Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? (38924 Views)

Dilemma In Relationship Over Lies / Lady In Tears As She Says No To Her Boyfriend In Public Despite The Cameras(Pics / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Through A Billboard In Lagos (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
MYHUBBY:

there might not be anything wrong with him really, many ladies hate men with low self esteem, bold less and a dependent mind among others

so when ladies come across such ladies they might fear for the future, I've seen broke guys fúck a lady dating a rich lady mercilessly without giving her any kobo. some ladies take advantage of some guys stupidity while some ladies with conscience who can't cope just take their exit

Dude is doing very well for himself earning over half a million monthly.

Close to his 40 and these women are also independent, well over 30.

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by elganzar(m): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
Nazgul:

The op wasn't referring to relationship he was talking about marriage, read his question...he asked is the relationship over if she says no meaning both couples should already be in a relationship according to his narration.

So if a girl I'm dating for a couple of months decides to say no to my marriage proposal, why should I bother myself, if her reason for saying no is because of some bad behaviours she feels I have, why no talk to me about it since we're dating?

And if her yes is because she wants a ticket out of poverty, I would have already detected her parasitic nature and wouldn't bother myself to push it any further by popping the marriage question.

I still maintain my stand that whenever a girl says no to the marital proposal of her guy, she's either seeing someone she feels is much better than him or she doesn't see a future with him.

Confirm!!
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
thomasjoe:

I'm not sure ...
Read my post , it says probably.
Howeved ,I believe it should be athing of joy to be proposed to someone that has been in a relationship with you and for the feaw to accept too except there may be some unholy alliances ...
Just my opinion though ...
Best wishes

Thank God you made exceptions.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by tunapawizzy: 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
thesicilian:
For most men who know what they want in life and know that there's no time to waste , the relationship is usually over when a proposal is denied.
But for those who think the woman is the only one in the world and want to hang around in the hopes that they might be pitied and accepted eventually, the relationship can last for as long as possible.
i still cant come to terms with the fact a man will propose when he is not 120% sure the woman will do anything to be his Mrs ASAP.....some people no dey rate themselves sha
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Silentgroper(m): 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:
Depends on her reason for saying No and how long y'all have been in a relationship.

It's okay to say No if you've only been dating for like three months and you feel you haven't gotten to know the man enough to make that commitment so quickly.
Lol. Y would a man propose after 3mnths of courting
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Maobichek: 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

So it's okay for a woman you know to say yes to a guy she just met if he proposed to her.

Or it's okay for a girl to say yes to a guy who has said he'd change some of his bad behaviours but she's yet to see the changes?

There's always a reason for every answer, Yes or No.

That yes she's giving you could also be because you're her only option or cause you're her meal ticket out of poverty.

A No is not always bad, just get the reason for the No and be open to discussions.

If "No" is discussed as you said, can it metamophe into "yes" by the same lady?

Some ladies have said somethings and later regretted what they said.

A lady once asked me why I stalked her, I stayed away from her because of that and she later came back accusing me of not forgiving and forgetting.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by geekr: 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
As we told above, live sports streaming sites are basically those websites or services that allow their users to watch sports matches online.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by habsydiamond(m): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

Exactly. You deserve to know why.

Me I've told my sisters that they should not marry a guy if they don't have a job or business doing. In that case, if I was in their place and a guy they are in a relationship proposes to them, I'd tell the guy, "I'm not saying no, but I'd like for us to wait till I get my finances together".
No
Simple as that.

If na me, I for done dey hammer am to the guy sha say "I no dey marry without job or business".

What if the lady is still dealing with a traumatic past, what if she's just not ready for that step yet?

Reasons plenty o.
wow!!! If all Nigerian ladies fit be like u.. This country for be a better place. Am saying this in reference to the job independence u mentioned... Most of our ladies prefer to rely on guys for their survival which is wrong... They have forgotten that at one point or the other the guy will use it against them by either maltreating them or to discard them.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2021
habsydiamond:
wow!!! If all Nigerian ladies fit be like u.. This country for be a better place. Am saying this in reference to the job independence u mentioned... Most of our ladies prefer to rely on guys for their survival which is wrong... They have forgotten that at one point or the other the guy will use it against them by either maltreating them or to discard them.

I see financial independence as a security in marriage. Whether we like it or not, it's the truth.

3 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2021
Maobichek:

If "No" is discussed as you said, can it metamophe into "yes" by the same lady?

Some ladies have said somethings and later regretted what they said.

A lady once asked me why I stalked her, I stayed away from her because of that and she later came back accusing me of not forgiving and forgetting.

If course, a no can be a yes.

What if she tells you No cause she wants to get a job or be financially stable first?

What if she says no cause she wants to settle her family first ti reduce dependency on her?

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2021
Silentgroper:
Lol. Y would a man propose after 3mnths of courting

E dey happen o.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Femeto: 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
Yes na she dey mad ni?
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Maobichek: 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
Cholls:
My brother if na my Wife even if she says no hundred times I will keep asking until she says YES!...

Hmmmm!!! Today's Nigerian girls may finish you if care is not taken.

A lady most times would like to know is you are strong oh! If you prove to be weak, you may lose everything.

