Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes (12694 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by igboboy1(m): 3:52am On May 22, 2011
These pastors all have one thing in common shocked shocked
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by Nobody: 9:16am On May 22, 2011
[size=30pt]Pastor Sam Adeyemi Doesn't have a private jet[/size]
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by harakiri(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2011
The more i read comments on nairaland, the scarier i get 4 the future of 9ja. A lot of our people are sooo daft that it makes the blood curdle. Imagine people defending these pastors with statements like "DID THEY PUT A GUN TO ANYONE'S HEAD TO OBTAIN MONEY?". And i wonder if they could say the same about fraudsters and govt looters who steal WITHOUT guns. I have repeatedly said this : "THE DAY PEOPLE START USING THEIR BRAINS IN RELIGIOUS MATTERS, THAT WOULD BE THE DAY RELIGION CEASES TO EXIST!". Nuff said.
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by HighChief4(m): 2:56pm On May 22, 2011
^^^Bless you
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by sley4life(m): 7:28pm On May 22, 2011
so called men of God in criminal clothing
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by vislabraye(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2011
That amount is humungous. We've not even counted the ones bank CEO has. Nigeria is in deed very rich. . and fraudsters keep in creasing by the day.
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by spikyn: 3:38pm On May 23, 2011
Many commendations to all.

Points to note:

- First off, the article is off a blog (Mfonobong Nsehe's to be exact) hosted by Forbes and was/is not a news item listed by the reporting arm. ( http://blogs.forbes.com/mfonobongnsehe/2011/05/17/wealthy-nigerians-pastors-spend-225-million-on-private-jets/ )

- The source of Mfonobong Nsehe's blog entry is a Punch Nigeria article ( http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201105163222837 ) . This article (from PunchNG) was a news item and it only lists 1 Minister/Clergyman (David Oyedepo) (i.e. the blogger took it upon himself to add the E.A. Adeboye and Sam Adeyemi)

- Corruption in religion is neither new nor news. Human institutions have been rife with them since the dawn of recorded history and definitely even before.

- If we took the time to check the source material of most thing considered news, we'd find that most tend to be opinions or diatribes. Holding an opinion is fine, encouraged even, but truth built off invalidated facts do no make a viable platform for a reasoned arguments.

I highlight these to underline that it's okay to rail against exploitation/fraud but let's base it off valid information/news lest our arguments be built off falsities that nullify valid/genuine rational thought.
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by HARDDON: 3:39pm On May 23, 2011
Go Nigerians! Go Men of God,,,,, must we be poor cos we are Christians?! Nah! I am looking for more Jet owners! and very soon, i Wud deploy one of dem advanced B birds, FOrbes? bite your hands for all i kare!
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by AjanleKoko: 6:02pm On May 23, 2011
spikyn:

Points to note:

- First off, the article is off a blog (Mfonobong Nsehe's to be exact) hosted by Forbes and was/is not a news item listed by the reporting arm. ( http://blogs.forbes.com/mfonobongnsehe/2011/05/17/wealthy-nigerians-pastors-spend-225-million-on-private-jets/ )

- The source of Mfonobong Nsehe's blog entry is a Punch Nigeria article ( http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201105163222837 ) . This article (from PunchNG) was a news item and it only lists 1 Minister/Clergyman (David Oyedepo) (i.e. the blogger took it upon himself to add the E.A. Adeboye and Sam Adeyemi)

- Corruption in religion is neither new nor news. Human institutions have been rife with them since the dawn of recorded history and definitely even before.

- If we took the time to check the source material of most thing considered news, we'd find that most tend to be opinions or diatribes. Holding an opinion is fine, encouraged even, but truth built off invalidated facts do no make a viable platform for a reasoned arguments.

I highlight these to underline that it's okay to rail against exploitation/fraud but let's base it off valid information/news lest our arguments be built off falsities that nullify valid/genuine rational thought.

