Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada (40624 Views)

Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos / Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode / "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 7:08pm On May 16, 2011
Big B1:

All I'm asking for is a successful implementation of the project; an implementation that will not compromise human rights law or the security of the citizens, but empowers the people of Lagos state.
Fashola is known to do wuruwuru projects.

So solving transportation problems in Lagos state is now a human rights issue.

Below is the UN Mandate on Transportation and I really think many of you should be very happy this man is doing what the UN asked for and the fact he's doing it on behalf of Lagosians and Nigerians.

Mandate

UN-Habitat’s activities in urban transport are guided by the overall mandate of the organisation, particularly the transport-related provisions of the Habitat Agenda, the Declaration of Cities and Other Human Settlements in the New Millennium and more recently the Governing Council Resolution GC 22/8 on Guidelines on access to basic services for all as well as the MTSIP Focus Area 4. UN-Habitat advocates for policies and models to achieve sustainable urban transportation systems across the globe in the context of an overall mission to promote sustainable development of human settlements and the achievement of adequate shelter for all.

Transport and communication systems are the key to the movement of goods, people, information and ideas. They are also key to access to markets, employment, schools and other facilities and land use, both within cities and between cities, and in rural and other remote areas. The transportation sector is a major consumer of non-renewable energy and of land and is a major contributor to pollution, congestion and accidents. Integrated transport and land-use policy and planning can reduce the ill effects of current transport systems.

People living in poverty, women, children, youth, older persons and people with disabilities are particularly disadvantaged by the lack of accessible, affordable, safe and efficient public transport systems. From this perspective, Transport represents one of the many issues which could contribute to overcome difficulties and inertia that prevent developing countries from breaking the vicious circle of poverty.

http://www.unhabitat.org/content.asp?typeid=19&catid=639&cid=7983#

Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Mariory(m): 7:08pm On May 16, 2011
Gekko:

Every tom manliness & harry knows the lagos rail project cost way more than $500.00.

What is your source?
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 7:10pm On May 16, 2011
Gekko:

Every tom manliness & harry knows the lagos rail project cost way more than $500.00.

But when are you going to show us your own source? Shebi it's available to every tom manliness & harry,
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Gekko(m): 7:14pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

But when are you going to show us your own source? Shebi it's available to every tom manliness & harry,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-372396.0.html
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 7:21pm On May 16, 2011
Gekko:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-372396.0.html

lmao. look at this can't read and comprehend this olodo.

From the same article you posted,

In April 2008, the Lagos State Government approved N70bn for both the Ojo/LASU-Okokomaiko-Marina Line and its construction, with an estimated completion date of 2011.

N70bn = $466 million.

Around the same $500 million we are talking about for the same line under construction.

The 3 billion is an estimate for a full scale metro system scattered all over the state,

The facts are not on your side so quit the bad bele and gross display of ignorance.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by aljharem3: 7:24pm On May 16, 2011
afam4eva:

Fashola should use this term to focus on people oriented projects and not all this white elephant projects. The poor people suffered during his first term in office.

gbammmmm

supported

all this white elephant project that this man and ACN are carrying around will not do them any good

first, he needs to orienate the people and provide security for the people

lagosians do not really care about a rail project, we want security, food, and jobs angry
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by aljharem3: 7:25pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

N70bn = $466 million.

Around the same $500 million we are talking about for the same line under construction.

The 3 billion is an estimate for a full scale metro system scattered all over the state,

The facts are not on your side so quit the bad bele and gross display of ignorance.
to be honest you are not making sense in this thread undecided

the railway project is not needed
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by ektbear: 7:26pm On May 16, 2011
alj_harem:

Correct

Instead, the money (from private investors?) should be spent on amala to be distributed to the masses
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Gekko(m): 7:27pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

N70bn = $466 million.

