Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada (40631 Views)

Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos / Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode / "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by 2mch(m): 5:43pm On May 16, 2011
Musiwa,:

toronto subway or metro line is high speed rail. very very fast.

But what fashola has is slow.
If you are using the same rail track like the one NRC has. you will have problem. the lane track as width longer.

The cost of $10 billion they claim. is less than what they used to build the toronto metrolane. which i will tell you. is very very long.  about ota to the lagos island 3 times long.

instead of having ligth rail. some part can be underground.
Gbam! I saw that too. Although this is a lucid and rare moment for you. But you make sense. Dont mind Nigerian's. Always as foolish as they can get away with.
Gekko:

Mr Donlittle, im not here to trade insults or abuse anyone.  What exactly is your beef? The basis of my arguments is simple
Look at my previous picture & links to the Lagos rail website and compare that to the refurbished hand me down being inspected by your dear governor.
Then ask yourself if you think 3billion dollars is adequately spent.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. My guy i tire, okrika mentality is a force to reckon with. The force is too strong in Nigerians. What a pity, i see why we have the type of government we do. Most have no exposure, except what they see on MTV. And will gladly settle for second hand so they can brag that they too them sabi.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by alfablondy: 5:44pm On May 16, 2011
BRF is not doing badly. He really need to play his game well with those white men.
He should go for quality and not quantity? money should be wisely spent.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 16, 2011
Gekko:

Mr Donlittle, im not here to trade insults or abuse anyone.  What exactly is your beef? The basis of my arguments is simple
Look at my previous picture & links to the Lagos rail website and compare that to the refurbished hand me down being inspected by your dear governor.
Then ask yourself if you think 3billion dollars is adequately spent.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what if he puts the 3billion in is account, and tell us he will use it for free drugs, and doctors go on strike, what will you say about that  undecided undecided undecided undecided
well am not here to sell insult, am here to dash it out.
n am not goin to any website, my head is correct, and i knw this move is a good move, back to argument, what is your beef with fashola? beaf?
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by kulutempa: 5:45pm On May 16, 2011
Musiwa,:

If you are using the same rail track like the one NRC has. you will have problem. the lane track as width longer.

The cost of $10 billion they claim. is less than what they used to build the toronto metrolane. which i will tell you. is very very long.  about ota to the lagos island 3 times long.

If it's too slow for you stick to the Molue.  Happy?
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by ektbear: 5:46pm On May 16, 2011
2mch, you are an i.diot. Seriously.

Of what relevance is HIGH-SPEED RAIL for a FVCKING city, you goddamn m.oron? High-speed rail is meant to cover very large distances, say between Lagos and Abuja. Not within one city!

Even what we call "high-speed rail" here in the US is very different from the same terminology and technology in Europe, China and Japan.

You are just reading stuff without thinking about:
A) Where do I get the money
B) Is this the right solution for the problem I have
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 16, 2011
alfablondy:

@ 2mch, u knw u havent told me were u relocated from., and lets compare it to lagos, cuz u dey talk nonsense
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by aljharem3: 5:48pm On May 16, 2011
A.Chigozie:

[size=20pt]
Don't get mad because you are incapable of staying on topic.   grin
[/size]

chai!!!!

u are lying, AA my butt

u are an igbo woman mostly likly man

keep decieving yourself, you think nigerians are as silly as you
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 16, 2011
kulutempa:

If it's too slow for you stick to the Molue.  Happy?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, no he wants to sit down at the back of okada, and wait for the molue to hit him, so he can go to hospital and que for free drugs! grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 5:49pm On May 16, 2011
2mch:

Gbam! I saw that too. Although this is a lucid and rare moment for you. But you make sense. Dont mind Nigerian's. Always as foolish as they can get away with.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. My guy i tire, okrika mentality is a force to reckon with. The force is too strong in Nigerians. What a pity, i see why we have the type of government we do. Most have no exposure, except what they see on MTV. And will gladly settle for second hand so they can brag that they too them sabi.
Musiwa,:

There is no such thing in Toronto or even North America. Why is lying second Nature to you people?

[b]Although Canada does not have high-speed rail lines, [/b]there have been two routes frequently proposed as suitable for a high-speed rail corridor:

* Edmonton to Calgary via Red Deer
   * Windsor to Quebec City via London, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal

A possible international high-speed rail link between Montreal and Boston or New York City is often discussed by regional leaders, though little progress has been made.[1][2] On another international line between Vancouver and Seattle, work is in progress to improve the existing Amtrak Cascades service, though it will not reach speeds normally associated with high-speed rail.[citation needed]

Is the train below a high speed train?

Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by 2mch(m): 5:50pm On May 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

Of what relevance is HIGH-SPEED RAIL for a FVCKING city, you goddamn m.oron? High-speed rail is meant to cover very large distances, say between Lagos and Abuja. Not within one city!

Even what we call "high-speed rail" here in the US is very different from the same terminology and technology in Europe, China and Japan.

Ekt Bear, you are the fool. You try so much to sound sensible with long, drawn out ridiculous arguments. I dont have time for your tantrums. You are a child and a liar. You spend all day lying on NL. Go and get a life. If you make arguments, make them truthfully. Okrika human being. Comot make i see road. See this former and over sabi wey just like to hear himself talk. Abeg omo mo go rest. tongue
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by tpia5: 5:51pm On May 16, 2011
shocked shocked

i hope chigozie isnt fstranger sha. shocked
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 5:52pm On May 16, 2011
Donlittle:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what if he puts the 3billion in is account, and tell us he will use it for free drugs, and doctors go on strike, what will you say about that  undecided undecided undecided undecided
well am not here to sell insult, am here to dash it out.
n am not goin to any website, my head is correct, and i knw this move is a good move, back to argument, what is your beef with fashola? beaf?

These clowns are liars. Are we not talking about a $500 million project?

http://www.investec.co.uk/#home/lending_and_financing/project_and_infrastructure/Transport/transport_deals/ekorail_nigeria.html
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by ektbear: 5:53pm On May 16, 2011
Heh. Alright.

I am a liar, then. Please kindly explain of what relevance high-speed rail (e.g., 150+ miles/hour) is to solving transportation issues within a single city.

Kindly explain to us why it is at all relevant to the problems they want to solve.

You fcking mor.on.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Dotman01(m): 5:54pm On May 16, 2011
The concession
contract will be for the operation
and maintenance of the lines for a
40-year period. . . . this is frm d quote
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 5:55pm On May 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

You see why arguing with these clowns is nothing but torture? How do you reason with ignorant people?
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by bkbabe97y1: 5:56pm On May 16, 2011
For that Dude that knows it all: HERES MAYOR BLOOMBERG (one of the Richest men on earth) on a NYC train!

Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

http://www.investec.co.uk/#home/lending_and_financing/project_and_infrastructure/Transport/transport_deals/ekorail_nigeria.html
lol, i dnt know, sum1 said 10billion dollars too, stupid he goat
@2much please telll me the fuckin name of your state of origin, or ur pman state, am fucccking waitin.
dnt waste my damn timeee
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by bkbabe97y1: 5:57pm On May 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

Heh. Alright.

I am a liar, then. Please kindly explain of what relevance high-speed rail (e.g., 150+ miles/hour) is to solving transportation issues within a single city.

Kindly explain to us why it is at all relevant to the problems they want to solve.

You fcking mor.on.

You beat me to it!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

You see why arguing with these clowns is nothing but torture? How do you reason with ignorant people?
pure and real torture, i am here dying from laughter, and it giving me headache, from their crazy point,
what a cause and effect, until the  effect kill every lagosian from hunger, oloshisss  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Gekko(m): 5:59pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

You call this a legitimate source? Try again!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by bkbabe97y1: 6:00pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ historical,  you be comedian too?

Is their green line below historical too?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/441621_train_jpgd390c0ce3c829b0011fecff753294596

Lol. Eko ile, thats not how the trains in Boston look. Those are the street cars that connect all of downtown and some of the suburbs. Boston has a mordern rail system comparable to NYC's
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 6:04pm On May 16, 2011
bkbabe.97y:

Lol. Eko ile, thats not how the trains in Boston look. Those are the street cars that connect all of downtown and some of the suburbs. Boston has a mordern rail system comparable to NYC's

Abeg post picture or just don't bother,
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by ektbear: 6:04pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

He is a very big f.o.o.l. But rather than keeping quiet, he is spreading his stupidity elsewhere.

I'd just ignore him, but I wanted everyone to understand why he isn't making any sense.

(As an aside, high-speed rail (like the type they do in Europe, China, and Japan) isn't really economical in most cases (see this article [http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/16/AR2011021605977.html] and google for the World Bank report it mentions.) Most of the time it has to be heavily subsidized. The "high-speed rail" we have in the Northeast corridor is actually pretty slow, averages like 80 miles per hour and uses ordinary tracks. The one in the NE corridor is profitable and economical, though.)
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

He is a very big f.o.o.l. But rather than keeping quiet, he is spreading his stupidity elsewhere.

