Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (21989 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction / The Funny Thing About This Bonny/Opobo Argument / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 11:21am On Aug 19, 2021
WorWorBoy:
Umu Okrika is found in imo state mbaise if i'm not mistaken, translated to English which means children of Okrika(how they get there is a discussion for another day). There's nothing like Umu Okrika in Rivers state, what we have here is Okrika.
As for the names, Okrika people don't bear Azumiri, Utazi as etc names, undecided rather we bear names like Boma, Nengi, Belema, Tonye, Tamuno and so on.
Any Okrikan bearing igbo names have igbo root (maybe his or her mother or father is from igbo), as Okrikans don't bear igbo names to begin with. undecided

What is the origin of Okrika and socio-political structure prior colonial.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:21am On Aug 19, 2021
IDENNAA:

Cc.Captain8

Sorry , Wabara has no meaning in Ijaw. I am from far away Anambra and I know the meaning because I have seen a variant of the name.

I have noticed something synonymous with you Ijaws on Nairaland; you never argue with facts , but usually resort to name calling. Why cant you lots present facts to the argument ? Is it because you know you are totally wrong and just chasing shadows.

I am not too conversant with the region is discuss but from paying attention and reading many aged texts centered around the region I apply the principles of migration, which clearly shows (and any discerning mind can see this) that the area in question covering Ngwa , Ndoki and Ibani/Opobo are chiefly inhabited by the same Igbo stock with trickling Ijaw migration who have been absorbed by the majority Igbo group.

Using a related scenario in the case of Agbor or Ukwuani ;
oya go and tell ndoki people to denounced their Ijawness na
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2021
Idiko1:

Your guess is as good as mine. Only dumbass bunkers think unique people on earth cause chaos everywhere they have been. In the neck of my wood, the people with structured thought process seemed to love Igbo people. Names have been change to the unique and meaningful names of Igbo. grin grin grin

If the Igbo aren't highly intelligent then we wouldn't be well travelled all over the world and achieved great success and still maintain good relationship with our host communities.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
Which Ndoki person have ever said that he is Ijaw?
It would have been reasonable if it is the other way round.
Why is Ijaw not included in ethnicity of Abia if they are part of humongous Asa/Ndoki clan which is more than 1/7th of Abia?
You want to tell me that Ndigbo hid a whole elephant like Ndoki

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
guy you be mumu aswear....

ngime is piece of rapper tied during wrestling

This is funny. Ijaw in the same sentence with wrestling. I spent years while very green to attended Rivers State wrestling contest. To the best of my recollection, Ijaw have not won wrestling contest in Rivers State. By the way, it will amount to blackmail if the boat people win a wrestling contest in Rivers State. It takes land to horn wrestling skills not swamp. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

So somebody will start naming his kid that?
Mtcheww, Wabara = Nwagbara = Child of the gods/spirit
that show a lot again that our wabara is different from your wangbara.....

wobara is a beautiful name "our own"...... thats a name i will called my child
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:

I want facts that shows they have stopped being Igbo....facts my Nigga not hearsay!

I am still waiting for you to give the meaning of Wabara.

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 11:28am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:

Nkọgheri.
Type Nwagbara and see the result of hundreds of thousands bearing it.
Infact all the Nwagbara in Igboland outnumber the entire Ijaw population

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2021
Idiko1:

This is funny. Ijaw in the same sentence with wrestling. I spent years while very green attended Rivers State wrestling contest. To the best of my recollection, Ijaw have not won wrestling contest in Rivers State. By the way, it will amount to blackmail if the boat people win a wrestling contest in Rivers State. It takes land to horn wrestling skills not swamp. grin grin
shut up... but Ijaws dominate nigeria wrestling federation winning lots of laurels for the nation.....

Ijaw men and women are the one nigeria uses for olympic......
Ijaws are born with power...we dont train before we wrestle...

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 11:32am On Aug 19, 2021
IDENNAA:

I want facts that shows they have stopped being Igbo....facts my Nigga not hearsay!

It is only in Nairaland that we will hear that there is Ijaw in Abia state when we are still fighting to recover Igbo lands from Rivers and Bayelsa.
Ijaw that is not recognised in Abia. Ijaw that nobody in Abia have ever heard of or know what their language sounds like.
The other two ethnic groups in Abia (Annang and Ibibio) that is not up to 2% is recognised but one swamp toad here is telling us that more than 1/7 of Abia state (Ndoki) is Ijaw and it is only him and some mysterious people that know about it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 11:33am On Aug 19, 2021
Idiko1:

This is funny. Ijaw in the same sentence with wrestling. I spent years while very green to attended Rivers State wrestling contest. To the best of my recollection, Ijaw have not won wrestling contest in Rivers State. By the way, it will amount to blackmail if the boat people win a wrestling contest in Rivers State. It takes land to horn wrestling skills not swamp. grin grin
There is nothing we won't see in Nairaland

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:33am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Nkọgheri.
people of fallacy.....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 11:33am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
shut up... but Ijaws dominate nigeria wrestling federation winning lots of laurels for the nation.....

