Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (21941 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction / The Funny Thing About This Bonny/Opobo Argument / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by SaintBishop: 9:29am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

When the time for Okirika issue comes you will know.
You will know why your ashanti and kyrio ancestors maintained guarding ports instead of accompanying their British masters to Igbo hinterland.
When the time comes you will know.
Swamp toad
Which Okrika people? This one? grin grin

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 9:30am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
shut up cocaine sniffer. ... there is nothing like obi nonsense in rivers state...rivers state only have oyigbo

I guess it takes one useless cocaine sniffer to recognize another on a forum. Above says much about your character which is reflected on the growth of the shithole called Nigeria. When Obigbo was ceded to Rivers State in 1976 draconian boundary adjustment, the community existed before the birth of so-called Rivers State in 1967. When Obigbo existed as a functional community, Rivers State was a pipe dream of northern and western regional elites of the shithole called Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 9:30am On Aug 19, 2021
SaintBishop:
See mumu wey they talk are you igbos humans? You are nothing but a vauless monkey, that is why wike kill you all in oyigbo without thinking twice.
Don't take credit for Ikwerre stupidity so that you won't add more luggage to the one you people are about to be made to carry.
Better stay your own side and allow Ikwerre wait for their returning leg.

Swamp toad

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 9:33am On Aug 19, 2021
SaintBishop:
Which Okrka people? This one? grin grin
You swamp toads really have a flair for using your own rants as evidence for argument.
Well what do I expect from people that include Ogogoro as part of their daily diet.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 9:36am On Aug 19, 2021
SaintBishop:
Which Okrka people? This one? grin grin

The list of names of the so-called responders do not sound or look like indigenous Nigerian names. They sound and look like names from Akwapim-Togo region mixed with English, Filipino and Indian. There goes the so-called Ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by WorWorBoy: 9:36am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Nkọgheri.
Its like you don't understand what we are telling you.
You don't have land and the way the British took it from us and gave you some will be the way we will take it back especially Okirika and Abonema.
If Bini and Urhobo like, they can allow you people stay in theirs but for us, land it sacred and we are not leaving anything in the hands of swamp toads
Lol It is obvious, you know nothing about my people! I Pity you sha.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by WorWorBoy: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2021
Idiko1:

The list of names of the so-called responders do not sound or look like indigenous Nigerian names. They sound and look like names from Akwapim-Togo region mixed with English, Filipino and Indian. There goes the so-called Ijaw.
Those names are Okrikan names. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 9:41am On Aug 19, 2021
WorWorBoy:
Lol It is obvious, you know nothing about my people! I Pity you sha.
How many people know your true ancestors here apart from me and some of my Igbo colleagues here?
I told you guys that the day you people carry your nonsense to Igbo territory will be the day we expose all of you.
Just like Ooni of Ife said "Ndigbo are the oldest in Southern Nigeria" so any Igbo man that stays close to our old people will know everything about all of you.
Hoe many Nigerians know that there was an ethnic group known as "Oru" in southern Nigeria?
The same people you Ashanti and Krio people are occupying their land and trying to steal their identity.

4 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2021
Idiko1:

Ijaw are not originally from Southern Nigeria that's why they have nothing in common with any group in South.
Even seclusive Bini share a lot of things with Esan, Urhobo, Yoruba and Itsekiri but Ijaw share nothing with anybody.
They are descendants of mostly Ashanti and Krio people of Ghana and Sierra Leone respectively that the British forced into the British invading force they used to invade southern Nigeria. After the invasion, the British made them to guard the ports of Warri, Ubani, Badagry etc. After the British invasion, the Ijaws settled their and started claiming ownership over those ports thats why some Nigerians that don't know history mistakenly think that they are just water people not knowing that were just British port gatemen
Google krio people and see all the Ijaw Customs, language and most especially war canoes with them.

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by WorWorBoy: 10:00am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

How many people know your true ancestors here apart from me and some of my Igbo colleagues here?
I told you guys that the day you people carry your nonsense to Igbo territory will be the day we expose all of you.
Just like Ooni of Ife said "Ndigbo are the oldest in Southern Nigeria" so any Igbo man that stays close to our old people will know everything about all of you.
Hoe many Nigerians know that there was an ethnic group known as "Oru" in southern Nigeria?
The same people you Ashanti and Kyrio people are occupying their land and trying to steal their identity.
Like i said, you know nothing about Okrika people at all.
I don't have time for your rants, i have more important things to attend to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Eastlink(m): 10:01am On Aug 19, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

You Ijaws are quite funny and so obvious in your expansionist bid! As you tell it, you own all the coast from Akwa-Ibom to Ondo! shocked

What's at play here is the result of the collusion you went into with your Fulani masters to try and deny Igbos access to the sea! You engaged in a lot of scheming and subterfuge to steal Igbo properties and land from the late 60s to early 70s, and you were emboldened to do what you did because your Fulani masters had your back!

