Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Questions About Hell. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About Hell. (9754 Views)

Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
Those who believe are always looking for validation, for signs, for wonders, they won't pass up the chance.
Validation from whom? undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:

Those who believe are always looking for validation, for signs, for wonders, they won't pass up the chance.

i believe, i don't need validation or look for signs and wonders. On the other hand, you are the one eternally begging for a sign to prove God exists. You should stop lying so naturally.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Validation from whom? undecided

From others.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Image123(m): 6:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:

Same way news of a miracle working pastor spreads.

Such news usually spreads by carnal minds like you who are hinged on cerelac and bobo, and have overall done more damage and mockery to the gospel work than devil could.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
From others.
I am afraid you have them wrong then. Not everyone seeks validation from others as yu assume, particularly not those who have it since they would be those who only listen to God and God alone in all things. undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you have them wrong then. Not everyone seeks validation from others as yu assume, particularly not those who have it since they would be those who only listen to God and God alone in all things. undecided

I said others not the people with the gift {if they actually exist lol}.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:

I said others not the people with the gift {if they actually exist lol}.
Maybe the genuine thing scares them so much so that they would rather pretend they don't know of it than seek validation in the way you seem to expect them to. undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Maybe the genuine thing scares them so much so that they would rather pretend they don't know of it than seek validation in the way you seem to expect them to. undecided

If glossolalia doesn't scare them then speaking actual languages shouldn't.

1 Like

Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
LordReed:
If glossolalia doesn't scare them then speaking actual languages shouldn't.
If you say so. undecided
Maybe one of these days one of them will show up seeking "validation" then. undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If you say so. undecided
Maybe one of these days one of them will show up seeking "validation" then. undecided

Not holding my breath for that. lol
Re: Questions About Hell. by Cabble4(m): 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

I believe that God knows the end from the beginning, but i also believe that God can choose not to know something. I'll give you three examples from scripture.

1. Heb 8:12 "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more." . But you say God knows all things, but this scripture makes it clear that though he knows all things, He still has the ability to keep things out of His knowledge.

2. The story of when God tested Abraham. He told him to offer his son Isaac as a burnt offering to Him. I believe God chose not to know what choice Abraham would make. Because if God already knew, then why would he ask Abraham to sacrifice his son? Gen 22:1-18.

3. The return of Jesus. Jesus said that no one knows when He will return, except the father. Jesus is God and knows all things so what other explanation is there except the fact that even though God knows the end from the beginning, He can choose not to. Mat 24:36
There is NO UNKNOWING WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW. EXCEPT YOU WANT TO TELL ME THAT, GOD WAS SUFFERING FROM SELECTIVE AMNESIA.
*If God said, "I will remember their sins no more"" doesn't in anyway suggests that God will suddenly chose to Unknow what He already knows. If He chose not to remember their sins means, He will not charge them for their sins because SomeOne paid for those sins.So, in this case, He will treat them as if they have never sinned. But, it doesn't mean He went blank upstairs please. Don't take English word in the bible literally. English language is not rich enough to accommodate the real meaning.
As for your second case of Abraham, you answered it all when you said "I believe God chose......". You should know that your assumptions no matter how sophisticated and noble they may be, can not stand for God's Mind, more especially when He told us His ways and Thoughts are not like ours. God knew Abraham's decision on the matter even before the world began. Recalled Jesus response to John De Baptist in river Jordan. To FULFILL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS. Everything happening God is aware and allows them for a purpose and soonest we will all know.
As for your 3rd case. That has sparked serious debate I don't wish to reopen it.
All your instances doesn't support your claims. I would strongly suggest you do a thorough research on this subject you treated because it seems to Me even you are not well convinced with the usage of Words like, " I BELIEVE GOD.......".
Re: Questions About Hell. by Cabble4(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

First of all, i never said God created hell after man rebelled. According to what the scriptures teach, God created hell for the devil and his angels.