Print version Lagos’ N450 Billion Light Rail Project Takes Off March
The long awaited N450 billion ($3 billion) Lagos’ Light Rail project will take off in March, Governor Babatunde Fashola has said.

He said the design for the project, which is already at the final stage, would be completed and submitted by the contractors handling the project’s design next month.

The rail project consists of seven rail lines. Two of the proposed lines have been approved for construction.

The Blue line would link Okomaiko to Marina through Mile 2, while the Red line would link Agege, Mushin, Iddo and end at Marina.

The state government has secured some external funds for the project, about $1.5 billion to build the infrastructure of the rail project and allow interested private firms to operate the lines as done with the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system.

When completed, the rail project would carry millions of passengers per day while the concessionaires would manage the project for a period of 25 years after which it would be handed over to the government.

According to the governor, who spoke at an economic summit in Lagos yesterday, the decision of the government to commit huge sum of money on the project was justifiable, insisting that the issue of poverty could not be dealt with without addressing transportation problems.

“The whole essence of human endeavour is to look for food, shelter and clothing and he would do that by getting wealth and running businesses. Now if the cost of transporting yourself to work eats half of your wages, you would stay poor,” he said.

Fashola also said that with several projects ongoing in the state, better days lie ahead for the people of Lagos in terms of provision of improved infrastructure and services for the people by the present administration.

He stated that many of the lofty projects being embarked upon by the state would reach its fruition this year with more positive impact, stressing that one of the things that stood him in good stead for the job was that he became a governor after having been an insider in the running of the government of the state.

He said on assumption of office, one of the main pre-occupation of his administration was to reverse the infrastructural deficit of almost 30 years by making infrastructure renewal its first goal.

The governor added that part of the strategies for achieving this was in dedicating 60 percent of the State budget to infrastructure renewal and setting strict guidelines which encompassed setting of timelines and deadlines on all policies and programmes which must be met.

On the issue of resistance to the payment of taxes, Fashola said if there were any forms of resistance, it was in terms of pessimism of the people about the efficiency of the system and about past broken promises.

He disclosed that by the end of 2010, about 25 kilometres of the Lekki- Epe Express Way would have been completed, assuring that the road would be completed by 2011.

Fashola further disclosed that the Itire-Okota Link Bridge, Funsho Willimas Avenue and Igbo Elerin road would be completed in 2010.

Governor Fashola while justifying the need to identify and protect the locations of cables laid across the state, said the state through the Lagos State Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency (LASIMRA) had asked telecom operators in the state to supply their work plans so that the state could work on it with its contractors to avoid incidences of cable cutting during construction.

In addition, Fashola said as at the last count, over 20, 000 people had benefited from the micro credit finance of the State which according to him has also created over 150,000 jobs.

On his re-election in 2011, Fashola said no decision had been made by the Action Congress, the party on whose platform he was elected.
http://thepmnews.com/2010/01/12/lagos’-n450-billion-light-rail-project-takes-off-march
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by DisGuy: 7:31pm On May 16, 2011
alj harem, never been to lagos

Fashola should use this term to focus on people oriented projects and not all this white elephant projects. The poor people suffered during his first term in office.

Name the white elephant projects?

rail transport is not people oriented?

perhaps the people responding to you are to blame.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by bkbabe97y1: 7:31pm On May 16, 2011
2mch:

Sit in those things at your own risk. On my visits to NY i was thoroughly disgusted. The A line is an eye sore. . It is so expensive to maintain as well. Their transportation authority is always cutting one service or the other. .

Nobody says "A Line", so that alone let me know that most likely youre lying and youve never taken the subway in NY!!!

The "A Line is an eyesore"?! Really?! So, whats the the difference of the "A" from the B, C, E,F, 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7?! Huh, tell me Mr."Know-It-All-Even-Though-The-First-Time-I-Ever-Saw-A-Train-Upclose-Was-When-I-Came-To-The-United-States"!!!!

