Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help (26927 Views)

My Neighbor Sex Moaning Is Killing Me Help / A Girl Is Addicted To Me Like A Drug And It Killing Me / Masturbation Is Killing Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Basicend: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2021
Temptee101:
You are not alone my brother.

I was discussing same thing with a married friend yesterday. He is not finding his marriage funny at all.

Once you get married, your wife determines your happiness.

She can decide to make your home a living hell or paradise.

To a greater extent, your life is in her hands, she determines whether you'd live long or not.

Everything solely lies in her hands.

I agree with you absolutely.

Hmm, the ladies now adays, are brutal, especially Nigerian ones. I am speaking from experience. Don't just go for beauty ooooo, pray for God's mercies and leading.

Hmm.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by mercy87(f): 11:23am On Aug 11, 2021
Trust in the Lord and he will give you the best. You can't actually get the best if you're evil. God will not link his children with evil people. You should think of being the best version of yourself.

Some men and women are unfaithful and they want the faithful ones. Who are you deceiving?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Johel(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2021
larryeffizy1:
Hi folks, I'm Sure we're doing good in our respective places.?
Quick one pls, I really need the help or rather a piece of advice from whosoever has been in this shoe before...; Because it's really affecting my marital life negatively and that's why I'm here if I could get a cool counsel on this platform bikoo; as we all know that a problem shared is half solved... The question is "How May/Can I get rid of Marriage Phobia...?

I'm above 30 and I'm really scared of MARRIAGE... A candid advice from you guys will go along way... Hence, if you have had the experience before, kindly share with me how you go about it and overcame it....

Thanks#

Don't be scared of marriage because no money on ground yet,just work man...work... I'm of your age too, unmarried and even without a child yet but I'm unbothered...it's money first for me and making mama proud or no marriage cos I can't marry poor,it's a taboo for me as I hate poverty,I've tasted it,and it's really bitter than bitterness itself, I don't want it near my kids...I don't believe in superstitions,so I rather work to build my home than fantasize...Just work... settling at 35-45 isn't so bad if u ask me,just that society will always say rubbish...refused to be pressured...chase that money,chase that deal and win that contract...believe in God and let his grace rest upon you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by mercy87(f): 11:27am On Aug 11, 2021
ibechris:

If this is the way ur parents lived I don't think u will be talking like this.
Whether u guys like it or not woman is the greatest gift ever given to man on this earth. Her beauty has no comparison. In fact,I can die for my wife and my two daughters. My only son,shall grow to treasure and respect women irrespective of her colour,tribe,race and religion.

Whatever u think is ur reason for condenming women and upholding single parenting,pls keep it to yourself. We don't need ur likes in our society. Stay put in ur over-sea after all it's not heaven. Don't use ur mouth to cast what God has made holy.

God bless you sir. I don't know why this platform is used to perpetuate continual hatred against women. It's terrible.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Juliearth(f): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2021
doctor306:

And what’s the probability that op’s case will be different ??

He’s about doing same thing they did and ur expecting a different result .

Getting married to a Nigerian girl is risk that should only be taken by a man that has accomplished 80% of his dreams and only have baby making left.

Our women deserve to be happy and enjoy to the fullest with no atom of suffering( their moto).why then should you tie them in marriage when you still have a possibility of suffering .

In conclusion make enough money then pick the next available woman to make babies for yu it doesn’t matter what she is cus they all were the same mess at a point in their life !!!

Let me reject this on op's behalf. Marriage is not a game of numbers or probability. Put in your best as a couple and see it flourish. The Devil has imbibed this fear and belief and that is why people go into it expecting it to fail and what you expect is what you get.

Alot of couples go into marriages, expecting it to be a fairy tale, whereas in actual sense, it is a battle field. Not a battle field because either of the couple is a misfit, but because the devil has sworn a war against marriages. Now, its left for the couple to put on the full armour of God (read about what these armour are) and fight or relax and expect a miracle. A lot of failed marriages banked on the latter, hence why the marriages failed.

