Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (21954 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction / The Funny Thing About This Bonny/Opobo Argument / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2021
Captain8:
oyigbo is local government to occupied Ijaws ndokis and Igbos

ukwa East is ndoki. Akwette the famous cloth weavers are ndoki. Are you now saying that they are ijaws

you see, you guys can't claim the ndoki (especially the part in Abia state) because they are Igbo and have never denied it.

The ijaws are laying claim to ndoki because that will give credit to their claims on the ibani (bonny and opobo). ndoki and ibani are related but you see, there is a third leg to that tripod- the Ngwa.

Adolphus wabara , one time senate president of Nigeria was an ndoki man from ukwa East Abia state. He identified as Igbo and till date never claimed to be ijaw . You ijaw history revisionist seem to forget this particular "son of yours" whenever you begin claiming the ndokis

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2021
eduj:

ukwa East is ndoki. Akwette the famous cloth weavers are ndoki. Are you now saying that they are ijaws

you see, you guys can't claim the ndoki (especially the part in Abia state) because they are Igbo and have never denied it.

The ijaws are laying claim to ndoki because that will give credit to their claims on the ibani (bonny and opobo). ndoki and ibani are related but you see, there is a third leg to that tripod- the Ngwa.

Adolphus wabara , one time senate president of Nigeria was an ndoki man from ukwa East Abia state. He identified as Igbo and till date never claimed to be ijaw . You ijaw history revisionist seem to forget this particular "son of yours" whenever you begin claiming the ndokis
my guy...stop typing nonsenses here abeg.... oya go sleep...
ndokis are pure Ijaws...what is wrong with you people sef..?
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2021
Captain8:

you're resorting to fallacies now, don't dodge the issue and let's reason like educated minds.

rebut my assertions with facts please.

1) you claim that ndokis are ijaw.

The ukwa East lga in Abia state is made up of ndokis, Nigeria's former senate president Adolphus wabara is from ukwa East and hence an ndoki man. Adolphus have never claimed being ijaw, and you ijaws have never claimed him , so what I want to understand is why peeps like you will have us believe that the ndokis in obigbo are now ijaw ? or that there relatives in opobo and bonny are now ijaw?

2). you claim that Igbo is a borrowed language to the ndoki.

the ndokis speak ndoki a dielect of Igbo, just like I speak Ngwa which is still a dielect of Igbo. There is no two languages spoken by the ndoki.

But let's agree to disagree , why are the ndokis naming there sons and daughters in a borrowed language ?

Adolphus wabara past senate president

Prof. Maxwell Ogbulu - vice chancellor Abia state university

Asiforo Okere - pdp chairman Abia

Hon. Prince Gerald Oforji - former obigbo lga chairman

All these are Igbo surnames, whatever happened to there original language names ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Karanka: 11:18pm On Aug 18, 2021
theTranslator:
lol
eboes that were naked before the white man

don't let me disgrace you here ocheesy
n'di baby factories

I am not going to engage you on this. You are Ijaw and should be licking the very ground the least Igbo steps on with gratitude. It's only in Nigeria that you'd hear an Ijaw man mentioning Ijaw in the same sentence with Igbo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Liebermantic: 11:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
Captain8:
maybe...if it is so, then it because am speaking my dialect from far western delta or ondo.... but yet i still can understand 30% of ndoki words....

