Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion (25648 Views)

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka / Any Religion or Secret group that entices people with money Is satanic / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by aribisala0(m): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
Pelecius:

I just explained something now but you seem not to get it.

You don't need prayers to fly a plane or to do trade. It's a wrong culture that brought about such misconception. It is never a Christian thing.
Even the Bible teaches that being successful is factored primarily on diligence, then God can bless (maybe by preventing unnecessary loses, etc).

So, the premise is wrong to start with because religion is not the factor in determining how countries become economical successful.
You may do well to unlearn and relearn that
I got you to be saying that people need to work and pray . Together
I am not sure if you get me though

I am saying that you can only say that for yourself
Many people do well without any prayer at all
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Gilbertkwabena(m): 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2021
sotall:
undecided

You need a personal encounter with God.
I didn't say you should go to church or mosque. Just search deeper within your heart and be sincere with your desire for God and he will shew himself to you.

You have taken a bold decision by wanting to stay away from religion but then you still have to battle with the mystery of the spiritual nature of man.
To answer that question, you need God.

To find God, you need a sincere and honest desire of your heart and will.

Remember science cannot answer the spiritual nature of man and this mystery is what all humans must confront and solve someday while you are alive on earth.
My advise is dont wait for life issues to make you running looking for your creator.

I always remember my biological class when we learnt about the theory of cells. Cells are the basic unit of life including humans.
Now one fact that was stated during that class is that " all cells come from previously-existing cells".
This means you have a creator. Take your time and find him.

Just keep your delusion to yourself... If there was any god, he wouldn't be so stupid to hide itself from his creator nd go send his msg tru ones enemy. personal encounter ko, personal encounter ni.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Rebuke: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2021
Semaj77:

Believe me , psychosis is better than being totally raving mad which I am. What I need is to be chained down in a mental institution

Lol. Bye!
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by focus7: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
indadi:
My Dad called me this evening to tell me the essence of praying. The thing is that I don't believe praying solves anything Atleast to me. the day I stopped believing and started working more on myself, I found out that things started getting better for me than those who goes to the Church and Mosques.

When I think about a lot of things I have read and what I have experienced I feel like I have always been deceived all my life.

The Pastors and Prophets with their fake miracles or the Boko Haram and their suicide with the reasons of going to heaven to get virgins.

I currently live with them though I plan on moving to my own place by the end of this year or early next year.

I really want to tell them in a polite way so they can accept my way.

My Dad won't accept this, as he believes that it is God or nothing.

Guy the present orientation you have regarding religion is what I also shared. Religion is a big scam and I have stopped allowing myself to be deceived and things are actually better than when I allowed pastors to brainwashed me.

But in your own case since you still live with your parents you just have to be coping until you leave if you really want peace because I promise you they will not take it easy with you especially your mum.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by neyoohhh: 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
Xavfra:

Lies.....

Early stages of woke...
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by palsenator(m): 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Xavfra:

I live a simple life....
Hate complications except when I need it to manipulate a situation.....

I don't use to science as a base..... shocked

I once told a priest "religion is like weed, it gives you an utopic feeling that goes away when you face reality"......

I appreciate the fact that you are reasonable unlike and within the confinement of civility unlike most kids on nairaland...

If you don't mind, we can have a discussion, an open one on this subject. Let me share my past and present with you while you also talk about yours... No man is an island of knowledge... I am available on WhatsApp if you don't mind.... 070 33 22 98 23

1 Like

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by BriskhoffBox: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ayomi90:

What about his family, Where is his wife? Mind you believing there is God is different from being religious. Many ppl go to church, they worship God but they will never tell you they are religious. Righteousness is different from religion.

When I say best life, I mean the kind of life their unreligious society has created for the people. As regards family, it's a choice for an average white man. He chose to be unmarried, but he has children.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by BriskhoffBox: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ayomi90:

Who knows? Don't also judge everything based on money Me BriskkhoffBox, there is more to life than money alone.

Is it only money you can think of when it comes to Elon Musk? An average Nigerian has a religious life 20times deeper than an average American. But, an average American has a life quality 100times better than that of an Average American. Prayers did not build any developed nation out there.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2021
palsenator:

I appreciate the fact that you are reasonable unlike and within the confinement of civility unlike most kids on nairaland...

If you don't mind, we can have a discussion, an open one on this subject. Let me share my past and present with you while you also talk about yours... No man is an island of knowledge... I am available on WhatsApp if you don't mind....