You just keep sounding ignorant!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by aljharem3: 7:34pm On May 16, 2011
Dis Guy:

alj harem, never been to lagos

Name the white elephant projects?

rail transport is not people oriented?

perhaps the people responding to you are to blame.

me not been to lagos, are u having a laugh grin

who voted for fashola to win ?

fashola is wasting his time on this railway project, he needs to provide security for the people

in lagos alone we have 1 chance bus, gbomo gbomo, armed robbers, all the evil in the world u would find in lagos (a combination of igbo and yoruba)

fashola should introduce a police system that would ensure crimals are gotten

euff said
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 7:37pm On May 16, 2011
Gekko:

Print version Lagos’ N450 Billion Light Rail Project Takes Off March
The long awaited N450 billion ($3 billion) Lagos’ Light Rail project will take off in March, Governor Babatunde Fashola has said.

I highlight your point in the article because I have no clue what you are trying to prove with it
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by kulutempa: 7:38pm On May 16, 2011
alj_harem:

What's happening on Nairaland today?  Is it the full moon or what?
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by 2mch(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2011
bkbabe.97y:

Nobody says "A Line", so that alone let me know that most likely youre lying and youve never taken the subway in NY!!!

The "A Line is an eyesore"?! Really?! So, whats the the difference of the "A" from the B, C, E,F, 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7?! Huh, tell me Mr."Know-It-All-Even-Though-The-First-Time-I-Ever-Saw-A-Train-Upclose-Was-When-I-Came-To-The-United-States"!!!!

You just keep sounding ignorant!

Crass stupidity. By the way, what are you doing arguing so much about a country you have no idea about? It makes you very silly because you argue blindly. You have never even been to Lagos in your life. Probably one of those hood rats sleeping on the A train all day. I know your A train is your hide out and your home. It can only be suitable for animals like you, who have no life but to sit on the internet throwing insults like a mental case. GTFOOH, fu*cking low life. You have nothing to do with your life, than to talk about Nigeria? Anyway, my last word to you on NL. Not much can be expected from a dude that answers "Babe". ROTFLMAO.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by DisGuy: 7:41pm On May 16, 2011
alj_harem:

me not been to lagos, are u having a laugh grin

who voted for fashola to win ?

fashola is wasting his time on this railway project, he needs to provide security for the people

in lagos alone we have 1 chance bus, gbomo gbomo, armed robbers, all the evil in the world u would find in lagos (a combination of igbo and yoruba)

f[b]ashola should introduce a police system that would ensure crimals are gotten [/b]

euff said

i'm not a teacher unfortunately, but i can tell you this for free

Your friend Jonathan is responsible for police systems or should that be MEND systems

Fashola's investment or should i say initiatve with the security trust fund is popular and seems to be getting result
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by aljharem3: 7:41pm On May 16, 2011
kulutempa:

maybe undecided
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 7:42pm On May 16, 2011
alj_harem:

Give me something better to respond to, I'm not interested in all the silly 1-2 liners you people are peddling with nothing to support your objections.

To say a rail system designed to move almost a million people a day and get them to work safely and and back home on time is not needed is the apex of stupidity and re'tardedness.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 7:44pm On May 16, 2011
kulutempa:

It's morons night out or coming out parade I guess
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by bkbabe97y1: 7:45pm On May 16, 2011
2mch:

Crass stupidity. By the way, what are you doing arguing so much about a country you have no idea about? It makes you very silly because you argue blindly. You have never even been to Lagos in your life. Probably one of those hood rats sleeping on the A train all day. I know your A train is your hide out and your home. It can only be suitable for animals like you, who have no life but to sit on the internet throwing insults like a mental case. GTFOOH, fu*cking low life. You have nothing to do with your life, than to talk about Nigeria? Anyway, my last word to you on NL. Not much can be expected from a dude that answers "Babe". ROTFLMAO.

Wow! So, the next line is : when losing an argument, carry on like a mad-man instead of presenting a better, and more convincing rebuttal?!