A lady that would stay with you is a lady who is aware that you are not desperate, many guys have lost good and genuine ladies cos of desperation.

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
Yes
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by TheGift: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
The relationship is not over, just that it is no longer going in the assumed direction.
Stephen2324:
If a man proposes to a lady and she says No, is the relationship over?
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by truthhurts2: 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:
Depends on her reason for saying No and how long y'all have been in a relationship.

It's okay to say No if you've only been dating for like three months and you feel you haven't gotten to know the man enough to make that commitment so quickly.
I seriously understood your point, so many reasons for a lady to turn down a guy's proposal, but, not a long time relationship, like a year or more. What is there to know that you haven't knew for 2 years? Ladies should always be observant from the start if they think/hope the relationship will end up into something meaningful. If you're saying No based on bad character/s that you want APC to occur and you haven't seen the change after 2 years then why not breaking up with him long ago before he can even think of proposing to you?

So if after 2 years of relationship, a lady turned down my proposal by walking away from me, she just don't walk from me, she walked out of my life.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by thomasjoe(m): 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

Thank God you made exceptions.
But to be honest you will agree that he never measured up to her expectations or she never really loved him or was into another affair or all of the above.
Why will a lady say no no a marriage proposal when everything is okay with both of them ...
Okay now I'm willing to listen ...tell me ...
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Silentgroper(m): 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

E dey happen o.
Tah! Happen wetin?? ... Abeg lets be realistic hia.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by LZAA: 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2021
So a woman especially the ones here wey no dey use marriage play say no and u think the relationship still exists
Simps everywhere grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Ramirezkhay(m): 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2021
Na to add more muscle dy shine congo dy go! No Cap
NOGRUDGES:
No, it means u can only kwantinue to shine Congo inzha aza room till the real owner shows up grin
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2021
Silentgroper:
Tah! Happen wetin?? ... Abeg lets be realistic hia.

I done see am happen. Na him make I dey tell you say e dey happen.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by marsup: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
Jamb question.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by deltateam: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
NOGRUDGES:
No, it means u can only kwantinue to shine Congo inzha aza room till the real owner shows up grin

Do you think that such "No" is given to congo shiners?

It's usually simps that get that answer in abundance.

The lady already knows she'll be getting whatever she asks from them as long as possible.

For alphas ladies beg them for marriage. Go figure.

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
thomasjoe:

But to be honest you will agree that he never measured up to her expectations or she never really loved him or was into another affair or all of the above.
Why will a lady say no no a marriage proposal when everything is okay with both of them ...
Okay now I'm willing to listen ...tell me ...

Nope. I doubt that the first lady is married now. They had done introduction and she turned him down, after getting yes at a proposal.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2021
truthhurts2:

I seriously understood your point, so many reasons for a lady to turn down a guy's proposal, but, not a long time relationship, like a year or more. What is there to know that you haven't knew for 2 years? Ladies should always be observant from the start if they think/hope the relationship will end up into something meaningful. If you're saying No based on bad character/s that you want APC to occur and you haven't seen the change after 2 years then why not breaking up with him long ago before he can even think of proposing to you?

So if after 2 years of relationship, a lady turned down my proposal by walking away from me, she just don't walk from me, she walked out of my life.

After 2 years is evil. You should have been able to see red flags by then.

But then, it's better she said no then than later.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by SanctifiedSista(f): 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2021
Come to Jesus ..he is good at solving trial and error issues in relationships
Congratulations, as u come tomorrow u will go back with good news
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Emmhychidi(m): 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2021
Sha I depends on the no, if the no is like not yeally no but somehow yes , then yes if not then it's yes but somehow no , it may also be like yes no or no yes or no no or like enhh either no or yes... Only smart people may understand yes
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Humanoid01(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

Motives behind a relationship should be defined and such relationships should be reviewed timely as determined by the people involved.

My opinion o.

Make e no be say one of una dey plant for where the seed no go grow.
I read on this forum some time ago that you were engaged. I'm not sure if I saw it on your profile or I read it on a thread, and I'm not completely sure it was you. But if it was, then you're probably married now.

All I'm trying to say is that guy who [supposedly] married you is a lucky guy. If he hasn't married you yet, then he'll be lucky to. I like the way you think, your perspectives about relationship is a very healthy one. Way to go, Nairaland's Natasha Romanoff, lol.

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by arthurwillia(m): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
thaoriginator:
e no matter, e go still sweet after garnish with salt and pepper plus veg oil grin

You be baba oo
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
Humanoid01:

I read on this forum some time ago that you were engaged. I'm not sure if I saw it on your profile or I read it on a thread, and I'm not completely sure it was you. But if it was, then you're probably married now.

All I'm trying to say is that guy who [supposedly] married you is a lucky guy. If he hasn't married you yet, then he'll be lucky to. I like the way you think, your perspectives about relationship is a very healthy one. Way to go, Nairaland's Natasha Romanoff, lol.

Lol. Thank you. We are married now.

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by moneyissweet(m): 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2021
Yes, is over.
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Humanoid01(m): 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

Lol. Thank you. We are married now.
Oh wow! Belated congrats.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Frustrating My Life With Her Carelessness / Couple Take Their Pre-Wedding Photos To The Gym / Man Carries His Fiancée On His Shoulder In Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.