Secondly, what you understood by what i posted wasn't the aim of my post. Are you saying that God created Heaven and created hell on standby in anticipation of satan's and adam's rebellion? I don't think that accords with scripture.
Maybe you need to read what you wrote letters for letters if word for word is confusing to you.
*How is this hard for you to understand? God is not a Vindictive Father Please.
Let ME tell you something your mentors didn't tell you. God is ALL THINGS PLEASING AND BEYOND HIM IS NOTHINGNESS. I reiterate, GOD IS ALL THINGS PLEASING AND BEYOND HIM IS ABSOLUTE NOTHINGNESS(Math:17-This is My beloved Son and in Him I am well pleased. We all know Jesus is the blueprint of all things and without Him there is nothing made that was made.
Now ask yourself this question, since GOD IS ALL THINGS PLEASING AND BEYOND HIM IS ABSOLUTE NOTHINGNESS, then where is hell in this equation?
*I would say again, our English translation of the bible didn't do a good job in properly communicating God's Mind. Most times, check the original word that that passage was written before translation. Thank you.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
LordReed:

I already said that the god if he exists is an amoral being.

God is a person.

People aren't amoral.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:34pm On Sep 09, 2021
Cabble4:

Maybe you need to read what you wrote letters for letters if word for word is confusing to you.
*How is this hard for you to understand? God is not a Vindictive Father Please.
Let ME tell you something your mentors didn't tell you. God is ALL THINGS PLEASING AND BEYOND HIM IS NOTHINGNESS. I reiterate, GOD IS ALL THINGS PLEASING AND BEYOND HIM IS ABSOLUTE NOTHINGNESS(Math:17-This is My beloved Son and in Him I am well pleased. We all know Jesus is the blueprint of all things and without Him there is nothing made that was made.
Now ask yourself this question, since GOD IS ALL THINGS PLEASING AND BEYOND HIM IS ABSOLUTE NOTHINGNESS, then where is hell in this equation?
*I would say again, our English translation of the bible didn't do a good job in properly communicating God's Mind. Most times, check the original word that that passage was written before translation. Thank you.

Luk 16:19-31 vividly describes two different places where people go when they die. Read it and see for yourself.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Kobojunkiee: 11:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Luk 16:19-31 vividly describes two different places where people go when they die. Read it and see for yourself.
Nothing vivid about a parable...it is instead meant as a story to teach you something about the Kingdom of God and hence should never be taken literally or vividly- Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17 undecided
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 8:02am On Sep 10, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

God is a person.

People aren't amoral.

I don’t understand your response.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Cabble4(m): 10:48am On Sep 10, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

So, you think I haven't considered Lazarus and the rich man before making up My argument?
So, if you die now(if you are in Christ), you are saying you will be heading to Abraham's Bosom? grin grin grin grin.
So, new Heaven and New Earth is Abraham's Bosom? grin grin grin ; grin. Safe journey to Abraham's Bosom bross grin grin grin.
I asked you a very simple question, you couldn't answer Me. Let Me make it simple and easy.
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT GOD IS ALL THINGS PLEASING AND BEYOND HIM IS ABSOLUTE NOTHINGNESS?
Please for your response at your earliest convenience.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2021
LordReed:

I don’t understand your response.

Are you amoral? If you aren't amoral then how can you expect the person that created you like Him to be otherwise?
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Are you amoral? If you aren't amoral then how can you expect the person that created you like Him to be otherwise?

Why does the nture of who created what matter? Are humans made of metal how come the cars they make are metal? The nature of the maker has no bearing on what the created thing will be. Besides I don't believe a god created anything especially not me therefore whether or not I am amoral doesn't play into it.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2021
LordReed:

Why does the nture of who created what matter? Are humans made of metal how come the cars they make are metal? The nature of the maker has no bearing on what the created thing will be. Besides I don't believe a god created anything especially not me therefore whether or not I am amoral doesn't play into it.

Well look at it this way. The concept of God as described in scriptures. God is described as a king for instance. Now a king is.... you don't need me to start to define what a king is for you do i? You're more intelligent than that.

Anyways, for someone to be called a king he has to have a kingdom and make decisions about said kingdom (have you watched game of thrones or anyother movie or series with a monarchy?)

You can't be a king and be amoral. That's the point i'm trying to make.