Please put your right hand on your chest and say " my case is different! My marriage will last."
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by seyz91(m): 11:32am On Aug 11, 2021
You don't have to have an experience of things personally

We learn from people's mistakes and experiences

frozen70:

How can you be sacred of something you have not had the experience of

Ibuzikwa nwoke ?
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by mercy87(f): 11:33am On Aug 11, 2021
All what they do is blame women here for their woes. I am not saying everywoman is perfect....no! No man is perfect either. We need a home where there will be respect, faithfulness, love. Let's build a better society irrespective of religion.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by OlawaleBammie: 11:36am On Aug 11, 2021
Nelson21:
The kind of comments I read these days makes me wonder if I am living among the walking dead.

Anyway...

With everything we see going on in our society today, it's okay to be scared and No, you are not alone in that feeling nor are you the first to feel that way.

I know you're going to say "oh, here we go again, another church freak coming with his sermon" but the truth is to advise you properly, I need to use the Bible.

Marriage is not easy in fact it is a burden to the point that paul encouraged singleness.

1 Corinthians 7:28 : But if you do marry, you have not sinned, and if a betrothed woman marries, she has not sinned. Yet those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that.

The divorce you see occuring in many marriages of today started way back in time including the era of moses.

Matthew 19:8-11 : Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry." Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.

Did you read the statement the disciples made? It is better not to what? MARRY!

Marriage has been perverted by the devil in so many ways you can't imagine and his most effective/favorite tool or weapon whether you believe or not has ALWAYS been WOMEN.

Remember, there is nothing new under the sun. To bring the downfall of man, the devil used the woman.

So, my dear brother, you have every reason to be scared because the possibility of marrying someone who will make your life miserable is very high.

My advice to you is this. If you do decide to get married, it should be because you want to have children who will take over your wealth and properties, so your efforts in life wont be in vain, not because you want a companion who will "love you and be with you for better or worse." No woman (most especially these modern day, social media addicted, morally and spiritually bankrupt women possessed with the evil spirit of deceit and feminism) will give you that.

For this u said, i respect u sir, I dont know u but may u always find peace in ur endeavour.

Ur last statement just ease the burden and pains in my heart. May God bless you and your family abundantly sir
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Juliearth(f): 11:37am On Aug 11, 2021
doctor306:

And what’s the probability that op’s case will be different ??

He’s about doing same thing they did and ur expecting a different result .

Getting married to a Nigerian girl is risk that should only be taken by a man that has accomplished 80% of his dreams and only have baby making left.

Our women deserve to be happy and enjoy to the fullest with no atom of suffering( their moto).why then should you tie them in marriage when you still have a possibility of suffering .

In conclusion make enough money then pick the next available woman to make babies for yu it doesn’t matter what she is cus they all were the same mess at a point in their life !!!

Also, your fourth paragraph is flawed. There is nothing wrong in a couple starting from the scratch together (our parents did that, so why shouldnt we?). That brings about respect and understanding. Marriage is not a price you cash out on the finish line, it is an armour you acquire or wear in the course of your life journey.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by RMoneyInTheBank: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2021
larryeffizy1:
Quick one pls, I really need the help or rather a piece of advice from whosoever has been in this shoe before...; Because it's really affecting my marital life negatively and that's why I'm here if I could get a cool counsel on this platform bikoo; as we all know that a problem shared is half solved... The question is "How May/Can I get rid of Marriage Phobia...?

I'm above 30 and I'm really scared of MARRIAGE... A candid advice from you guys will go along way... Hence, if you have had the experience before, kindly share with me how you go about it and overcame it....

Thanks#
..look for a woman you like and make her your baby mama... When you have children, the phobia disappears... Don't get married and later divorce... Better have a baby mama from start... Marriage is something that 98% of married men which they were not...for peace of mind and happiness, baby mama is the way.... And she will for ever be submissive to you
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by HoneySwag(f): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2021
larryeffizy1:

Thanks#
I'd advise you download pastor Kingsley Okonkwo's relationship sermons
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by xavier01(m): 11:48am On Aug 11, 2021
Put someone that makes your food in order. She will end you.
Rinoxy:

I totally disagree! There's a way out! Brother, if she threatens your peace, put her in order either calmly or forcefully.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Blueelf: 11:48am On Aug 11, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Demonizing women as usual.

Don't you know the devil is male?

Tell us why males aren't his favorite plaything.

So you were his midwife the day he was born abi?

Oga, the devil (like all demons) are spirit beings and do not have a gender.

