Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Questions About Hell. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Hell. (9766 Views)

Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 12:29am On Oct 03, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Again, you put all the emphasis on one place. What about the other place (which He actually wants people to go to).

What do you have to say about God for creating a place as marvelous as Heaven?

The Hell concept is a hard pill to swallow, agreed. But you fail to mention the fact that in the Scriptures God is constantly giving us ways to avoid going to that place. He actually sent His own Son to die shamefully so that people won't have to go there.

Jesus talked about hell more than He did Heaven, the reason being that He doesn't want anybody there.

In your argument against hell you have failed to see this fact.

Hitler loved his country men and in fact did what he did to make Germany great, it in no way absolves him of the atrocities he caused. Your god concept is the same, it doesn't matter he has his own favoured people the god remains a moral monster.
Re: Questions About Hell. by budaatum: 2:10am On Oct 03, 2021
sonmvayina:

Omnibenevolent?
I promise. I did not make it up.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by kkins25(m): 3:21am On Oct 03, 2021
budaatum:

God is a "what" too. God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and omnibenevolent as well as having an eternal and necessary existence, are all "whats" and not "whos", though they don't teach it in Sunday school.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Questions About Hell. by Ola17: 4:52am On Oct 03, 2021
Christianity thrives on two major human flaws: Fear and Selfishness.

Christians don’t really care what happens to the rest of the world as long as their knight in a shining armor comes at the end and whips them off to space to enjoy eternal bliss. Lol.

Billions of “good” people have lived and died before the start of Christianity a little over 2000 years ago and billions have lived and died since Christianity started without knowing about your god. In fact, even with the advent of modern means of communication we have today, billions are still living that haven’t even heard of your god still. Walahi anyone that don’t find it disturbing that some god will torture these billions of people and burn them in hell for eternity just for not believing a bogus concept that is a little over 2000 years old needs to get themselves checked.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

Hitler loved his country men and in fact did what he did to make Germany great, it in no way absolves him of the atrocities he caused. Your god concept is the same, it doesn't matter he has his own favoured people the god remains a moral monster.

Lol. Again you fail to realise the fact that God indeed sends people there who are worthy of going there. He is not a moral monster, He is Just.

By the way who are you to call God a moral monster? You are subject to sin, you can be tempted with evil. None of those things apply to God. God is Holy, Just and Good.

Show me one evil thing God has ever done. The real monsters are the devil, his bunch and we humans.

Hell is God's way of passing a comment on how He feels about evil.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2021
sonmvayina:

If you don't believe in hell,what will happen to you?

When I read about the concept of hell in the new testament, I went back to the old testament to find out what was the initial teaching in the Tanakh.
What I saw was,

Psalm 104 :29-31. Send forth your spirit and they are created and replenish the earth , take it and they die and return to dust from where they were taken.

I don't see anywhere it says God was going to send his spirit to burn for eternity. Where did the writers of the gospels get the idea from.

Then I went back to study Jewish history and discovered that the Jewish word translated as hell is actually a land outside Jerusalem where refuse and dead bodies were burnt. The place is always burning to convert the waste to carbon or ash.

We are Gods spirit dwelling within a physical body made from the DUST of the earth. When a body experiences Death, the spirit goes back to the owner. And the body returns to the earth...

Why would God send his spirit to hell??

Hismasterpiece I need answers.

Look at this post. You'll find answers there. https://www.nairaland.com/6711638/very-false-christian-belief-afterlife
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Lol. Again you fail to realise the fact that God indeed sends people there who are worthy of going there. He is not a moral monster, He is Just.

By the way who are you to call God a moral monster? You are subject to sin, you can be tempted with evil. None of those things apply to God. God is Holy, Just and Good.

Show me one evil thing God has ever done. The real monsters are the devil, his bunch and we humans.

That is not justice. Torture is not justice. The god concept shows the god is a monster of epic proportions. Torturing people endlessly is only a monster that can conceive of such a vile thing.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

That is not justice. Torture is not justice. The god concept shows the god is a monster of epic proportions. Torturing people endlessly is only a monster that can conceive of such a vile thing.