I'd just ignore him, but I wanted everyone to understand why he isn't making any sense.

(As an aside, high-speed rail (like the type they do in Europe, China, and Japan) isn't really economical in most cases (see this article [http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/16/AR2011021605977.html] and google for the World Bank report it mentions.) Most of the time it has to be heavily subsidized. The "high-speed rail" we have in the Northeast corridor is actually pretty slow, averages like 80 miles per hour and uses ordinary tracks. The one in the NE corridor is profitable and economical, though.)
Damn, 2much got served grin grin grin grin grin grin
he is a liar, he hasnt even told me where he is from
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by seanet02: 6:07pm On May 16, 2011
Some people here are just Ediots, arguing without Logical points sound crazy to me
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Musiwa13: 6:07pm On May 16, 2011
i
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by 2mch(m): 6:08pm On May 16, 2011
bkbabe.97y:

rotflmao. these people think some people talk because of what they watch on MTV. grin grin grin grin cheesy. Boston's trains are old, but far newer than what fashola was inspecting. Concerning modern rail lines, America is not even to be used as a comparison because they have been maintaining old lines and are being criticized for it. The Obama government is trying to change this through the cross country lines first, before they begin inland. All i am saying is, if you are not going to invest in something that is best at the moment and can last for a while, then it is best you do not do it at all. These people that will maintain the rail, their contracts will one day expire and we will be left with dinosaur grand father trains. Fashola should either invest in excellent infrastructure or scrap the project. finito.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by seanet02: 6:10pm On May 16, 2011
2mch:

rotflmao. these people think some people talk because of what they watch on MTV. grin grin grin grin cheesy. Boston's trains are old, but far newer than what fashola was inspecting. Concerning modern rail lines, America is not even to be used as a comparison because they have been maintaining old lines and are being criticized for it. The Obama government is trying to change this through the cross country lines first, before they begin inland. All i am saying is, if you are not going to invest in something that is best at the moment and can last for a while, then it is best you do not do it at all. These people that will maintain the rail, their contracts will one day expire and we will be left with dinosaur grand father trains. Fashola should either invest in excellent infrastructure or scrap the project. finito.
[/quote]
You Remain an Ediot!!!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 6:12pm On May 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

You obviously did more than enough to highlight his/her stupidity, ignorance and foolishness,
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Gekko(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2011
bkbabe.97y:

Guy shey no be A-train i carry go midtown this morning?  Granted the NYC subway is relatively efficient, what exactly is modern about those rat infested diseased boxes? I bet youve never experienced Hong Kong, Madrid, or even London  {oldest in the world} metro system  undecided

Lagos can yearn for something better but lets all agree that this is a start.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by olabukola: 6:15pm On May 16, 2011
The lagos state i know has only one rail line(stand to be corrected anyway). The line that runs from Agege via Ikeja, Oshodi to Iddo or Yaba. Fash is doing a good work but i have a question. Is the rail line for these trains(light or heavy) in place.?
I think the answer is NO. since the routh is diff and the oparetor is diff also. Have they stated building the rail line(s). Which one should come first?(rail or train). To construct the rail line will take more than 4 yrs when you include the nigeria factor the yr gets longer.
All those trains(Street cars/Tram) shown on the pictures above runs on electricity, do we have enough supply in Nigeria to power the trains as at when needed.
I am of the beleive that anything worth doing is worth doing well. I will not condemn or eulogise the project as i do not have the full details.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Gekko(m): 6:17pm On May 16, 2011
olabukola:

The lagos state i know has only one rail line(stand to be corrected anyway). The line that runs from Agege via Ikeja, Oshodi to Iddo or Yaba. Fash is doing a good work but i have a question. Is the rail line for these trains(light or heavy) in place.?
I think the answer is NO. since the routh is diff and the oparetor is diff also. Have they stated building the rail line(s). Which one should come first?(rail or train). To construct the rail line will take more than 4 yrs when you include the nigeria factor the yr gets longer.
All those trains(Street cars/Tram) shown on the pictures above runs on electricity, do we have enough supply in Nigeria to power the trains as at when needed.
I am of the beleive that anything worth doing is worth doing well. I will not condemn of eulogise the project as i do not have the full details.

construction has already begun for this project

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527166.32.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Truck Driver Bashes & Breaks Rearscreen of SUV then rolls on ground begging / Toyota Land Cruiser Somersaults At Stadium, Lagos (photos) / The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.