Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada (40635 Views)

Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos / Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode / "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by bkbabe97y1: 6:17pm On May 16, 2011
Gekko:

Granted the NYC subway is relatively efficient, what exactly is modern about those rat infested diseased boxes?

Theres always Lagos to move back to if u aint happy with the mode of rail transport out here.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On May 16, 2011
Musiwa,:

i forgot the name of the company that help them built it. ttc may now build coaches. But the width of the track been used in nigeria, is different from over here. that one thing they need to know. why it is better to have a metrolane and lightrail together. metrolane in the mainland. and light rail in the island. it also save you breaking people homes.

The name of the coy is bombardier  , , , ,
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 6:21pm On May 16, 2011
olabukola:

The lagos state i know has only one rail line(stand to be corrected anyway). The line that runs from Agege via Ikeja, Oshodi to Iddo or Yaba. Fash is doing a good work but i have a question. Is the rail line for these trains(light or heavy) in place.?
I think the answer is NO. since the routh is diff and the oparetor is diff also. Have they stated building the rail line(s). Which one should come first?(rail or train). To construct the rail line will take more than 4 yrs when you include the nigeria factor the yr gets longer.
All those trains(Street cars/Tram) shown on the pictures above runs on electricity, do we have enough supply in Nigeria to power the trains as at when needed.
I am of the beleive that anything worth doing is worth doing well. I will not condemn of eulogise the project as i do not have the full details.

It is hoped the lines will carry 1.4 million passengers per day. They will be powered by electricity rather than diesel but, with the national grid notoriously unreliable, EkoRail is building its own 30-40 MW power station, with excess power benefiting the motorway and local communities. The trains could begin test runs late next year.

www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/14/lagos-railway-change-lives-nigeria+lagos+metro+rail+it">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jOPE6i0hL78J:www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/14/lagos-railway-change-lives-nigeria+lagos+metro+rail+it%27s+own+electricity&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

And you don't have enough info because you are too lazy to do basic research about what you're criticizing, 

Ignorance is a disease. Next>>>
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by 2mch(m): 6:23pm On May 16, 2011
Gekko:

Guy shey no be A-train i carry go midtown this morning?  Granted the NYC subway is relatively efficient, what exactly is modern about those rat infested diseased boxes? I bet youve never experienced Hong Kong, Madrid, or even London  {oldest in the world} metro system  undecided

Lagos can yearn for something better but lets all agree that this is a start.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sit in those things at your own risk. On my visits to NY i was thoroughly disgusted. The A line is an eye sore. embarassed. It is so expensive to maintain as well. Their transportation authority is always cutting one service or the other. They think Nigerians are not well travelled, so they can feed us anything and we will swallow it hook, line and sinker. People are voicing their opinions and thoughts, these paid robots, and children with limited intelligence are throwing tantrums and looking for who will babysit them through long, ridiculous, meaningless arguments.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by olabukola: 6:25pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

And you don't have enough info because you are too lazy to do basic research about what you're criticizing,
Ignorance is a disease. Next>>>
Please show me where i did the above highlighted. Thanks for the info anyway.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by ektbear: 6:29pm On May 16, 2011
Just to alleviate some of the concerns raised:

The contract is for 25 years or so, right?

The cars probably don't have that long in them, probably 10-15 years or so.

Use them for that period of time, then upgrade in 10-15 years. At that time, the Lagos Rail will be fully profitable and throwing off a lot of cash, so you'll be able to fund new railcars easily.

Where is the harm in being cheap now while the project is still new?

I mean, is riding in this really suffering:
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VoGgi4nuv0[/flash]

I don't see how that is a worse ride than what most in America or Canada commute in.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 6:33pm On May 16, 2011
olabukola:

Please show me where i did the above highlighted. Thanks for the info anyway.

Read you own post, it's there. Do some of you really think the folks behind the project are dumb and incompetent to the extent that they'll build something like that without making provisions for things like regular power supply to make it functionflwlessly? Even the state's water works are getting their own dedicated power plants.

Many don't know anything about the state, they don't follow the state's activities, but they want to argue and run mouth based on their own ignorance.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 16, 2011
i think they all give up now, make them go think well welll, sum just smoke egbo finish
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Mariory(m): 6:38pm On May 16, 2011
@Musiwa

Stop sneaking lies into this thread. The rail lines being constructed for the project are standard gauge. They have nothing to do with current single gauge NRC lines.