Dont be silly and ignorant at the same time

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Rubbiish(m): 11:48am On Aug 11, 2021
kodix:
My own opinion is that you shouldn't fear women/marriage after all marriage mostly favours men in African except you are abroad. Just man up and do the needful and get ur own children bcs this baby mama thing they are advising you is not awesome you will not even get those children if don't pay her bride price esp in my area,you will just be baby making machine for the woman esp if she wish to be single too,after which you will be pushed away,just man up and marry make your own babies a t worst you will divorce because singles life doesn't favour men here in African it favor women though. When a man marry it give him more edge than a woman self,you will be regarded more
So don't be deceived.[color=#006600][/color]
Single life favour women more than men in Africa?? U don't know what u are saying!
Who go through hell to provide for family?
Do u think as a woman, if u don't provide for family the society will blame u? Even the bible is against a man that can't provide for his family. Then when the children are of age, they tend to give mothers more attention than fathers. How is marriage now favouring men more than women? Look nobody will respect u if u don't have money, not even your kids & wife, they will get tired at some point. How many married men of his age are respected like Don jazzy who is single? People only respect your age if at all money is not involved, not because u are married! People will respect a single elderly man of 70 years more than a married guy of 30 yrs. Age is what people respect, not marital status!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by xavier01(m): 11:50am On Aug 11, 2021
Why then do we have some pastors with broken home?
mercy87:
Trust in the Lord and he will give you the best. You can't actually get the best of you're evil. God will not link his children with evil people. You should think of being the best version of yourself.

Some men and women are unfaithful and they want the faithful ones. Who are you deceiving?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by lakefist(m): 11:53am On Aug 11, 2021
larryeffizy1:

Thanks#

What you are feeling is perfectly normal. No fear just pray to God for maturity. It takes maturity to be in marriage.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by emmnprince(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2021
Nelson21:
. . . So, my dear brother, you have every reason to be scared because the possibility of marrying someone who will make your life miserable is very high.

My advice to you is this. If you do decide to get married, it should be because you want to have children who will take over your wealth and properties, so your efforts in life wont be in vain, not because you want a companion who will "love you and be with you for better or worse." No woman (most especially these modern day, social media addicted, morally and spiritually bankrupt women possessed with the evil spirit of deceit and feminism) will give you that.

OP disregard the bold.

If you marry simply to bear children to take over your wealth and property, why marry in the first place when you can have a babymama/babymamas, or do a "contractual one", adopt, or better still will your wealth to charity or some worthy cause after you pass on!

Marriage is more than just bearing children for the sake of passing inheritance to them.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by alexola20(m): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2021
Marriage doesn't worth the pains that comes with it.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by zexy2030(m): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2021
I don't know why people think, it's the woman that makes marriage fun...the woman expires after 3-5yrs into the marriage but the kids will be your passion to keep your home.

Don't make kids with a woman, you may never like to meet again.

Being a baby daddy maybe fine for you. Imagine you met a lady, who in her past relationships has aborted babies or killed some, such ladies don't see your life as anything if u r the baby daddy (having a surviving child for you).You must do all her commands.

See, so many ladies are possesed with evil spirits. Raising a kid with such a woman is another hell on earth. You would wish the child never came through her, with all the sense of entitlement trailing your wealth up n down.

If you want to marry, ensure you are the man in the relationship, otherwise you will be enslaved by the woman. What makes you the man, you must earn her respect, otherwise your home will be hell.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 11, 2021
siofra:

Op you're not married, how can it affect your marital life

grin grin grin
Aunty you go school. You know something.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by mercy87(f): 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2021
xavier01:
Why then do we have some pastors with broken home?

Being a genuine child of God and being a title holder are two different things.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Hassanmaye(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

I reside & work abroad and I'm stating facts here.
CUOMO, the Governor of New York just resigned not because he raped a woman but because they ganged up against him.
He has penchant for Italian way of greeting.
We have many Italians in New York.
Now they used same thing against him.
This is what he has done for years.