if an ndoki man speak, Igbo will not understand even 1%........if ndoki man speak Ijaw man will understand 50%.....
This is a lie..Ndoki dialect is similar to most Igbo dialects in Abia state...No Igbo dialect is harder than Izzi,Ezza,Ezamgbo and Ohaozara..
Ndoki dialect is mutually intelligible to other Igbo dialects..
What does Ubani mean in Ijaw and I will tell you what it means in Ndoki?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Eastlink(m): 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2021
SaintBishop:
That Eastlink is not from Etche ooo, etche people don't even call themselve igbo, they go by the name Etche ethnic nationality. Don't allow that igbo clown eastlink to fool you.
For you to ascribe Etche as my community means you drank to stupor this evening. An Nwafor Egbema will take that as an insult. Now check up my profile to see where I rep. I rep Okwuzi, a capacity Rivers man and won't claim what I'm not, just like you migrants who constitute the homeless batcha guys in P/H. I know you want to win argument and simply playing the old trick but you just failed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by SaintBishop: 12:08am On Aug 19, 2021
Eastlink:
For you to ascribe Etche as my community means you drank to stupor this evening. An Nwafor Egbema will take that as an insult. Now check up my profile to see where I rep. I rep Okwuzi, a capacity Rivers man and won't claim what I'm not, just like you migrants who constitute the homeless batcha guys in P/H. I know you want to win argument and simply playing the old trick but you just failed.
See mumu you no be Etche man again? grin May thunder fire your mouth dia, because i got screenshot of you screaming how you are from Etche and you are igbo, now that i've bust your lying pig head you don they change narrative. See mr igbo man,tell your rubbish to the birds i'm not intrested.
And lastly we ijaws are not going to allow you igbos land grabbers to steal the ijaws land in Rivers state that will never happen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by LadySarah: 1:11am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:

Smh
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BlackSaints: 1:30am On Aug 19, 2021
Allen102:
Mr man Okrika people are ijaw people, i don't appreciate you mentioning my people in your bullshit stop it! You claim to be from etche or whatever so focus on it. No sane wakirike person will deny being ijaw.
I don't understand his obession with Okrika people.Mr Eastlink Okrika people are ijaws stop forcing your opinion on us, stop dragging us into your unproductive and fruitless battles, allow us be. It is not in your place to tell us where we belong.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Eastlink(m): 1:35am On Aug 19, 2021
SaintBishop:
[s]See mumu you no be Etche man again? grin May thunder fire your mouth dia, because i got screenshot of you screaming how you are from Etche and you are igbo, now that i've bust your lying pig head you don they change narrative. See mr igbo man,tell your rubbish to the birds i'm not intrested.
And lastly we ijaws are not going to allow you igbos land grabbers to steal the ijaws land in Rivers state that will never happen[/s].
Crap

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Eastlink(m): 1:36am On Aug 19, 2021
BlackSaints:
I don't understand his obession with Okrika people.Mr Eastlink Okrika people are ijaws stop forcing your opinion on us, stop dragging us into your unproductive and fruitless battles, allow us be. It is not in your place to tell us where we belong.
Another rants from a Bayelsa Izonkeme. Did I drag Okrika with you? Your Delta Izon brother came here to brag, only to go to Wakrike Facebook page to be disgraced. Dude was speechless and has not recovered from that shock ever since. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BlackSaints: 1:55am On Aug 19, 2021
Eastlink:
Another rants from a Bayelsa Izonkeme. Did I drag Okrika with you? Your Delta Izon brother came here to brag, only to go to Wakrike Facebook page to be disgraced. Dude was speechless and has not recovered from that shock ever since. grin
You keep repeating the same thing over and over again, but skip the part where the same Okrika people defend Boro against Ojukwu and insults igbos for adding them into their biafra. Let me tell you something, no sane Okrika man will dream of sharing a country with igbos, we are tired of the ikwerres already not to talk of you igbos who are very toxic, the Okrika man see the ijaw man as his brother not igbos allow us be habeg.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Allen102: 2:03am On Aug 19, 2021
BlackSaints:
You keep repeating the same thing over and over again, but skip the part where the same Okrika people defend Boro against Ojukwu and insults igbos for adding them into their biafra. Let me tell you something, no sane Okrika man will dream of sharing a country with igbos, we are tired of the ikwerres already not to talk of you igbos who are very toxic, the Okrika man see the ijaw man as his brother not igbos allow us be habeg.
That dude is not from Rivers state, you can tell from his comment
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BlackSaints: 2:10am On Aug 19, 2021
Allen102:
That dude is not from Rivers state, you can tell from his comment
I don't care where he is from, he should just remove Okrika from his lips habeg!
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Eastlink(m): 2:17am On Aug 19, 2021
BlackSaints:
Whether Okrika identify as Ijaws is no concern of mine. Okrika choose to identify as Ijaws because of how favourable the Ijaw-dominated old Rivers state was towards them. I will do likewise if I’m in their shoes. Aside from Melford Okilo who was our first civilian Governor, Ada George an Okirka man was voted as Governor in 1992. So I’m not surprised Okrika embraced the Ijaw identity unlike Kalabari whose benefit was minimal and had to bite your hands off when you lots added them to Bayelsa.