Lol. You say God is wicked, but i say God is Good. Just as He rewards the wicked with torment, He rewards the good with comfort and pleasure.

From a human point of view torturing people for eternity seems wicked, i understand. But it isn't logical to dissect a being such as God using human intelligence. Regardless of what you say, I just can't judge God as being evil because He doesn't just torment the wicked, He also comforts the righteous.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Lol. You say God is wicked, but i say God is Good. Just as He rewards the wicked with torment, He rewards the good with comfort and pleasure.

From a human point of view torturing people for eternity seems wicked, i understand. But it isn't logical to dissect a being such as God using human intelligence. Regardless of what you say, I just can't judge God as being evil because He doesn't just torment the wicked, He also comforts the righteous.

You are just repeating what you said before and so the answer remains the same. Favouring others while being a monster to others doesn't make you less a monster.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

Humans have spirits. Spirits don't die as they come from God. Do you want to live with God in Heaven?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

You are just repeating what you said before and so the answer remains the same. Favouring others while being a monster to others doesn't make you less a monster.

You're probably a monster to the living things you killed and ate, are you less of a monster or you don't have such perspective?

2 Likes

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
Image123:

Humans have spirits. Spirits don't die as they come from God. Do you want to live with God in Heaven?

None which has been demonstrated in any meaningful or substantial way so why would I believe so.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2021
Image123:

You're probably a monster to the living things you killed and ate, are you less of a monster or you don't have such perspective?

Maybe I am a monster to the things I have killed and eaten.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

I concur with you because dustbin isnt called dustbin until it has dust in it. Each and everything has its own value. Things not of value, things that have expired, things that have gone bad, gone off etc unceremoniously end up in dustbins

LordReed:

Your theology of God is wack. God is not in anyway sadistic.

For your info, refuse dumps, like Gehenna, the one on the outskirts of Jerusalem, burned endlessly, but, the purpose of incinerating refuse dumps, the likes of Gehenna and whatnot, are to burn up and end the existence of things, not to endlessly torture anything.

Image123:
Human beings are tripartite, meaning they they have body, spirit and soul.

When the spirit aka ruach leaves the body, it returns back to its Owner, God. The body returns back to being dust, while the soul leaves the body enroute to a departure lounge area, to wait for Judgment Day date and the soul's departure destination

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
BassReeves:
I concur with you because dustbin isnt called dustbin until it has dust in it. Each and everything has its own value. Things not of value, things that have expired, things that have gone bad, gone off etc unceremoniously end up in dustbins

Your theology of God is wack. God is not in anyway sadistic.

For your info, refuse dumps, like Gehenna, the one on the outskirts of Jerusalem, burned endlessly, but, the purpose of incinerating refuse dumps, the likes of Gehenna and whatnot, are to burn up and end the existence of things, not to endlessly torture anything.

Human beings are tripartite, meaning they they have body, spirit and soul.

When the spirit aka ruach leaves the body, it returns back to its Owner, God. The body returns back to being dust, while the soul leaves the body enroute to a departure lounge area, to wait for Judgment Day date and the soul's departure destination

Oga I don't have a theology, you people are the ones telling us that your god has a torture chamber where he tortures people for eternity.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

Maybe I am a monster to the things I have killed and eaten.

We're all monsters, happy?

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

None which has been demonstrated in any meaningful or substantial way so why would I believe so.

Wasn't really aiming at your belief but understanding.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
Image123:

Wasn't really aiming at your belief but understanding.

My understanding of what?
Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

Of endlessly.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2021
Image123:

We're all monsters, happy?

Quite. It leads me to conclude that some monsters imagined a super monster who can't solve the same problems they are having and called the super monster a god.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2021
Image123:

Of endlessly.

You've lost me.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:
Oga I don't have a theology ...
Your knowledge of God, instead then, is wack

LordReed:
... you people are the ones telling us that your god has a torture chamber where he tortures people for eternity.
I reiterate that God is not in any shape or form sadistic.

God does not have a torture chamber. God doesn't not have any place for torturing people for eternity. God is not in any torturing business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
BassReeves:
Your knowledge of God, instead then, is wack

I reiterate that God is not in any shape or form sadistic.