MEN avoid women like Leprosy now in the US and Europe. And it's helping the men to manage dia attractiveness towards these ladies too.
Most Men who think they can't live without SEX are now growing from strength 2 strength without sex
This is serious o, most Americans are now rushing to Russia to Get wives.
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Angelina996(f): 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2021
larryeffizy1:

Thanks#

I'm above thirty and single also. I had this feeling when I was around 29 and I had to sit myself down to get to the root cause of it cos I know I'm naturally family oriented. So having the fear was a surprise to me.

You have to sit down and analyze some things, things that likely were the origin of the fear, that you might not have been paying attention to. I hope you know that marriage is sweet. And it has a purpose contrary to what the world has made us believe.
You might be scared of all the bad news you've been hearing about marriage which most of them would have been avoided if the author of marriage has been duly consulted.

One of the best ways to a successful marriage is to get married to your best friend. I mean start off getting to know each other in this order: spirit, soul, body (and this body is only allowed in marriage).

Look around and within you to note what's causing the fear, then you can know the way forward.
I'm not married but I know marriage can be sweet although tasking. It is responsibility. It takes work because it is a call to work and war.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Hassanmaye(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
You guys are afraid of marriage but will not hesitate to fvck a married woman
Hahahhahahaha bad boy grin
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by MadeMan01(m): 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
You guys are afraid of marriage but will not hesitate to fvck a married woman

A married woman that can be fvcked is not fit to be a wife

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Kennyking1234: 12:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

I reside & work abroad and I'm stating facts here.
CUOMO, the Governor of New York just resigned not because he raped a woman but because they ganged up against him.
He has penchant for Italian way of greeting.
We have many Italians in New York.
Now they used same thing against him.
This is what he has done for years.

MEN avoid women like Leprosy now in the US and Europe. And it's helping the men to manage dia attractiveness towards these ladies too.
Most Men who think they can't live without SEX are now growing from strength 2 strength without sex
Sir, why did they gang up against the man?
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by FORWARDEVERLY: 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
Go and get a baby mama.. simple..

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by neyoohhh: 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
The modern woman is damaged, that's why everyone is scared of marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
greenguy:
Are you married?
If you are, how long?
What are your real fears about/in marriage?
Describe your partner in few words.

Lol. Just tell am make him write thesis for you na. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kennyking1234:
Sir, why did they gang up against the man?
It could be for political reasons.
But no tape showing where he raped nor manhandled a Lady.
ITALIANS have a unique way they greet people.
And this is an age long practice.
POPE does it too.
Africans are unique in their ways too.
Now 11 WOMEN ganged up against him stating he has got awful ways of greeting women which they see as harassment.
He further buttressed his facts with picture evidence of how he has been greeting people even before he was elected.
Now he has resigned.
A Lady has emerged as the New Governor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by kodix(m): 12:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
[quote author=Rubbiish post=104670985]
Single life favour women more than men in Africa?? U don't know what u are saying!
Who go through hell to provide for family?
Do u think as a woman, if u don't provide for family the society will blame u? Even the bible is against a man that can't provide for his family. Then when the children are of age, they tend to give mothers more attention than fathers. How is marriage now favouring men more than women? Look nobody will respect u if u don't have money, not even your kids & wife, they will get tired at some point. How many married men of his age are respected like Don jazzy who is single? People only respect your age if at all money is not involved, not because u are married! People will respect a single elderly man of 70 years more than a married guy of 30 yrs. Age is what people respect, not marital status! :

How many men will be like don't jazzy just be realistic and how many men provide all for their family,many women are Ceos now,a least u will have a family if ure not don jazzy and be respected bcs of ur family, Anyway try and be single don't marryooo if u have not!
Re: Marriage Phobia Killing Me Help by Kennyking1234: 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

It could be for political reasons.
But no tape showing where he raped nor manhandled a Lady.
ITALIANS have a unique way they greet people.
And this is an age long practice.
POPE does it too.
Africans are unique in their ways too.
Now 11 WOMEN ganged up against him stating he has got awful ways of greeting women which they see as harassment.
He further buttressed his facts with picture evidence of how he has been greeting people even before he was elected.
Now he has resigned.
A Lady has emerged as the New Governor.
As some one has watched the movie "Godfather". I think I know the greeting. This only goes to show how men are being pushed aside. The future might be bleak.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are Most Independent Office Women So Arrogant And Disrespectful? / Which Of These Statements Make A Man Feel Happy The More? / Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.