Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,555 members, 7,850,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:36 AM

There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan (17044 Views)

How To De Congest Lagos / Senators From The South Back Buhari On Inclusion Lag-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget / Imsg Set Committee To De-congest Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 9:36am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

And yet Nigeria's economy was almost crippled because some guys decided to blow pipelines. The same boys are receiving huge free salaries just to keep them from blowing the pipelines. No let FG hear you o.
LOL! I told you not to make me to laugh.

Many thanks to the swamp terrorists and our terrorist loving president.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 9:37am On May 18, 2011
@Justcash: Never claimed Lagos is my state. However, it is part of my zone, and part of Yorubaland. If you don't like that, unfortunate.

Regarding Ekiti vs Ebonyi, I don't think there is a single statistic Ebonyi is ahead in grin

Ekiti leads Ebonyi in the following (and you can look them up yourself):
1) Education rates (some of the best in southern Nigeria, period)
2) Literacy rates (same as above)
3) poverty rates
4) life expectancy (one of the highest in Nigeria)
5) GDP
6) GDP/capita,
7) HIV rates (one of the lowest in Nigeria, while Ebonyi and the SE zone have amongst the highest)

etc, etc. Not so bad for such a young state.

Anyways, that isnt really the point. . . Lagos is part of my homeland, so I can take pleasure in its accomplishments. If anybody doesn't like that, their problem, not mine.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 9:40am On May 18, 2011
[size=33pt]Poverty ti poju!
I deals wit cassava and I CLAIMS Lagos! . . .Becos shame wan kill me![/size]

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 9:41am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

And yet Nigeria's economy was almost crippled because some guys decided to blow pipelines. The same boys are receiving huge free salaries just to keep them from blowing the pipelines. No let FG hear you o.
LOL! I told you not to make me to laugh.

*shrug* It what it is. For every pipeline they blow, every foreign worker they kidnap, they cause another multi-national to decide to relocate out of the SS to Lagos  grin

Abeg, keep blowing up pipelines  grin
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 9:42am On May 18, 2011
[size=33pt]Happy we shall be! Lagos or nutin![/size]

[size=33pt]I shames of where I come from![/size]
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 9:43am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Justcash: Never claimed Lagos is my state. However, it is part of my zone, and part of Yorubaland. If you don't like that, unfortunate.

Regarding Ekiti vs Ebonyi, I don't think there is a single statistic Ebonyi is ahead in grin

3) poverty rates
5) GDP
6) GDP/capita,
7) HIV rates (one of the lowest in Nigeria, while Ebonyi and the SE zone have amongst the highest)

No offense man, but when last did you return to Nigeria? Really, I mean no insult. When last did you visit Nigeria?
Statistics is really different from realities. Statistics are from indicators, and available database. Over-reliance on statistics fakes up reality. Drowns practicality, and promotes theory. If you are depending on it, then you gat some real problems to handle when you meet the reality on ground.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Desola(f): 9:43am On May 18, 2011
What some of you fail to accept is that an Ekiti man, Ijebu man, Oyo man etc is seen first and foremost as a Yoruba son ans for that reason, he is allowed to lay claim to any part of the land. If a Yoruba Beninoise arrives in Lagos today, he would be looked upon more favourably than an Ibo man who has been in our midst for decades. The way we see it, a Yoruba is a Yoruba regardless of where Lord Luggage chose to place him.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 9:46am On May 18, 2011
@Justcash: I travel there once a year. Granted, I've not been to Ebonyi (or the SE zone period). But the guys who conducted these studies have. I have no real reason to doubt the results of say a life expectancy study, for example.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 9:46am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

No offense man, but when last did you return to Nigeria. Really, I mean no insult. When last did you visit Nigeria?
Statistics is really different from realities. Statistics are from indicators, and available database. Over-reliance on statistics fakes up reality. Drowns practicality, and promotes theory. If you are depending on it, then you gat some real problems to handle when you meet the reality on ground.

The fool only knows Nigeria from google (and I'm dead serious).
Where I come from, we call his type "born troway."
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 9:47am On May 18, 2011
The truth hurts and cut very deep. I challege any fool to come clean and point where my reasoning is fault.

Beaf you are scumbag! we all know that your stuupid brain and mouth lies around GEJ balls, so keep sucking. Mooron!

You are facing armies of the west NOT east where your pathetic boss will bleep by making one mooroonic deceptive comment. Foools go to the igbos with your mouth watering deception. Keep on celebrating mediocrity and cowards.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 9:48am On May 18, 2011
Desola:

What some of you fail to accept is that an Ekiti man, Ijebu man, Oyo man etc is seen first and foremost as a Yoruba son ans for that reason, he is allowed to lay claim to any part of the land. If a Yoruba Beninoise arrives in Lagos today, he would be looked upon more favourably than an Ibo man who has been in our midst for decades. The way we see it, a Yoruba is a Yoruba regardless of where Lord Luggage chose to place him.  

