Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,651 members, 7,851,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan (17046 Views)

How To De Congest Lagos / Senators From The South Back Buhari On Inclusion Lag-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget / Imsg Set Committee To De-congest Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 10:24am On May 18, 2011
Justcash:

I am interested in your earlier response.
I will like to know how one can RANDOMIZE without a prior DATABASE? How one can get the SAMPLE to represent a whole population.  How can one determine the WHOLE POPULATION without a database?

I don't understand what you mean. If I have a population of N people and want to estimate the average height, I can randomly sample M individuals and get a pretty good approximation. Imagine N is 1 million, M is like 10,000.

I don't need a database for that.

If I want to figure out some gender/race/ethnicity related stuff, then I'll need to understand what the true %ges are to reweight my sample appropriately.

But this isn't so hard to do within one state, I think. We have a sense of the relative populations of LGAs. Of women versus men within a state. Etc.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 10:26am On May 18, 2011
[size=32pt] ose migwor!!! Do you need some maggots[/size] lmao!
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 10:27am On May 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Mu he he! James 'bond' Ibori.

Can you give me some 'maggot'? Watch them eat maggots in Delta like horror films. Lmao!

Goto any where in Delta  to experience how scumdogs approach you with all sort of weird food to buy. Lmao!

Dude do you equally feed on rats? Lmao!

I guess Deltans have ruminant chambers and regurgitate. Lmao!

[size=33pt]I found this picture of your childhood![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 10:28am On May 18, 2011
@Justcash: Here is the HIV/AIDs report, for example: http://naca.gov.ng/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/lang,en/

If you have any specific problem with their methodology (which they discuss in Chapter 3), then let me know.

But at least from the quick glance I gave it, it looks pretty standard.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Justcash(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

@Justcash: Here is the HIV/AIDs report, for example: http://naca.gov.ng/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/lang,en/

If you have any specific problem with their methodology (which they discuss in Chapter 3), then let me know.

But at least from the quick glance I gave it, it looks pretty standard.

Thanks.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 10:35am On May 18, 2011
Not a problem.

Sampling based stuff from Nigeria, I think it is probably going to be pretty accurate. . . it is a "what %ge of this state has X" sort of question.

But questions related to, "how populated is this state?", harder to say, I'm less willing to trust.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 10:37am On May 18, 2011
Am happy am making you loook sooooo stuupid for all to see. Lmao!
Dude why do you enjoy eating maggots? Are you a reptile? lol

Yo' this is Beaf the fooool that enjoy sucking GEJ balls.

Beaf:

[size=33pt]I found this picture of your childhood![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 10:43am On May 18, 2011
^-- They eat maggots? shocked

Do they eat cockroach too?

I called him one before, he probably took it as a compliment.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 10:55am On May 18, 2011
Yo' am not kiddin. They display all sorts of insect with pride along their major villages.

Just call the priest to start your funeral in your absential in case your car develop any fault between their villages. Lmao!

Majority of deltans develop a long molar and canine teeth like mini vampires due to their obsession with insects. Lmao!

I dare beaf to show us the Xray of his teeth.lol

ekt_bear:

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Desola(f): 11:05am On May 18, 2011
@Beaf, such strong words from you, why? Should I simply put it down to frustration and shame of not being born into a relevant ethnic group? I have watched you come to the defence of the ibos on this site, likewise your voltron work for goodluck. It was this reason that I began to ponder over your indegenity. I actually thought that you were relevant somehow, so, please forgive me for placing you higher than you really are, I mean, you are afterall a mere isoko breed.

I on the other hand, am an indegene of lagos state. I am omo Isale Eko, aromi sa legbe legbe. I am a true daughter of the soil. I'll also let you and others know that: A kii gba akata lowo akiti, a kii gba ile baba eni lowo eni. Awa la l'eko o,
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Desola(f): 11:06am On May 18, 2011
@Beaf, such strong words from you, why? Should I simply put it down to frustration and shame of not being born into a relevant ethnic group? I have watched you come to the defence of the ibos on this site, likewise your voltron work for goodluck. It was this reason that I began to ponder over your indegenity. I actually thought that you were relevant somehow, so, please forgive me for placing you higher than you really are, I mean, you are afterall a mere isoko breed.