Later today I'll contact you.....
But note that I won't still become a Christian....

Remove your number

grin grin cheesy
We can be new friends smiley wink
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by sotall(m): 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
Gilbertkwabena:

Just keep your delusion to yourself... If there was any god, he wouldn't be so stupid to hide itself from his creator nd go send his msg tru ones enemy. personal encounter ko, personal encounter ni.

Doesn't matter what you think.

The spiritual side of human is mysterious and can only be known by connecting with God
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2021
neyoohhh:

Early stages of woke...

How....

For atheism

Or

Not for?

Make I take
Sabi as
I go
reply you
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Chrisog: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
My dear your decision is not right. Religion does not make one rich. God is your creator and you must worship and believe only in him. Bible says praying and having faith without work amounts to nothing. So as you pray to God you must also be hardworking for you to enjoy the fullness of life.
Coming to prayer issues; it is very necessary for your survival and your salvation. Ephesian 6:11 or thereabout Says" We no do wrestle against fresh and blood, but against principalities and power of darkness. So prayer is the only weapon of warfare against the devil. So I urge you not to give up on your faith in Christ.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by namo77: 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lolzzzz

In naija, You have to move to your own house first
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:32pm On Aug 09, 2021
What you need is WISDOM but ironically such wisdom only comes through PRAYER!

Obviously your parents never practiced pure worship otherwise by now you'll be on the run because your conscience won't even allow you to stand before those who introduced you to pure worship and think there is something you can say to debunk the truth! smiley
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Ayomi90: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
BriskhoffBox:

Is it only money you can think of when it comes to Elon Musk? An average Nigerian has a religious life 20times deeper than an average American. But, an average American has a life quality 100times better than that of an Average American. Prayers did not build any developed nation out there.
How did you come up with the statistics? Am not a supporter of Nigeria focusing on religion nd ignoring developments. Are the politicians the ones leaving their faith? Cox I knw a common man like the OP has nothing to do with politics or fixing of roads nd infrastructure in Nigeria.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by BriskhoffBox: 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ayomi90:

How did you come up with the statistics? Am not a supporter of Nigeria focusing on religion nd ignoring developments. Are the politicians the ones leaving their faith? Cox I knw a common man like the OP has nothing to do with politics or fixing of roads nd infrastructure in Nigeria.

The statistics are so glaring to see even without any research. If you are so particular about the figures, the internet is there for you. I'm glad you know politicians have a lot to do to nation building and prayers have nothing to do. That's a good one to start with

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Semaj77(m): 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
Rebuke:

Lol. Bye!

You just proved my point
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by IMAliyu(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
indadi:

What's the point of telling them?
Not unless you want to start something, or create problems for yourself.
Know that not anyone is willing to accept things contrary to their lifestyle, and you shouldn't necessarily put your parents in that position.

Ignorance is bliss, what they don't know won't hurt them.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by phemmyfour: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
donbenie:
Destruction of what?
What is worse than the current state of Nigeria and yet na una carry Religion for head like Gala?
Bunch of Hypocrites.. angry
Ignorance at its peak
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by BriskhoffBox: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
Chrisog:
My dear your decision is not right. Religion does not make one rich. God is your creator and you must worship and believe only in him. Bible says praying and having faith without work amounts to nothing. So as you pray to God you must also be hardworking for you to enjoy the fullness of life.
Coming to prayer issues; it is very necessary for your survival and your salvation. Ephesian 6:11 or thereabout Says" We no do wrestle against fresh and blood, but against principalities and power of darkness. So prayer is the only weapon of warfare against the devil. So I urge you not to give up on your faith in Christ.

There's no such thing as the devil. If prayer is the weapon against that imaginary devil, he should have been dead long ago na, with all the prayers religious folks have been praying since time memorial

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by OneNigeria1: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
freshtimi:
Trust me, they will always find reasons why u r wrong not to follow religion. I was in your shoes a couple of years ago, trying to explain my decision to family and friends n I found out that they will never understand you. Just dont stress yourself about it. Keep working hard, be a good person as much as you can and lastly help as many as you have the capacity to.

and most importantly dont ever think you are in this alone there are over a million people out there just like you.... the constitution give you a right to religion so if you don't find any of them interesting, just stay in your lane....me I dont even discuss my religious life with anyone but deep down I know I dont give a Bleep about any of them shocked
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by VCJeks(m): 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
indadi:
My Dad called me this evening to tell me the essence of praying. The thing is that I don't believe praying solves anything Atleast to me. the day I stopped believing and started working more on myself, I found out that things started getting better for me than those who goes to the Church and Mosques.