Pre the uncivil war, i doubt the Opobo, Bonny and Okrika identified solely as Ijaw or Igbo. I feel they were more of city states in their own right (kinda like Monaco or The Vatican)...independent of both the Igbo and Ijaw, though having been influenced by both ethnicities! But with the coming of the uncivil war and the attempts to shrink Igbo territory as well as deny us a littoral status, you went for broke and charged full-steam ahead to 'Ijawnise' these city-states....especially Opobo, because you and your Nigerian masters looked at the map and saw Igboland had access to the sea via Opobo! smiley
This is what really happened.

5 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by SaintBishop: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2021
Idiko1:

And igbo names sound Nigerian right? grin
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2021
WorWorBoy:
Like i said, you know nothing about Okrika people at all.
I don't have time for your rants, i have more important things to attend to.
Better go and attend to them.
Whatever you lots say here, it won't change the fact that both Okirika and Abonema is Igbo land.
The Ijaw migrants can rant from now till 6 O'clock in the evening, when the time comes the owner will take his property even if force is needed.
Migrants don't decide boundaries talkless of people that were dragged to a place against their will

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 10:03am On Aug 19, 2021
SaintBishop:
Alaigbo is a country on her own.
Even one of the slave traders that dragged your ancestors to this place recognised it in his Autobiography

4 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by SaintBishop: 10:04am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

You swamp toads really have a flair for using your own rants as evidence for argument.
Well what do I expect from people that include Ogogoro as part of their daily diet.
Crying already? grin grin
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 10:05am On Aug 19, 2021
SaintBishop:
Crying already? grin grin
Sorry I am not anywhere near Swamp gas.
You know from experience that it is very peppery

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2021
Eastlink:
This is what really happened.
And they think we will have amnesia all of a sudden.
Thank God for Internet and Google map, we know their population and hiding places.

4 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by WorWorBoy: 10:09am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Better go and attend to them.
Whatever you lots say here, it won't change the fact that both Okirika and Abonema is Igbo land.
The Ijaw migrants can rant from now till 6 O'clock in the evening, when the time comes the owner will take his property even if force is needed.
Migrants don't decide boundaries talkless of people that were dragged to a place against their will
So you mean i'm igbo? Waiting i no go read for here. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 10:10am On Aug 19, 2021
WorWorBoy:
So you mean i'm igbo? Waiting i no read for here. grin
You missed the "migrants" part

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 10:14am On Aug 19, 2021
WorWorBoy:
Those names are Okrikan names. undecided

Umu Okirika (the so-called Okrika) get names too? I remembered the case of "Amaikiri" which became "Amachree". They could not change Ediabali, Odum, Azumiri, Utazi etc, hence such names have been left in a cooler. I really do not pay mind to turncoats.
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by OfoIgbo: 10:20am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
shut up......i have already see it on facebook known as igbo history 500bc or something like....where an ndoki man post in his dialect, but over thousands of igbos in that group no one could understand even one, i was the one that interpreted many.....

now tell me what is ngasi? dont run o..... i know you will run away from this question and go asked the question before will answer me............ answer fast.. what is ngasi?

Is the name of the town Ubani or Ngasi? I am only interested in Ubani or Bonny.

When an Ndoki man gives me an Ndoki sentence, I will have no problem in understanding him. You will not understand him.

What does Wabara mean in your language?

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 10:20am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Ijaw are not originally from Southern Nigeria that's why they have nothing in common with any group in South.
Even seclusive Bini share a lot of things with Esan, Urhobo, Yoruba and Itsekiri but Ijaw share nothing with anybody.
They are descendants of mostly Ashanti and Krio people of Ghana and Sierra Leone respectively that the British forced into the British invading force they used to invade southern Nigeria. After the invasion, the British made them to guard the ports of Warri, Ubani, Badagry etc. After the British invasion, the Ijaws settled their and started claiming ownership over those ports thats why some Nigerians that don't know history mistakenly think that they are just water people not knowing that were just British port gatemen
Google krio people and see all the Ijaw Customs, language and most especially war canoes with them.