And the Chinese company CCECC is a construction company. Their job is to construct the lines not supply the trains. JB are responsible for expanding the road network. In case that was too hard to understand I will reiterate the information using pretty colours.

Train Line = CCECC
Trains Cars = The Toronto Transit Commission
Road Expansion = Julius Berger

If the above info is still too hard for you to understand without maps, just look at the pretty colours. Look at how the purple is sooo purple. There's a good lad.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 6:39pm On May 16, 2011
ekt_bear:

Just to alleviate some of the concerns raised:

The contract is for 25 years or so, right?

The cars probably don't have that long in them, probably 10-15 years or so.

Use them for that period of time, then upgrade in 10-15 years. At that time, the Lagos Rail will be fully profitable and throwing off a lot of cash, so you'll be able to fund new railcars easily.

Where is the harm in being cheap now while the project is still new?

I mean, is riding in this really suffering:

I don't see how that is a worse ride than what most in America or Canada commute in.

The most important thing and what I really love about this project is that we now have the infrastructure and template to build on, modernize and and expand as needed. This single act alone is set to get rid off many cars of our roads, reduce pressure on our roads and make them last longer, reduce air, cut down noise pollution and generally solve a huge chunk of our traffic problems,
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by BigB11(m): 6:43pm On May 16, 2011
This is a great move without any question, but I challenge Fashola to present his plans for this project and I'm 100% sure that it wouldn't take too long to discover few loopholes that will allow either his strategies or human rights law or even security of the citizens to be compromised .
This is just his style of leadership; he produces, but he's never on point (but yet we praise the dude).
He is the type that will destroy a market place and use the land to construct a recreation park; he forgets that we still need the same market place to get our food supplies.

Once again, in my book this dude is just ok, his intentions are completely bright, but he mostly allows his emotion to over shadow his strategies.
Fashola needs not only to be systematic but also technical during the implementation of his projects in Lagos or else things will continue to fall apart few years after the completion.

Here is another example of Fashola's style: Instead of taking all necessary steps to plan a successful strategy as President Obama has just done in Pakistan, Gov Fashola would have ordered the NAVY seals to bomb Osama Bin Laden's house if he was in-charge of the operation that successfully killed the terrorist.

I honestly don't think the dude is that smart and absolutely not as tough as you guys think.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Mariory(m): 6:45pm On May 16, 2011
Gekko:

You call this a legitimate source? Try again!

WTH? Those are the financial advisers for the project. How can you say it's not a legitimate source? What is the matter with some of you?

http://www.investec.co.uk/#home/lending_and_financing/project_and_infrastructure/Transport/transport_deals/ekorail_nigeria.html
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by seanet02: 6:46pm On May 16, 2011
Big B1:

[s]This is a great move without any question, but I challenge Fashola to present his plans for this project and I'm 100% sure that it wouldn't take too long to discover few loopholes that will allow either his strategies or human rights law or even security of the citizens to be compromised .
This is just his style of leadership; he produces, but he's never on point (but yet we praise the dude).
He is the type that will destroy a market place and use the land to construct a recreation park; he forgets that we still need the same market place to get our food supplies.

The big question is: How can someone (a leader for that matter) realize his or her imperfection when Nigerians will not stop settling for less by their constant praising songs?

Once again, in my book this dude is just ok, his intentions are completely bright, but he mostly allows his emotion to over shadow his strategies.
Fashola needs not only to be systematic but also technical during the implementation of his projects in Lagos or else things will continue to fall apart few years after the completion.

Here is another example of Fashola's style: Instead of taking all necessary steps to plan a successful strategy as President Obama has just done in Pakistan, Gov Fashola would have ordered the NAVY seals to bomb Osama Bin Laden's house if he was in-charge of the operation that successfully killed the terrorist.

I honestly don't think the dude is that smart and absolutely not as tough as you guys think[/s].

Not a single sense is in this crap i tell you. What has Fashola got to do with Navy seals? You are a Dimwit
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Afam4eva(m): 6:46pm On May 16, 2011
Fashola should use this term to focus on people oriented projects and not all this white elephant projects. The poor people suffered during his first term in office.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Mariory(m): 6:48pm On May 16, 2011
Big B1:

*IBB*. . .*Swallow c.u.m*. . .*IBB*. . .*food*. . .*IBB*. . .