God is also described as a father, husband, friend, protector, etc.. You can't be all those things and be amoral.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 12:16am On Sep 18, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Well look at it this way. The concept of God as described in scriptures. God is described as a king for instance. Now a king is.... you don't need me to start to define what a king is for you do i? You're more intelligent than that.

Anyways, for someone to be called a king he has to have a kingdom and make decisions about said kingdom (have you watched game of thrones or anyother movie or series with a monarchy?)

You can't be a king and be amoral. That's the point i'm trying to make.

God is also described as a father, husband, friend, protector, etc.. You can't be all those things and be amoral.

You can be anything and be amoral. Your title or position doesn't preclude you from being amoral, it's your actions that suggest if you are amoral. If a god exists it certainly doesn't care very much about human welfare for instance, if it did it would not standby and watch all the atrocities that have been going on throughout human history without doing anything. That is how an amoral being would behave. You would define yourself as a moral being, would you watch any of your loved ones get beaten, raped and killed before your very eyes when you have the power to stop their assailant? You won't standby and do nothing or am I wrong about you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
LordReed:

You can be anything and be amoral. Your title or position doesn't preclude you from being amoral, it's your actions that suggest if you are amoral. If a god exists it certainly doesn't care very much about human welfare for instance, if it did it would not standby and watch all the atrocities that have been going on throughout human history without doing anything. That is how an amoral being would behave. You would define yourself as a moral being, would you watch any of your loved ones get beaten, raped and killed before your very eyes when you have the power to stop their assailant? You won't standby and do nothing or am I wrong about you?

Like i said before, there is a set day for jusdgement.

Even the people on whom the atrocities are being committed are not innocent (that doesn't mean i'm in support of what's happening to them).

God is waiting patiently for all to repent and turn to Him.
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Like i said before, there is a set day for jusdgement.

Even the people on whom the atrocities are being committed are not innocent (that doesn't mean i'm in support of what's happening to them).

God is waiting patiently for all to repent and turn to Him.

So will a person killed before they had the chance to repent get a chance after their death?
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
LordReed:

So will a person killed before they had the chance to repent get a chance after their death?

Nope
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Nope

Then it is pointless for the god to wait and standby while people suffer.
Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
LordReed:

Then it is pointless for the god to wait and standby while people suffer.

It isn't pointless. And you make it sound like God doesn't care that people are suffering. But you forget that God didn't create today's world, man did. Man chose to rebel against God and hand over ruling power to satan, according to whom the world is.
Re: Questions About Hell. by haddeylium(m): 11:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
LordReed:

He was a sacrifice that was human, a human sacrifice. He is symbolised by a lamb and you know what they did with lambs in the OT.

Wow. I commend this your depth of knowledge. Many self acclaimed Christians find this basic concept difficult to grasp
Re: Questions About Hell. by LordReed(m): 6:36am On Sep 22, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

It isn't pointless. And you make it sound like God doesn't care that people are suffering. But you forget that God didn't create today's world, man did. Man chose to rebel against God and hand over ruling power to satan, according to whom the world is.

So what? In the world to come as you believe it are people not going to suffer for eternity? It's quite clear the the concept of god as you believe it doesn't care about people suffering, suffering doesn't move your god to do anything, in fact your god is preparing for people to suffer for eternity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions About Hell. by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:24pm On Sep 22, 2021
LordReed:

So what? In the world to come as you believe it are people not going to suffer for eternity? It's quite clear the the concept of god as you believe it doesn't care about people suffering, suffering doesn't move your god to do anything, in fact your god is preparing for people to suffer for eternity.

The people who will suffer for eternity are those who justly deserve it. God is Just, you see.
Re: Questions About Hell. by jamesid29(m): 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
LordReed:

I'm guessing your point is, an all good God is incompatible with the evil we see in this world.

If I may ask? How would you deal with the problem of evil if you were God?
Re: Questions About Hell. by Olayoo: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2021
jamesid29:

I'm guessing your point is, an all good God is incompatible with the evil we see in this world.

If I may ask? How would you deal with the problem of evil if you were God?
I like ur style. Using questions to answer questions. G.
Re: Questions About Hell. by nnamdiosu(m): 4:46am On Sep 23, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

You already answered your question.

Perfect answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How To Stop Eating In Dreams / Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. / A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.