God does not have a torture chamber. God doesn't not have any place for torturing people for eternity. God is not in any torturing business.

Blame yourself then because the god you present is wack.

Your god created an everlasting place of torment that is what I refer to as a torture chamber. If you have a problem with that concept take it up with the people who keep presenting it as the work of your god concept.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

Image123:
Of endlessly.

LordReed:
You've lost me.
Matthew 10:28
'And you shall not be afraid of those who kill the body that are not able to kill the soul;
rather be afraid of Him who can destroy soul and body in Gehenna.”
'

Why arent I not surprised you got lost and slipped on 'endlessly' banana skin

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:
Blame yourself then because the god you present is wack.

Your god created an everlasting place of torment that is what I refer to as a torture chamber. If you have a problem with that concept take it up with the people who keep presenting it as the work of your god concept.
See, you're are still stepping and slipping on the banana skin

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 5:37pm On Oct 03, 2021
BassReeves:
See, you're are still stepping and slipping on the banana skin

LoL.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 5:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
BassReeves:

Matthew 10:28
'And you shall not be afraid of those who kill the body that are not able to kill the soul;
rather be afraid of Him who can destroy soul and body in Gehenna.”
'

Why arent I not surprised you got lost and slipped on 'endlessly' banana skin

Like I said blame your fellow believers like the OP who come to say it is endless torment.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:
Like I said blame your fellow believers like the OP who come to say it is endless torment.
We are not doing a blaming game here.

As for fellow believers, well, fellow believers that know their onions, make distinctions or disparities between Hades and the Lake of Fire, in that, the former is a holding place and the latter is a glorified refusing dump perpetually burning. There is no endless torment because once burned up, thats the end of the existence of the incinerated

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2021
BassReeves:
We are not doing a blaming game here.

As for fellow believers, well, fellow believers that know their onions, make distinctions or disparities between Hades and the Lake of Fire, in that, the former is a holding place and the latter is a glorified refusing dump perpetually burning. There is no endless torment because once burned up, thats the end of the existence of the incinerated

Again address your clarifications to your fellow believers so that y'all can get on the same page. If a believer comes to me and tells me your god will torture me endlessly I will give him the corresponding response.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:
Again address your clarifications to your fellow believers so that y'all can get on the same page. If a believer comes to me and tells me your god will torture me endlessly I will give him the corresponding response.
What matters is, you now know better and you've been correctly informed that:
1. God is not in any shape or form sadistic.
2. There is no torture chamber.
3. God doesn't not have any place for endlessly torturing people for eternity.
4. God is not in any torturing business.
5. Of course God will pay back to each person according to his deeds [justly, as his deeds deserve], to those who by persistence in doing good seek [unseen but certain heavenly] glory, honor, and immortality (i.e. Romans 2:6-7)

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
BassReeves:
What matters is, you now know better and you've been correctly informed that:
1. God is not in any shape or form sadistic.
2. There is no torture chamber.
3. God doesn't not have any place for endlessly torturing people for eternity.
4. God is not in any torturing business.
5. Of course God will pay back to each person according to his deeds [justly, as his deeds deserve], to those who by persistence in doing good seek [unseen but certain heavenly] glory, honor, and immortality (i.e. Romans 2:6-7)

I know better what you believe. When someone who believes something else comes I won't be arguing what you believe with them, the onus is on you to go inform them of what you believe, I won't be arguing it for you.
Re: Questions About Hell. by BassReeves: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:
I know better what you believe.
Has nothing to do with what you know that I believe, rather, its all to do with all and what the bible truthfully and correctly says

LordReed:
When someone who believes something else comes I won't be arguing what you believe with them, the onus is on you to go inform them of what you believe, I won't be arguing it for you.
We dont have need to do arguments because we demolish arguments with the presentation of facts, truth and reality.

I am selective who I share knowledge with, you were positioned for the blessing today. Proves, in spite, God still loves you

All thats been shared with you, the knowledge you've been exposed to here on this thread will be presented, served and used as evidence against you on that day. Sure hope you have an Advocate to take your case on and fight your corner for you on the day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus / Rhapsody Of Realities 2020 Edition / The Lying Deity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.