grin

Real niggas impregnate cool
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by CryptoRepublic1: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
No,it just means that she's not ready for marriage yet or you're not really what she's looking for in a marriage.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by AOresources: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2021

2 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by osazsky(m): 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
No ots nearly over 2.5..keep spending he remain small
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Imustnottalk: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
Before nko
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Lexusgs430: 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2021
What else was she expecting, at the end of the dating cycle........ A lollipop...... cheesy

Dump without looking back...... wink
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Jaymoney5000(m): 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2021
Na say una no no waiting to write about for this nairaland again.....
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by StreetPreacher: 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2021
Stephen2324:
If a man proposes to a lady and she says No, is the relationship over?
If you submit a proposal among other applications and yours is rejected, do you keep returning to the site to admire it? Shebi you do move on?
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by thaoriginator: 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2021
arthurwillia:
If you wan buy meat and they say e no Dey, you go still Dey there dey find ponmo?
Yes na, becos ponmo no bitter grin

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2021
Yes now
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by CoolAmbience(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2021
CocaineLord:
Na mumu dey propose grin

Real niggas impregnate cool

You meant real irresponsible people abi?

No be everything dem take joke o.

If dem impregnate your daughter or sister now, you go understand am.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by lomprico(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2021
B4?
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by qtguru(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2021
thesicilian:
For most men who know what they want in life and know that there's no time to waste , the relationship is usually over when a proposal is denied.
But for those who think the woman is the only one in the world and want to hang around in the hopes that they might be pitied and accepted eventually, the relationship can last for as long as possible.
Cold, direct and no filter

3 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by arthurwillia(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
thaoriginator:
Yes na, becos ponmo no bitter grin
Ponmo wey you go need to soak for 2 days before you cook am grin

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Hushmoni: 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
If you miss my call, we can even end everything up and you com dey talk of proposal cry

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by thaoriginator: 12:12pm On Jul 31, 2021
arthurwillia:

Ponmo wey you go need to soak for 2 days before you cook am grin
e no matter, e go still sweet after garnish with salt and pepper plus veg oil grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Frustrating My Life With Her Carelessness / Couple Take Their Pre-Wedding Photos To The Gym / Man Carries His Fiancée On His Shoulder In Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.