If I was a "Low-life" I wouldnt be LIVING IN NY and you WOULDNT be VISITING---supposedly (Still dont believe youve ever been out here. Sounds like u seen a lotta NY based movies tho)!!! Try living here for one year and lets compare pockets at the end of 12 months.

Nigerian Cab driver coming on here trying to act like he the shiyyt. . . . . A train ur nuts!

Liar!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by aljharem3: 7:46pm On May 16, 2011
Dis Guy:

i'm not a teacher unfortunately, but i can tell you this for free

Your friend Jonathan is responsible for police systems or should that be MEND systems

Fashola's investment or should i say initiatve with the security trust fund is popular and seems to be getting result

F jonathan,

if fashola is serious about lagos then he needs to get his act right

it be honest the security system in lagos is apaulling, forget about fashola security investment

imagine this senerio

everyone is in the train from yaba to badagry of iba estate,.,. (this should take about 30-40 mins by train)

then armed robbers followed everyone to the same train, what do u think would happen
,.,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

even worse agberos are in the same train, ARE U GOING TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH THEM IN THE SAME TRAIN WITH YOU ?

be honest
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by GAR3TH(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2011
actually if Fashola and LAMATA consider using subway trains for the rail lines thats actually a good thing.

despite the looks subway cars (Heavy Rail) are able to carry waaay more passengers than a light rail tram.

BTW the cars look no different from the ones used in other major cities.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by kulutempa: 7:48pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

Give me something better to respond to, I'm not interested in all the silly 1-2 liners you people are peddling with nothing to support your objections.

To say a rail system designed to move almost a million people a day and get them to work safely and and back home on time is not needed is the apex of stupidity and re'tardedness.

Thanks.  That's is why I was wondering what's happening on Nairaland today.   Seems like so many people are off their medication!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 7:48pm On May 16, 2011
alj_harem:

F jonathan,

if fashola is serious about lagos then he needs to get his act right

it be honest the security system in lagos is apaulling, forget about fashola security investment

imagine this senerio

everyone is in the train from yaba to badagry of iba estate,.,. (this should take about 30-40 mins by train)

then armed robbers followed everyone to the same train, what do u think would happen
,.,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

even worse agberos are in the same train, ARE U GOING TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH THEM IN THE SAME TRAIN WITH YOU ?

be honest

lmao, this is getting funny and comical.

It's not even worth it replying any more, it's better to just sit and enjoy the comedy,

Please carry on, I'm enjoying the show.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by aljharem3: 7:50pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

It's not even worth it replying any more, it's better to just sit and enjoy the comedy,

so you would be comfortable to enter the same train with agberos undecided

moreover,
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

like me
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by kulutempa: 7:51pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

lmao,  this is getting funny and comical.

Got popcorn?
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 16, 2011
alj_harem:

so you would be comfortable to enter the same train with agberos undecided

moreover,
u this northerner, wat do u wnt us to do? send our yoruba people to go kill, nonsense, uneducated fellow  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by aljharem3: 7:52pm On May 16, 2011
Donlittle:

u this northerner, wat do u wnt us to do? send our yoruba people to go kill, nonsense, uneducated fellow  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

get killed by who ? angry
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by aljharem3: 7:53pm On May 16, 2011
kulutempa:

Got popcorn?

eat gworo if u are not thinking right here
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Mariory(m): 7:54pm On May 16, 2011
kulutempa:

Got popcorn?

I've got ice cream. grin
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 7:54pm On May 16, 2011
kulutempa:

Got popcorn?

lol.

Sure. Abeg take some. The clowns are out in full force,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Girl Refuses Returning Back To Nigeria, After Having A Swell Time In Dubai (Pix) / Bek Air Plane Crashes Near Kazakhstan's Almaty / Truck Driver Bashes & Breaks Rearscreen of SUV then rolls on ground begging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.