I on the other hand, am an indegene of lagos state. I am omo Isale Eko, aromi sa legbe legbe. I am a true daughter of the soil. I'll also let you and others know that: A kii gba akata lowo akiti, a kii gba ile baba eni lowo eni. Awa la l'eko o,
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 11:08am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

[size=14pt]Ekt_bear: "I hate my state, because we only have goats and cassava; thats why I claim Lagos."[/size]

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Ngodigha: 11:13am On May 18, 2011
@BEAF:
Don't let those flies and one harlot (ashawo) rile you.
Death to bigots.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 11:14am On May 18, 2011
Desola:

Lol! What would you be without your ethnic group? I keep saying it that ALL ethnic bigots are driven by an inferioty complex (even Hitler). Its the longing to "belong." LOL!
I'm not shocked you are from Isale Eko, that area is rough. It explains your bush behaviour and inferiority complex.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 11:15am On May 18, 2011
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 11:16am On May 18, 2011
What type of animal eats maggots and cockroach? shocked

Explains so much
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Ngodigha: 11:18am On May 18, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! What would you be without your ethnic group? I keep saying it that ALL ethnic bigots are driven by an inferioty complex (even Hitler). Its the longing to "belong." LOL!
I'm not shocked you are from Isale Eko, that area is rough. It explains your bush behaviour and inferiority complex.
The same message I sent to that castrated woman the other day.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 11:19am On May 18, 2011
What other delicacies did you grow up eating?

Crickets too?

Grubs from the soil?

Are you some sort of lizard or reptile?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 11:20am On May 18, 2011
Which one of these did you have for breakfast today:

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Desola(f): 11:23am On May 18, 2011
@beaf, if inferiority complex is my excuse, what is yours?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 11:24am On May 18, 2011
[size=33pt]Ekt_bear: I claiming Lagos, because my state only produce this:[/size]

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 11:26am On May 18, 2011
Desola:

@beaf, if inferiority complex is my excuse, what is yours?

Swag. cool
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 11:27am On May 18, 2011
Heh. At least he is not denying eating cockroach.

How do you prepare them?

Raw? Fried? Sauteed?

Ground up?
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 11:31am On May 18, 2011
You all have lost it!

Where is this moderator?!
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 11:32am On May 18, 2011
Bawss1:

You all have lost it!

Where is this moderator?!

Relax. . . just some fun and games. A bit of entertainment never harmed anyone.
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Desola(f): 11:33am On May 18, 2011
@beaf, excuse me laugh. Swag? In a sub human such as the Isokos? But they wouldn't know how! Aren't you the same people that tie wrapper over singlet? No wonder you desperately want to be ibo, afterall you need their winter cap to keep warm after catching cold from being so under dressed. Hahaha, how was fish market today?

Sorry, you people no even get river sef. grin
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 11:37am On May 18, 2011
Mu he he!
Dude do you use chop stick? Today i eat maggots *gag*.

Beaf:

Swag. cool
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 11:38am On May 18, 2011
I have reported all of you trouble makers to the mod.  tongue
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by ektbear: 11:39am On May 18, 2011
I was wondering why this guy kept bringing up cassava. . . it isn't even one of the main crops the grown in my part of Ekiti.

Of course, I do a bit of investigation and find that this is the staple crop associated with his land:

The main economic activity is food crop farming. And the staple food crops include cassava and yams. There is also the widespread production of palm oil and palm kernels. Limited amount of hunting and fishing is also done. Women form a large proportion of the farming population. They also engage in trade of food crops for cash to meet other basic household needs. On market days, it is common to see Isoko women peddling their assorted goods around neighboring villages.
Cassava is the source of most of the foods consumed by the Isoko people. Garri, starch meal (Ozi), Egu are cassava derivatives.
Food crop production has been declining rapidly recently. This has been largely attributed to soil damage resulting from frequent crude oil spills from pipelines belonging to some of the major oil producing companies (including Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), whose pipeline network transverse the landscape). This has led to large-scale frustrations with Shell Petroleum Development Company, and has resulted in skirmishes and, recently, kidnappings for ransom in some neighboring communities.

No wonder he is fascinated with cassava. . . it is a staple of his people.

Na wa o. Cassava muncher, indeed grin
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 11:41am On May 18, 2011
Thanx scubby doo!

Bawss1:

I have reported all of you trouble makers to the mod.  tongue
Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Beaf: 11:43am On May 18, 2011

Re: There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 11:46am On May 18, 2011
Thats right! . . .Insects and maggots the source of their protien!
lol

You wonder why mucur is always pouring out of beaf's brain abi? grin grin grin

ekt_bear:

I was wondering why this guy kept bringing up cassava. . . it isn't even one of the main crops the grown in my part of Ekiti.

Of course, I do a bit of investigation and find that this is the staple crop associated with his land:
No wonder he is fascinated with cassava. . . it is a staple of his people.

Na wa o. Cassava muncher, indeed grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Open Letter To President GEJ: Pls Call Abia Governor, Orji To Order / Part Of Buhari's Medical Report Leaked. See Photos / I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.