Case in point, this Buruji Kashamu fella grin grin grin

It is going to crack me up if this guy one day ends up governor of Ogun State tongue
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 9:48am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

*shrug* It what it is. For every pipeline they blow, every foreign worker they kidnap, they cause another multi-national to decide to relocate out of the SS to Lagos  grin

Abeg, keep blowing up pipelines
 grin

Now, that's funny,
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by macjive01: 9:48am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

3) poverty rates
5) GDP
6) GDP/capita,

Anyways, that isnt really the point. . . Lagos is part of my homeland, so I can take pleasure in its accomplishments. If anybody doesn't like that, their problem, not mine.

same way some white trailer park trash wud "take pleasure in the accomplishments" of her country on same breathe hating Jews despite the said accomplishments she relishes has a strong contribution from the Jews.

take a step back and re-exam your head dude. absolutely no need being anti-igbo .
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Desola(f): 9:49am On May 18, 2011
@Beaf, isn't your case that of the pot calling the kettle black? I asked you to tell us where you hail from and proclaim your state's achievements over that of Ekiti while bearing in mind that Ekiti is rlatively new and non oil producing but you have shied away from the question. Even with chips on their shoulders and their 'woe is me' attitude to life, the ibos still proudly beats their chests and declare who they think they are.

So, beaf, who are you or at least, who do you think you are?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by dustydee: 9:49am On May 18, 2011
I didn't see where SE was mentioned in that report.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 9:53am On May 18, 2011
Give it a rest people. This thread has derailed big time, all we will see is more spamming and insults.

Where the heck is the moderator?

Moderator!
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 9:56am On May 18, 2011
macjive01:

same way some white trailer park trash wud "take pleasure in the accomplishments" of her country at the breathe hating Jews despite the said accomplishments she relishes has a strong contribution from the Jews.

take a step back and re-exam your head dude. absolutely no need being anti-igbo .
I'm not anti-Igbo. I'm just against silly claims of someone claiming they "single handedly" developed my homeland. . . while their own homeland is a mess.

BTW. . . notice that Jews, they've developed Israel pretty well. So what is your own excuse, o thou Jews of Nigeria? grin

Jews of Nigeria, minus the talent, but with 2X the arrogance.

Just relax on the arrogance is all I am saying.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 9:57am On May 18, 2011
The low lifer is from Isoko, Delta state. A state that started exporting Pros*tution even with their crude oil, where a short ugly gov. Is ra*ping the hell out them their mooronic ar*s through a constant elections rigging. His case is such a pathetic one without any hope in sight.

mention GEJ's name in any thread and watch him attack you like brainless zombie. Mumu!

Desola:

@Beaf, isn't your case that of the pot calling the kettle black? I asked you to tell us where you hail from and proclaim your state's achievements over that of Ekiti while bearing in mind that Ekiti is rlatively new and non oil producing but you have shied away from the question. Even with chips on their shoulders and their 'woe is me' attitude to life, the ibos still proudly beats their chests and declare who they think they are.

So, beaf, who are you or at least, who do you think you are?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by EkoIle1: 9:58am On May 18, 2011
We know GEJ didn't say anything about the SE in the news article, but since it's a speech given by GEJ, it automatically applies to SE, it's all about lies and deception, just look at the title and read the article.

And if we call them liars now, den go dey vex and crying tribalism.

na wa for ibo people sha.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 9:58am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Justcash: I travel there once a year. Granted, I've not been to Ebonyi (or the SE zone period). But the guys who conducted these studies have. I have no real reason to doubt the results of say a life expectancy study, for example.

Statistics depends on "Significance", which on it's own is roughly mathematically calculated and is a rough estimate. Now, they pick samples, conduct experiments and assume that their findings are genuine, until a new research is conducted to disprove them. With the obvious lack of a sound database of Nigerians, one would wonder how they select their samples, and what indicators they used to assume and reach their findings?
Well, that aside, Ekiti is not in anyway more developed than Ebonyi state. Infrastructurally and otherwise. The string of pathetic leadership that have always led the state have not helped issues. That does not in anyway imply that Ebonyi is close to developed. It is the least developed out of all the SE states.  Ekiti to me is also the least developed in the SW if I have not ignored any state.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 10:01am On May 18, 2011
[size=33pt]I likes to claim Lagos, because a shaming of my wretched state which only produce goat and cassava.[/size]

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 10:04am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

Statistics depends on "Significance", which on it's own is roughly mathematically calculated and is a rough estimate. Now, they pick samples, conduct experiments and assume that their findings are genuine, until a new research is conducted to disprove them. With the obvious lack of a sound database of Nigerians, one would wonder how they select their samples, and what indicators they used to assume and reach their findings?
That isn't how this sort of statistical methodology works. You don't need a database. If you get sufficiently randomized and unbiased samples, it should accurately represent that of the population as a whole. This is pretty much a science, at this point.