Is Nigerias wrestling done inside water? because I am not understanding

6 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 11:34am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Who says "gaji"?
What does that even mean?
Swamp toad, speak for yourself. Stop impersonating Ndigbo.
No be only Gaji, na kaji kaji.
And most importantly, when talking about linguistics use Ijaw not Igbo Okirika

Bro, Captain Ogogoro is full of it.

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 11:35am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:

Shut the hell up , you lying bbasttard...Its Wabara not Wobara.

Agbala/Agbara is the spirit of fertility which (especially the northern Igbo) is usually an appendage to a woman with progeny. My mother's greeting name is Agbala n'udia. You do hear names like Agbala nwanyi , Agbalanze etc.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:37am On Aug 19, 2021
IDENNAA:

am tired of giving this same meaning over and over na....abbah!!... wetin.?

in my dialect in delta say wobara.... and that wobara mean many things eg
our own..
our turn..
look like us.. etc
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:39am On Aug 19, 2021
IDENNAA:

Agbala/Agbara is the spirit of fertility which (especially the northern Igbo) is usually an appendage to a woman with progeny. My mother's greeting name is Agbala n'udia. You do hear names like Agbala nwanyi , Agbalanze etc.
guy read through my comments well you will be fine
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 11:40am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Nkọgheri.

He said it's "wobara" , so , to give him the benefits of the doubt I decided to type wobara on FB and not a single person bears that ffucking name...lmao

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 11:40am On Aug 19, 2021
IDENNAA:

Nna, Southern Igboland call it "Agbara" and they incorporate it in most things of their life. From exclamation to name etc

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 11:42am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
am tired of giving this same meaning over and over na....abbah!!... wetin.?

in my dialect in delta say wobara.... and that wobara mean many things eg
our own..
our turn..
look like us.. etc

"Wobara" is not a name to begin with. You know we still have internet. Again , understand you are up against the Igbo....bring your best game because you are not cutting it!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2021
IDENNAA:

He said it's "wobara" , so , to give him the benefits of the doubt I decided to type wobara on FB and not a single person bears that ffucking name...lmao

Lol. You even tried by checking what a drunk said on Facebook.
All the things he wrote their is just nonsense, including the one on words starting with "ng"
Swamp people can be very funny sha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:42am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Is Nigerias wrestling done inside water? because I am not understanding
go check all nigeria wrestlers and confirmed yourself..... only one igbo man mixed them the rest are ijaws....
I single handedly brought lots of pride to nigeria in wrestling competition at olympics
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 11:43am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Nna, Southern Igboland call it "Agbara" and they incorporate it in most things of their life. From exclamation to name etc

I know that but I wanted to narrow it down to a familiar instance...daalu

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
go check all nigeria wrestlers and confirmed yourself..... only one igbo man mixed them the rest are ijaws....
I single handedly brought lots of pride to nigeria in wrestling competition at olympics

What is the value of such pride in terms of naira and kobo

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 19, 2021
Idiko1:

I guess it takes one useless thief to recognize another. By the way, the colors on your silly flag of Republic of Igboland had no significance in Igbo mythology.

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:45am On Aug 19, 2021
IDENNAA:

"Wobara" is not a name to begin with. You know we still have internet. Again , understand you are up against the Igbo....bring your best game because you are not cutting it!
mumu... i gave you almost 6meanings of wobara and you still mumuring with your cocaine mouth....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 11:45am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Lol. You even tried by checking what a drunk said on Facebook.
All the things he wrote their is just nonsense, including the one on words starting with "ng"
Swamp people can be very funny sha

Sorry , but I am beginning to believe Ijaw arent so smart...I could be wrong , still. I have encountered a lot of them and I am not very impressed. The two I met overseas didn't help, either.

4 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 11:47am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:

I am not sure if Blessing Oborududu is Ijaw or Urhobo. However she adequately represented the shithole called Nigeria. I loved her wits but was outsmarted by a Ghanaian-American named Tamyra Mensah-Stock in the final contest. However, if she is Ijaw, it is a century thing. The only names in power wrestling out of Nigeria were "Power Mike" and "Ben Lion Heart". Both men were Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:

Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 11:48am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
mumu... i gave you almost 6meanings of wobara and you still mumuring with your cocaine mouth....

You have nothing more to say , fraud!! You have been dragged and busted. You attempted to claim the name Wabara but we know more. Scram!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
@emboldened, you go just wake up from your Ogogoro slumber, type one nonsense and go back to sleep.
Who do you think you are? Kiliwee Nwa Chukwu or what?
Ogogoro highness sha
Better minimise the amount you take now that you can still read

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:49am On Aug 19, 2021
Idiko1:

Are you sane at all? Wabara in Ngwa-Asa-Ndoki lexicon is Nwagbara in central Igbo lexicon. It was the same Nwagbarie who was original founder of what is known today as Kalabari. Mazi Adolphus Wabara hails from Oza/Umunteke axis of Ukwa East LGA,
cocaine talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

Riot In Onitsha? / Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage / Denying Tinubu’s Works In Lagos As Governor Is Plain Hatred — Comedian Seyilaw

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.