However, the bone of contention in this case is how your brother bragged about the Okrika Ijaw identity only to go to Wakrike Facebook group to get blasted. I bet he never expected it. Well, times have changed and every tribe want to find their own path.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Eastlink(m): 2:22am On Aug 19, 2021
Allen102:
[s]That dude is not from Rivers state, you can tell from his comment[/s]
Crap. Funny clowns.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:29am On Aug 19, 2021
Karanka:

n'di baby factories
I am not going to engage you on this. You are Ijaw and should be licking the very ground the least Igbo steps on with gratitude. It's only in Nigeria that you'd hear an Ijaw man mentioning Ijaw in the same sentence with Igbo.

That fool is Yoruba!

Dude will take sides with Lucifer himself if it meant going against Igbos! His hatred is unadultrated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 2:41am On Aug 19, 2021
theTranslator:
answer the question and stop being dumb

Eboe mythology my left foot cheesy

Eboe get history?

Only dumbass fools want answer to every question. If Igbo mythology is your silly foot, why posing question about issue of your dirty foot? You make Nigeria a basket of fools. You might equally pose a question on issue about your dirty finger too. What a dumbass.
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:53am On Aug 19, 2021
BlackSaints:

You Ijaws are quite funny and so obvious in your expansionist bid! As you tell it, you own all the coast from Akwa-Ibom to Ondo! shocked

What's at play here is the result of the collusion you went into with your Fulani masters to try and deny Igbos access to the sea! You engaged in a lot of scheming and subterfuge to steal Igbo properties and land from the late 60s to early 70s, and you were emboldened to do what you did because your Fulani masters had your back!

Pre the uncivil war, i doubt the Opobo, Bonny and Okrika identified solely as Ijaw or Igbo. I feel they were more of city states in their own right (kinda like Monaco or The Vatican)...independent of both the Igbo and Ijaw, though having been influenced by both ethnicities! But with the coming of the uncivil war and the attempts to shrink Igbo territory as well as deny us a littoral status, you went for broke and charged full-steam ahead to 'Ijawnise' these city-states....especially Opobo, because you and your Nigerian masters looked at the map and saw Igboland had access to the sea via Opobo! smiley

6 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by OfoIgbo: 3:20am On Aug 19, 2021
RobbStark:

Great Ibo my black asss.
Can't continue with you and your petty talks

Just so you know, your rant ends here no where else.

Good nite.

It doesn't really end here. The biggest political juggernaut in Opobo thinks he is Igbo. What this means is that elements of Opobo high and mighty in both the traditional and political leadership recognize their Igbo ancestry. Igbos of Opobo, Ubani and upland may vote for him and crown him the governor, one of these days. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by OfoIgbo: 3:37am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
ofoigbo come and tell this your ignorant brother to go sleep......
he know nothing about ndoki...... he think the adopted igbo language ndokis currently speaking is that their ndoki language..... please teach him well before he come to public like this with just ill informed story.....

my guy the ndokis are speaking two languages...one is their ndoki language and the other is just a borrowed igbo language......

Ndoki is just a dialect of Igbo. Everything an Ndoki man says in Ndoki dialect, every Igbo man understands.

The Igbo Bible was first written in Ubani Igbo dialect, which borrows a lot from Ndoki dialect. This is because it was understood by every Igbo person.

Adolphus Wabara who was a former senate President, is an Ndoki-Igbo man, who represented the SE.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Setup A Negotiation Team Before August 1st - Edwin Clark Warns FG / In Lagos Civil Service, Goodbye ‘hard-work’ / Buratai, Olonisakin, Ex-Service Chiefs To Forfeit Salaries As Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.