And the studies weren't conducted by wuruwuru Nigerian organizations, but by international researchers.

I get your point about statistical significance. But for the AIDs stuff, life expectancy, and education levels, the gaps were huge. Probably statistically significant. . . I didn't read each study that carefully though.

Anyway, it is what it is. Believe what you like.

Well, that aside, Ekiti is not in anyway more developed than Ebonyi state. Infrastructurally and otherwise. The string of pathetic leadership that have always led the state have not helped issues. That does not in anyway imply that Ebonyi is close to developed. It is the least developed out of all the SE states.  Ekiti to me is also the least developed in the SW if I have not ignored any state. [/b]

Alright. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I suppose.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 10:05am On May 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

The low lifer is from Isoko, Delta state. A state that started exporting Pros*tution even with their crude oil, where a short ugly gov. Is ra*ping the hell out them their mooronic ar*s through a constant elections rigging. His case is such a pathetic one without any hope in sight.

mention GEJ's name in any thread and watch him attack you like brainless zombie. Mumu!

Bloody hunter.
Yeah, die of jealousy. I'm Isoko / Urhobo, from Warri with swag and owning you. cool
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by 1025: 10:06am On May 18, 2011
jonathan and his uncountable and unending promises. as hungry nigerians, we are ever ready to celebrate. even when the president coughs, we will run into the streets and start celebrating. with what jonathan has promised so far, nigeria in a waiting new japan then if u add the ones he will soon promise, we will become japan and america join together. all talks and no actions makes joe a talkative.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 10:10am On May 18, 2011
BTW, Justcash, if you have difficulty finding any of those studies I mentioned, I can link you to them. Their methodology appears standard and sound to me (I say this as someone who knows statistics pretty well, but is not an expert on this specific subarea they are using.)

With that said, educational levels, disease rates, life expectancy, etc don't necessarily mean that a state is more or less developed.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 10:12am On May 18, 2011
[size=33pt]I eating cassava!
My state is worthless in my low self esteemed eyes. . .
Na im make I de claim Lagos!
[/size]

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Desola(f): 10:13am On May 18, 2011
Lol, so Beaf is a half breed of Isoko/Urhobo. Now I undestand clearly. No further questions.

For a second, I was hoping he would be from the third majority ethnic group (Ijaw *wink*) but he's only an half and half of, I see why he couldn't come forward to boast of any achievements. Lol,
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 10:14am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

That isn't how this sort of statistical methodology works. You don't need a database. If you get sufficiently randomized and unbiased samples, it should accurately represent that of the population as a whole. This is pretty much a science, at this point.

And the studies weren't conducted by wuruwuru Nigerian organizations, but by international researchers.

I get your point about statistical significance. But for the AIDs stuff, life expectancy, and education levels, the gaps were huge. Probably statistically significant. . . I didn't read each study that carefully though.

I am interested in this your response.
I will like to know how one can RANDOMIZE without a prior DATABASE? How one can get the UNBIASED SAMPLE to represent a whole population without an idea of the database.  How can one determine the WHOLE POPULATION without a database?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Desola(f): 10:16am On May 18, 2011
Wasn't it reported at some point that a good chunk of the armed robbers in Lagos were of the Isoko extract?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 10:18am On May 18, 2011
Desola:

Lol, so Beaf is a half breed of Isoko/Urhobo. Now I undestand clearly. No further questions.

For a second, I was hoping he would be from the third majority ethnic group (Ijaw *wink*) but he's only an half and half of, I see why he couldn't come forward to boast of any achievements. Lol,

Did you grow up in the zoo or was it a misspent youth chasing after goats in a farmlike state? And now claim Lagos too, after a childhood of rampant cassava poisoning? LOLZZZ!!!!!!!
Whatever it is, its broken your brain.

Mongrel.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 10:19am On May 18, 2011
Mu he he! James 'bond' Ibori.

Can you give me some 'maggot'? Watch them eat maggots in Delta like horror films. Lmao!

Goto any where in Delta  to experience how scumdogs approach you with all sort of weird food to buy. Lmao!

Dude do you equally feed on rats? Lmao!

I guess Deltans have ruminant chambers and regurgitate. Lmao!

Beaf:

Bloody hunter.
Yeah, die of jealousy. I'm Isoko / Urhobo, from Warri with swag and owning you. cool
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 10:23am On May 18, 2011
[size=33pt]My village is too sad!
I will claim Lagos wit cassava![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Criticizes APC Budget For 2017 In New Tweets / Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies / Supreme Court Affirms Ali-Modu Sheriff As PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.