Thank you very much for your rational and sensible observations.
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by JeSoul(f): 9:13pm On May 23, 2011
Is that Spikyn I see? Long time, how now?

spikyn:

Points to note:

Abeg jor . . . stop letting the facts get in the way of a juicy story cheesy

mydreamz:

[size=30pt]Pastor Sam Adeyemi Doesn't have a private jet,
Yet. [/size]
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by igboboy1(m): 5:46am On May 24, 2011
By their tiger marks we shall know them, tear tear face of the same mark flock together shocked shocked
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by spikyn: 10:44am On May 24, 2011
JeSoul! Hiya,
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by adeban01(m): 3:51pm On May 24, 2011
It is very unfortunate that a poor country like Nigeria with a population of 150 million people has no more than 10 aircrafts in its presidential fleet,yet a pastor has 4 private jets as in his ministry of GOD.Whe the missionaries were here education was more or less free of charge but now you have to pay through the nose to go to a churched owned university.The poor congregation keeps praying and hoping and give the little they have to the church while the man of God lives in luxury.who wants to be like Jesus?Did i hear someone say thou shall not judge
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by HighChief4(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2011
adeban01:

It is very unfortunate that a poor country like Nigeria with a population of 150 million people has no more than 10 aircrafts in its presidential fleet,yet a pastor has 4 private jets as in his ministry of GOD.Whe the missionaries were here education was more or less free of charge but now you have to pay through the nose to go to a churched owned university.The poor congregation keeps praying and hoping and give the little they have to the church while the man of God lives in luxury.who wants to be like Jesus?Did i hear someone say thou shall not judge

The bolded is one of their weapons to blind their unsuspecting masses. It is so painful that people still give their money to these thieves
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by 9jafetish(f): 10:24am On May 25, 2011
seee you 9jas are more richer then us ghanians
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by igboboy1(m): 3:55am On May 28, 2011
After cobhams, banky w and that hungry guy will be opening their mouth singing "MAGA NO NEED PAY', eff that maga need pay, All those magas(A.K.A the congregation of these pastors) need to pay up wella, Una think say na beans pie to ride on G6's and stuff like that?
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by Lobolintin(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
JeSoul: Gbam. Finito.

My brother they tell us they're "spreading the gospel" . . . one can only laugh. They're travelling to London, Switzerland, US etc . . . They're going to 'spread the gospel' to the same 'people' who brought us the gospel in the first place. Imagine Chuks in computer village in Lagos going to Silicon Valley in California to spread the good news of the new intel operating system.
abeg Op close diz trend,diz guy don sumarisd am finish...
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by bigmaut: 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
Knight1: why do people think like this now? undecided
Does anyone think that if Oyedepo or any of the pastors pass on, the jets will be transfered to their offsprings?
its just like saying the president purchases jets and then it's at the expense of tax payers. yes it is but the jets belong to the office and not the individuals!!!

this is not to say i support the flamboyant lifestyle of some of them preachers, but this is just my 2 cents!
This ignoramus never know that when they pass on their wives or sons took over i will give a life example late bishop idahosa pass on his wife took over his estates & sheep(s).
Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by Degis(m): 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
GODSON2009: i am a christian but there are some things that cant be defended,men of GOD do not need private jets to propagate the gospel,i was suprised the day i learnt warren buffet one of the richest men in the world who owns substancial shares in net jet manufacturers of airplanes,jets yet he doesnt have his own private jet, the money will go a long way in setting up soup kitchesns,subsidised healthcare for church members and as other sources of welfare

Yeye dey smell. Warren Bufett owns a Jet. You Liar

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewstibbe/2011/09/22/warren-buffeett-jet/

1 Like

Re: Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes by Degis(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
GODSON2009:
except a large percentage of those people/worshippers/congregation are crying and dying of hunger and want,forbes knows there are rich nigerians but they are ridiculing and making fun of our ignorant display of wealth

that is hardly in the same context though is it?
4 private jet worth in excess of like 60/70 million dollars compared to an expensive phone,besides i can buy an expensive phone cause people around me my family and friends are not going hungry so i am morally justified can the MOGs say the same?

You are a demon!. If you accuse MOG of having Jets then you should also sell your BBs and buy Techno Chinese version and give the balance to the poor. Hypocrite y'all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / Tithing: Are You Meant To Eat Your Tithe? (Scriptural discussion) / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.