When I think about a lot of things I have read and what I have experienced I feel like I have always been deceived all my life.

The Pastors and Prophets with their fake miracles or the Boko Haram and their suicide with the reasons of going to heaven to get virgins.

I currently live with them though I plan on moving to my own place by the end of this year or early next year.

By tattooing "IRRELIGIOUS" on your forehead� on a lighter note.

One of the current problem of many educated people is that as we grow and experience life, our understanding of God shrinks and does not fit into our current realities, so many's faith begins to die off.
The solution to this is studying the God course. It will open us up to fresh realities of the personality and principle of God's operation.

That my brother is what you need to search for.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by donbenie(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2021
phemmyfour:
Ignorance at its peak
The Moral High Horse.
The only refuge of the inept religious fanatic..
Religion is a SCAM and Nigerians are the worst Scammers..

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by zedanmatic: 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2021
Brother don't mind our parent, religion is behind problem of Africa
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Constantine10: 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
JaneYave:
The prayers you don't pray today, You will pray tomorrow.
Storms are so real. It takes prayers to stand strong when they come.
pray for me and others like us, while we go and face the storm with every strength, courage, wisdom and knowledge we have spend our time acquiring and we will see who fair well through the storm. What will be will be
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by YungMillionaire: 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2021
JaneYave:
The prayers you don't pray today, You will pray tomorrow. Storms are so real. It takes prayers to stand strong when they come.

So your religion is basically controlling people with fear. No sane person will be interested in such a demonic religion.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by YungMillionaire: 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2021
OP: some people are not ready for what you are. Keep it to yourself and try to stay away from them. Most will never understand.
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by djoey89: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
Make money...
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Olaideolayemi(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

Now that's the answer.
IF GOD doesn't have a religion, why would one assume his religion is supreme & the best through which you can get to God...?

Did God tell people how he would like to be worshipped or what?
All these are the works of MEN.
You find the laziest men in Religious societies.
The WEALTHIEST MEN are usually smart & critical thinkers trying hard to proffer solutions to world problems.
Don't take this replied person.. But just see it as my opinion and also see it that am not religious bigotry, rather religion tolerance..If you read the holy book well, especially Quran and Bible..You will surely see where God HIS!!!..I take my time to study holy book every well and also listened to different lecture and preach from a reasonable scholars..I choose where am belong today..Am grateful.. because without prayer in my life suffering, depression, stagnant, enemies attacked and many more..let me just say..I would have died by now..but with the help of prayer..I conquered and have growth/development despite many challenges that's dealing with me..I believe,if I don't know God..I would die .Many peoples journey may not be like that.Everybody with their believed..
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by Constantine10: 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
sotall:
undecided

You need a personal encounter with God.
I didn't say you should go to church or mosque. Just search deeper within your heart and be sincere with your desire for God and he will shew himself to you.

You have taken a bold decision by wanting to stay away from religion but then you still have to battle with the mystery of the spiritual nature of man.
To answer that question, you need God.

To find God, you need a sincere and honest desire of your heart and will.

Remember science cannot answer the spiritual nature of man and this mystery is what all humans must confront and solve someday while you are alive on earth.
My advise is dont wait for life issues to make you running looking for your creator.

I always remember my biological class when we learnt about the theory of cells. Cells are the basic unit of life including humans.
Now one fact that was stated during that class is that " all cells come from previously-existing cells".
This means you have a creator. Take your time and find him.
you are talking about bible the said moon is luminaries which is a lie because the moon is not a source of light, it gets it light from the sun, the bible and religion is a made up fairytale by early scientist, intellect and con-men to enslave and rule over people

1 Like

Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by KallmemrB0: 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2021
jimmychang:

It is the life that makes people stop believing religion or whatever you call it.

I pray you don't experience a situation where you will doubt your God and belief.
lol.. Bro have witness both sides of life and am not leaving God lol
Re: How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion by phemmyfour: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
donbenie:
The Moral High Horse.
The only refuge of the inept religious fanatic..
Religion is a SCAM and Nigerians are the worst Scammers..
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' / The Lords Chosen: Instant Miracles From Taraba State Crusade / 3 Things To Do After A Spiritual Spouse Deliverance That A Pstor Won't Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.