They were actually British porters. They mixed with Filipinos and Indians who were shipmates or deckhands on the British schooners. They were not smart enough to man anything. This is one of the reasons British sought "Igbo Slaves".
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
that wabara is an Ijaw word..... it is exactly an Ijaw name....

wabara means what in ijaw ? and what about the others ?

Is Adolphus wabara an ijaw man ? please answer.

just see as you are running away from factual arguments.

the mbaise ,the Ngwa, the ikwerre (wether they accept it or not) ,the ukwa (ndoki and asa people) as well as the ibani are all related.

A little research into the history of the lower delta clans will rubbish most of the assertions that is being bandied around after the civil war.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 10:29am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:

now what is ngasi? dont run o... because more ndoki words are coming o, you must interpret them to prove it to the public that igbos can understand ndoki...... Yorubas and other tribes also seeing comments here, do prove it to them that igbos can understand ndoki....

Shut up your putrid mouth. What of "Ofonobaji"? Actually it is not ngasi but ngasa. Ikegi oo, do you know what jojo means in Akwete?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 10:31am On Aug 19, 2021
eduj:

Is Adolphus wabara an ijaw man ? please answer
Una go wait tire.
You don't deal with these swamp people with dignity, na madness they like.
Expecting reasonable reply is like expecting Ijaw man to tell you what he shares with any group in Southern Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 10:34am On Aug 19, 2021
Idiko1:

Shut up your putrid mouth. What of "Ofonobaji"? Actually it is not ngasi but ngasa. Ikegi oo, do you know what jojo means in Akwete?
Maybe he likes spoon (Ngazi)
You know, these swamp people like foad a lot that's why most of them are like inflated balloon, eg Asari Dokubo

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2021
eduj:

Is Adolphus wabara an ijaw man ? please answer
i dont know who is Adolphus Wabara, but that name wabara is an Ijaw name....... in my western dialect we said wobara....... wabara is a pure Ijaw name
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2021
SaintBishop:

Of course, they are very unique and meaningful. They can only be found among certain people on a distinct part of the earth. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 10:37am On Aug 19, 2021
Captain8:
i dont know who is Adolphus Wabara, but that name wabara is an Ijaw name....... in my western dialect we said wobara....... wabara is a pure Ijaw name
Meaning what?

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by WorWorBoy: 10:38am On Aug 19, 2021
Idiko1:

Umu Okirika (the so-called Okrika) get names too? I remembered the case of "Amaikiri" which became "Amachree". They could not change Ediabali, Odum, Azumiri, Utazi etc, hence such names have been left in a cooler. I really do not pay mind to turncoats.
Umu Okrika is found in imo state mbaise if i'm not mistaken, translated to English which means children of Okrika(how they get there is a discussion for another day). There's nothing like Umu Okrika in Rivers state, what we have here is Okrika.
As for the names, Okrika people don't bear Azumiri, Utazi as etc names, undecided rather we bear names like Boma, Nengi, Belema, Tonye, Tamuno and so on.
Any Okrikan bearing igbo names have igbo root (maybe his or her mother or father is from igbo), as Okrikans don't bear igbo names to begin with. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by BKayy: 10:40am On Aug 19, 2021
WorWorBoy:
Umu Okrika is found in imo state mbaise if i'm not mistaken, translated to English which means children of Okrika(how they get there is a discussion for another day). There's nothing like Umu Okrika in Rivers state, what we have here is Okrika.
As for the names, Okrika people don't bear Azumiri, Utazi as etc names, undecided rather we bear names like Boma, Nengi, Belema, Tonye, Tamuno and so on.
Any Okrikan bearing igbo names have igbo root (maybe his or her mother or father is from igbo), as Okrikans don't bear igbo names to begin with. undecided
That settles it.
Those Igbo ones are the indigenous people of Okirika.
You and your fellow Ashanti/krio turned Ijaw should respect yourselves or find your square root on time

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 19, 2021
BKayy:

Una go wait tire.
You don't deal with these swamp people with dignity, na madness they like.
Expecting reasonable reply is like expecting Ijaw man to tell you what he shares with any group in Southern Nigeria

the nerve of the guy and his crew just the annoy me. if not that the Ngwa is very large,we will wake up one day and hear stories about how they where ijaw.

This is how they push the misinformation that the ijaw is Nigerias 4th biggest tribe.

The oil rivers state the are pushing for is just a play to incorporate majority of the coastal territories and hence the offshore fields of present rivers state to themselves.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Ahmed Idris: EFCC Deceived Me To Admit Involvement In ‘₦‎109.4bn Fraud’ / Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters / How FG Plans To Deal With Dogara, Others Over Budget Padding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.