. . .sleep

STFU!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by BigB11(m): 6:49pm On May 16, 2011
@seanet02: I didn't expect you to catch my gist.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 6:49pm On May 16, 2011
afam4eva:

[b]Fashola should use this term to focus on people oriented projects [/b]and not all this white elephant projects. The poor people suffered during his first term in office.

I guess na goats go dey ride the trains and not people,

You do sound like an Ignorant goat sha,
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Mariory(m): 6:50pm On May 16, 2011
afam4eva:

Fashola should use this term to focus on people oriented projects and not all this white elephant projects. The poor people suffered during his first term in office.

Rail transportation is a white elephant project? There is something seriously wrong with some of you.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 6:51pm On May 16, 2011
Mariory:

WTH? Those are the financial advisers for the project. How can you say it's not a legitimate source? What is the matter with some of you?

http://www.investec.co.uk/#home/lending_and_financing/project_and_infrastructure/Transport/transport_deals/ekorail_nigeria.html

The idea is to criticize and display bad bele by any means necessary, not to reason or argue intelligently
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by BigB11(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2011
All I'm asking for is a successful implementation of the project; an implementation that will not compromise human rights law or the security of the citizens, but empowers the people of Lagos state.
Fashola is known to do wuruwuru projects.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Afam4eva(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

I guess na goats go dey ride the trains and not people,

You do sound like an Ignorant goat sha,

No, na person wey never chop go enter that fine train. Or is it going to be free? We keep forgetting that this is Africa and our primary objective is to get people out of poverty. We should stop trying to be like New york overnight.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by ektbear: 6:54pm On May 16, 2011
I think that one of the implicit assumptions of democracy is that those who are being governed have common sense and wisdom.

It is a good thing some of the posters here don't represent the thinking of your typical Lagosian.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by kulutempa: 6:54pm On May 16, 2011
afam4eva:

Put the spliff down dammit!  You've had enough for one day.   Enough.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by enyojo(f): 6:55pm On May 16, 2011
EKO ILE, THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS FOR EKO!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by seanet02: 6:56pm On May 16, 2011
afam4eva:

No, na person wey never chop you dey enter that fine train. Or is it going to be free? We keep forgetting that this is Africa and our primary objective is to get people out of poverty. We should stop trying to be like New york overnight.
Olodo, you are sounding more steweeped and ediotic everyday, Is it animals that are Riding the Badly maintained Nigeria Railway Lines?
@Big1, am not an animal so don't expect to cast a animal word
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by seanet02: 6:58pm On May 16, 2011
Big B1:

All I'm asking for is a successful implementation of the project; an implementation that will not compromise human rights law or the security of the citizens, but empowers the people of Lagos state.
Fashola is known to do wuruwuru projects.
I gues BRF buses are wuruwuru projects?
I guess Oshodi Beautification is wuruwuru projects?
I guess 390 kilometers of Newly completed Roads are wuruwuru projects?

You sound so STEEWPEED
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by BigB11(m): 6:59pm On May 16, 2011
@seanet02: Not an animal, you're a good man< i"m sure

Could you please list just 2 of the latest projects implemented by Fashola?
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by kulutempa: 7:00pm On May 16, 2011
I assume that Nigerians who have access to the internet can read and write and have at least secondary school if not higher education. If some of the comments here are anything to go by,  I am fearful for the future of our country.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by BigB11(m): 7:03pm On May 16, 2011
@seanet02:
Again, I didn't expect you to catch my gist. It usually takes a few months to clearly see my point.

You're a good man, please ignore my silly post.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Mariory(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2011
Big B1:

@seanet02:
Again, I didn't expect you to catch my gist. It usually takes a few months to clearly see my point.

You're a good man, please ignore my silly post.

Please stop. . .just stop. This thread has become a brain killer. Just unbelievable.

*Sigh*
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by AChigozie1(f): 7:06pm On May 16, 2011
[size=24pt]I hope for the sake of Nigeria that the views being express in this thread by some of you, are not representative of the Nigerian citizenry, if so you guys will forever be dependent on foreigners.  [/size]
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Gekko(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2011
Mariory:

Every tom dick & harry knows the lagos rail project cost way more than $500.00.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / Doctor Nneoma Uhuegbu Dies In Accident In Abia Sate / Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.